Paul Ryan: Spineless Speaker

TexasFilly

Paul Ryan: Spineless Speaker

Post by TexasFilly » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:52 pm

Asked on Tuesday about President Donald Trump’s attacks on the "so-called judge" who blocked his immigration executive order nationwide, House Speaker Paul Ryan defended the President.

Despite the insults, Trump was respecting the appeals process, Ryan said at his weekly press conference.

“We respect an independent judiciary. This is a separate branch of government,” Ryan said. “He’s not the first President to get frustrated with a ruling from a court.”

“I think what’s most important are the actions,” he continued. “This administration is honoring the ruling, and this administration is going through the proper procedures to deal with the ruling to try and get the ruling overturned. They’re going through the appeals process, they’re respecting the separation of powers in the process. Look, I know he’s an unconventional President. He gets frustrated with judges, we get frustrated with judges. But he’s respecting the process, and that’s what counts at the end of the day.”
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/r ... tion-order

Yes, because when the President engages in a campaign to delegitimize the federal judiciary, that's respecting the process.

I love the poorly educated!!!

I believe Anita Hill!

Dolly

Re: Paul Ryan: Spineless Speaker

Post by Dolly » Sun May 28, 2017 3:49 pm

These 8th-graders from New Jersey refused to be photographed with Paul Ryan

For students across the country, the traditional eighth-grade trip to Washington is a chance to join the throngs on the Mall and perhaps spot some of the world’s most powerful people on the grounds of the U.S. Capitol.

But a group from South Orange Middle School in New Jersey will probably remember their trip to the nation’s capital last week for another reason: It was the occasion for a pointed snub of House Speaker Paul D. Ryan (R-Wisconsin).

About half of the roughly 150 students on the trip refused to have their photo taken with Ryan when he briefly joined them outside the capitol Thursday. Instead, they stood across the street while Ryan posed with their peers.

Matthew Malespina, 13, said in an interview Sunday that he chose not to be photographed with Ryan because he disagreed with the policies the speaker and his party are pushing on health care, among other things.

“I don’t want to be associated with a man who puts his party before his country,” Matthew said. “I don’t like to take a picture with somebody that I can’t associate with. Let’s say somebody is not nice to me at school, for example. I wouldn’t take a picture with them, probably.” <SNIP>
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... 66c368c87f

paul ryan new jersey 8th graders

I did a search for "Paul Ryan" in the thread title. There are four threads. Wasn't sure which one to post in.

Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Sun May 28, 2017 5:17 pm

Hooray for the Notre Dame grads and these 8th graders all of whom have the courage to stand up to government hypocrites.

"The people must know before they can act, and there is no educator to compare with the press." - Ida B. Wells-Barnett, journalist, newspaper editor, suffragist, feminist and founder with others of NAACP.

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Sun May 28, 2017 5:34 pm

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote:Hooray for the Notre Dame grads and these 8th graders all of whom have the courage to stand up to government hypocrites.
:yeah:

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Lani

Post by Lani » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:42 am

Gawd he's dumb. And his staff. And everyone who voted for this without a simple fact check.
Paul Ryan ✔ @SpeakerRyan
BREAKING NEWS → The House just voted to condemn violence against protestors outside Turkish ambassador's residence. http://spkrryan.us/2r2xxeF
12:57 PM - 6 Jun 2017
In which he urges Istanbul to take responsibility.
Gerry Doyle @mgerrydoyle
istanbul isn't the capital of turkey, fyi

Insert signature here: ____________________________________________________

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:25 am

Lani wrote:Gawd he's dumb. And his staff. And everyone who voted for this without a simple fact check.
Paul Ryan ✔ @SpeakerRyan
BREAKING NEWS → The House just voted to condemn violence against protestors outside Turkish ambassador's residence. http://spkrryan.us/2r2xxeF
12:57 PM - 6 Jun 2017
In which he urges Istanbul to take responsibility.
Gerry Doyle @mgerrydoyle
istanbul isn't the capital of turkey, fyi

They fixed it at the link, but the Internet noticed anyway. :rotflmao:

"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (R-ME)

Lani

Post by Lani » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:36 am

It's still on twitter. :)

Insert signature here: ____________________________________________________

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:59 am

Lani wrote:
It's still on twitter. :)
One hour later and it's still there:
PaulRyanIstanbul.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:25 am

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:35 pm

Per Politico, via Fox News

BREAKING NEWS: @politico: @SpeakerRyan tells confidants he plans to retire after the 2018 midterm elections.

I read earlier this week his newbie democratic opponent polls within striking distance, and it's not even 2018 yet. Just wait until people realize how screwed they are by the tax bill and the FCC.

Trying to coordinate goggies to Trumpies in trouble:
Manafort's bankers are not good boys and girls.
ImageImageImage x4

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:04 pm

https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/policy ... l-shithole?
THE curious case of Paul Ryan’s evaporating courage
He used to call out Trump’s racist comments. Now he doesn’t.

It’s not an original observation to note that Paul Ryan has degraded himself in service of Donald Trump. Nor is it reasonable to suggest that the 2016 Paul Ryan, the Paul Ryan who could call Trump a racist when Trump said something racist, was somehow truly resisting Trump.

In the same press conference where he condemned Trump, Ryan was sure to add, “Do I believe that Hillary Clinton is the answer? No, I do not,” and that Republicans “have more likelihood of getting our policies enacted with him than we do with her.” Even then he was very clearly willing to tolerate a presidential nominee who he knew was a racist, who he said publicly was a racist, in order to enable the enactment of his preferred economic policies.

When Paul Ryan saw evidence of this in June 2016, he was alarmed. He called Trump a racist and condemned him in clear terms. But now Trump has shown that he can give Ryan tax cuts. That he could give Ryan another conservative Supreme Court justice. And now, curiously, Ryan appears to lack that same fervor.

"The people must know before they can act, and there is no educator to compare with the press." - Ida B. Wells-Barnett, journalist, newspaper editor, suffragist, feminist and founder with others of NAACP.

Return to “Congress”