Ex-Speaker Paul Ryan? (retitled)

RVInit

Re: Ex-Speaker Paul Ryan? (retitled)

Post by RVInit » Wed May 17, 2017 8:25 pm

Northland10 wrote:
kate520 wrote:Tolland, you ok?
Maybe the cat is posting.
My kitty lays on my keyboard and she actually sent a gibberish email to a friend once. I had the compose open and got up. When I got back she had laid on the keyboard and managed to put pressure on the Enter key to send a bunch of gibberish. I got an email back from my friend wanting to know if Mexicans had stolen my computer.

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:46 pm

Paul Ryan Collected $500,000 In Koch Contributions Days After House Passed Tax Law
That’s peanuts compared with what the Koch brothers will save.
By Mary Papenfuss

Just days after the House passed its version of the federal tax law slashing corporate tax rates, House Speaker Paul Ryan collected nearly $500,000 in campaign contributions from billionaire energy mogul Charles Koch and his wife, according to a recent campaign donor report.

Koch and his brother David spent millions of dollars to get the tax law passed and are spending millions more in a public relations campaign in an attempt to boost support for the law, The Wall Street Journal reported.

Koch Industries, one of the largest private corporations in the nation, operates refineries and manufactures a variety of products. The new tax law — which slices corporate tax rates from 35 percent to 21 percent, slashes estate taxes and includes a special deduction for oil and gas investors — is expected to save the Koch brothers and their businesses billions of dollars in taxes.

Just 13 days after the tax law was passed, Charles Koch and his wife, Elizabeth, donated nearly $500,000 to Ryan’s joint fundraising committee, according to a campaign finance report filed Thursday.

Five other donors, including billionaire businessmen Jeffery Hildebrand and William Parfet, each contributed $100,000 in the last quarter of 2017, according to the records.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ko ... 592a09697c

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:53 am

Townhall:
Expect an 'After Easter' Bombshell Announcement From Speaker Ryan
Myra Adams Posted: Mar 16, 2018 12:01 AM

Mark your calendars! As if there isn’t enough daily drama swirling around Washington, in early or mid-April there is likely to be an announcement that will titillate the nation’s capital more than a Stormy Daniels interview on “60 Minutes.” According to a frontline GOP strategist (name asked to be withheld) “after Easter” is when House Speaker Paul Ryan will announce his decision whether or not to run for reelection in Wisconsin’s 1st congressional district. Speaker Ryan, age 48, has represented his home district since winning the seat in 1998 at age 28.

Ryan’s 2018 reelection decision is imminent given Wisconsin’s filing deadline of June 1 with an August 14 primary. Thus, April is the expected time frame when this strategist believes the speaker will drop his bombshell.
In mid-December, headlines exploded after a report that Ryan would not run for reelection. Then in January, more headlines predicted the same. Conversely, in late January, Ryan told Fox News that he would run in 2018 but ruled out a future presidential bid. Since then, all has been quiet on the Ryan reelection front.

Meanwhile, Ryan has not officially filed, has made no active reelection campaign rumblings and, coupled with the GOP’s disastrous Pennsylvania special election results as evidence that Republicans will likely lose control of the House, why the heck would Ryan stick around to hand the House gavel to Nancy Pelosi? Practically speaking, what more does Speaker Ryan have to prove after serving 20 years in the House given his other signature issue, entitlement reform, is going nowhere fast?
https://townhall.com/columnists/myraada ... n-n2461284

:dance:

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:02 am

:daydream:

Azastan

Post by Azastan » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:06 am

Perhaps he wants to join the extremely long line of people excitedly vying for plum jobs in the Trump 'administration'?

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:26 am

Azastan wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:06 am
Perhaps he wants to join the extremely long line of people excitedly vying for plum jobs in the Trump 'administration' reelection campaign?
FIFY

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:24 am

Azastan wrote:
Perhaps he wants to join the extremely long line of people excitedly vying for plum jobs in the Trump 'administration'?
Lyin' Ryan is really that dumb/naïve??

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Azastan

Post by Azastan » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:36 am

Notorial Dissent wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:24 am
Azastan wrote:
Probably not, but it would be nice to have him seriously enmeshed in the cesspit--even more than he is now. You just KNOW that there's been stuff going on behind the scenes which would land other people in prison.

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:36 am

Notorial Dissent wrote:
Azastan wrote:
Yeah, I think he might just be both. I don't know why Rachel has let him go on for so long, but she should also be saying how much he sucks at his job as she did with Boehner. Part of Ayn Rand Paul's problem is that first name. If you read her crap in high school, you are supposed to grow beyond it.

Edited to correct:

Oops! As was pointed out to me by a member I said Rand Paul. I meant Ayn Paul Ryan. :oops: As Ayn Rand idiot devotees, they seem interchangeable in my mind.

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:50 am

AndyinPA wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:36 am
Notorial Dissent wrote:
Azastan wrote:
Yeah, I think he might just be both. I don't know why Rachel has let him go on for so long, but she should also be saying how much he sucks at his job as she did with Boehner. Part of Ayn Rand Paul's problem is that first name. If you read her crap in high school, you are supposed to grow beyond it.
:like:

--- George W Bush

ImageImage

bob

Post by bob » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:57 am

Townhall
Always the bastion of accuracy. :roll:

Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:43 pm

Azastan wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:36 am
Notorial Dissent wrote:
Azastan wrote:
Probably not, but it would be nice to have him seriously enmeshed in the cesspit--even more than he is now. You just KNOW that there's been stuff going on behind the scenes which would land other people in prison.
There would certainly be a certain symmetry and justice to that.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:24 pm

He seems to have a serious contender in his district this fall, Randy Bryce.

https://www.randybryceforcongress.com/

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:40 pm

Randy Bryce aka Ironstache (he likes the name) seems cool, he's been making the rounds.
Randy Bryce: Paul Ryan Hasn’t Helped His District | Hardball | MSNBC
MSNBC Published on Mar 21, 2018
Will his defense of the President hurt Congressman Ryan in the midterms? One of his challengers, Randy Bryce, plays Hardball.

Gateway Pundit is next to worthless but it's quoting a House member and another publication:

BREAKING: Congressman Reveals Paul Ryan Rumored To Resign As Speaker In ‘NEXT 30 TO 60 DAYS’
by Joshua Caplan March 26, 2018 492 Comments
Rep. Mark Amodei (R-NV) revealed on Nevada Newsmakers Monday that House Speaker Paul Ryan is rumored to be resigning in the very near future.

RGJ reports:

Amodei said he was repeating a rumor that’s around Capitol Hill.

“The rumor mill is that Paul Ryan is getting ready to resign in the next 30 to 60 days and that Steve Scalise will be the new Speaker,” Amodei said. […]

Scalise, from Louisiana’s 1st U.S. House District, is currently the House majority whip, responsible for rounding up votes on various bills and issues. In June of 2017, he was shot during practice for the congressional baseball team in Virginia. He survived after being in critical condition and returned to Congress in late September of 2017.

“Now that is interesting because nobody has talked to members (of the U.S. House) on how they are going to vote (on new leadership),” the Congressman said.

“Now, maybe they have talked to all of the members but me. I don’t know, so that is the rumor mill from last week.
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/03 ... o-60-days/

woodworker

Post by woodworker » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:59 pm

He just wants to spend more time with his donors family.

Pence / Haley -- 2020 "I Won't Call Her Mother" and "We Will Be The Best Team Ever, But Never Alone Together"

bob

Post by bob » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:13 pm

CNN: Paul Ryan denies rumor he will resign:
A Nevada Republican shared on Monday what he conceded is a rumor: That House Speaker Paul Ryan would resign in the near future and House Majority Whip Steve Scalise would claim the gavel.

"The rumor mill is Paul Ryan is getting ready to resign in the next 30 to 60 days and that Steve Scalise will be the new speaker," Nevada GOP Rep. Mark Amodei said on "Nevada Newsmakers."

Ryan's office denied on Monday that he was stepping down.

"The speaker is not resigning," spokesman Doug Andres told CNN.

Amodei's office stressed the nature of the congressman's claim was a "rumor he had heard."
But see:
Ryan has yet to declare whether he will seek re-election, and some of his close friends previously told CNN that he might leave office. For his part, Ryan has demurred and said in a January interview that re-election is a decision he and his wife will make together in late spring.

Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

Addie

Post by Addie » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:28 am

Politico: The race to replace Paul Ryan is on

House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy and Whip Steve Scalise have started courting Republicans in case the speaker retires.

¡Estiveo! come home.

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:18 am

Would love it, but Lyin' Paul Ryan has to run, it would have a huge demoralizing effect on the GOP if he dropped out and they need all the money he can raise. Voters need to press him on if he'll serve if elected.

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:02 am

I’d rather see Ryan retired by the voters in Wisconsin. I might put a little more stock in their common sense if they did.

Ano, jsou opravdové. - Stormy Daniels

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:10 am

ZekeB wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:02 am
I’d rather see Ryan retired by the voters in Wisconsin. I might put a little more stock in their common sense if they did.
I just want him retired, common sense or no.

"The people must know before they can act, and there is no educator to compare with the press." - Ida B. Wells-Barnett, journalist, newspaper editor, suffragist, feminist and founder with others of NAACP.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:27 pm

ZekeB wrote:
Humiliatingly and decisively would be best and most satisfying. Wishful thinking, but WTH.

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:35 pm

Notorial Dissent wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:27 pm
ZekeB wrote:
Humiliatingly and decisively would be best and most satisfying. Wishful thinking, but WTH.
:thumbs:

--- George W Bush

ImageImage

kate520

Post by kate520 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:58 pm

I want to see Kevin McCarthy ousted. He’s an embarrassment to our golden state, and likely involved in at least the coverup.

DEFEND DEMOCRACY

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:50 pm

Notorial Dissent wrote:
ZekeB wrote:
Cantor got come upped. Of course it was by a nutjob even more right than he was.

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:35 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:50 pm
Notorial Dissent wrote:
ZekeB wrote:
Cantor got come upped. Of course it was by a nutjob even more right than he was.
Which somewhat diminished my pleasure at seeing Cantor get wiped out.

"Be careful what you wish for" (not meaning you, Stern) comes to mind.

--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Return to “Congress”