Ted Cruz, Texas Tea Turd

esseff44

Ted Cruz, Texas Tea Turd

Post by esseff44 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:54 pm

Ted Cruz is a Tenther and a Birther.  Pretty soon, he will be going full SovCit.

MN-Skeptic

Ted Cruz, Texas Tea Turd

Post by MN-Skeptic » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:52 pm

Cruz pandering to two sets of voters -Cruz: Cuba embassy a 'slap in the face' to IsraelCruz, who is running for president, called Obama's announcement "unacceptable and a slap in the face of a close ally that the United States will have an embassy in Havana before one in Jerusalem." The United States currently has an embassy in Tel Aviv, but Cruz has repeatedly called for the embassy to be moved to Jerusalem.(more at the link)Every single country - 86 in all - which has an embassy in Israel has them in the Tel Aviv area. There are no embassies in Jerusalem. But here Cruz appears to be wooing the anti-Cuba voters and the coveted Jewish voters. It just strikes me as an odd juxtaposition.

Sterngard Friegen

Ted Cruz, Texas Tea Turd

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:24 am

I'm listening to Chuck Todd's creampuff interview of Ted Cruz on Meet the Press. Chuck Toddler indeed.Whatever happened to journalists challenging the bullshit from politicians with the facts? And with hard questions?Tim Russert must be spinning in his grave.

TexasFilly

Ted Cruz, Texas Tea Turd

Post by TexasFilly » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:42 pm

Trump took a shot at Todd the other day.  Called him "sad eyes" or "droopy eyes" or something.ETA:  Cruz is supposed to be on Hardball this week.  Tweety has no love for Cruz.  Maybe it will be interesting.
I love the poorly educated!!!

I never repeat myself. I never repeat myself. Trump 2/25/16

Sterngard Friegen

Ted Cruz, Texas Tea Turd

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:04 pm

Tweety is another joke of an interviewer. His biggest problem is that he doesn't let those he is interviewing answer his questions. His questions are often pathetic, too.The last time I got a chill running down my leg listening to Chris Matthews I spilled the ice out of my soft drink onto it.

TexasFilly

Ted Cruz, Texas Tea Turd

Post by TexasFilly » Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:36 pm

Tweety is another joke of an interviewer. His biggest problem is that he doesn't let those he is interviewing answer his questions. His questions are often pathetic, too.The last time I got a chill running down my leg listening to Chris Matthews I spilled the ice out of my soft drink onto it.Well, he doesn't really let anyone speak.  I am amazed  that people keep coming back on the show.  David Corn was on Rachel's show the other night, and it was so nice to hear him get a few sentences out.  OTOH, Tweety and Cruz could be interesting.  Cruz will not like being cut off and gawd knows what he will say to try to get control of the interview.  BTW, I just read Cruz raised $10 million the last quarter, with another $27 million from his PAC.  
I love the poorly educated!!!

I never repeat myself. I never repeat myself. Trump 2/25/16

Dolly

Re: Ted Cruz, Texas Tea Turd

Post by Dolly » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:28 pm

Senate Republicans take revenge against Ted Cruz by refusing to back amendments

Think of it as the Empire strikes back. Two days after Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas took to the floor of the Senate and called Senator Majority Leader Mitch McConnell a liar, Republican senators, apparently on the behest of the Republican leader, refused to second a motion to back a Cruz amendment to the highway bill to make the lifting of sanctions against Iran contingent on that country recognizing Israel’s right to exist and freeing four American hostages. As the Washington Examiner reported on Sunday, the lesson was struck home by Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah when he delivered a soliloquy about decorum in the Senate, obviously directed against Cruz.

Senate Republicans also refused to second an amendment by Sen. Mike Lee, R-Utah to defund Planned Parenthood. The lesson was clear. Play nice or else receive the smack down.

The Senate Republican leadership is playing with fire if the Red State post expressing outrage over the move to reauthorize the Export-Import Bank is any indication. Senate Republicans rejected two measures near and dear to the hearts of the conservative base just to exact revenge on a rebellious senator. The control of the Senate is in the balance in the next election with Republicans having to defend more seats than Democrats. Republicans can ill afford to offend the base and risk many of them staying home, throwing control of the upper body to Democrats.

Roll Call added that Cruz seems to be unintimidated. While agreeing that decorum in the Senate is important, part of it is being truthful to one’s fellow senators. The Republican leadership, whether they know it or not, have set up a narrative of a conservative rebel fighting against Washington mendacity. It would be embarrassing to McConnell and company were they to find themselves dealing with President Cruz, who knows he rode to the White House based on opposing them. In the meantime, conservative talk radio is likely to be on fire for the foreseeable future.
http://www.examiner.com/article/senate- ... b_articles

NOTE: embedded links at the source don't appear here when I copy/paste
Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:49 am

I'm not convinced that Cruz is smart enough to get the hint, he has never evidenced much in that department before, and I fear this was much too subtle for him..
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:36 am

Notorial Dissent wrote:I'm not convinced that Cruz is smart enough to get the hint, he has never evidenced much in that department before, and I fear this was much too subtle for him..
Cruz is the uber media whore. He's always been a media whore, but now that he's officially running for President, he's ratcheted it up to the max. He loves not getting his way - he must, because it happens so often - because that allows him to vent and that fires up his base. He's the worst kind of politician - the kind where the only wins he wants are the ones where the other guy loses. Compromise is NOT in his vocabulary. To compromise is to lose, to lose to the enemy. What a terrible, terrible President he would make.

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:13 pm

Even though it is probably true in the case I don't take any story in the Examiner seriously.
"“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention.”

Heather Heyer, November 2016

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:51 pm

Reality Check wrote:Even though it is probably true in the case I don't take any story in the Examiner seriously.
Hokay, more better links?

see thread: Ted Cruz 2016 http://www.thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopi ... 25#p669149
Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:14 pm
Mitch McConnell's Move Leaves Ted Cruz Out In The Hallway
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ted ... 4ba5a461c0

Senate smackdown: Ted Cruz, Mike Lee efforts squelched by leaders
The rift between Mitch McConnell and Ted Cruz widens.

Ted Cruz just wanted a roll-call vote on Sunday. Instead, he got a smackdown.
Republican leaders, led by Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), delivered what senators described as punishment for Cruz’s brazen floor tactics — the Texas senator first accused McConnell of lying and later sought to change Senate procedures in order to push for an Iran-related amendment.

So when Cruz came to the floor looking for at least 11 senators to agree to hold a roll-call vote, only three raised their hands. McConnell, sitting at his desk, turned around and peered at Cruz, who looked stunned at what had just happened. The Senate dispensed with his effort by a voice vote and quickly moved on, doing the same to Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah), a Cruz ally who sought to use arcane procedures to force a vote on defunding Planned Parenthood.
It all went down in an instant, but the message was clear: If Cruz doesn’t want to play nice with his Republican colleagues, they will respond in kind.
<BIG SNIP>
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/07/s ... 20637.html

Ted Cruz and Mike Lee go nuclear: The right’s new Obamacare repeal hardball
http://www.salon.com/2015/07/27/ted_cru ... _hardball/
Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:57 pm

Better| The infighting among the Republicans is delicious.
"“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention.”

Heather Heyer, November 2016

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:39 pm

The way the Republican candidates keep lowering the bar on crazy, pretty soon they'll be running for President on the other side of the earth.

Ted Cruz makin' bacon. With a machine gun:

Fortinbras

Post by Fortinbras » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:45 am

Actually, the Canadian is not firing a machine-gun, but a semi-automatic.

shrek

Post by shrek » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:36 am

Phew! That's alright then. I thought for a minute he was some kind of pandering fucktard.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:55 am

I prefer bacon-wrapped scallops to bacon-wrapped rifles, but that may just be me.
My god, it's full of stars turtles all the way down!

SuzieC

Post by SuzieC » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:47 am

Did Cruz eat bacon off that semi-automatic? So fellating a large gun is the new normal for extreme wingnuts.

TheEuropean

Post by TheEuropean » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:17 pm

No rifleman would waste ammo like that ....

SueDB

Post by SueDB » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:26 pm

If he had any balls, he would have wrapped his bacon around a real man's weapon. The M2HB .50 Cal Machine Gun.

Cruz is a pussy.
“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

kate520

Post by kate520 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:43 pm

OMG! :swoon:

I've never seen ANYONE look so...Presidential before!! Wow! I'm sold, Mr. Cruz!!

Oh, wait... :sick:
Patriotism is the last refuge of a Scoundrel.
Samuel Johnson
April 7, 1775

Sequoia32

Post by Sequoia32 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:44 pm

Republican wastage: "80 bucks worth of ammo to cook 35 cents worth of bacon." - Xeni Jardin of Boingboing.net
So far every case of Ebola in this country got it by helping people. So relax, Republicans, you're in the clear. - Tina Dupuy

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:07 pm

Sequoia32 wrote:Republican wastage: "80 bucks worth of ammo to cook 35 cents worth of bacon." - Xeni Jardin of Boingboing.net
Coolness factor = priceless. :roll:

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:17 pm

Bet Mark Kessler's watched it over and over!
From Michael Moore: RESISTANCE CALENDAR! A one-stop site for all anti-Trump actions EVERY DAY nationwide: http://resistancecalendar.org

SueDB

Post by SueDB » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:18 pm

Orlylicious wrote:Bet Mark Kessler's watched it over and over!
Betch'a he's pissed cause he didn't think of it. ;)
“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

Family Liberty Patriot

Post by Family Liberty Patriot » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:21 pm

Implying the Chef needs a reason to be pissed.
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

John Kenneth Galbraith (1908 - 2006)

Return to “Congress”