Ted Cruz, Texas Tea Turd

Foggy

Ted Cruz, Texas Tea Turd

Post by Foggy » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:05 am

He won the nomination for the Republican Party to run for the U.S. Senate seat being vacated by Kay Bailey Hutchinson.

He's facing state representative Paul Sadler, and is pretty much a lock to be elected.

Like President Obama, he graduated magna cum laude from Harvard Law School. He's an enormously smart and talented guy. Wrote a lot of Supreme Court briefs, very successful.

Unlike President Obama, he was born in another country (Canada). His father was Cuban-American. His mother was American.

[link]Five Things Everyone Should Know About Ted Cruz,http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/0 ... -ted-cruz/[/link]:

1) Ted Cruz Believes George Soros Leads A United Nations Conspiracy To Eliminate Golf:

In 1992, President George H.W. Bush joined the leaders of 177 other nations in endorsing a non-binding UN document known as Agenda 21. This twenty year-old document largely speaks at a very high level of generality about reducing poverty and building sustainable living environments. Nevertheless, Cruz published an article on his campaign website claiming that this non-binding document is actually a nefarious plot to “abolish ‘unsustainable’ environments, including golf courses, grazing pastures, and paved roads.” To top it off, Cruz lays the blame for this global anti-golf conspiracy at the feet of a well-known Tea Party boogieman — “The originator of this grand scheme is George Soros.”

2) Ted Cruz Wants To Gut Social Security:

In an interview with the Texas Tribune Cruz labeled Social Security a “ponzi scheme” and outlined a three-step plan to gut this essential program. Cruz would raise the Social Security retirement age, cut future benefits, and implement a George W. Bush-style plan to privatize much of the program. In other words, in addition to forcing them to work longer for fewer benefits, Cruz would place retirees at the mercy of a fickle stock market. Had Social Security been privatized during the career of a worker who retired near the end of the Bush Administration, that worker would have retired with less money in their privatized account than they would have if they’d simply kept their money between their mattress and box spring.

3) Ted Cruz Wants To Party Like It’s 1829:

The Constitution provides that Acts of Congress “shall be the supreme law of the land,” and thus cannot be nullified by rogue state lawmakers. Cruz, however, co-authored an unconstitutional proposal claiming two or more states could simply ignore the Constitution’s command and nullify the Affordable Care Act so long as they work together. Although the Constitution does permit states to join in “interstate compacts” that have the force of law, under the Constitution such compacts require the consent of Congress and can be vetoed by the President. Cruz falsely claimed that states do not need to meet these Constitutional requirements to undermine laws they don’t like.

4) Ted Cruz Is An Islamophobe: At a campaign event earlier this month, Cruz touted another of the Tea Party’s favorite conspiracy theories, claiming that “Sharia law is an enormous problem” in this country. Although it is common for far right politicians to claim that American law is somehow being replaced with Islamic law, these claims have absolutely no basis in reality. Few American courts have ever even mentioned Sharia or Islamic law, and those that have generally only do so in contracts or similar cases where a party before the court agreed to be bound by Sharia law.You know where to read #5 without me violating my own four-paragraph rule.

He's flirty with the birthers, too. Apparently spoke at Andrea Shea King's recent [link]Campaign to Beat Obama,http://www.thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopi ... 57#p395957[/link] telethon, along with Sheriff Joe and Floyd Brown. [link]Mark Levin,[/link] pimped him on his radio show.

Prob'ly not a birther, but going to encourage birthers to vote for him, and we'll have to see. Emer Vattel haz a frown thrown down. :thumbsdown:
They say that on his deathbed, Voltaire, asked to renounce the devil, said, "This is no time to be making new enemies."

Somerset

Ted Cruz, Texas Tea Turd

Post by Somerset » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:37 am

Sick guy.It's funny (in a not very amusing way) that Islamophobic folks like this actually want a society that is very close to what the Islamic theocracies are like today.

Shagnastie

Ted Cruz, Texas Tea Turd

Post by Shagnastie » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:49 am

I believe the Teatards and other reactionaries in Texas are seriously overplaying their hand and that the people who have been standing off and letting that happen are going to start reacting. Maybe not tomorrow, but the tipping point is coming. Other states, as well ...

Wintermute

Ted Cruz, Texas Tea Turd

Post by Wintermute » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:52 am

That Dewhurst vs Cruz cage match was nasty :turd: :turd: slinging bout. Lots of poo still to be slung for the general.
???????????????

GreatGrey

Ted Cruz, Texas Tea Turd

Post by GreatGrey » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:59 pm

Hes Canadian ya know.
I am not "someone upthread".
Trump needs to be smashed into some kind of inedible orange pâté.

mimi

Ted Cruz, Texas Tea Turd

Post by mimi » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:17 pm

He was born in Canada to American mother and Cuban-American father.let the birfing begin.

MsDaisy

Ted Cruz, Texas Tea Turd

Post by MsDaisy » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:33 am

:shock: The dude looks just like a young Bill Murray
Ted Cruz.jpg
Bill Murray.jpg
Birfers are toast

borealis

Ted Cruz, Texas Tea Turd

Post by borealis » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:18 pm

Hope the Dems loudly question his American loyalty. We can't have seditious Canucks in Congress. He may have a Canadian agenda in mind. :D

Plutodog

Ted Cruz, Texas Tea Turd

Post by Plutodog » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:34 am

Hope the Dems loudly question his American loyalty. We can't have seditious Canucks in Congress. He may have a Canadian agenda in mind. :D Born in a Soshulist hospital? :o
The only good Bundy is an Al Bundy.

TexasFilly

Ted Cruz, Texas Tea Turd

Post by TexasFilly » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:31 am

Frank Bruni has a piece up at the NYT about Ted Cruz. I think he's a very dangerous man. Many have likened him to Joe McCarthy.The G.O.P.’s Nasty Newcomer By FRANK BRUNIPublished: February 15, 2013WHEN a Vesuvius like John McCain tells you that you belch too much smoke and spew too much fire, you know you’ve got a problem.He has an impressive academic résumé: an undergraduate degree from Princeton, followed by law school at Harvard. I’ve talked with his fellow students at Harvard and with his former colleagues from George W. Bush’s 2000 presidential campaign. All of them mention how fiercely smart he is.But the flattery stops there. They remember him as arrogant, sour and self-serving, traits that apply to his brief time in the Senate so far. In questioning Hagel during the nominee’s confirmation hearing, he took a surprisingly, audaciously contemptuous tone.Separately, in front of an audience of conservatives, he smirked dismissively as he griped that Hagel and John Kerry were “less than ardent fans of the U.S. military.” Those two men fought in Vietnam, and earned Purple Hearts; Cruz never served in the institution he purports to regard so much more highly than they do.[/break1]nytimes.com/2013/02/17/opinion/sunday/ted-cruz-the-gops-nasty-newcomer.html?ref=opinion&_r=0]http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/17/opini ... inion&_r=0I recommend reading the whole piece. He's dangerous because he's educated. He was successfully argued cases in front of SCOTUS. We can only hope that his awful and arrogant personality result in a downfall that is more rapid than Joe McCarthy's.
I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett

A Legal Lohengrin

Ted Cruz, Texas Tea Turd

Post by A Legal Lohengrin » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:20 am

I recommend reading the whole piece. He's dangerous because he's educated. He was successfully argued cases in front of SCOTUS. We can only hope that his awful and arrogant personality result in a downfall that is more rapid than Joe McCarthy's.Joe McCarthy's liver did the patriotic thing and finished him off. Since Cruz is not, so far as I know, a drinker, I will have to hope he chokes on his own bile.

SueDB

Ted Cruz, Texas Tea Turd

Post by SueDB » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:46 am

From Texas Women's CoalitionThe NBC affiliate just posted a phone number 1-817-200-7797. This was for people to send them a message as to whether Ted Cruz is doing a good job. Type 1 = no, or type 2=yes. I don't think you can send more than one message.I guess this should go here. Give'em a call if you got free long distance.
“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

mimi

Ted Cruz, Texas Tea Turd

Post by mimi » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:09 pm

Fox's Carl Cameron is Cruz Birfing.

Opinion: Sen. Cruz might face birther problem, isn’t that ironic?

by Julio Ricardo Varela

5:00 am on 03/15/2013

by Julio Ricardo Varela

5:00 am on 03/15/2013

I don’t even know how to react to the “renewed buzz” that Texas Republican Senator Ted Cruz was born in Canada, but I will try my best, because as natural-born American citizen from Puerto Rico, I demand answers.

This all started when FOX’s Carl Cameron said on March 8 that Cruz would not be eligible to run for President in 2016 because he was born in Canada. Here is what Cameron said:

“And Rubio’s not the GOP’s only Latino up-and-comer. Texas freshman Ted Cruz’s feisty Senate debut had some Tea Partiers noting that in 2016, he’d have as much Senate experience as President Obama did when he first ran. But Cruz was born in Canada and is constitutionally ineligible.”My first reaction was that I should make a call to Maricopa Country Sheriff Joe Arpaio to see if he can send his Cold Case Posse to Calgary to expose such un-American developments.more, including a link to where the breitbots have slapped down one of the birfers' definitions:

[/break1]com/2013/03/15/opinion-sen-cruz-might-face-birther-problem-isnt-that-ironic/]http://nbclatino.com/2013/03/15/opinion ... at-ironic/

kate520

Ted Cruz, Texas Tea Turd

Post by kate520 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:23 pm

Dog help us if Cruz is President. What an arrogant little prick.
DEFEND DEMOCRACY

SueDB

Ted Cruz, Texas Tea Turd

Post by SueDB » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:36 pm

He has to be selected and elected first. At present, no chance in Hell.

TexasFilly

Ted Cruz, Texas Tea Turd

Post by TexasFilly » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:00 pm

He had a nice little exchange with DiFi the other day, and she slammed him in response. I'm guessing it's the first of many smackdowns for Cruz.
I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett

Lili Von Shtupp

Ted Cruz, Texas Tea Turd

Post by Lili Von Shtupp » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:10 pm

What's the difference between a Canadian and and a canoe? Canoe's tip. I know dumb joke Canadian definition of lingerie... Let's stop and have some tea while we linger eh,!

GreatGrey

Ted Cruz, Texas Tea Turd

Post by GreatGrey » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:42 pm

He had a nice little exchange with DiFi the other day, and she slammed him in response. I'm guessing it's the first of many smackdowns for Cruz.She apologized for jumping on his shit.

Shortly after the hearing’s conclusion, Sen. Feinstein apologized to the Texas junior senator. “You sort of got my dander up,” she said.[/break1]msnbc.com/2013/03/14/feinstein-on-assault-weapons-ive-looked-at-bodies-that-have-been-shot-with-these-weapons/]http://tv.msnbc.com/2013/03/14/feinstei ... e-weapons/

That was a mistake IMHO. RWNJs take any apology as a sign of weakness.
I am not "someone upthread".
Trump needs to be smashed into some kind of inedible orange pâté.

Joseph Robidoux III

Ted Cruz, Texas Tea Turd

Post by Joseph Robidoux III » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:47 pm

Senators Boxer and McCaskill got it right.Sen. Barbara Boxer, too, was reminded of McCarthy, recalling those dark days when a senator would say “‘I have here in my pocket a speech you made on such-and-such a date,’ and of course there was nothing in the pocket.” Sen. Claire McCaskill said the “innuendo and inference” reminded her of McCarthy.[/break1]dallasnews.com/opinion/sunday-commentary/20130308-michael-moynihan-joe-mccarthy-vs.-ted-cruz--a-deeper-look.ece]http://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/sunda ... r-look.eceRepublicans may scream foul but Cruz has earned the McCarthy comparisons.

mimi

Ted Cruz, Texas Tea Turd

Post by mimi » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:24 pm

Politico reporter is birfing. For realz.Byron Tau@ByronTauNot sure why HuffPo Hill is calling Canadian-born Ted Cruz a "presidential aspirant." He's ineligible baring a constitutional amendment...click to see the replies (surprisingly few).[/break1]com/ByronTau/status/313773900578308096]

Foggy

Ted Cruz, Texas Tea Turd

Post by Foggy » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:27 pm

I bared a constitutional amendment once ... :-
They say that on his deathbed, Voltaire, asked to renounce the devil, said, "This is no time to be making new enemies."

ProudObot

Ted Cruz, Texas Tea Turd

Post by ProudObot » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:20 am

I bared a constitutional amendment once ... :-Is that like Michelle baring arms? =)) =))

SueDB

Ted Cruz, Texas Tea Turd

Post by SueDB » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:22 pm

I bared a constitutional amendment once ... :-Is that like Michelle baring arms? =)) =))As someone else noted, It's one L but 2 crazy eyes... ?( ?( ?( \ :D / \ :D /

mimi

Ted Cruz, Texas Tea Turd

Post by mimi » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:39 am

Cruz was asking about the Cruz-birfing. I didn't watch it, but it's a short post.

Ted Cruz Responds To Birther Concerns Floated By Sean Hannity (VIDEO)

The Huffington Post | By Nick Abrams Posted: 03/19/2013 6:04 pm EDT

"Are you eligible to run for president? You were born in Canada," Hannity asked.

Cruz attempted to downplay the question and turned to his work "defending the Constitution" in the Senate.

But Hannity went on to note that while while Cruz was born in Canada to a Cuban father, Cruz's mother was a U.S. citizen, which led Cruz to agree that he was, in fact, a U.S. "citizen by birth."

Cruz was born in Calgary, Canada. His camp has responded to prior questions about his birthplace and presidential eligibility by stating that his mother's citizenship makes him a "U.S. citizen by birth."more:

[/break1]huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/19/ted-cruz-birther_n_2909774.html?utm_hp_ref=tw]http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/1 ... _hp_ref=tw

kate520

Ted Cruz, Texas Tea Turd

Post by kate520 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:22 am

I think Cruz looks a lot like McCarthy. I think he might be a sociopath,too.His eyes scare me. :-?
DEFEND DEMOCRACY

Return to “Congress”