Republicans Behaving Badly

Jim

Re: Republicans Behaving Badly

Post by Jim » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:21 pm

TexasFilly wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:13 pm
Jordan is such a knucklehead. He's a big brave guy when he has the microphone that no one is willing to shut off. I agree with FP, he will now play the victim.
He might try, but when the victims start standing up, pointing at him, and telling their stories, Jordan may find out that America's tired of the pubs blaming the victim and the victims may just turn it around like the Florida kids. We're learning to fight back against that nonsense.

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:27 pm

I hope so. Jordan has been one of the standard bearers for the disinformation campaign against the Mueller investigation. He's probably one of the biggest and most effective of the assholes in Congress that are playing that game. It would be very helpful if his political career would come to an end.

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Jim

Post by Jim » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:02 pm

I honestly have to wonder how many on the right will rush to defend a "Gay enabler" who allowed young men to be molested. If the Dr was a female, sorry for the mistake.

fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III

Post by fierceredpanda » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:29 pm

Jim wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:02 pm
I honestly have to wonder how many on the right will rush to defend a "Gay enabler" who allowed young men to be molested. If the Dr was a female, sorry for the mistake.
Why wonder? We have plenty of evidence that no one cares about that.

Mark Foley. Ted Haggard. Larry Craig. Hell, Trump every once in a while riles up a crowd by ranting about how Joe Paterno was treated so unfairly. The fault for rape in the right-wing mind always lies with the victim, especially when the victim is a male, who clearly wasn't man enough to prevent being assaulted. I wish I were joking.

"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:30 pm

Jim wrote:
The name suggests that it was a male. It sounds like many of them are outright calling Jordan a liar. I am hesitant to hold out hope that this will do him in. It's almost too good to be true. I don't mean what happened is too good to be true (it's horrible) - what I mean is Jordan getting what he deserves seems almost too good to be true.

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Grumpy Old Guy

Post by Grumpy Old Guy » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:22 pm

Jim wrote:
No need to wait. Bob put this in the Orly's Latest Poopies thread:
bob wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:52 pm
Figures. Perkins Coie Law Firm That Paid for Steele Dossier is Behind Fake News Hit Piece on Jim Jordan. Note from Orly: the same Perkins Coie was involved in the cover up of Obama’s bogus IDs
:twisted: http://www.orlytaitzesq.com/figures-per ... bogus-ids/ :twisted:

sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:05 pm

This Jim Jordon story needs to dominate the news

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:27 am

Speaker’s office weighs in: “These are serious allegations and issues. The university has rightfully initiated a full investigation into the matter. The speaker will await the findings of that inquiry.” -Doug Andres, spokesman for @SpeakerRyan

fierceredpanda

Post by fierceredpanda » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:40 am

Ryanspeak translation: "Look, it wouldn't surprise me if that asshole did this, and I'm happy to do everything I can to sabotage his efforts to either become Speaker himself or play kingmaker, but I also don't want to rock the boat, so I'll just wait for the investigation to be concluded. By which time, as it happens, I will be happily retired and giving no fucks."

"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:47 am

fierceredpanda wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:40 am
Ryanspeak translation: "Look, it wouldn't surprise me if that asshole did this, and I'm happy to do everything I can to sabotage his efforts to either become Speaker himself or play kingmaker, but I also don't want to rock the boat, so I'll just wait for the investigation to be concluded. By which time, as it happens, I will be happily retired and giving no fucks."
:yeah:

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:14 am

I didn't know anything about Jim Jordan until I saw a couple minutes of his sad attempt to grill Rosenstein. Then my first thought was, "He looks like a wrassler who's landed on his head a dozen too many times."

Then I looked him up in Wikipedia and found out he'd been a wrassler.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:48 am

pipistrelle wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:14 am
I didn't know anything about Jim Jordan until I saw a couple minutes of his sad attempt to grill Rosenstein. Then my first thought was, "He looks like a wrassler who's landed on his head a dozen too many times."

Then I looked him up in Wikipedia and found out he'd been a wrassler.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I loved Rosentein's response to him. I doubt it's fairly uncommon for anyone to get folks in the room to laugh like that.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:30 am

Julia Davis

@JuliaDavisNews
Following Following @JuliaDavisNews
More
#Russia's state TV:
Chairman of Foreign Affairs Comm Konstantin Kosachev, who is under U.S. sanctions, says that the mere fact of GOP lawmakers traveling to Russia is a concession, since the US previously pledged to isolate Russia for Crimea, etc., but they changed that position.

8:21 AM - 4 Jul 2018
American legislators betraying America on the 4th of July! :( :madguy:

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:04 am

fierceredpanda wrote:
A response to your translation also in Ryan speak: Yeah, he knew about it, but who cares? That was 20 or more years ago and I really don't care, do u?

"The people must know before they can act, and there is no educator to compare with the press." - Ida B. Wells-Barnett, journalist, newspaper editor, suffragist, feminist and founder with others of NAACP.

fierceredpanda

Post by fierceredpanda » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:43 am

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:04 am
fierceredpanda wrote:
A response to your translation also in Ryan speak: Yeah, he knew about it, but who cares? That was 20 or more years ago and I really don't care, do u?
Ask one of Ryan's predecessors (Denny Hastert) how well the whole "it was so long ago" defense works out. In this case, Jordan would be an accessory after the fact, as opposed to the principal actor in the crime, but still.

Tiredretiredlawyer

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:57 am

fierceredpanda wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:43 am
Tiredretiredlawyer wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:04 am
fierceredpanda wrote:
Ask one of Ryan's predecessors (Denny Hastert) how well the whole "it was so long ago" defense works out. In this case, Jordan would be an accessory after the fact, as opposed to the principal actor in the crime, but still.
I agree. I think Jordan had knowledge and did nothing.

"The people must know before they can act, and there is no educator to compare with the press." - Ida B. Wells-Barnett, journalist, newspaper editor, suffragist, feminist and founder with others of NAACP.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:00 pm

Arizona lawmaker brags to cop about speeding
John Wright July 11, 2018 15 Comments
UPDATE: Mosley apologized on his Facebook page to his constituents, saying:

”I would like to apologize to my colleagues and constituents, as well as law enforcement, for my conduct on March 27th, 2018, which is shown in the recently-released video. My desire to get home to see my family does not justify how fast I was speeding nor my reference to legislative immunity when being pulled over. Legislative immunity is a serious responsibility and should not be taken lightly or abused. In addition, my jokes about frequently driving over 100 miles per hour during my 3-hour commute to and from the capitol were entirely inappropriate and showed extremely bad judgement on my part, for which I am truly sorry. I have no excuse for any of this, only regret of my actions, a hope for forgiveness and a commitment that it will not happen again.”
UPDATED to add Sheriff’s Department input on the correctness of adhering to legislative immunity in state law, comments by Cochise County Attorney Brian McIntyre and a statement from the Fraternal Order of Police.

An elected state House representative for Arizona’s 5th District, Paul Mosley, bragged to a sheriff’s deputy that he drives at speeds of up to 140 miles per hour, claiming legislative immunity.

The interaction took place at around 4:30 p.m. on March 27th, 2018, according to public records, when Mosley (R-Lake Havasu City) was pulled over by a La Paz County Sheriff’s Deputy just north of Parker, AZ allegedly doing 97 mph.

According to the deputy’s report, Mosley was swerving in and out of traffic passing vehicles on State Route 95 north of Resort Drive. Radar indicated that the vehicle’s speed was 97 mph in a 55 mph zone.

When he pulled Mosley over, the deputy said that he saw Mosley waving something out the driver’s side window. When the deputy got out of his patrol vehicle and made contact with Mosley on the passenger side, he said it turned out that Mosley had been showing him a placard which indicated that he was an elected state representative, and reportedly told the deputy that he shouldn’t waste his time processing a citation because he has legislative immunity.

http://www.parkerliveonline.com/2018/07 ... -speeding/

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:24 pm

Off Topic
I once behaved very badly, like the Congressman.

I was defending a courtmartial at Edwards Air Force base. My co-counsel (called "Detailed Defense Counsel" at the time, maybe it still is) was also the base prosecutor for traffic offenses. To get from Rosamond, the closest city in Kern County, it was 15 miles east on California 14. The road to the base was almost straight as a ruler and empty most of the day. I had a new 1972 BMW 3.0CS and decided to see how fast I could go, thinking I had a sort of diplomatic immunity. I got it up to 132 MPH indicated (probably a real 125 MPH) for 5 miles. They went by pretty quickly. I didn't get caught by the MPs but I bragged about it to my co-counsel. He didn't arrest me.

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:51 pm

Off Topic
Not sure it’s the same with your car, but in the motorcycle lines some models from the early- to mid- seventies had the best motor performance they would see for many years because despite efficiency advances, these were eaten up by emissions control measures. Their 1975 R90S was the zippiest ride they had built all the way into the early 1990’s.

That musta been a ride worth bragging about.

The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

Danraft

Post by Danraft » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:08 am

RoadScholar wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:51 pm
Off Topic
Not sure it’s the same with your car, but in the motorcycle lines some models from the early- to mid- seventies had the best motor performance they would see for many years because despite efficiency advances, these were eaten up by emissions control measures. Their 1975 R90S was the zippiest ride they had built all the way into the early 1990’s.

That musta been a ride worth bragging about.
Meh, the mind adapts. It's kinda like when I took speed reading, they'd get your starting rate. Teach some technique, double the number of pages for 5 minutes, repeat, and repeat. Then, drop down by half. It felt normal reading 4x faster.
Texas speed limit is still 85 in places, in a quiet sedan, accidentally going 100 is common since we generally add 10 mph on for tax. I was at least at 90 getting passed today.
In Jr high, my best friend was a senator's son and he said many times the license plate meant his father drove however fast he wanted..
Heck, I'm going 82 now.
But then you get into some little 40 mph town and it feels like you're crawling.

The Mercury Project

Tiredretiredlawyer

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:31 pm

https://www.politico.com/amp/story/2018 ... tos-754563?
Illinois lawmaker accused of releasing nude photos of ex-girlfriend to resign

Illinois state Rep. Nick Sauer was expected to resign Wednesday after a former girlfriend filed an official complaint accusing the first-term Republican of creating a fake Instagram account and populating it with nude photos of her to lure men into “graphic” discussions.

"The allegations that have come forth against Representative Nick Sauer are troubling. He will be resigning from office today. We should allow the proper authorities to conduct their investigations," said state House Republican Leader Jim Durkin in a statement.

POLITICO first reported Wednesday that, according to a complaint filed by ex-girlfriend Kate Kelly with the Office of the Legislative Inspector General, Sauer used the Instagram account “to catfish other men using my privately shared naked photos. Nick would use this account to direct message men with my photos to engage in graphic conversations of a sexual nature. The men believed they were communicating with me and Nick shared private details of my life.”

In her complaint, Kelly states that she filed a police report with the Chicago Police Department and that there is “an active investigation” into her claims. CPD has not yet complied with POLITICO’s Freedom of Information Act request for the police report.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:47 pm

Steve King

Verified account

@SteveKingIA
Follow Follow @SteveKingIA
More
We can’t put everyone on this chart to work but with incentives we can put thousands of every category to work. (2of2)
Really? Every category? Children? The disabled? The very elderly? The institutionalized? He did not think that thru very well.

Incentives? Like government subsidies paid by taxpayers? ;)

Oh, by the by, employers need qualified workers. You can't just hire unemployed sales people to be, say, dental assistants.

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:09 pm

Well, we hired a con man to be president.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:34 pm

David Fry is a dental assistant. :o

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:29 am

Peter Alexander

Verified account

@PeterAlexander
Follow Follow @PeterAlexander
More
JUST IN: Rep. Chris Collins (R-NY), Trump’s earliest congressional backer, arrested by the FBI on securities fraud-related charges, via @jonathan4ny

8:19 AM - 8 Aug 2018

Return to “Congress”