Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Weird Houses, etc.

Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Weird Houses, etc.

Post by Shizzle Popped »

I keep coming across a number of very strange house listings and thought I might share one from time to time. I also might drop some construction fails every once in a while. This first one has me feeling like I'm being watched and wondering where the dead bodies are buried. Seriously, if a realtor tried to show me this house I think I'd turn around and walk back out. Creepy.
cb68f8cee617ecf4b3a89aaecb779ce8-uncropped_scaled_within_1536_1152.webp
cb68f8cee617ecf4b3a89aaecb779ce8-uncropped_scaled_within_1536_1152.webp (375.14 KiB) Viewed 499 times
Moar madness at the link:

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/21-L ... 6909_zpid/?

(Feel free to share anything you might come across!)
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Weird Houses, etc.

Post by AndyinPA »

I'd walk out too. Those dolls are all possessed. :eek:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Weird Houses, etc.

Post by bill_g »

uhhh ... not quite my house. I only have a dozen or so dolls on a shelf.

And then several shelves of Fenton glass.
And then her bears (porcelain, stuffed, hand painted)
And her Hummel

I could go on.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Weird Houses, etc.

Post by AndyinPA »

bill_g wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:07 pm uhhh ... not quite my house. I only have a dozen or so dolls on a shelf.

And then several shelves of Fenton glass.
And then her bears (porcelain, stuffed, hand painted)
And her Hummel

I could go on.
I feel your pain.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
bill_g

Weird Houses, etc.

Post by bill_g »

AndyinPA wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:19 pm
I feel your pain.
I know you do. When I had people over for the unSuperBowl, they called the house a museum. On the plus side, someone besides immediate family got to view her work, my Mother's work, my sister's work, boy child #2's photography, one of my four brother's work, and some of mine. We are a famdamnly of unknown artists.
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Weird Houses, etc.

Post by Shizzle Popped »

Time Warp
a00c3ae7f9e89f77782ae3ae8d1e7095-uncropped_scaled_within_1536_1152.webp
a00c3ae7f9e89f77782ae3ae8d1e7095-uncropped_scaled_within_1536_1152.webp (204.39 KiB) Viewed 451 times
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1240 ... 7905_zpid/?

Oddly, I don't completely hate this. I wouldn't want to live in it but I don't hate it. That appears to be legitimate, nearly mint, vintage 1970-ish furniture.
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Weird Houses, etc.

Post by northland10 »

I have a realtor friend who sometimes posts odd places on his FB page. I will try to post some here, but I am not responsible for eye injuries.
101010 :towel:
bill_g

Weird Houses, etc.

Post by bill_g »

Finally! A reason to wear sunglasses indoors!
bill_g

Weird Houses, etc.

Post by bill_g »

Not my oval office.
Attachments
My-oval-office-makeover-for-the-trumps-laura-l-sweet-2.jpg
My-oval-office-makeover-for-the-trumps-laura-l-sweet-2.jpg (491.9 KiB) Viewed 439 times
AndyinPA
Verified:

Weird Houses, etc.

Post by AndyinPA »

:rotflmao:
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Weird Houses, etc.

Post by Shizzle Popped »

That chandelier. Once you see it. :lol:
John Adams
roadscholar

Weird Houses, etc.

Post by roadscholar »

^ N.T.S.
► Show Spoiler
8-)
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
derevan

Weird Houses, etc.

Post by derevan »

Not a weird house, but if I can scrap together $40m, I'm going to get this one. A tiki bar and an art museum.

Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Weird Houses, etc.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

You forgot to mention the pub!!!!!

I'm in!! You can't go wrong here! Tiki bar, art museum, and a pub just steps (or an elevator ride) away from each other! You can play life size chess or checkers on the entryway floor too.

So what's the $$$ for the Fogbow to claim this as its very own?
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Weird Houses, etc.

Post by RTH10260 »

The Fogbow Mansion - for members subscribers only ;)
bill_g

Weird Houses, etc.

Post by bill_g »

Nice house. The Tiki bar looks like it gets more use than the pub. And I think their kitchen is larger than my house.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Weird Houses, etc.

Post by AndyinPA »

I know someone who has a kitchen almost that big, with two huge islands. It's very pretty, but actually using it would be exhausting, I would think. The rest of the house isn't nearly that big, though. The kitchen is probably half the first floor.
RTH10260

Weird Houses, etc.

Post by RTH10260 »

AndyinPA wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:48 am I know someone who has a kitchen almost that big, with two huge islands. It's very pretty, but actually using it would be exhausting, I would think. The rest of the house isn't nearly that big, though. The kitchen is probably half the first floor.
IIRC dining facilities was for 14, and then there may be event catering in the annexes. Nor would I expect the lady of the house doing all the cooking.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Weird Houses, etc.

Post by AndyinPA »

I'm not sure that she's doing any cooking.

But when I see myself in a kitchen like that, I think of doing it all alone--as is usual around here. :biggrin:
RTH10260

Weird Houses, etc.

Post by RTH10260 »

Just think of all the space you would have to prepare for Thanksgiving, now that accomodates one yuuuge turkey ;)
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Weird Houses, etc.

Post by northland10 »

IF you like green

If you go through the pictures in the article.. beware of the bedroom picture.
https://www.cbs8.com/article/features/r ... 873dd67b5f

101010 :towel:
Rolodex

Weird Houses, etc.

Post by Rolodex »

Ya know I'm kinda fine with the green. It's the carpet - esp in the bathroom! - that gives me the heebie jeebies.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
bill_g

Weird Houses, etc.

Post by bill_g »

Maybe they were color blind and the whole house was shades of grey.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Weird Houses, etc.

Post by AndyinPA »

Green's my favorite color, but not that shade, and not that much. :eek:
Whatever4

Weird Houses, etc.

Post by Whatever4 »

We once were the first people to tour a house in the precise neighborhood we were looking in. Close to stores, train, good size yard, on paper looked like a dream. The listing came into our gung-ho agent’s office and she had us there within an hour. Was a nightmare.

Note — We don’t do fixer-uppers. W2 doesn’t know how to use a hammer and I won’t let him near any tools with plugs. He’s very clumsy.

The house had been owned by a little old lady who lived in a nursing home, but had been occupied by her grandson. The crack den chic living room had fist holes punched in the walls. The kitchen (including appliances) was painted in black and purple metallic automotive paint. Upstairs was amazing. There was a voodoo bedroom with dead dried animals, mystical motif, drapey nets around the bed, bins and jars of… stuff. Pretty cool, really. One room was literally a shrine to some demonic being. In one room, walls were covered in spray paint graffiti art with “despair” written on the ceiling. (The spare room, I presume. :rotflmao: )The fourth room had a taxidermy lizard affixed to the door. Our real estate agent was pretty spooked by then and looked into that room, said “EEEEEK” and shut the door immediately. Talk about bad vibes from a house.

We went out onto the normal looking porch. She immediately called the listing agent, who hadn't actually seen the house yet, and said it was unsellable, in fact unshowable. That she had perfect buyers with her who couldn’t even look at some rooms it was so bad. We left.

The agents decided that it would be irresponsible to list the house as it was. Definitely needed emptying out and painting, possibly an exorcism. So one month later, we toured the results. Merely cosmetic changes and it was a completely different house. Ozzy and Sharon out, Ozzy and Harriet in. Generated a bidding war and closed for $150K over the original asking price.

We had passed on it as too big for 2 people plus it had a cesspit in the basement that needed to be upgraded to city sewer. But W2 and I still talk about the house, 25 years later. :rotflmao:

The agent was awesome and eventually found the perfect house for us. And 5 years later sold it for us for double what we paid. One of my favorite anecdotes was when she showed us a 1760 house with very low ceilings. By the time I arrived, W2 had hit his head half a dozen times on the beams. No problem, she said. Just get a shorter husband - it had worked for her! :rotflmao:
Optimism is a good characteristic, but if carried to an excess, it becomes foolishness.
—Theodore Roosevelt

Return to “Whatever Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”