Republicans Behaving Badly

bob

Re: Republicans Behaving Badly

Post by bob » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:25 pm

Sam the Centipede wrote:By "anti-fascist protestors", I guess they mean what we usually call "voters".
Yes and no: It is scare-mongering overgeneralization, but antifa (antifascist protesters) have a specific meaning, i.e., the sometimes-violent protestors who stand against the alt-right.

Imagex4 Imagex2 Imagex2 Imagex2

Addie

Post by Addie » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:12 pm

KFOR
Bryce Marlatt named as suspect in lewd acts case involving Uber driver

OKLAHOMA CITY–Oklahoma State Senator, Bryce Marlatt, has been named as a suspect for alleged lewd acts against a female Uber driver.

According to the police report, an officer was approached at the Oncue at NW 23rd and Santa Fe by the Uber driver, who told him that she was unsure what she needed to do, but had been assaulted on Monday, June 26.

She stated that “she drives for Uber and was transporting a customer when he made advances on her during transit.”

The police report states the suspect “was grabbing her forcefully and kissing victim on the neck while she was driving.”

Investigators are still looking into the case and so far, Marlatt has not been arrested.

¡Qué vergüenza!

Flatpointhigh
Occupation: Voice Actor, Podcaster, I hold a Ph.D in Procrastination.

Post by Flatpointhigh » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:20 pm

pipistrelle wrote:
NMgirl wrote:This story is so horrifying, heartbreaking, I hesitated to post it. But bad actors should be called out. I'm calling out Sullivan, another sub-human Republican.

Regulation-hating Arkansas Republican’s day care facility investigated after boy dies inside hot van
http://www.rawstory.com/2017/06/regulat ... SA.twitter
Sullivan asked the Arkansas Early Childhood Commission last year to reduce a requirement that at least half of child care employees at any facility be certified in CPR and first aid.
Why would this matter to him? Why? I've been CPR certified. It's not an onerous requirement, and it makes sense if you work with children to require it. The media needs to challenge the "benefits" of these freakish demands.
The employees would have to have been paid. It was about $$$$$

"It is wrong to say God made rich and poor; He only made male and female, and He gave them the Earth as their inheritance."- Thomas Paine, Forward to Agrarian Justice
Cancer broke me

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:22 pm

Has this been mentioned?

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show ... _fb_maddow
Louisiana’s Clay Higgins, in his capacity as a local sheriff, appeared in a video last year in which he described several wanted members of a street gang as “animals” and “heathens,” adding, “You will be hunted, you will be trapped, and if you raise a weapon to a man like me, we’ll return fire with superior fire.”

After the video surfaced, Higgins resigned – which cleared the way for his election to Congress, where he’s already making quite an impression.

After a terrorist attack in London last month, the freshman Republican congressman wrote that “the free world” and “all of Christendom” is at war with “Islamic horror.”

And over the holiday weekend, Higgins managed to make headlines for himself once again. The Times-Picayune reported:

Just in time for Independence Day, U.S. Rep. Clay Higgins, R-Port Barre, has a video message for America. But instead of visiting constituent cookouts, shooting off fireworks and waving the United States flag, Higgins delivers a stark dispatch from the Nazis’ Auschwitz concentration camp at Oswiecim, Poland.

“A great sense of dread comes over you in this place,” Higgins says, leading the viewer on a five-minute, nine-second tour of the site, with a dirge-like solo violin playing in the background.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:30 pm

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Addie

Post by Addie » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:49 pm

I swear, I'm a better Christian than these loathsome hypocrites, and I'm an atheist. :P

¡Qué vergüenza!

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:54 pm

Addie wrote:I swear, I'm a better Christian than these loathsome hypocrites, and I'm an atheist. :P
:cheer1:

vic

Post by vic » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:59 pm

Addie wrote:I swear, I'm a better Christian than these loathsome hypocrites, and I'm an atheist. :P
:like:

I'm just surprised that they settled and didn't claim they were exempt from the law because of their owner's religious beliefs.

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:38 am

vic wrote:

I'm just surprised that they settled and didn't claim they were exempt from the law because of their owner's religious beliefs.
There's a couple of commandments involved if they use that defense.

"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (R-ME)

Flatpointhigh

Post by Flatpointhigh » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:38 am

Today's winner is: Bryce Marlatt
https://www.buzzfeed.com/briannasacks/a ... .rsoDrW0RJ
Bryce Marlatt, a Republican state senator from Oklahoma, is being accused of forcefully grabbing and kissing a female Uber driver while she was dropping him off at a hotel.

The driver picked up a male rider around 10 p.m. on June 26 to take him to a hotel in Oklahoma City, according to a police report filed two days later. During the ride, the driver said the rider forcefully grabbed her and started kissing her on the neck...

Marlatt, 37, has served in the Oklahoma State Senate since 2008, representing District 27 in the western part of the state. In 2015, he pleaded no contest to a misdemeanor after a sheriff's deputy found him drunk and asleep in his running pickup truck on a country road in Oklahoma's Woodward County.

Local station Fox 25 reported that after waking Marlatt up by rapping on his truck window several times, officers told the lawmaker that he smelled like alcohol. When asked if he'd been drinking, police said Marlatt replied: "No more than anyone else."

"It is wrong to say God made rich and poor; He only made male and female, and He gave them the Earth as their inheritance."- Thomas Paine, Forward to Agrarian Justice
Cancer broke me

neeneko

Post by neeneko » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:49 am

vic wrote:I'm just surprised that they settled and didn't claim they were exempt from the law because of their owner's religious beliefs.
They probably did weigh the argument that the artifacts were their true heritage and in the improper hands of heathens but did not try it.

I have seen it come up before though when talking about removing antiquities from the middle east, that they are the heritage of all (western european) people and should not be hoarded by the land's current (brown) inhabitants.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:03 am

Some people were mentioning that the money was likely going to ISIS.

Flatpointhigh

Post by Flatpointhigh » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:18 am

pipistrelle wrote:Some people were mentioning that the money was likely going to ISIS.
Of course it was. They were the only ones with the manpower and money to organize it. "Subsistence looting" under there control was a non-starter & life ender.

Cancer broke me

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:49 pm

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/34 ... ting-in-ad
Rep. Mo Brooks (R-Ala.) is using audio from the June shooting at a Republican baseball practice that injured House Majority Whip Steve Scalise (R-La.) in a new ad.

The ad opens with the sound of five gunshots along with audio of the response to the shooting at last month's practice for Republican lawmakers before the annual Congressional Baseball Game.

"June 14: A Bernie Sanders supporter fires on Republican congressmen. Mo Brooks gives his belt as a tourniquet to help the wounded," the text on the screen reads.

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:07 pm

That's disgusting.

So is this.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/g ... -with-guns
A Republican House member thinks the GOP women of the Senate are to blame for Congress’ inability to address Obamacare.

Appearing on a Corpus Christi radio station Friday, Rep. Blake Farenthold (R-TX) not only suggested that it was Republican women’s fault that the party is fractured on how to get rid of Obamacare, but also said if it was “a guy from south Texas” at the center of the disagreement, he might ask them to resolve their issues with a gun fight.

Mikedunford

Post by Mikedunford » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:43 pm

I'm losing track. Is Farenthold the one who looks like a recently concussed piglet?

I believe that each era finds a improvement in law each year brings something new for the benefit of mankind.

--Clarence Earl Gideon

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:14 pm

Mikedunford wrote:I'm losing track. Is Farenthold the one who looks like a recently concussed piglet?
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: Clearly the guy. I'd pay to see Susan Collins kick him in the oysters.

"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (R-ME)

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:35 pm

Whatever4 wrote:
Mikedunford wrote:I'm losing track. Is Farenthold the one who looks like a recently concussed piglet?
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: Clearly the guy. I'd pay to see Susan Collins kick him in the oysters.
Yep, that's the one.

:shoot: :shoot: :shoot:

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:37 pm

Considering it is pretty much the GOP attitude to ALWAYS blame someone else that doesn't sound at all surprising, and that he is from TX even less so.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:50 pm

Wearing rubber duckie pajamas.

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:05 am

You are going to have to narrow it down a bit more...

"The devil...the prowde spirite...cannot endure to be mocked.” - Thomas Moore

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:12 pm

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pol ... 994242c883

Ooopsie. Not exactly behaving badly, but look what happened when the mic wasn't turned off.
At the end of a Senate subcommittee hearing on Tuesday morning, Chairman Susan Collins (R-Maine) didn’t switch off her microphone. Apparently speaking to Sen. Jack Reed (R.I.), the ranking Democrat of the committee, Collins discussed the federal budget — and President Trump’s lack of familiarity with the details of governing.

After Reed praises Collins’s handling of the hearing, held by the Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies subcommittee of the Senate Appropriations Committee, she laments the administration’s handling of spending.

“I swear, [the Office of Management and Budget] just went through and whenever there was ‘grant,’ they just X it out,” Collins says. “With no measurement, no thinking about it, no metrics, no nothing. It’s just incredibly irresponsible.”
And more gossip from those two at the link.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:23 am

Sugar Magnolia wrote:
I woke up to this on Facebook.

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, the neighbor's cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:46 am

pipistrelle wrote:
Sugar Magnolia wrote:
I woke up to this on Facebook.
:nooo:
How about a WARNING!!!!!!!!!?????? Eye bleach! Where is the eye bleach???

“I’ve been hooked since my first smell of C-4.” Linda Cox, first female Air Force Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technician, first to lead her own unit, go to war, be awarded a Bronze Star, and hold the highest enlisted rank of chief master sergeant.

Addie

Post by Addie » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:45 am

Miami Herald
Broward GOP uncovers a nasty secret about its young party secretary

The Broward County Republicans are in turmoil today after revelations that a freshly elected member of their executive board is a man who once was charged with attempted murder in the savage claw-hammer beating of a then-classmate at a Los Angeles prep school for multi-millionaires’ children.

Four months after 28-year-old Rupert Tarsey was elected secretary, party officials have found out the young philanthropist and supporter of President Donald Trump is really Rupert Ditsworth.

And a decade ago, the then-Beverly Hills teenager was charged with attempted murder in Los Angeles after hitting Harvard-Westlake School classmate Elizabeth Barcay over the head at least 40 times, splitting her skull open.

Now, local GOP bigs are desperate for Tarsey to resign and worried about the image of the party in the overwhelmingly Democratic turf of former DNC Chair Debbie Wasserman-Schultz.

Thing is, Tarsey says he was elected fair and square and has no plan to resign.

¡Qué vergüenza!

Return to “Congress”