Republicans Behaving Badly

esseff44

Post by esseff44 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:14 pm

Al Gore was the first in the line of succession to the presidency.  Joe Biden is the first in line. John Boehner is second in line.The sitting, still alive presidents are not in line. 

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:14 pm

SInce POTUS is President the "line" starts with the Veep. Hastert was second in that line.

gatsby

Post by gatsby » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:04 pm

Hastert's arraignment is at 2 p.m. Central in Chicago.Only interesting thing is if there'll be heckling as he arrives and leaves federal courthouse.

gatsby

Post by gatsby » Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:26 pm

Hastert pled not guilty and it apparently was done by about 2:10 p.m. Central. No word if the issue of the judge's campaign contributions to Hastert was raised.There also were gaggles of media. But I haven't yet looked for photos or videos.

gatsby

Post by gatsby » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:03 am

Is this Andy Martin the birther?18  Tue 6/9 LETTER from Andy Martin dated June 4, 2015 to Honorable Judge Durkin regarding defendant John Dennis Hastert (Attachment). (yap,)17  Tue 6/9 LETTER from Andy Martin dated June 4, 2015 to Honorable Judge Durkin regarding defendant John Dennis Hastert. (yap,)

esseff44

Post by esseff44 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:41 am

Is this Andy Martin the birther?18  Tue 6/9 LETTER from Andy Martin dated June 4, 2015 to Honorable Judge Durkin regarding defendant John Dennis Hastert (Attachment). (yap,)17  Tue 6/9 LETTER from Andy Martin dated June 4, 2015 to Honorable Judge Durkin regarding defendant John Dennis Hastert. (yap,)​Birther would be a much too limiting term for Andy Martin.  Just take a look:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_MartinBut Illinois is his home turf/

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:17 am

Is this Andy Martin the birther?18  Tue 6/9 LETTER from Andy Martin dated June 4, 2015 to Honorable Judge Durkin regarding defendant John Dennis Hastert (Attachment). (yap,)17  Tue 6/9 LETTER from Andy Martin dated June 4, 2015 to Honorable Judge Durkin regarding defendant John Dennis Hastert. (yap,)​Birther would be a much too limiting term for Andy Martin.  Just take a look:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_MartinBut Illinois is his home turf/Andy has been claiming he moved to New Hampshire.  In this case, I am quite willing to take him at his word.  Don't bother with demanding facts or citations.  My mind's made up.  Andy has left the Illinois building.   
North-land: of the family 10

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

Addie

Post by Addie » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:25 pm

All's classy in the US Senate. 
Democracy is a garden that has to be tended. -Barack Obama

realist

Post by realist » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:20 am

All's classy in the US Senate.  ​I read those stories yesterday.  Too funny.And of course he later "apologized". 
ImageX 4 ImageX36

Sequoia32

Post by Sequoia32 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:11 pm

Shannon Grove thinks God eased Texas' drought when they passed the latest anti-abortion billAccording to an article in RH Reality Check, an online publication that covers reproductive health, Assemblywoman Shannon Grove, R-Bakersfield, told an anti-abortion-rights gathering that after Gov. Rick Perry signed “the fetal pain bill” – an apparent reference to controversial legislation that banned abortions after 20 weeks and put new restrictions on doctors and clinics – “it rained that night.”“Now God has His hold on California,” Grove is quoted as saying.  http://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-gov ... 68907.html
So far every case of Ebola in this country got it by helping people. So relax, Republicans, you're in the clear. - Tina Dupuy

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:15 pm

So what does Ms Grove say about the recent Texas floods?
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:36 pm

So what does Ms Grove say about the recent Texas floods?​The gods being a bit too protective, or just too happy to make up for the earlier good deeds they missed while stalking the nasty Californians?

esseff44

Post by esseff44 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:05 pm

So what does Ms Grove say about the recent Texas floods?​What about the drought in Southeast Brazil which seems to be worse that California?   I know.  It makes no sense.It just shows that modern people are just as superstitious at the primitive people that feel so superior to.

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:23 pm

So what does Ms Grove say about the recent Texas floods?​What about the drought in Southeast Brazil which seems to be worse that California?   I know.  It makes no sense.It just shows that modern people are just as superstitious at the primitive people that feel so superior to.​Or it just shows that some people are complete fuckwits.

bob

Post by bob » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:55 pm

NYT: Attorney General Ken Paxton of Texas May Face Securities-Fraud Indictment:Evidence that Ken Paxton, the attorney general of Texas, committed securities fraud before he became the state’s top lawyer will soon be presented to a grand jury, a special prosecutor said this week.Mr. Paxton, a Republican, was dogged by legal troubles last year on the campaign trail before he won election as attorney general in November. Those legal troubles have intensified in recent days.One of two special prosecutors handling the case said Wednesday that he will present evidence to a grand jury in a few weeks that Mr. Paxton violated state securities law. The special prosecutor, Kent A. Schaffer, declined to discuss the allegations but said they were uncovered in an investigation by the Texas Rangers.[*]*  The law enforcement agency, not the baseball team.
Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

mimi

Post by mimi » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:36 pm

"The Rangers went out to investigate one thing, and they came back with information on something else," [Special prosecutor Kent Schaffer] told News 8. "It's turned into something different than when they started."Schaffer, a Houston criminal defense attorney, said the securities fraud allegations involve amounts well in excess of $100,000. He declined to comment specifics of the fraud allegations.He says they'll bring 8 or 9 witnessess.  That sounds like a lot of witnesses to me, but what do I know?He lawyered up.  He hired a former federal district judge, Joe Kendall.  And, it sounds like Paxton knew what was coming:News 8 also learned Wednesday that Paxton had hired a former federal district judge."I met with General Paxton and he had retained me to look into the matter," said Joe Kendall, who practices in Dallas. "I am honored that he did. He's a good man."Kendall told News 8 that he met with Paxton "very recently" in Dallas and confirmed that he was hired within the past two days."I'm going to be helping look into the matter," Kendall said, declining to comment further.a bunch more:http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/politics ... /29593211/    

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:48 pm

Grand jury proceedings are being discussed publicly by the special prosecutor? Texas must really be different from other states (and the feds). Grand jury secrecy is the norm. Publicity such as this would generally foul the proceedings elsewhere.

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:05 pm

This story has been out for a couple of days.   Kent Schaffer is no slouch (whether or not he has past prosecutorial experience).  OTOH, Collin County is a very, very red place.  Many question whether any grand jury from that community would ever indict a Republican.  
I love the poorly educated!!!

I believe Anita Hill! I believe Dr. Ford!

Janny in Texas

Post by Janny in Texas » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:54 pm

Yup -- we live in Collin County.  Sometimes we wonder if it's even worth it to vote -- knowing that the outcome is pre-ordained.

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:56 pm

I've spent a good deal of time in Allen.  Did they ever fix the football stadium?

L00Kit

Post by L00Kit » Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:35 pm

...OTOH, Collin County is a very, very red place.  Many question whether any grand jury from that community would ever indict a Republican.  Yup -- we live in Collin County.  Sometimes we wonder if it's even worth it to vote -- knowing that the outcome is pre-ordained.    I'll see your Collin County and raise you one Smith County; a rural area so ate-up with HeeHaw Jesus that congressman Goober Gohmert will continue to be reelected even after he's dead.    

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:54 pm

That's Tyler, right?  What about Mt. Pleasant, where Louie growed up?  That makes Tyler look like NYC.  

L00Kit

Post by L00Kit » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:19 pm

That's Tyler, right?  What about Mt. Pleasant, where Louie growed up?  That makes Tyler look like NYC.       Agreed.  Mount Pleasant is certainly far smaller, more rural and even more conservative than Tyler.     

Jez

Post by Jez » Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:51 pm

I am in Collin County as well. Someone once said something about being "the blueberry in tomato soup". I vote, even if I know it's kinda useless around here, because you never know what might happen.
I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet, strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers.

~Khalil Gibran

Sequoia32

Post by Sequoia32 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:57 am

Senate leader says Congress will block some Obama moves on CubaWASHINGTON (Reuters) - The top Senate Republican said on Sunday that Congress is likely to block any nominee that President Barack Obama names as ambassador to Cuba and retain broad economic sanctions, even as Obama moves to establish diplomatic and economic ties with the Communist-run island.Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, interviewed on the "Fox News Sunday" television program, said the Senate is unlikely to confirm any U.S. ambassador to Havana nominated by Obama.McConnell added, "There are sanctions that were imposed by Congress. I think the administration will have a hard time getting those removed. This is a policy that there is substantial opposition to in Congress."Last night on the Evening News there was a segment about a drug for diabetes that Cuba developed and manufactures that is very effective and available to the rest of the world but not the US. My son says he has read of other drugs, like for cancer, that are not available to us because of our stupid embargo.The Republicans don't care how many Americans they kill.
So far every case of Ebola in this country got it by helping people. So relax, Republicans, you're in the clear. - Tina Dupuy

Return to “Congress”