Jim Jordan: Sexual Abuse Cover Up?

MRich

Re: Jim Jordan: Sexual Abuse Cover Up?

Post by MRich » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:10 am

Jim Jordan's nephew Eli Stickley, a wrestler at the University of Wisconsin, was killed in a car accident Thursday night.

https://wgntv.com/2018/07/08/wisconsin- ... cle-crash/

Gregg

Post by Gregg » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:28 am

Thoughts and Prayers.

Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:47 am

MRich wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:10 am
Jim Jordan's nephew Eli Stickley, a wrestler at the University of Wisconsin, was killed in a car accident Thursday night.

Tragic. My heart goes out to the family.

And now the cynic in me says, how long before his death is blamed on the deep state and junior (or 45 himself) tweets the CT?

ImageImageImage x4

Gregg

Post by Gregg » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:31 am

Slim Cognito wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:47 am
MRich wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:10 am

Tragic. My heart goes out to the family.

And now the cynic in me says, how long before his death is blamed on the deep state and junior (or 45 himself) tweets the CT?

What time does Alex Jones come on? If they pick it up, we can have it on Hannity tonight.

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:43 pm

Six former Ohio State coaches defend Jordan

Six former Ohio State University wrestling coaches on Monday issued statements defending Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio), who is being accused of failing to protect his former wrestlers from sexual abuse by a team doctor while working as a coach there.

“What has been said about Jim Jordan is absolutely wrong,” the half-dozen coaches said in a joint statement. “We all worked on the wrestling coaching staff during Jim’s tenure at The Ohio State University. None of us saw or heard of abuse of OSU wrestlers. The well-being of student-athletes was all of our concern. If we had heard of any abuse, we would have spoken up.”

The former coaches who issued the statement are: Russ Hellickson, former head coach; Dave Ruckman, former assistant coach; Rex Holman, former assistant coach; Ken Chertow, former assistant coach; Myron Kharchilava, former assistant coach; and Kenny Ramsey Jr., former assistant coach.

At least seven former wrestlers have come forward and accused Jordan of turning a blind eye toward the inappropriate touching and sexual abuse of student athletes committed by team doctor Richard Strauss, who died in 2005.

Jordan has denied knowing about any abuse of his athletes and said he would have acted had he been told.
That is all there is at the link.

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/39611 ... end-jordan

Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:54 pm

Jordan has denied knowing about any abuse of his athletes and said he would have acted had he been told.
And this is the lie that will destroy him.

Irony can be pretty ironic sometimes.

Danraft

Post by Danraft » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:11 pm

woodworker wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:04 pm
Danraft wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:06 pm
+++ Is there an appropriate topic thread for this? About the time I chime in, Foggy or Kate come along in nun outfits rapping knuckles...😁
(Rest of quote...)
Sekrit Stuffs!

Do we agree what is at stake this midterms? Where we are?
  1. lWe are at a point of minimum power right now with an opposing party allowing their man-child to wreak havoc.
  2. We have lost much of State and regional influence
  3. Gerrymandering has diluted our bite so that we are on average at a 2-4 point disadvantage
  4. The Census and new district happens 2020
  5. The Trump agenda, unchecked will not weaken
  6. Assuming the Meuller investigation is actionable, Without regaining the Senate or closing the gap, nothing happens
  7. SCOTUS? Ginsburg ain't no spring chicken -6 more years?
  8. Without actually grabbing the reins, any agenda is moot
  9. This includes Climate Change, Immigration, Education, Trade, name it
  10. To say "They we're never going to vote for us anyway " is a stinker
  11. Winning IS about the center margins
  12. Nihilistic outlooks don't build anything
  13. The other side isn't wrong on everything There is an immigration problem. There is an entitlement problem. There is a real need for military power in the next decade
  14. Emotional displays and tantrums are just that. For the "feel good" you pay a price
  15. It is almost time for Medicare for all. Why blow it?
We all care. But, much of the nation must step carefully.
and, why don't we have actual solutions? Abolish ICE? Fine. All for it. As part of a comprehensive solution.
We must stop with pointless bickering and prove we can govern.
(I am not not not telling anybody what to believe or do)

I have probably been ninjad already, but I believe that a few of your points require attention (so I will comment on all of them):

A. We are at a point of minimum power right now with an opposing party allowing their man-child to wreak havoc. I agree that Trump is a man-child, but I also believe that his beliefs and behavior are representative of Republicans. The Republicans have been racist, bigoted, misogynistic and heavily tilted towards the wealthy for at least the last 50 years. They just don't try to hide it anymore.

B. We have lost much of State and regional influence. I agree. We have lost that influence because we only came out to fight during national elections, while the Republicans have been fighting as the school board, utility district, etc. level for decades.

C. Gerrymandering has diluted our bite so that we are on average at a 2-4 point disadvantage. I would put it at 6-8 point disadvantage.

D. The Census and new district happens 2020. Agree.

E. The Trump agenda, unchecked will not weaken. I think it will get much worse. Trump wants to be dictator, not president, for life. I honestly expect Trump to form some sort of dedicated (to him personally) type of "police" force, to be deployed at his direction and command, e.g., to ensure the safety of polling places and to ensure the "safety" of the media from irresponsible forces, e.g., MS-13 and other Democrats/liberals.

F. Assuming the Meuller investigation is actionable, Without regaining the Senate or closing the gap, nothing happens. Pretty much agree, although if we take the House and not the Senate, we still have a tremendous ability to influence things using the House's investigatory power and the power of the purse.

G. SCOTUS? Ginsburg ain't no spring chicken -6 more years? I don't believe Trump wins reelection, even with a rigged game. Discussed further below. And Notorious RBG will just the great reaper she ain't going until we get a Democratic president.

H. Without actually grabbing the reins, any agenda is moot. Completely disagree. We don't have any reins now, but having an agenda that is worth fighting for, and fighting for is incredibly important to winning over voters. If we don't have an agenda worth fighting for, and we won't fight for, why should anyone support us.

I. This includes Climate Change, Immigration, Education, Trade, name it. Agree.

J. To say "They we're never going to vote for us anyway " is a stinker. Yes, it is a stinker, but for a significant portion that is the truth and we should accept it. There is a significant percentage, IMHO approximately 38% or so, that we will never be able to persuade, even if Jesus Christ descended down a golden escalator (remind anyone of Trump's declaration of running) and ordered them to vote for us on pain of never getting to heaven. Haters gonna hate.

K. Winning IS about the center margins. And baseball is a game of inches, yada yada yada. IMHO, the first thing we need to do is to excite our base, get them fired up, and then expand the base to include the slightly left of center, and then further expand, etc., etc. If we can't get our base fired up, we won't get anyone fired up. And remember, Trump didn't win the center, he won by firing up his base and a portion of our base, and the center, either not turning out or not being allowed to vote. Swing approximately 100,000 total in a few states and HRC wins the Electoral College and is viewed as a landslide win based on the overall vote count.

L. Nihilistic outlooks don't build anything. I am not sure how I feel about this one.

M. The other side isn't wrong on everything There is an immigration problem. There is an entitlement problem. There is a real need for military power in the next decade. [

highlight=yellow]Yes, but most of those "problems" actually have fairly easy solutions. I am not saying politically easy, although I don't think that there would be as high a political price to pay once they are taken.

First, immigration -- let's provide an honest and open pathway to citizenship/legalization (some people may not want to be citizens) for immigrants who have been here a while (say 10 years), have been consistently employed and have a clean record. Even ignoring the moral issues of our behavior, we need immigrants to help build and maintain our society. America is aging, we need younger people.

Second, entitlements (I hate that term) -- you want to solve any long term social security financing problems -- lift the cap on income subject to SS taxed and bring the undocumented community into full economic integration; medicare and medicaid, expand the ACA, use the economic power of the federal government to negotiate prices, and eventually give people a public option, i.e., Medicare for all.

Third, military power -- we spend more than almost the rest of the world combined but yes, there are potential cost savings. Don't waste money on a space force, adopt policies that encourage countries to not become nuclear and don't practice policies that piss off our allies. Make sure that our economic, diplomatic and military policies abroad are thoroughly considered before we make commitments. Accept all qualified individuals into our armed forces, our State Department, etc. Consider all the costs of new weapons systems and don't just accept them because they embrace the newest technology -- weapons need to be cost effective. And, IMHO most important, the US needs to stand for positive actions and policies, both at home and abroad. I am certain that every red-blooded American would be furious if their child was taken away from them by a foreign force , with a strong possibility to never see them again. And every red-blooded American would expect that child to remember what was done to them by that foreign force and would expect that child, when old enough, to fight to destroy that foreign force. It would be extreme naivete to believe that none of these parents and none of these children, or their relatives or just persons shocked and appalled by this Nazi-like behavior will ever take up violence against the US. We are building and encouraging not only our present enemies, but also our future enemies. As a Jew, I learned the phrase "Never again" as a child (unfortunately, most Jews seem to have forgotten the genesis of that). I fully expect that this behavior, along with others, e.g., Korematsu II, will be seen by the rest of the world as what it is, the darkest expression of hatred, racism, bigotry, etc. that has been seen since WWII. And while the moral parts of the world cringe in embarrassment, dictators, like Duterte, applaud and view it as a license to continue their crimes. [/highlight]

N. Emotional displays and tantrums are just that. For the "feel good" you pay a price. As a said above, if you are unwilling to fight for yourself, don't expect others to support you.

O. It is almost time for Medicare for all. Why blow it? So you are okay with our government committing crimes against humanity because that might prevent us from getting single payor (which, btw, is not a sure thing). I am not a Muslim, so it won't hurt me personally if we ban all Muslims, especially if we get lower personal income taxes for the middle class. Is that a fair trade?

P. We all care. But, much of the nation must step carefully. Absolutely. Otherwise people who would shit on us, lynch us and throw us into the ovens might be offended.

Q. and, why don't we have actual solutions? Abolish ICE? Fine. All for it. As part of a comprehensive solution. Democrats/liberals actually have proposed comprehensive solutions. But it actually takes effort to read them.

R. We must stop with pointless bickering and prove we can govern. I agree that there is some senseless bickering, but I strongly feel that this fight, to the extent we are having one, is legitimate. Let me make very clear that I don't, DO NOT, believe that there is a great deal of Democratic infighting. What I do believe is that there are some people who are looking for excuses for their actions and their beliefs. Hey, whatever gets you through the night.

S. (I am not not not telling anybody what to believe or do). Then, Gunga Din, you are a better person than I am. I am always telling, trying to persuade, people what to believe and how to act. I try to persuade by logic, I try very hard to not be dogmatic, but I try. I don't proselytize for Judaism, but I try like hell to persuade people on political morality. If I say and do nothing, then I am no better than someone who sees a white person bullying a black child and just stands by.

Above I said that I don't believe Trump wins a second term. I base this on my economic predictions.

1. We are running horrendous current deficits. Assuming that the Republicans don't push through another tax reduction on the wealthy and that they don't raise taxes, the deficit is only going to get worse. We are looking at a trillion plus for this year and, assuming no new tax proposals either way, I think we are looking at close to 1.4+ trillion for each of 2019 and 2020. No, tax cuts do not pay for themselves (at least not in the ranges we are talking about).

2. This means that the UST (Treasury) needs to sell an ever-increasing amount of debt to finance those deficits.

3. IIRC, foreign entities, i.e., China, are the buyers for the largest percentage of UST bonds and I suspect that the vast majority of domestic buyers (behind the investment bank purchases) are very wealthy institutions and individuals.

4. As a resulting of the ever-increasing annual deficits and the exponentially increasing aggregate deficit, along with absolutely no sign of financial intelligence or real plans for dealing with the deficits coming from the White House or Congress and a Federal Reserve focused on inflation, I expect buyers of US debt to start demanding a higher rate of return, causing interest rates to start rising, slowly at first, but then more rapidly mid/late 2019.

5. As we all know, wage growth has been largely stagnant for a number of years and, I believe will continue to be stagnant, despite a fairly tight labor market. The factors I believe that will continue to drag wage growth are: (a) continued legislative and judicial suppression of unions; (b) although a tight labor market usually means that persons more easily change jobs, I think there will be legislative and judicial actions that will make leaving an existing job less attractive, e.g., companies adopt policies further restricting the amounts of vacation/sick time you can accumulate and cash out, more comprehensive and much more restrictive non-competition provisions (State of California highly disfavors them under State law, but many states don't which is why you have non-comps for Subway sandwich makers -- they are "culinary artists").

6. Stagnant wage growth, along with increased costs for medical care (Trump wants, and is trying, to destroy the ACA), and for the costs of living (higher interest costs cause businesses to raise prices), means that the vast majority of consumers are not only not purchasing more stuff, but are purchasing less stuff.

7. The US is a consumer centered economy, if consumers are not consuming as much, the economy slows down.

8. Now, typically with a slowing economy, you get reduced sales, reduced profits and reduced taxes paid to the government.

9. With reduced taxes coming to the Treasury, we get increased pressure to sell debt -- we have to pay interest on the existing debt, we need to finance the current trillion plus deficit (and the military), resulting in pressure towards raising interest rates even more.

10. At this point (I see early/mid 2020) Trump has a few options; (a) he can agree to raise taxes -- after all Ronnie Raygun did. Trump is not Reagan and he will not agree to raise taxes, especially if it would cost him money; (b) Trump can cut spending -- the possible sources for cutting on Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, the military and interest on the debt.

While I believe that Trump and the Republicans would love to eliminate/modify Social Security, I doubt that they would have the votes. And I doubt that it would have the economic benefit they would expect. If the US government welshes on the Social Security compact, no one would ever trust its economic promises again, IMHO resulting in higher interest rates anyhow. And they would have to grandfather in people over 50 or 55 and postpone the effective date until after the 2020 elections. I think tinkering with Social Security, unless they got buy in from a majority of Democrats, would be electorally fatal for Trump/Republicans. Trump/Republicans could possibly get the votes to gut Medicare/Medicaid, but I think they would have to postpone the effective date until after the 2020 elections, which wouldn't help them economically in the lead-up to 2020.

Trump/Republicans could cut the budget for military -- ha ha ha a thousand times ha. WTF am I thinking. Not going to happen.

That leaves us with somehow cutting interest payments on the debt. Sure, it would mean a default on our obligations, it would blow our credibility up and put us on a par with Venezuela, we would never be able to sell debt in the future at less than usurious rates, etc., etc., but remember -- TRUMP IS THE KING OF DEBT. I am sure that he could persuade himself to only cut interest payments to foreign entities or some other ridiculous idea and IMHO TRUMP IS JUST CRAZY AND DELUDED ENOUGH TO TRY. Defaulting on our debt would be catastrophic. The UST would be unable to sell any debt and we would have to just plain print out billions/trillions of dollars for the government to pay its bills -- instant hyperinflation and chaos. People using wheel barrows (not really), cats sleeping with dogs, republicans voting for democrats, you get the idea.

So, at the end of the day, I see real economic troubles ahead for Trump, and I haven't even started taking tariffs and other future idiocy by Trump into account. And if the economy goes into the tank, I just don't see enough racists and other deplorables to re-elect Trump.

I would appreciate comments from all (I'm looking at you John P. Capitalist and Gregg) on all of the above, but especially the economic prognostications.
Off Topic
This is not Topic place, agreed. Thank for the detailed response and as expected, we agree on most. Your financial remarks are interesting, also, too
(Rest of quote...)
Sekrit Stuffs!

O. It is almost time for Medicare for all. Why blow it? So you are okay with our government committing crimes against humanity because that might prevent us from getting single payor (which, btw, is not a sure thing). I am not a Muslim, so it won't hurt me personally if we ban all Muslims, especially if we get lower personal income taxes for the middle class. Is that a fair trade?
That's came off as a Straw man argument.
Many responses--Most succint, assuming a Devil's choice of priorities, is provided by Trump.
He says, "Elections have consequences."
He said his "mandate" gave him that right, to deport, to ban, to separate families, to sentence death by withdrawing health care, etc.. He has shown us what he will do.
Once one knows what must be obstructed by success in the midterms, to play cards that risk winning, makes one culpable for Trump's actions. (So
He has shown us who he is. Picking the issues to place on the ballot in the public's mind is essential.

I play 8-ball billiards well. If I cannot "finish the table" I will not make a shot that leaves my opponent one. Their cue ball will be buried someplace useless To play without a plan isn't playing to win.
That was the only part that just rubbed me wrong.
Again. Thank you.
And, let's take this to 2020 election thread. ?
Apologies, I felt it would be rude to not reply to a detailed response and tried to format as best u could to minimize the hijack.

We've got work to doing!
So, pull on your Sock Puppets --and start Mis-spelling!!!

- Dr Whom, Time Lord
(DNA tests reveal a recessive, silent 'm')

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:53 pm

Suranis wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:54 pm
I fervently hope so.

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:53 pm

AndyinPA wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:53 pm
Suranis wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:54 pm
I fervently hope so.
:like: Same here. It seems stupid for him to deny any knowledge of this, it's not as if he's being accused of the bad behavior himself. I can't stand the guy, I really hope he goes down for this. But as a super Trump humper, the minions will be on his side.

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:16 pm

This is a much longer article. Too much to snip out just a little bit.

Allies seek to defend Jim Jordan from Ohio State allegations

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/39616 ... llegations

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:16 pm

Ginni Thomas: 'False' claims aimed at Jordan 'because he threatens the elite'

The wife of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas on Monday blasted the "false accusations" that Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) knew of sexual abuse while he was an Ohio State wrestling coach, saying that allegations are being made up because Jordan "threatens the elite."

"Jim Jordan is under attack, with false accusations, because he threatens the elite," Ginni Thomas wrote on Facebook with an accompanying video of Jordan denying the accusations on Fox News

<SNIP>

http://thehill.com/homenews/396119-ginn ... because-he

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:06 pm

Sexual misbehavior by democrats - Punishable by death.

Sexual misbehavior by republicans - "The so-called victims are lying because they hate America!"

ImageImageImage x4

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:30 pm

Slim Cognito wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:06 pm
Sexual misbehavior by democrats - Punishable by death.

Sexual misbehavior by republicans - "The so-called victims are lying because they hate America!"
Sexual misbehavior by Clarence Thomas? A lifetime appointment to SCOTUS. See, also, my sig.

I love the poorly educated!!!

I believe Anita Hill! I believe Dr. Ford!

Gregg

Post by Gregg » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:36 pm

In re: The other coaches.

I can't discount that if any of the coaches knew, its hard for any of the others to deny it, and any of them that acknowledge it might be opening themselves up to getting sued or otherwise disgraced from their professions.
The athletes are in light of this possibly more credible.
Or at least I think so.

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:39 pm

How would the other coaches know if they didn't actually discuss it? And, I agree, they probably have a lot to lose, too, so it just lends more credence to the wrestlers.

woodworker

Post by woodworker » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:12 am

Re: Ginni Thomas -- what was her blood alcohol at the time?

Pence / Haley -- 2020 "I Won't Call Her Mother" and "We Will Be The Best Team Ever, But Never Alone Together"

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:23 am

Gregg wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:36 pm
In re: The other coaches.

I can't discount that if any of the coaches knew, its hard for any of the others to deny it, and any of them that acknowledge it might be opening themselves up to getting sued or otherwise disgraced from their professions.
The athletes are in light of this possibly more credible.
Or at least I think so.
I agree, those other coaches are screwed and have screwed themselves in the bargain. They either knew and didn't do anything or were totally clueless, which was just as bad if not worse and I just have a real hard time believing that.

When it is all said and done, a group of athletes, then boys/young adults, and now young men, simply ARE NOT going to make something like that up and publicly admit it, not with the culture and mental set of the time then and as well as now.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:21 am

Steve Scalise:
“I have always known Jim Jordan to be honest, and I’m confident he would stand up for his athletes, just like he’s always stood up for what’s right,” Scalise said in the statement. “I'm glad that Jim is committed to working with the investigators to see that the full truth comes out and justice is served.”
Isn't that the issue here?

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:21 am

woodworker wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:12 am
Re: Ginni Thomas -- what was her blood alcohol at the time?
Depends. What is the alcohol content of dalmation puppy blood?

ImageImageImage x4

Lani

Post by Lani » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:56 am

https://www.thedailybeast.com/two-more- ... xual-abuse
Two More OSU Wrestlers Say Rep. Jim Jordan Must Have Known About Sexual Abuse

Several members of the team still support Jordan.
“The guys didn’t blame Jimmy, but they were wondering why he didn’t just admit that he heard all the joking about Doc Strauss but didn’t put it together that something bad was going on,” Alf said.

Insert signature here: ____________________________________________________

fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III

Post by fierceredpanda » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:42 am

Jordan's response has been so predictable. I suppose it's a function of being a paranoid conspiracy theorist that he just assumed blanket denial was the only viable response. To the conspiracy-minded and narcissistic, any admission or concession is tantamount to defeat. It's the Roy Cohn strategy: admit nothing, never apologize, always attack.

Personally, despite my absolute contempt for him, I would have been perfectly willing to grant him the benefit of the doubt on the basis that he was very young at the time, and it's not the simplest thing in the world to report such behavior (especially among men - we tend to be ludicrously insecure and neurotic about such things) when the victims are keeping silent. Jordan coming straight out and saying, "I deeply regret not doing enough at the time" and making a sincere effort to be supportive now would have been enough for me. But instead he's gone with the maximalist, "I SAW NOTHING!" defense, and called everyone who says differently a liar with an agenda. As I immediately knew he would, because that's what he does.

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

I'm a convinced atheist, but I wish there were a Hell for Jordan to burn in.

"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:20 pm

John Aravosis

@aravosis
http://bit.ly/2Jmagx8 — I’ve created a Web site to serve as a one-stop shop for all the background & news on the GOP Rep Jim Jordan Ohio State sexual abuse scandal. Check it out and share, thanks.#JordanKnew

And check out our Jim Jordan scandal FAQ:http://bit.ly/2Jhqis0

11:18 AM - Jul 12, 2018

Frequently Asked Questions
Background on the Jim Jordan Ohio State sexual abuse scandal.

jordanscandal.com

"The people must know before they can act, and there is no educator to compare with the press." - Ida B. Wells-Barnett, journalist, newspaper editor, suffragist, feminist and founder with others of NAACP.

Dan1100

Post by Dan1100 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:52 pm

And now, he is running for Speaker.
John Fugelsang Verified account @JohnFugelsang

Jim Jordan running for Speaker of the House proves the GOP has evolved from a guy who molested wrestlers to a guy who merely turned a blind eye while other guys molested wrestlers.
See also, https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/26/politics ... index.html

"I asked Osama bin Laden and he very strongly said that he had nothing to do with crashing airplanes into the World Trade Center and Pentagon. I don't see any reason it would be Al-Qaeda."

-George W. Bush

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:48 pm

The "Do you want Jim Jordan as Speaker of the House?" ads are being cut. Running is the nicest thing he's ever done, for Democrats. Keep impeaching Republicans, Jim!

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:59 pm

Orlylicious wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:48 pm
The "Do you want Jim Jordan as Speaker of the House?" ads are being cut. Running is the nicest thing he's ever done, for Democrats. Keep impeaching Republicans, Jim!
He is the perfect Republican candidate. He is a conspiracy nut and did nothing to stop abuse.

"“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention.”

Heather Heyer, November 2016

Return to “Congress”