Latest from the GOP circus

Chilidog

Latest from the GOP circus

Post by Chilidog » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:41 pm

A handful of the top GOP loons are demanding that Jeff Sessions investigate Comey, Clinton, McCabe Loretta Lynch, Peter Strzok and Lisa Page.

https://desantis.house.gov/_cache/files ... ferral.pdf

Orlylicious

Re: Latest from the GOP circus

Post by Orlylicious » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:25 pm

Good to have the list of idiots. Lots of Florida. Ted Yoho signed it but not a word about Terry Trussell, shocked.

Yoho.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:58 pm

As usual Florida and Arizona members leading the idiot show.

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:39 pm

Over at the Daily Caller, they are acting like this is a True Bill.

Jerry Mander

Post by Jerry Mander » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:19 pm

I will bet money that tinfoil hat websites will latch on to this story and publish it with the following heading, or something similar:

“IT’S HAPPENING: Clinton, Obama, Etc. to be indicted!”.

:lol:

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:51 pm

Lani

Post by Lani » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:13 am

i'm not laffing at this. I take it seriously. I think they they truly want to destroy their perceived enemies. Mebbe I'm nutz, but I think a coup occurred in November '16. There is a very agitated group of people who want blood from Clinton, Soros, Comey and numerous others.

Insert signature here: ____________________________________________________

Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:30 am

Lani wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:13 am
i'm not laffing at this. I take it seriously. I think they they truly want to destroy their perceived enemies. Mebbe I'm nutz, but I think a coup occurred in November '16. There is a very agitated group of people who want blood from Clinton, Soros, Comey and numerous others.
It's part of the right wing psyche: only one group can win, and that must be "us". And "our" win is defined by "their" loss. If "they" haven't lost, "we" haven't "won". Life is a zero sum game for them.

You see that illustrated perfectly in Trump's approach to international trade negotiations; it's inconceivable to him that all parties might benefit under a good trade agreement.

maydijo

Post by maydijo » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:09 am

A few days ago Duterte ordered the arrest of an Australian nun for speaking out against his government. She was released yesterday but Duterte said she had no right speaking out against his human rights abuses, and vowed to keep on arresting foreigners who were critical of him. I'm expecting the Republicans to follow suit and start arresting foreign journalists, clergy, aid workers, etc who are critical of the Trump government any day now . . .

Lani

Post by Lani » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:27 am

Dangerous times.

Insert signature here: ____________________________________________________

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:54 am

maydijo wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:09 am
A few days ago Duterte ordered the arrest of an Australian nun for speaking out against his government. She was released yesterday but Duterte said she had no right speaking out against his human rights abuses, and vowed to keep on arresting foreigners who were critical of him. I'm expecting the Republicans to follow suit and start arresting foreign journalists, clergy, aid workers, etc who are critical of the Trump government any day now . . .
Makes you long for the days of Imelda and Ferdy??? :confused:

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

maydijo

Post by maydijo » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:11 am

Notorial Dissent wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:54 am
maydijo wrote:
How do you even begin to compare levels of totalitarianism? At least Imelda had flare. Duterte looks like a pimply kid on safari.

Somerset

Post by Somerset » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:23 am

Notorial Dissent wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:54 am
maydijo wrote:
Actually, Marcos is remembered fondly by many Duterte supporters.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:44 am

Sarcasm :sarcasm:

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:09 am

Terribly sorry to have to call a :homophone: on maydijo.

flare != flair

The point of no return is no longer even visible in your rearview mirror. :-

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:39 am

Solar Flare

Rick Flair

"The devil...the prowde spirite...cannot endure to be mocked.” - Thomas Moore

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:49 am

Wait, I don't think Imelda had either of those. :confused:

The point of no return is no longer even visible in your rearview mirror. :-

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:10 am

Foggy wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:49 am
Wait, I don't think Imelda had either of those. :confused:
But a lot of shoes :!:

listeme

Post by listeme » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:18 am

Lani wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:27 am
Dangerous times.
These are absolutely dangerous times. I hope we're ready. Whoever "we" are and whatever "ready" is.

We're used to being told it's our fault that men don't listen to us.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:59 am

Why Were Republicans So Desperate To Release the Embarrassing Comey Memos? Here’s One Explanation.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/201 ... ation.html
This all ultimately seems to explain why House Republicans were so eager to get these memos into the public. It seems as though they thought the memos would prove Comey had illegally leaked classified information and lied about it. It seems as though they were basing this entirely on a bit of contradictory—and likely inaccurate—Fox News reporting. And it seems that this contradictory, likely inaccurate reporting was done by Fox News to help validate this Donald Trump tweet, which was sent two days after Comey’s Senate testimony:

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

James Comey leaked CLASSIFIED INFORMATION to the media. That is so illegal!
5:40 AM - Jul 10, 2017

Finally, it seems that the memos released prove the exact opposite: the apparently leaked documents were never and still aren’t classified.

Ultimately, this is likely why on Thursday night we learned that Putin was allegedly discussing Russian hookers with Trump, that the president appears to have been obsessed with the pee tape to a previously undisclosed degree, and apparently had his chief of staff ask the FBI director if Mike Flynn was being bugged.

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:05 am

Trump wakes up early and launches Twitter attack on ‘Shadey James Comey’ to defend Mike Flynn

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/04/trump- ... ike-flynn/

Dude... T.Rump can't even spell the word "shady." :brickwallsmall:

The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

tencats

Post by tencats » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:35 pm

Republicans make Hillary Clinton the star of their 2018 mid-term elections campaign saying her 'far-left liberal positions' will get out their voters

https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2018/0 ... llary.html
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESSAPRIL 23, 2018
NEW YORK — Almost 18 months have passed since Hillary Clinton lost the presidency. She holds no position of power in government. And she is not expected to run for office again.

Yet Clinton is starring in the Republican Party's 2018 midterm strategy.

With control of Congress up for grabs this fall, the GOP's most powerful players are preparing to spend big on plans to feature Clinton as a central villain in attack ads against vulnerable Democrats nationwide. The strategy, which already has popped up in races in Pennsylvania, Indiana and North Dakota, illustrates the resilience and political potency of Republican voters' antipathy for Clinton. As difficult as it's been for Democrats to move past the Clinton era, it may be even harder for Republicans.

"STOP HILLARY. STOP PELOSI. STOP LAMB," read pamphlets circulated during the special election in Pennsylvania earlier this year.

That's just a taste of what's to come as the November elections grow closer, say those who control the GOP's strategy in the first midterm elections of Donald Trump's presidency.

"I promise you that you'll continue to see it — Hillary Clinton starring in our paid media. She's a very powerful motivator," said Corry Bliss, who leads the Congressional Leadership Fund, a Republican super political action committee ready to spend tens of millions of dollars to shape House races this fall. "It's about what she represents. What she represents, just like what Nancy Pelosi represents, is out-of-touch far-left liberal positions."
https://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2018/0 ... llary.html

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:46 pm

The Woman the GOP can never forget.

"The people must know before they can act, and there is no educator to compare with the press." - Ida B. Wells-Barnett, journalist, newspaper editor, suffragist, feminist and founder with others of NAACP.

TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:52 pm

Except that HRC is anything but far left.

“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:57 pm

TollandRCR wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:52 pm
Except that HRC is anything but far left.
True. But it doesn't matter what she is or isn't. Y'know, in real life. The RW propagandists have created a fictional demon and put her face on it. And the vile MSM in all its vagueness repeats it (heard today "Even though Hillary isn't running for anything, she represents liberal tax and spend policies the right is against.") They are doing the same thing with Pelosi.

A person either understands and recognizes dog-whistle politics and bullshit or they don't. Or they think it's great.

No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:
ImageImageImage

Return to “Congress”