Devin Nunes' "BIG 'PHASE 2" - This Is it! For Sure This Time!

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Devin Nunes' "BIG 'PHASE 2" - This Is it! For Sure This Time!

Post by Orlylicious »

Since Nunes is acting like Carl Gallups, he gets the same treatment. What a tool/stooge/fool. Hope our California friends are helping get him defeated. Since Memo 1 was a total dud (even Gumby said it had nothing to do with current investigations and Muller), Devin's now amping up with "Phase 2"! Except Gumby doesn't know what he's talking about. Assuming it's about the bogus Susan Rice unmasking fake scandal. CNS News:
Nunes: 'Phase 2' of Russia Investigation Involves State Department
By Susan Jones | February 5, 2018 | 7:05 AM EST

(CNSNews.com) - Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.), the chairman of the House intelligence committee, says the memo released by committee Republicans on Friday completes "the FISA abuse portion of our investigation." He said Phase 2 is now underway, and it focuses on the the State Department. "Are there other memos that are going to come out? You said this was phase one," Fox News's Bret Baier asked Nunes on Friday evening:

"Yes, so this completes just the FISA abuse portion of our investigation," Nunes replied. "We are in the middle of what I call phase-2 which involves other departments. Specifically the State Department and some of the involvement that they had in this. That investigation is ongoing, and we continue to work towards finding answers and asking the right questions to try to get to the bottom of what exactly the State Department was up to in terms of this Russian investigation."

Asked about Nunes' comment on Sunday, Rep. Trey Gowdy, the man who authored the "phase one" memo on FISA surveillance, said he doesn't know about a second memo. "I don't think there's a memo about the State Department," Gowdy told CBS's "Face the Nation." "I think what -- I think what Devin said is, there's a phase two of the investigation.

“And there is -- we do have concerns with a certain aspect of State Department involvement, and have serious concerns about it. It's not been public yet. So I think what Chairman Nunes meant is, there's another aspect to the investigation. “But if there is a second memo, I don't know about it," Gowdy said.
https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/su ... department

#Birther #Grifter #Liar Mike Zullo is Too Hot For TV! And hey, don't miss The Fogbow's Favorite TV Show™ starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: From Not To Hot -- Family Crisis!" New Season in March on weTV!

RVInit

Re: Devin Nunes' "BIG 'PHASE 2" - This Is it! For Sure This Time!

Post by RVInit »

I didn't see these Sunday shows with Gowdy. So it sounds like after saying somewhat reasonable things on Friday he more than made up for it on Sunday? Nunes is a pure idiot. Gowdy is pure evil.
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I imagine he got a severe bolloxing from the higher ups for going off the official script on Friday, so he had to prance about doing his best "Heil Fuhrer!" act on Sunday to get back into the good graces.
The difference between the Middle Ages, and the Age of the Internet, is that in the Middle Ages no-one thought the Earth was flat.

GreatGrey

Post by GreatGrey »

This time with

MOAR FOOTNOTES!
I am not "someone upthread".
Trump needs to be smashed into some kind of inedible orange pâté.

Dolly

Post by Dolly »

GOP probes put new focus on State
Congressional Republicans have signaled that they are looking at whether the State Department, then run by John Kerry, passed along information from Clinton’s allies that may have been used by the FBI to launch an investigation into whether the Trump campaign had improper contacts with Russia.

A highly redacted criminal referral from Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) to FBI Director Christopher Wray and Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein offers new clues about the GOP probes.

In the referral, Grassley writes that former British intelligence official Christopher Steele crafted a memo in addition to the infamous dossier of opposition research on Trump funded first by the conservative Washington Free Beacon website and then by the Democratic National Committee and Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign. Grassley has referred Steele to the Justice Department for a criminal investigation, alleging that he lied to the FBI about his contacts with the media.

The memo, dated Oct. 19, was given to Steele by a contact at the State Department and was based on information provided by “a friend of the Clintons,” Grassley said.
The documents released by Grassley and Nunes’s comments suggest their probes will now open another front with the State Department, suggesting officials there inappropriately circulated information to Steele that was then used by the FBI.
GOP lawmakers are privately buzzing about two longtime Clinton confidants — Sidney Blumenthal and Cody Shearer — as the likely sources for the October memo, which they believe reached Steele through his contact at the Obama State Department, Jonathan Winer.

Speaking Sunday on CBS’s “Face the Nation,” former Assistant Secretary of State Victoria Nuland said that Steele had unilaterally reached out to the State Department because he had become alarmed by what he was learning about Trump.

“Chris had a friend at the State Department and he offered us that reporting free so that we could also benefit from it,” Nuland said. “It was one of, you know, hundreds of sources that we were using to try to understand what was going on.”

“He passed two- to four-pages of short points of what he was finding, and our immediate reaction to that was this is not in our purview,” she continued. “This needs to go to the FBI if there is any concern here that one candidate or the election as a whole might be influenced by the Russian Federation. That's something for the FBI to investigate. And that was our reaction when we saw this.”
<big snip>
http://thehill.com/policy/national-secu ... s-on-state

Senate documents show FBI trying to suppress release of new Trump dossier info
BY SHARYL ATTKISSON, OPINION CONTRIBUTOR — 02/05/18 11:05 AM EST
Not only that, the newly-released criminal referral says Steele actually incorporated information that was funneled to him through Clinton associates and the U.S. State Department where Clinton had served as Secretary of State from 2009 to early 2013. In a memo dated Oct. 19, 2016, Steele wrote that a foreign source who was in touch with “a friend of the Clintons” passed him material through a U.S. State Department connection.
<big snip>
http://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/372 ... mp-dossier
Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

Dolly

Post by Dolly »

Former Obama official confirms Steele dossier was given to State
An official at former President Obama’s State Department has confirmed a claim made by Republicans that British spy Michael Steele and allies of Hillary Clinton gave him intelligence reports claiming that President Trump was compromised by the Russians.

In an op-ed for the Washington Post titled “Devin Nunes is investigating me: Here’s the Truth,” former U.S. deputy assistant secretary of State Jonathan Winer writes about how Steele and Clinton confidante Sidney Blumenthal approached him with separate dossiers claiming malfeasance between Trump and the Russians.

Winer’s op-ed confirms the chain of events Senate Judiciary Committee chairman Charles Grassley (R-Iowa) detailed in a criminal referral for Steele, in which he asks the Justice Department to investigate the British spy for allegedly lying to the FBI about his contacts with the media.

That criminal referral states that “a friend of the Clintons” approached an Obama State Department official with a document making claims about Trump, which the official then passed on to Steele, who was at the time a paid informant for The FBI.

In the op-ed, Winer states that Steele first approached him in September of 2016 with the infamous “dossier” about Trump. Winer distilled the dossier into a two-page summary that he shared with former Assistant Secretary of State Victoria Nuland, who notified then-secretary of State John Kerry.

Later that month, Winer said he met with Blumenthal, ...................... <SNIP>
http://thehill.com/policy/national-secu ... n-to-state

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

Steele was a paid informant for the FBI? :think:
Don't make me assume my ultimate form!

(Fogbow on PayPal)

kate520

Post by kate520 »

So, basically the Republicans’ stance is “How dare you follow up on the myriad reports, including one from Steele, that tell you Russia wants The Trumps to be it and they’re doing something about it.”

It’s been said here many times in many ways - Republicans have zero credibility with the majority of Americans going forward. The acronym stands: IOKIYAR. We didn’t make that up. The contempt for history, for fairness, for anything but themselves and their billionaire’s agenda is ringingly clear.

Dead to me. Dead. Fuck comity, fuck their blatant lies and tricks. Fuck their public sanctimony and private sins. I’m done.
DEFEND DEMOCRACY

Dolly

Post by Dolly »

NOTE: Addie :kiss: has a couple of posts in the "Congressional Committees: Re FBI's Independence" thread about Obama State Department official Jonathan Winer

Business Insider
Devin Nunes is gearing up to launch the next strike in his investigation into the FBI ...
http://www.thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopi ... 25#p957020

WaPo - Jonathan M. Winer: Devin Nunes is investigating me. Here’s the truth.
http://www.thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopi ... 25#p957278

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

same
Devin Nunes sending eight criminal referrals to Attorney General William Barr
By Jeremy Herb, CNN 1 hr ago

California Rep. Devin Nunes, the top Republican on the House Intelligence Committee, said Sunday he was planning to send eight criminal referrals to Attorney General William Barr as soon as this week.

Nunes, who investigated accusations of FBI and Department of Justice abuse while he was previously chairman of the intelligence panel, did not say who he would be referring in a Fox News interview on Sunday.

Appearing on Fox's "Sunday Morning Futures," Nunes said five of the referrals are related to lying to Congress, misleading Congress and leaking classified information.

The other referrals, Nunes said, are allegations of lying to the FISA court that approves foreign surveillance warrants, manipulating intelligence and what he described as a "global leak referral," which Nunes said wasn't tied to one individual.

"We couldn't really send these criminal referrals over without an Attorney General in place, so we are prepared this week to notify the Attorney General that we are prepared to send those referrals over and brief him if he wishes to be briefed. We think they're pretty clear, but as of right now this is, this may not be all of them, but this cleans up quite a bit. We have eight referrals that we are prepared to send over to the Attorney General this week," Nunes said.

Criminal referrals from Congress to the Justice Department are effectively requests for a criminal investigation from the Justice Department and the FBI.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... ar-BBVHFfZ

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Didn't he leak classified info? Is he referring himself for prosecution?

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

Why isn't he referring the 65,000 sealed indictments? Q keeps saying they are going to be unsealed REAL SOON, so why wouldn't Noon-yes get in on that YUGE action?

(Fogbow on PayPal)

Grumpy Old Guy

Post by Grumpy Old Guy »

Foggy wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:03 pm
Why isn't he referring the 65,000 sealed indictments? Q keeps saying they are going to be unsealed REAL SOON, so why wouldn't Noon-yes get in on that YUGE action?
NUNES IS Q????

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

The cow is Q.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent »

OK, I haz a confuzzed. Just how exactly is Nunes referring anything for prosecution, he is not the ranking member or chairman of that committee? I would have thought that it was the committee that had to refer things for prosecution. And maybe I 'm just unclear on House rules.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Mr Brolin

Post by Mr Brolin »

Reading what CNN has reported as the verbatim words of the execrable Nunes, one thinks he is posturing for his base alone.

"We couldn't really send these criminal referrals over without an Attorney General in place, so we are prepared this week to notify the Attorney General that we are prepared to send those referrals over and brief him if he wishes to be briefed. We think they're pretty clear, but as of right now this is, this may not be all of them, but this cleans up quite a bit. We have eight referrals that we are prepared to send over to the Attorney General this week," Nunes said.

Interesting use of "WE".....tres Trumpian and one wonders who, other than the imaginary voices in his head, make up the plurality of people..?

The word "prepared" seems to be doing all of the heavy lifting here and in general, denotes a passive wish list as opposed to actual doing.

It would appear to an uninterested bystander that Nunes thinks that the equally asinine "criminal referral" that then Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley and Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina sent to the DoJ about Chris Steele back in January of this year, somehow gives him (Nunes) as a non Chairman, carte blanche to vomit up shit.

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

I wonder what Devin is doing for Infrastructure Week. :think: :confused:

(Fogbow on PayPal)

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I wonder if Devin "The Cow" Nunes has the potential for criminal complaints against.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Fact check: Devin Nunes’ lawsuit against The Bee is frivolous

https://www.fresnobee.com/opinion/edito ... 34054.html
Claim: “McClatchy and its co-conspirators relentlessly attacked Plaintiff both in print and digitally — falsely and maliciously accusing Plaintiff of horrible crimes and improprieties...”

Fact: The story never accuses Nunes of any crime or improprieties. It does, however, show what he invested in. It notes that Nunes at that time had few other investments, making the winery more important in his portfolio. It is a time-honored tradition for news organizations to report on financial holdings of their elected officials because that is relevant to the voters’ understanding of their representatives.

Claim: “ ... falsely attributing to him knowledge he did not have ...”

Fact: The story quotes a winery representative saying none of the investors was involved in managing the winery, and no one on the yacht had connections to the winery or its investors. The story also quotes the California Tax Service Center that limited partners typically have “little knowledge or participation” in running a partnership.
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Notorial Dissent

You'd think Nunes never got any bad PR before.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Notorial Dissent

I keep wondering if he's really that thin skinned and stupid, and then I remember who I'm talking about.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Rep. Devin Nunes admits his defamation lawsuit is really about targeting journalists
"I am absolutely sure that they do not want this to get to discovery so that we find out who their sources are."

https://thinkprogress.org/devin-nunes-w ... a4f99109f/
Rep. Devin Nunes (R-CA) appeared on Fox News Wednesday and admitted to frivolously using the legal system to attack and threaten journalists.

:snippity:

Neither the NRA’s collusion with Russia nor Michael Cohen’s whereabouts during the 2016 election are in any way related to the suit that Nunes filed against McClatchy, but if Nunes is on a fishing expedition for the sources behind those stories, a 15-second Google search could save him quite a bit of hassle.

The Department of Justice is the source that confirmed Maria Butina was instructed “to jointly arrange introductions to U.S. persons having influence in American politics, including an organization promoting gun rights (hereinafter ‘GUN RIGHTS ORGANIZATION’), for the purpose of advancing the agenda of the Russian Federation.” And the origins of Cohen’s alleged trip to Prague — a trip that Cohen himself has emphatically denied — stem from the so-called Steele dossier, …the Steele dossier, the unverified opposition research document compiled during the 2016 presidential campaign.

Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

My understanding is that the Dossier is a red herring. What started the whole thing was Papadopolis being busted trying to set up a backdoor channel between Russia and the Trump campaign. The FBI would have investigated even if there was no dossier. Correct?

Return to “Congress”