Sen Jeff Flake (R-AZ) Takes Down Donald, Won't Run Again "I Rise To Say: Enough"

Skip Intro

Re: BREAKING: Sen Jeff Flake (R-AZ) Takes Down Donald, Won't Run Again "I Rise To Say: Enough"

Post by Skip Intro » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:24 pm

Screen Shot 2017-10-24 at 5.23.12 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

In the Trump era anything is true if enough people believe it.

Foggy

Re: BREAKING: Sen Jeff Flake (R-AZ) Takes Down Donald, Won't Run Again "I Rise To Say: Enough"

Post by Foggy » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:28 pm

It turns out that Flake begged Trump to endorse him for re-election, but Trump refused, so Flake decided he had no chance of winning, which is why he dropped out of the race.

OK, it will turn out that happened. Just wait a couple of days. :mrgreen:

The point of no return is no longer even visible in your rearview mirror. :-

Skip Intro

Post by Skip Intro » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:31 pm

Flakey Jeff Flake, Trump calls him, and we're all back in 4th grade again.

In the Trump era anything is true if enough people believe it.

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:10 pm

Foggy wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:28 pm
It turns out that Flake begged Trump to endorse him for re-election, but Trump refused, so Flake decided he had no chance of winning, which is why he dropped out of the race.

At least in 45's world.

Slim Cognito

Re: Sen Jeff Flake (R-AZ) Takes Down Donald, Won't Run Again "I Rise To Say: Enough"

Post by Slim Cognito » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:08 am

I thought this news would cheer me up but instead it pushed me into probably my worst funk since I recovered from Trump's election. Never would I have thought I'd be sad to see a conservative republican like Flake leave until I saw people like Roy Moore and that idiot who actually punched a reporter winning elections. With gerrymandering and voter suppression, I've lost hope we'll improve our numbers in 2018. Instead I fear anyone registered with a D at risk of finding themselves suddenly missing from the voter rolls on election day. I've gone from "people are Shirley waking up" to "WTF is WRONG with people?"

:crying:

ImageImageImage x4

Turtle

Re: Sen Jeff Flake (R-AZ) Takes Down Donald, Won't Run Again "I Rise To Say: Enough"

Post by Turtle » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:22 am

Slim Cognito wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:08 am
I thought this news would cheer me up but instead it pushed me into probably my worst funk since I recovered from Trump's election. Never would I have thought I'd be sad to see a conservative republican like Flake leave until I saw people like Roy Moore and that idiot who actually punched a reporter winning elections. With gerrymandering and voter suppression, I've lost hope we'll improve our numbers in 2018. Instead I fear anyone registered with a D at risk of finding themselves suddenly missing from the voter rolls on election day. I've gone from "people are Shirley waking up" to "WTF is WRONG with people?"

:crying:
A simple solution is to run jungle primaries, randomize the list of candidates and remove all party affiliations from the ballots. The races where these people are declining to run again, they could put (R) beside a grilled cheese sandwich and people will vote for it in the general.

MsDaisy

Post by MsDaisy » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:26 am

Foggy wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:28 pm

Yep! :mrgreen:
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=10199&p=926277#p926277

Birfers are toast

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:01 am

Turtle wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:22 am
A simple solution is to run jungle primaries, randomize the list of candidates and remove all party affiliations from the ballots. The races where these people are declining to run again, they could put (R) beside a grilled cheese sandwich and people will vote for it in the general.
I'm in favor of more grilled cheese sandwiches in the Senate. :thumbs:

The point of no return is no longer even visible in your rearview mirror. :-

hw_wiz

Post by hw_wiz » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:39 am

Foggy wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:01 am
Turtle wrote:
Oh great. Then we will be debating if you should use "good old" AMERICAN cheese or some "undocumented" imported cheese like Cheddar or Havarti. :cantlook:

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:47 am

What these Republicans really need to do is declare themselves as Independents and caucus with the Democrats. They would have more influence this way than if they remained as maverick Republicans.

Ano, jsou opravdové. - Stormy Daniels

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:35 am

Foggy wrote:
Turtle wrote:
I prefer ham sandwiches for that job, for an obvious reason.

kate520

Post by kate520 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:29 pm

:lol:

This is my personal favorite Facebook comment on the Flake story from News and Guts:
“It was miraculous. It was almost no trick at all, he saw, to turn vice into virtue and slander into truth, impotence into abstinence, arrogance into humility, plunder into philanthropy, thievery into honor, blasphemy into wisdom, brutality into patriotism, and sadism into justice. Anybody could do it; it required no brains at all. It merely required no character.”
― Joseph Heller, Catch 22

DEFEND DEMOCRACY

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:36 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:35 am
Foggy wrote:
Turtle wrote:
I prefer ham sandwiches for that job, for an obvious reason.
I saw what you did there.

ImageImageImage x4

MsDaisy

Post by MsDaisy » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:34 pm

Do we have a thread for republicans not running for re-election in 2018? The numbers seem to be growing. In addition to Jeff Flake, Reps. Frank LoBiondo (R-N.J.) and Ted Poe (R-Texas) both said not run for re-election in 2018. Now we have Bob Goodlatte from VA. I think he got spooked by the clean sweep Dems made in the state on Tuesday. :mrgreen:

House Judiciary chairman announces retirement

House Judiciary Committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte (R-Va.) said Thursday that he will not seek reelection, becoming the latest in a string of GOP lawmaker retirements.

Goodlatte, 65, is the third term-limited House committee chairman to announce his plans to leave the chamber within the past week.

"With my time as Chairman of the Judiciary Committee ending in December 2018, this is a natural stepping-off point and an opportunity to begin a new chapter of my career and spend more time with my family, particularly my granddaughters," Goodlatte said in a letter to supporters.

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/35959 ... retirement

Birfers are toast

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:10 pm

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Hektor

Post by Hektor » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:17 pm

Too late.

Sterngard Friegen

Jeff Flake (R-AZ) Takes Down Donald then Runs Away

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:17 pm

Jeff Flake takes down Trump, criticizes Moore and then bravely runs away.

In my neck of the woods we call that a coward.

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Re: Jeff Flake (R-AZ) Takes Down Donald then Runs Away

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:50 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:17 pm
Jeff Flake takes down Trump, criticizes Moore and then bravely runs away.

In my neck of the woods we call that a coward.
And he continues to vote along party lines.

"The people must know before they can act, and there is no educator to compare with the press." - Ida B. Wells-Barnett, journalist, newspaper editor, suffragist, feminist and founder with others of NAACP.

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:26 pm

I think a lot of people misunderstand Flake's problem with Trump. IMO his complaints about Trump have to do with Trump's behavior and demeanor, including all the lying and the schoolboy tweeting. He does not have any problem with Trump's position on things. That is why he has no problem continuing to vote along party lines. Flake is a typical Tea Party type Republican, he has been a thorn in McConnell's side for a long time, just like all the other Tea Party extremists. But apparently even he has standards when it comes to behavior. He does not have standards when it comes to good or acceptable policy, he's right in the toilet with Trump and the rest of the Tea Party when it comes to policy.

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:07 am

NBC News

@NBCNews

Sen. Flake to denounce President Trump's media attacks as Stalinist in Senate speech
http://
nbcnews.to/2muyJaf
Trump may take that as a compliment. ;)

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:56 am

Volkonski wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:07 am
https:// twitter.com/NBCNews/status/952571129515954176

NBC News @NBCNews

Sen. Flake to denounce President Trump's media attacks as Stalinist in Senate speech
http://nbcnews.to/2muyJaf
Trump may take that as a compliment. ;)
Uhh yes - a steelinist - a man of steel (and a friend of coal miners) :twisted:

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:42 pm

"The devil...the prowde spirite...cannot endure to be mocked.” - Thomas Moore

Return to “Congress”