So we went from "Obama illegally wire tapped me!" to "I feel vindicated because I was caught up in legal surveillance of Russian subjects."
And his base will lap it up.
Personally, this raises more questions than answers.
‘SOMEWHAT’ VINDICATED BY NUNES
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/trump- ... 2017-03-22
• In a surprise development, House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes said U.S. intelligence agencies had gathered information on Trump and his transition team before Trump was sworn in as president. Nunes briefed Trump about the investigation at the White House, and when Trump was asked about it, he said he felt “somewhat” vindicated. “I very much appreciated the fact that they found what they found.”
Trump has said former President Barack Obama wiretapped his Trump Tower office last year. Even Nunes — as well as officials including FBI Director James Comey — have said there’s no evidence that is the case.
Here's a twitter thread that questions if this was something Nunes did on his own so Trump could save face.https://twitter.com/LukeRussert/status/ ... 4802384897
Luke RussertVerified account @LukeRussert
Okay----real talk thread----this Nunes story is insane. In my 7 years covering the Hill, never saw something like this from Intel Chair
@LukeRussert 1. This week every intel agency worth a damn has told Congress that Obama absolutely did NOT spy/tap Trump's phone
2. So Trump WH looks terrible because he lied and implied his predecessor committed a crime.
3. So Nunes, gets a call from a "source" that claims intel agencies got "incidentally" picked up some stuff on Trump campaign?
4. Nunes, briefs Ryan, then runs to the WH to brief Trump. Then speaks to reporters without briefing the Intel Comt!?!?!?
5. Nunes acting on a "source" seems to have used his extremely important position to give Trump light cover on a manic tweet.
6. This is very dangerous. I have trouble seeing somebody like Mike Rogers doing this. Intel Chairmen don't act like this.
7. Lastly, who was the Trump Campaign talking to that got them swept up? Nunes might want to care about that...