President-Elect Donald Trump

Chilidog

Re: President-Elect Donald Trump

Post by Chilidog »

So who is Sprint going to try to merge with?

bob

Post by bob »

Chilidog wrote:So who is Sprint going to try to merge with?
T-Mobile, i.e., Deutsche Telekom.

Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2
SLQ

Post by SLQ »

YellowMustard wrote:There's also this: http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/did ... ut-of-line

Apparently 22 minutes before Trumps tweet, the Chicago Tribune published an article where some Boeing honcho was critical of Trump.
I heard this on the radio on the way home this evening. My first reaction was that it makes perfect sense. Trump is offended by said honcho's [free speech] criticism. Trump lashes out by suggesting he will cancel the contract. Intimidation and retribution? Done and done. :boxing:

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try."
-- Yoda
SueDB

Post by SueDB »

Boeing has done something to piss off the pugs. Congress stopped (blocked the loan permissions I believe) them from selling billions of dollars worth of aircraft to Iran giving the deal on a silver platter to Aerobus.

This would have been a real good deal for the US as well as Iran allowing them to bring their air travel fleet carrying their citizens over other countries up to modern standards. We could have gotten some of that cash back we were holding for them all those years.

“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Funny thing about that,

Iran Air is one of the few airlines still flying 747-200. The same model as AirForce 1.

GreatGrey

Post by GreatGrey »

Pompeed wrote:
GreatGrey wrote:But to retrofit Drumph's plane would literally take years to do. Not gonna happen.

Agreed. Not going to happen.

But it is what he would like to have happen and it is what is going around in his head.
Meanwhile at CNBC...
IMG_3510.JPG
Read the comments.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I am not "someone upthread".
Trump needs to be smashed into some kind of inedible orange pâté.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Fucking hell. The comments are near 100% in the "Fuck you CNBC for this" camp

The difference between the Middle Ages, and the Age of the Internet, is that in the Middle Ages no-one thought the Earth was flat.
Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia »

Carrier hikes prices after agreeing to keep jobs in Indiana

Carrier Corp., the maker of air conditioners that was persuaded by President-elect Donald Trump to abort plans to close a US factory, is increasing prices to stay competitive as higher costs weigh on the industry. The United Technologies Corp. division that includes brands such as Carrier and Bryant will raise the amount it charges for residential and commercial HVAC equipment by as much as 5 percent, according to a company statement. The change will go into effect Jan. 1. United Technologies agreed last week to keep about 1,100 jobs at an Indianapolis plant after Trump and Vice President-elect Mike Pence spent weeks pressuring the company over the plan to move operations to Mexico. Trump made the Carrier talks a priority after repeatedly criticizing the company during the campaign and turning it into a symbol of the ways that trade deals harm US workers. Shutting the gas-furnace plant and moving jobs abroad would have helped United Technologies save about $65 million a year. The company will receive an incentive package from Indiana worth $7 million to keep the facility open and invest $16 million in improvements. — BLOOMBERG NEWS
But this is a YOOOGE win for the little people!

Dolly

Post by Dolly »

Donald J. Trump Verified account
‏@realDonaldTrump
I will be interviewed on the @TODAYshow at 7:30. Enjoy!

4:18 AM - 7 Dec 2016

Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp
SueDB

Post by SueDB »

Sugar Magnolia wrote:

Carrier Corp., the maker of air conditioners that was persuaded by President-elect Donald Trump to abort plans to close a US factory, is increasing prices to stay competitive as higher costs weigh on the industry. The United Technologies Corp. division that includes brands such as Carrier and Bryant will raise the amount it charges for residential and commercial HVAC equipment by as much as 5 percent, according to a company statement. The change will go into effect Jan. 1. United Technologies agreed last week to keep about 1,100 jobs at an Indianapolis plant after Trump and Vice President-elect Mike Pence spent weeks pressuring the company over the plan to move operations to Mexico. Trump made the Carrier talks a priority after repeatedly criticizing the company during the campaign and turning it into a symbol of the ways that trade deals harm US workers. Shutting the gas-furnace plant and moving jobs abroad would have helped United Technologies save about $65 million a year. The company will receive an incentive package from Indiana worth $7 million to keep the facility open and invest $16 million in improvements. — BLOOMBERG NEWS
Moving would have kept them competitive, now-not so much. Lowest bidder gets the contract.

Trump is helping sign their corporate death warrant.

“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!
Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

This quote is about the US and Japan before Pearl Harbor but Trump might benefit by taking it to heart.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wor ... 5df75a7892
"Never inflict upon another major military power a policy which would cause you yourself to go to war unless you are fully prepared to engage that power militarily," wrote American historian Roland Worth Jr., in "No Choice But War: The United States Embargo against Japan and the Eruption of War in the Pacific." "And don't be surprised that if they do decide to retaliate, that they seek out a time and a place that inflicts maximum harm and humiliation upon your cause."

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Azastan

Post by Azastan »

Volkonski wrote:This quote is about the US and Japan before Pearl Harbor but Trump might benefit by taking it to heart.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wor ... 5df75a7892
"Never inflict upon another major military power a policy which would cause you yourself to go to war unless you are fully prepared to engage that power militarily," wrote American historian Roland Worth Jr., in "No Choice But War: The United States Embargo against Japan and the Eruption of War in the Pacific." "And don't be surprised that if they do decide to retaliate, that they seek out a time and a place that inflicts maximum harm and humiliation upon your cause."
Does Donald Trump have any businesses with operations in China? We know he wants to plaster his name all over Taiwan.

Dolly

Post by Dolly »

PERSON OF THE YEAR
THE CHOICE
DONALD TRUMP

much more at the link
http://time.com/time-person-of-the-year ... ald-trump/

ETA: last line of the article:
It’s an America of renewed hope and paralyzing fear, a country few expected less than a year ago. Because of Donald John Trump, whatever happens next, it will never be like it was before.

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

So has Trump taken umbrage at the "Divided States of America" yet?

Dolly

Post by Dolly »

Chilidog wrote:So has Trump taken umbrage at the "Divided States of America" yet?
Donald Trump: I’ve Done Nothing to Divide the Country
President-elect’s Time interview: Not a divider.

In an interview with Time for its person of the year issue, and a follow-up with NBC’s “Today” show, Mr. Trump talked tough.

■ He insisted he has nothing to do with the “divided states of America” that Time says he will lead. “When you say divided states of America, I didn’t divide them,” he told NBC. “I’m not president yet, so I didn’t do anything to divide.”

Trump teaming with reality show titan for a really big show.

At a breakfast fund-raiser at Manhattan’s Cipriani 42nd Street, Mr. Trump on Wednesday gave a tantalizing hint at the inaugural festivities to come for a reality TV star-turned-president: The helicopter grand entrance.

The president-elect said he was paid a visit a day earlier by Mark Burnett, the executive producer of “The Apprentice,” the reality show that helped make the president-elect a household name. Mr. Trump told the crowd that Mr. Burnett proposed reinventing the inauguration with a helicopter taking off from New York City, according to an attendee.
<SNIP>
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/07/us/po ... .html?_r=0

https://archive.is/Q6Mzg

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia »

SueDB wrote:
Sugar Magnolia wrote:

Moving would have kept them competitive, now-not so much. Lowest bidder gets the contract.

Trump is helping sign their corporate death warrant.
Lowest bidder gets my money too. I have no brand loyalty when shopping for an a/c unit, so price (all other things being equal) is usually my biggest consideration.

PatGund

Post by PatGund »

bob wrote:
Chilidog wrote:So who is Sprint going to try to merge with?
T-Mobile, i.e., Deutsche Telekom.
(Shudder) I was happy to escape Sprint. The idea of going back to them makes me want to throw up.

kate520

Post by kate520 »

Huh. I've had Sprint through hub's business for 12 years. I've not had a single issue.

DEFEND DEMOCRACY
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Dolly wrote:
PERSON OF THE YEAR
THE CHOICE
DONALD TRUMP

Turning his back unto the American people and his voters, much like a :twoup:

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Someone noted that the M above Trump's head looked like devil's horns. :-D

Joe Biden: "Wearing masks is not a political statement. It's a scientific imperative."

It’s the pandemic, stupid!
Judge Mental

Post by Judge Mental »

Time have given him two black horns in that photo :P

Edit...damn I'm always too slow :-D

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

I don't think that is accidental.

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia »

Iconic. He's turned his back to Americans and has horns.

I think it's perfect.

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I agree. All that's missing is a tail.

The difference between the Middle Ages, and the Age of the Internet, is that in the Middle Ages no-one thought the Earth was flat.
Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia »

Suranis wrote:I agree. All that's missing is a tail.
You mean that's not the imprint of a tail on the back of his chair?

Return to “President & Executive Branch”