US Secret Service

Addie

Re: US Secret Service

Post by Addie »

New York Daily News
EXCLUSIVE: White House stalker begs to marry Malia Obama at her Tribeca internship

The U.S. Secret Service detained a lovelorn Brooklyn man for stalking and harassing Malia Obama, daughter of the former President, at the White House and in New York, sources said Wednesday.

Jair Nilton Cardoso went to the fourth floor of building in Tribeca where Obama, 18, interns on April 10, put a sign in the window and loudly begged her to marry him, sources said.

Two Secret Service agents assigned to her detail kicked him out, sources said.

Two days later Cardoso, 30, followed Obama out of a building in the West Village where she also interns, sources said.

Secret Service agents stopped him and recognized him as the man who had repeatedly tried to get into the White House in the past, sources said. They told him to go away and leave her alone, sources said.
"The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for." - Barbara Kingsolver
Addie

Post by Addie »

Reuters
White House sidewalk to be closed to public permanently

WASHINGTON — The U.S. Secret Service said it would end public access to a sidewalk along the south fence of the White House beginning Wednesday night.

The sidewalk has been closed nightly from 11 p.m. to 6 a.m. since 2015, and it will now be off-limits around the clock, the Secret Service said in a statement.

The closure will “lessen the possibility of individuals illegally accessing the White House grounds,” Secret Service Communications Director Cathy Milhoan said. ...

Blocking use of the south fence sidewalk will not obstruct the public’s ability to view or photograph the White House and its grounds, the Secret Service said, adding no additional “physical” barriers would be installed.

The same restrictions are in place on the north fence of the White House grounds, according to the Secret Service.
"The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for." - Barbara Kingsolver
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Must be Obamas fault...
Ex-Secret Service Officer Gets 20 Years for Sexting Teens From White House
by ALEX JOHNSON

A former uniformed Secret Service officer was sentenced to 20 years in prison on Thursday for sending sexually explicit photos of himself to underage girls — while he was on duty at the White House.

Lee Robert Moore, 38, of Church Hill, Maryland, pleaded guilty in March to enticement of a minor to engage in sexual activity and attempting to transfer obscene materials to a minor. The Secret Service fired him after his arrest in November 2015.

At the time of his arrest, Moore was assigned to protect the White House complex, and prosecutors said he sent some of the materials while on guard duty at the White House.
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ex- ... te-n761891
tek

Post by tek »

I gotta believe the Secret Service detail for Trump's trip this week are not a happy troupe..
There's no way back
from there to here
Addie

Post by Addie »

CNN
Driver strikes Secret Service officer near Trump's motorcade

(CNN)A man was arrested after he drove into a Secret Service officer Wednesday night as President Donald Trump returned to the White House following his trip to visit the hospital where House Majority Whip Steve Scalise was being treated.

According to law enforcement, Secret Service uniformed division officers had blocked a street for the President's return to the White House when a vehicle tried to turn into the motorcade route near 15th Street NW and Pennsylvania Avenue, ignoring verbal and visual commands not to enter.

A Secret Service spokesperson told CNN one officer was struck by the driver as he attempted to stop the car from continuing into the motorcade route. Authorities did not immediately release the suspect's name.

The officer suffered minor injuries as he landed on the hood of the Gray Mazda SUV. He was transported to a local hospital, according to a police report.

The driver was arrested and charged with failure to obey and assault with a dangerous weapon-vehicle and taken to the second district police station for processing. The suspect told arresting officers he was not paying attention to the Secret Service officer but rather "another vehicle," and had no outstanding warrants, according to police.
Addie

Post by Addie »

WaPo
Secret Service vacates Trump Tower command post in lease dispute with president’s company

The Secret Service has vacated its command post inside Trump Tower in Manhattan following a dispute between the government and President Trump’s company over the terms of a lease for the space, according to two people familiar with the discussions.

Previously, the Secret Service had stationed its command post — which houses supervisors and backup agents on standby in case of an emergency — in a Trump Tower unit one floor below the president’s apartment.

But in early July, the post was relocated to a trailer on the sidewalk, more than 50 floors below, a distance that some security experts worry could hamper the agency that protects the president’s home and family.

The command post appears unlikely to move anytime soon back inside Trump Tower, where the president and his family have rarely gone since moving to the White House.

On Thursday, a spokeswoman for the Trump Organization said the government should seek space in another location.
Sunrise

Post by Sunrise »

Addie wrote:WaPo
Secret Service vacates Trump Tower command post in lease dispute with president’s company

The Secret Service has vacated its command post inside Trump Tower in Manhattan following a dispute between the government and President Trump’s company over the terms of a lease for the space, according to two people familiar with the discussions.

Previously, the Secret Service had stationed its command post — which houses supervisors and backup agents on standby in case of an emergency — in a Trump Tower unit one floor below the president’s apartment.

But in early July, the post was relocated to a trailer on the sidewalk, more than 50 floors below, a distance that some security experts worry could hamper the agency that protects the president’s home and family.

The command post appears unlikely to move anytime soon back inside Trump Tower, where the president and his family have rarely gone since moving to the White House.

On Thursday, a spokeswoman for the Trump Organization said the government should seek space in another location.
At least taxpayers aren't subsidizing that unit any more. :thumbs:
M A C A Making America Care Again :daydream:
gupwalla

Post by gupwalla »

Foreign adversaries this week called Trump weak and said he should be "liquidated."

Not the best week to piss off the Praetorian Guard.

On the other hand, there is now a trailer parked on the sidewalk outside Trump Tower.
In a wilderness of mirrors, what will the spider do beyond the circuit of the shuddering Bear in fractured atoms? -TS Eliot (somewhat modified)

All warfare is based on deception. - Sun Tzu
Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

gupwalla wrote:Foreign adversaries this week called Trump weak and said he should be "liquidated."

Not the best week to piss off the Praetorian Guard.

On the other hand, there is now a trailer parked on the sidewalk outside Trump Tower.
Best news of the week.
A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment:
August 26 was proclaimed Women's Equality Day in 1972 by Richard Nixon. August 26, 1920, was date the 19th Amendment was confirmed by the Secretary of State and became law.
Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

Why is the Secret Service paying Trump anything to protect Trump? That's obscene. :fingerwag:
"“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention.”

Heather Heyer, November 2016
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Reality Check wrote:Why is the Secret Service paying Trump anything to protect Trump? That's obscene. :fingerwag:
This has been one of the controversies all along, unless you're one of the 35 to 40 percent who think that enriching yourself personally through the taxpayer is "winning" and worth it.

Cue "Imagine if Obama had done this!"
Slim Cognito
Location: Home to gators, pythons and now trump. trump is the only one that scares me.

Post by Slim Cognito »

Yesterday was a helluva news day, wasn't it. I'm still exhausted.
ImageImageImage x4
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Slim Cognito wrote:Yesterday was a helluva news day, wasn't it. I'm still exhausted.
And now we have Friday to get through. What will this afternoon's news dump bring?
gupwalla

Post by gupwalla »

Reality Check wrote:Why is the Secret Service paying Trump anything to protect Trump? That's obscene. :fingerwag:
They were originally there to protect Melania and Baron. The kid is a kid so I had no problem with that.

They have now moved into the dump*, though, so I'm not upset about the NYC downsizing.

*But not the dump with a trailer parked outside on the sidewalk.
In a wilderness of mirrors, what will the spider do beyond the circuit of the shuddering Bear in fractured atoms? -TS Eliot (somewhat modified)

All warfare is based on deception. - Sun Tzu
Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

gupwalla wrote: They were originally there to protect Melania and Baron. The kid is a kid so I had no problem with that. :snippity:
I don't have a problem with the Secret Service protecting the President and his family. I have a problem with Trump making a profit off them doing it. The space should have been donated as well as the golf carts at Trump courses when he plays golf. I am surprised he is not charging them green fees to follow him around. What a POS. :madguy:
"“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention.”

Heather Heyer, November 2016
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Reality Check wrote:
gupwalla wrote: They were originally there to protect Melania and Baron. The kid is a kid so I had no problem with that. :snippity:
I don't have a problem with the Secret Service protecting the President and his family. I have a problem with Trump making a profit off them doing it. The space should have been donated as well as the golf carts at Trump courses when he plays golf. I am surprised he is not charging them green fees to follow him around. What a POS. :madguy:
That is exactly the point.

(I was mildly annoyed when it was announced that Melania and Baron were going to temporarily stay in Trump Tower, only because I didn't believe it was temporary. And this is the problem with this President. I find myself automatically skeptical of everything he says, even everyday things like plans for where his wife is going to live.)
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage
Flatpointhigh
Occupation: Voice Actor, Podcaster, I hold a Ph.D in Procrastination.

Post by Flatpointhigh »

Reality Check wrote:
I don't have a problem with the Secret Service protecting the President and his family. I have a problem with Trump making a profit off them doing it. The space should have been donated as well as the golf carts at Trump courses when he plays golf.I am surprised he is not charging them green fees to follow him around. What a POS. :madguy:
Probably is. it's included in the cart rental.
Addie

Post by Addie »

USA Today
Secret Service out of money to pay agents because of Trump's frequent travel, large family

WASHINGTON — The Secret Service can no longer afford to pay hundreds of agents it needs to carry out an expanded protective mission – in large part due to the sheer size of President Trump's family and efforts necessary to secure their multiple residences up and down the East Coast.

Secret Service Director Randolph "Tex'' Alles, in an interview with USA TODAY, said more than 1,000 agents have already hit the federally mandated caps for salary and overtime allowances that were meant to last the entire year.

The agency has faced a crushing workload since the height of the contentious election season, and it has not relented in the first seven months of the administration. Agents must protect Trump – who has traveled almost every weekend to his properties in Florida, New Jersey and Virginia – and his adult children whose business trips and vacations have taken them across the country and overseas. ...

Alles said the service is grappling with an unprecedented number of White House protectees. Under Trump, 42 people have protection, a number that includes 18 members of his family. That's up from 31 during the Obama administration.

Overwork and constant travel has also been driving a recent exodus from the Secret Service ranks, yet without congressional intervention to provide additional funding, Alles will not even be able pay agents for the work they have already done.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

:bored: :bored: :bored: waiting for a precedential EO ....
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Waiting for Breitbart's scathing article about how much money Trump is costing the American taxpayer

:bored:
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage
kate520

Post by kate520 »

:bored: :bored:
Waiting for this whole damn thing to be over.

Mr520 tells me the OSG is on track to outspend Obama's entire 8 year SS budget... this year. :shock:
DEFEND DEMOCRACY
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Congress shoud assign a stipend fr Secret Service protection and if the President wishes to extend beyond that, it should be on his own purse. After all Trumps soooo rich, he can afford it, right?

Besides, its not like there is a risk of Kidnapping making Trump release state secrets. He's happilly doing that all by himself.
The difference between the Middle Ages, and the Age of the Internet, is that in the Middle Ages no-one thought the Earth was flat.
Addie

Post by Addie »

New Republic
Democrats should refuse supplemental Secret Service funding that Trump is just going to pocket.

Following up this morning’s report that Trump has essentially bankrupted the Secret Service through excessive travel to Trump-owned properties, which in turn fleece the Secret Service, I’d like to note that Congress—and specifically Democrats in the Senate—can put a stop to it, if and when the White House and USSS come begging for supplemental spending.

Every president needs a security detail but the Constitution doesn’t entitle the president to as much leisure travel as he wants, and possibly even prohibits the president from using leisure travel to funnel public money into his own pocket.

If he’s already drained USSS appropriations, then supplemental funds should be conditioned first on itemized disclosure of the Trump-owned accounts Secret Service has had to pay to discharge its obligation to protect the president, and second on a legislative rider prohibiting USSS from reimbursing entities owned by the president for expenses and services incurred in the course of protecting the president.

Plussing-up Secret Service accounts will be subject to filibuster, so Democrats can make these demands, if they’re willing to stand on the (I’d argue politically solid) principle that the president can’t profit from his government-provided security detail.
Addie

Post by Addie »

Independent
White House placed on lockdown due to suspicious package

The White House was placed on lockdown after the Secret Service said it was investigating an unattended package near one of the gates.

“@SecretService & @DCPoliceDept responding to an unattended package near the North Fence of the @WhiteHouse Complex,” the agency tweeted.

Donald Trump is not at home. He is en route to Arizona for a rally.

Secret Service cleared the White House's North Lawn and sent journalists and construction workers in the area into the West Wing.

The agency also closed off certain areas next to the complex to pedestrians.
Foggy
Avatar: Silly engineers have been using 3D printers to make Godzilla arms for chickens.

Post by Foggy »

Probably a case of Chapstick®. That dry desert heat can be very harsh on your lips.

'Specially if'n you is a yappin' fool.
I hope y'all are still wearing your seat belts!

Return to “President & Executive Branch”