US Secret Service

Addie

Re: US Secret Service

Post by Addie » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:48 pm

CNN
White House jumper on grounds for 15 minutes before caught, Secret Service source says

(CNN)The accused White House fence jumper was on the White House south grounds for 15 minutes or more before he was caught Friday, a Secret Service source with knowledge of the matter told CNN Friday, and officials are investigating multiple failures that allowed it to happen.

The source says Jonathan Tran set off several alarms, but was able to avoid other sensors. The source said "the response to the alarm was lacking, and found (the suspect) vulnerabilities in the system."

Secret Service officials are conducting a formal Mission Assurance Review to the incident. They say the 26-year-old California man carrying a backpack jumped multiple fences at the White House complex and set off multiple alarm sensors before he was discovered just steps from a main door to the mansion. ...

A Secret Service source tells CNN that Tran was observed looming around Pennsylvania Avenue as early as 6 p.m. almost six hours before he was arrested on the White House grounds.

¡Sterngard! come home.

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:56 pm

He was observed looming?

The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

Addie

Post by Addie » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:59 pm

I kinda like that one :rotflmao:
RoadScholar wrote:He was observed looming?

¡Sterngard! come home.

TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:43 pm

My laptop is currently locked in the back seat of my car inside a locked garage. The most sensitive data that might be there are student's grades, and they are not encrypted. Something for me to do there. Apart from that, I think a USSS agent would never do what I do.

“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:59 pm

When my husband worked for mega-corp his laptop was encrypted. It was a pain when his car was broken into while he was at a restaurant, but no corporate data was at risk. I would hope that sensitive government data would be equally protected.

MAGA - Morons Are Governing America

Flatpointhigh
Occupation: Voice Actor, Podcaster, I hold a Ph.D in Procrastination.

Post by Flatpointhigh » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:18 pm

dumbass agent left it in her car overnight. how convenient that the unencrypted materials include HRC... and if the theif didn't know what he stole, he does now, and is shopping it

"It is wrong to say God made rich and poor; He only made male and female, and He gave them the Earth as their inheritance."- Thomas Paine, Forward to Agrarian Justice
Cancer broke me

Fortinbras

Post by Fortinbras » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:20 pm

I am curious why the SS was keeping info on the Hillary Clinton email investigation. This was, it seemed, an FBI concern and outside the SS's limited range.

It might be Very Interesting if the Trump Tower information worked its way into Wikileaks.

Flatpointhigh

Post by Flatpointhigh » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:25 pm

Fortinbras wrote:I am curious why the SS was keeping info on the Hillary Clinton email investigation. This was, it seemed, an FBI concern and outside the SS's limited range.
didn't say what was what with regard to HRC, but there were also "records" pertaining to Trump, and Pope Francis.
It might be Very Interesting if the Trump Tower information worked its way into Wikileaks.
Nothing involving Trump will end up on Wikileaks. Not when Assange's father was seated next to Flynn at the RT dinner (he was identified in that photo)

"It is wrong to say God made rich and poor; He only made male and female, and He gave them the Earth as their inheritance."- Thomas Paine, Forward to Agrarian Justice
Cancer broke me

Addie

Post by Addie » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:51 am

NBC News
Woman Left Dangling by Shoelaces After She Jumped White House Fence

In what could have been its easiest arrest ever, the Secret Service found a woman dangling by her shoelaces from the White House fence after she tried to jump it Tuesday night, authorities said Wednesday.

Marci Anderson Wahl, of Everett, Washington, pleaded not guilty and was released on a misdemeanor charge of unlawful entry Wednesday in D.C. Superior Court, according to court records.

A Secret Service official told NBC News that a woman tried to jump over the southwest corner of the White House fence at about 10:45 p.m. ET Tuesday. "The individual became entangled in security features affixed to the top of the fence, suspending them in the air on the inside of the fence," the official said.

No further information was available about the investigation, which the Secret Service official said was ongoing.

Wahl faces an April 27 status hearing and was ordered to stay away from the White House until then, according to court records.

¡Sterngard! come home.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:24 pm

How long until intruders begin to enter the Southern White House. I wonder if Mar-A-Lago now has extra 24/7 Secret Service observation in addition to the resorts own security staff in times that scrotus is absent of his wits territory.

Flatpointhigh

Post by Flatpointhigh » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:33 pm

RTH10260 wrote:How long until intruders begin to enter the Southern White House. I wonder if Mar-A-Lago now has extra 24/7 Secret Service observation in addition to the resorts own security staff in times that scrotus is absent of his wits territory.
They got "Stand Your Ground" so Secret Service won't be necessary.

Cancer broke me

Addie

Post by Addie » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:41 pm

NBC News
White House Fence Jumper Tries Again, This Time at Treasury

A Washington State woman under a court order to stay away from the area of the White House was arrested for the third time in a week overnight after she scaled a fence at the nearby U.S. Treasury, the Secret Service said Sunday.

Uniformed Secret Service officers arrested the woman after an alarm was sounded about 2:15 a.m. Sunday, the agency said. The woman had successfully scaled the fence at the Treasury's southeast corner, at 15th Street NW a block east of the White House, the agency said.

She was charged with unlawful entry and contempt of court, said the Secret Service, which confirmed that she was the same woman who was arrested Tuesday night after she was left dangling on the inside of a fence at the White House when her shoelaces got tangled up in the fence.

Court records identified that woman as Marci Anderson Wahl of Everett, Washington. Wahl pleaded not guilty to misdemeanor unlawful entry on Wednesday and was ordered to stay away from the area around the White House.

¡Sterngard! come home.

Terrastomp

Post by Terrastomp » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:47 pm

Marci has issues :roll: she also has twitter, FB and a youtube account. the answer is ASTROLOGY, and she really wants her guy to hear her out. Recently divorced it seems, wonder why :confused: https://twitter.com/MarciAn98749096

Addie

Post by Addie » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:20 am

The Hill
White House on lockdown over suspicious package

The Secret Service placed the White House on lockdown Tuesday due to a suspicious package.
".@SecretService investigating suspicious package near @WhiteHouse grounds. Road closures in effect," the agency tweeted.

.@SecretService investigating suspicious package near @WhiteHouse grounds. Road closures in effect.
— U.S. Secret Service (@SecretService) March 28, 2017
Roads around the White House were closed off and staff and media members were blocked from entering the complex.

¡Sterngard! come home.

HeatherGray

Post by HeatherGray » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:22 am

Addie wrote:The Hill
Poots using an unusual method to deliver their petitions?

Addie

Post by Addie » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:24 pm

CNN
Secret Service agent on VP's detail caught after meeting with prostitute at Maryland hotel

Washington (CNN) CNN has learned from multiple law enforcement sources that a Secret Service agent on Vice President Mike Pence's detail has been suspended from official duties after meeting a prostitute at a Maryland hotel. One law enforcement source says the agent was caught when police saw him exiting the prostitute's room.

The police responded to a call from the hotel manager who became suspicious of activity in one of the rooms. The source said this was not a sting.

The agent was arrested and was charged with solicitation. He then self-reported his arrest to the Secret Service, the source said.

At the time of the incident, which occurred late last week, the agent was off-duty and did not present himself in his official capacity, according to law enforcement sources. ...

According to the spokesperson, the employee was required to surrender his weapon and official gear and was placed on administrative leave. The employee's security clearance and access to all Secret Service facilities has also been suspended.

¡Sterngard! come home.

Addie

Post by Addie » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:51 pm

New York Times
First Family’s Needs Strain Secret Service

WASHINGTON — Eleven weeks into the Trump presidency, the Secret Service is grappling with how to constrain the rising costs and unexpected strain that have come with protecting a new first family as large, mobile and high-profile as any in modern American history.

To keep up, dozens of agents from New York and field offices across the country are being temporarily pulled off criminal investigations to serve two-week stints protecting members of the Trump family, including the first lady and the youngest son in Manhattan’s Trump Tower.

Others, already assigned to the highly selective presidential protective division, had hoped for relief after a grueling election year. That hope has evaporated as they work more overtime hours and spend long stretches away from home because of the Trump family’s far-flung travel.

And in Washington, agency leaders are already negotiating for tens of millions of dollars in supplemental funding to help offset the sky-high costs of securing Trump Tower and other high-profile family assets like Mar-a-Lago in Florida. It is a figure that will only continue to rise.

“They are flat-out worn out,” said Representative Jason Chaffetz, Republican of Utah, the chairman of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform. The committee’s top-ranking Democratic member, Representative Elijah Cummings of Maryland, gave an analogy: “It’s like being on a bike that you never get off of.”

¡Sterngard! come home.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:58 pm

Addie wrote:New York Times

WASHINGTON — Eleven weeks into the Trump presidency, the Secret Service is grappling with how to constrain the rising costs and unexpected strain that have come with protecting a new first family as large, mobile and high-profile as any in modern American history.

To keep up, dozens of agents from New York and field offices across the country are being temporarily pulled off criminal investigations to serve two-week stints protecting members of the Trump family, including the first lady and the youngest son in Manhattan’s Trump Tower.

Others, already assigned to the highly selective presidential protective division, had hoped for relief after a grueling election year. That hope has evaporated as they work more overtime hours and spend long stretches away from home because of the Trump family’s far-flung travel.

And in Washington, agency leaders are already negotiating for tens of millions of dollars in supplemental funding to help offset the sky-high costs of securing Trump Tower and other high-profile family assets like Mar-a-Lago in Florida. It is a figure that will only continue to rise.

“They are flat-out worn out,” said Representative Jason Chaffetz, Republican of Utah, the chairman of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform. The committee’s top-ranking Democratic member, Representative Elijah Cummings of Maryland, gave an analogy: “It’s like being on a bike that you never get off of.”
Our tax dollars at work. :(

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:58 pm

Volkonski wrote:

It's time to drain the golf course!

Azastan

Post by Azastan » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:48 pm

Sam the Centipede wrote:
Volkonski wrote:
I think it's high time for Melania and Barron to move to the White House. It's also high time to get Uday and Qusay off the list of people who need to have SS protection (they ARE adults, after all).

What's going to happen when the money runs out?

Sunrise

Post by Sunrise » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:29 pm

Azastan wrote:
I think it's high time for Melania and Barron to move to the White House. It's also high time to get Uday and Qusay off the list of people who need to have SS protection (they ARE adults, after all).
Or the feelthy rich SFV could spend some of his meeeeeelions to protect them. After all, isn't it a paternal duty to make sure your offspring are well taken care of? Hah! Fat chance of that. :smokeears: :cussing: :twoup:

"I am no longer accepting the things I cannot change. I am changing the things I cannot accept."
Angela Davis

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:20 pm

Azastan wrote:
Sam the Centipede wrote:
Volkonski wrote:

What's going to happen when the money runs out?
They surely can divert some money for the southern border away to make an enclosure around the Trumping Tower and the South Wing of the WH. :sarcasm:

Addie

Post by Addie » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:47 pm

CBS News
Secret Service costs for Trump family protection continue to mount

With Eric Trump’s trip to the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland this week, the international hotel and car rental costs for the Secret Service agents who protect him and his brother Donald Trump Jr. have topped $190,000 since January 1st, according to a review of purchasing orders by CBS News.

All of those bills are paid by taxpayers.

Documents for Eric Trump’s trip this week to Dublin show that $4,029.85 was spent on limousines for his visit and $11,261 to cover the hotel costs of the Secret Service agents who protect him. ...

The Government Accountability Office has begun work on a report that will look at the cost to taxpayers of travel by President Trump’s family. ...

One purchase order reviewed by CBS News shows the US Secret Service has spent $35,185 on golf cart rentals “for POTUS visit” in Palm Beach County, Florida since the President’s inauguration.

Another purchase order showed a charge of $64,000 for “Elevator services- Trump Tower” in December 2016. A Secret Service official told CBS News that “elevator inspection is one of many protective operational measures utilized by the Secret Service.”

¡Sterngard! come home.

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:00 am

Addie wrote:CBS News
Secret Service costs for Trump family protection continue to mount

With Eric Trump’s trip to the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland this week, the international hotel and car rental costs for the Secret Service agents who protect him and his brother Donald Trump Jr. have topped $190,000 since January 1st, according to a review of purchasing orders by CBS News.

All of those bills are paid by taxpayers.

Documents for Eric Trump’s trip this week to Dublin show that $4,029.85 was spent on limousines for his visit and $11,261 to cover the hotel costs of the Secret Service agents who protect him. ...

The Government Accountability Office has begun work on a report that will look at the cost to taxpayers of travel by President Trump’s family. ...

One purchase order reviewed by CBS News shows the US Secret Service has spent $35,185 on golf cart rentals “for POTUS visit” in Palm Beach County, Florida since the President’s inauguration.

Another purchase order showed a charge of $64,000 for “Elevator services- Trump Tower” in December 2016. A Secret Service official told CBS News that “elevator inspection is one of many protective operational measures utilized by the Secret Service.”
They could BUY 7 or 8 golf carts for what they've already spent on rentals.

Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:13 am

Sugar Magnolia wrote: :snippity:
They could BUY 7 or 8 golf carts for what they've already spent on rentals.
I'm sure that the Trumps would then charge them access fees for driving around on Trump property. Fleecing the government for any money his family and their companies can squeeze from them appears to be a key aim of Trump's activities. He'd get his cut somehow.

Return to “President & Executive Branch”