WITHDRAWN - Amash 2020

Slim Cognito

WITHDRAWN - Amash 2020

Post by Slim Cognito »

Amash is throwing his hat into the ring as an independent.

:brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall:
ImageImageImage x4

pipistrelle

Re: Amash 2020

Post by pipistrelle »

He’s arrogant.

Turtle

Post by Turtle »

He's not running independent, he's running for the LP nomination.

It's a wash. He will pull votes equally from Biden and Trump. Because there will be real conservatives who might vote for Biden but will vote Amash if he's on the ballot. This on top of registered LP, who would turn out in record numbers to vote for him. He could throw Maine, NH to Biden. Not sure about Michigan. I think if it's polling D+7 in October, Biden will carry that state no matter what.

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Sekrit Stuffs!
Cheri Jacobus✔@CheriJacobus
Less than 24 hours after @justinamash announced and his team is already anti-Biden on twitter. They are silent about Trump. Not just bots/trolls - actual official accounts.
Never doubt me, people. Amash is a Trump plant.

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Reading the replies, they allege that Amash is in the very deep pockets of DeVos and She is the real puppet master behind this run.
The difference between the Middle Ages, and the Age of the Internet, is that in the Middle Ages no-one thought the Earth was flat.

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA »

Some people were happy with him when he left the party; some people were not. Hopefully, it will be a wash, but I'd hate to see him pull in Michigan. I think that's unlikely, but I wouldn't bet on anything in politics these days.

Spoiler.
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine

bob

Post by bob »

So the Libertarians have non-binding primaries. Meaning anyone can swoop into the convention and walk away with the nomination. Its current "leader" (in beauty contests won) is semi-perennial candidate Jacob Hornberger.

Its convention was to held in May in Austin, but their hotel just canceled on them. So the party wants to reschedule for July.
Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

Suranis wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:01 pm
Reading the replies, they allege that Amash is in the very deep pockets of DeVos and She is the real puppet master behind this run.
I don't think that's right, although "people" may be saying it. When he read the Mueller Report and came out in support of impeachment on those grounds, he was kicked out of the party. He supposedly lost his donors (including DeVos). I am sure Marcy Wheeler, who is from Grand Rapids (as is Amash) has something about this. I will go look.
I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

No word from Marcy Wheeler about this either on her blog or Twitter, which is kind of odd.

bob

Post by bob »

I can't believe we missed this. :bag:

boots

Post by boots »

I wonder if that McAfee guy is going to promise to run again, using holographic speeches 'n shit. Imagine if he won! The first US President not allowed on the continent due to being a fugitive from the US. Trump would be so jelly.

scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

I saw this on twitter but can't find it now. Kookesh and McAfee teamed up (sorry for the link to the nonsense site).
https://independentpoliticalreport.com/ ... ning-mate/

Turtle

Post by Turtle »

I remember like 4 or 5 years ago Adam Kokesh declared from his jail cell he was running for POTUS in 2020.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

In this time of a global pandemic, climate change, and depression, there's NOTHING so healing and helpful as the message of small government. Sing it, Brother Justin! Sing it!

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 »

I keep reading this as “Amish 2020” and wonder what the heck the Plain folk are up to.
"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

bob

Post by bob »

538: Justin Amash Could Cause Some Trouble In November:
But it’s not clear whether Trump or Biden should be more concerned
The kicker is a succinct summary.

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

And... he’s out.
MAGA - Morons Are Governing America

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

:wave:

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Justin Amash
@justinamash
Profile picture
42 minutes ago, 13 tweets, 2 min read

Thanks for your support as I’ve been exploring a run for president as the potential nominee of the Libertarian Party.

I’ve spent nearly three weeks assessing the race, appearing in media, talking to delegates and donors, watching the Libertarian Party’s convention plan unfold, and gathering feedback from family, friends, and other advisers.

After much reflection, I’ve concluded that circumstances don’t lend themselves to my success as a candidate for president this year, and therefore I will not be a candidate.

This was a difficult decision for me, especially having seen grassroots supporters put so much effort into this campaign. It’s been humbling and awesome.

I continue to believe that a candidate from outside the old parties, offering a vision of government grounded in liberty and equality, can break through in the right environment.

But this environment presents extraordinary challenges.

Polarization is near an all-time high. Electoral success requires an audience willing to consider alternatives, but both social media and traditional media are dominated by voices strongly averse to the political risks posed by a viable third candidate.

The new reality of social distancing levels the playing field among the candidates in many respects, but it also means lesser known candidates are more dependent on adequate media opportunities to reach people.

Today, most Americans are understandably more interested in what life will look like tomorrow than they are in broader policy debates, and news coverage has reflected those priorities. At the same time, fundraising challenges posed by an idled economy will hinder advertising.

The Libertarian Party’s national committee members and delegates have worked diligently to organize the national convention,…
but lingering uncertainty regarding ratification of online voting, the feasibility of 50-state ballot access and related legal challenges, and unity after the nomination have also weighed heavily on me. We must address these issues as a party to ensure we maximize our potential.

I’ve been speaking directly to delegates about this opportunity for only a short time, but these conversations have solidified my belief that the Libertarian Party is well positioned to become a major and consistent contender to win elections at all levels of government.

I remain invested in helping the party realize these possibilities and look forward to the successes ahead.

If you aren’t already a member of the @LPNational, I encourage you to join me in becoming one so we can continue working together toward freedom, peace, and prosperity.

With appreciation,

Justin
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

Uh yeah, no thanks Justin!

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Long-winded way to say disliked and out of touch.

Suranis

Re: WITHDRAWN - Amash 2020

Post by Suranis »

Translation - I didn't realize so many people would see right through my attempt to help Trump so I'm bailing. Libertarians better get someone else who people can't see though to act as a spoiler for trump. Please love me again.
The difference between the Middle Ages, and the Age of the Internet, is that in the Middle Ages no-one thought the Earth was flat.

Frater I*I

Post by Frater I*I »

He won't be missed.....
Gazer Into the SovCit Abyss

Turtle

Post by Turtle »

The LP tried to nominate him today and he told them he wouldn't accept. So they nominate Jo Jorgensen:

We wish to congratulate Dr. @Jo4liberty on winning the nomination of the Libertarian Party for the position of President of the United States on our ballot tonight.#Election2020 #memorialdayweekend2020 #Libertarian
11:16 PM - May 23, 2020
I guess she couldn't be worse than Bill Weld or Gary Johnson.

Return to “President & Executive Branch”