Latest Trump Fantasy Project

Notorial Dissent

Latest Trump Fantasy Project

Post #1 by Notorial Dissent » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:39 am

In LaRump's latest attempt to do it his way, he is now talking about creating an "independent military cyber command that won't answer to the NSA" or probably anybody but him(my parenthetical).
If this isn't at all scary I don't know what is. I don't know which is more terrifying, the potential for abuse or for overwhelming incompetence.
Daily Mail atrticle

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Chilidog

Re: Latest Trump Fantasy Project

Post #2 by Chilidog » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:44 am

That doesn't sound cheap

Does he really think Congress will give him money for that without oversight?

Notorial Dissent

Post #3 by Notorial Dissent » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:54 am

Chilidog wrote:That doesn't sound cheap

Does he really think Congress will give him money for that without oversight?

A better question is "does he think" and I think we already know what the answer is.

In answer to your question, I can't see Congress spending any more money on that than they have of the "wall", I have a feeling that the costs would be astronomical at the very least to put it mildly, and I can't imagine any internal support for it either. Howsumever, we are not dealing with a rational or realistic mind here so that does have to be taken in to consideration.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Flatpointhigh
Occupation: Voice Actor, Podcaster, I hold a Ph.D in Procrastination.

Post #4 by Flatpointhigh » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:50 am

Notorial Dissent wrote:In LaRump's latest attempt to do it his way, he is now talking about creating an "independent military cyber command that won't answer to the NSA" or probably anybody but him(my parenthetical).
If this isn't at all scary I don't know what is. I don't know which is more terrifying, the potential for abuse or for overwhelming incompetence.
Daily Mail atrticle

it's the combination.

"It is wrong to say God made rich and poor; He only made male and female, and He gave them the Earth as their inheritance."- Thomas Paine, Forward to Agrarian Justice
Cancer broke me

NotaPerson

Post #5 by NotaPerson » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:22 pm

The headline is very misleading.

As the article notes, the idea was proposed by Ash Carter to Obama. It's not Trump's idea.

Though I'm not sure whether I agree or disagree with the idea, there are some solid reasons behind it.

noblepa

Post #6 by noblepa » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:19 pm

NotaPerson wrote:The headline is very misleading.

As the article notes, the idea was proposed by Ash Carter to Obama. It's not Trump's idea.

Though I'm not sure whether I agree or disagree with the idea, there are some solid reasons behind it.

A cyber-command is, in itself, not a bad idea. What makes this idea bad is the proposed lack of accountability.

Doesn't the military already have something like this, but with accountability?

RTH10260

Post #7 by RTH10260 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:51 pm

Notorial Dissent wrote:In LaRump's latest attempt to do it his way, he is now talking about creating an "independent military cyber command that won't answer to the NSA" or probably anybody but him(my parenthetical).
Daily Mail atrticle

IIRC the military already has some cyber war capabilities. But without the computing power of the NSA they will go nowhere. And there will be no budget to duplicate those supercomputers. Plus: the special intelligence knowlege and knowhow cannot be duplicated. That remains in the human brains of those analysts. There wont be sufficient if any brains that will want to be ordered around by incompetent commanders. Commander-in-Chief included.

Brainfart DOA.

PS. Why not let Putin do that job? :doh:

Return to “President & Executive Branch”