The FBI vs Hillary Rodham Clinton

Slarti the White

Re: The FBI vs Hillary Rodham Clinton

Post by Slarti the White »

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Slartibartfast wrote:
Tarrant wrote:The fact that Giuliani is actively touting the fact that FBI people are leaking things directly to the Trump campaign should be grounds for serious investigation. This is really serious stuff - of course, since Comey seems to be part of the endeavor to take down Clinton, he won't do much, but any actual leader should be on the mic RIGHT NOW talking about how indefensible it is, and within the organization heads should be rolling.

But they won't.
They should be appointing a special prosecutor to investigate COMEY (and on down the line).
Giuliani isn't a member of the press. Put him before a grand jury and ask him questions about who leaked to him, who tattled to them, etc., etc.

I'd like to see (or hear about) Mr. Verbnoun911 squirm.
Yes please. :pray:
"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."
---Sun Tzu (quoting Thomas Jefferson)
nam-myoho-renge-kyo---Thomas Jefferson (quoting Slartibartfast)

tek

Post by tek »

In fact, Baier said, after checking with his sources, there is no evidence at this time for either statement.
But, as Kellyanne has told us, that doesn't matter. Once people hear it, they can't/don't/won't un-hear it.
So it becomes fact.

on approximately Walter Cronkite's birthday, this all just hurts my soul.
There's no way back
from there to here

YellowMustard

Post by YellowMustard »

Jason Chaffetz Verified account
‏@jasoninthehouse

FBI Dir just informed us "Based on our review, we have not changed our conclusions that we expressed in July with respect to Sec Clinton"
EDIT: Here's a pic of today's note sent to congress
fbi.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
----IANAL----

Call me old fashioned, but I always thought patriotism was something we share, not use against each other. - Mrs. Betty Bowers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xV8HHFtg7w

listeme

Post by listeme »

We got to him!

:boxing:
We're used to being told it's our fault that men don't listen to us.

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

"not changed our conclusions" - Trumpkins will think that says SHE IS GUILTY!!!, Hillbots will think that says SHE IS INNOCENT!!!
The difference between the Middle Ages, and the Age of the Internet, is that in the Middle Ages no-one thought the Earth was flat.

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

November 9, 2016:

From: Barack H. Obama, President of the United States of America
To: James B. Comey, Director Federal Bureau of Investigation

Dear Director Comey:

I have reviewed your actions regarding the handling of the investigation into the emails sent and received by Secretary Hillary Clinton. My conclusion remains the same. You fucked up big time and you are fired.

Best regards,

BHO
"“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention.”

Heather Heyer, November 2016

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

Reality Check wrote:
November 9, 2016:

Dear Director Comey:

I have reviewed your actions regarding the handling of the investigation into the emails sent and received by Secretary Hillary Clinton. My conclusion remains the same. You fucked up big time and you are fired.

Best regards,

BHO
:like:
I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB »

In all honesty I have lost a great deal of respect for the FBI. I wonder how many others have too.
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

RVInit

Post by RVInit »

I have totally lost respect for the FBI. I am all for what Sugar says about "promoting" the members of Trumplandia to varied positions in scattered places. That rat's nest needs to be broken up.
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Sequoia32

Post by Sequoia32 »

RVInit wrote:I have totally lost respect for the FBI. I am all for what Sugar says about "promoting" the members of Trumplandia to varied positions in scattered places. That rat's nest needs to be broken up.
:yeah:
So far every case of Ebola in this country got it by helping people. So relax, Republicans, you're in the clear. - Tina Dupuy

Sunrise

Post by Sunrise »

TexasFilly wrote:
Reality Check wrote:
November 9, 2016:

Dear Director Comey:

Best regards,

BHO
:girlbutt:

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB »

RVInit wrote:I have totally lost respect for the FBI. I am all for what Sugar says about "promoting" the members of Trumplandia to varied positions in scattered places. That rat's nest needs to be broken up.
Nikita had a place in the middle of his country that needed populating. I don't expect Putin to provide such accommodations for certain members of the FBI once Hillary takes office.
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito »

ZekeB wrote:In all honesty I have lost a great deal of respect for the FBI. I wonder how many others have too.

Count me in.
Hubs (and me) at the Rockabilly Fest
ImageImageImage x4

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

The Dow futures are up 223 right now. I wonder why? :-
"“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention.”

Heather Heyer, November 2016

esseff44

Post by esseff44 »

Reality Check wrote:The Dow futures are up 223 right now. I wonder why? :-
The market has not been happy with a possible Trump administration and a lot of folks have moved to cash positions and to gold as always in a time of uncertainty. When Hillary gets over the EV hump, we can expect a big happy day for the market as well as an anxious international community.

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

esseff44 wrote:
The market has not been happy with a possible Trump administration and a lot of folks have moved to cash positions and to gold as always in a time of uncertainty. When Hillary gets over the EV hump, we can expect a big happy day for the market as well as an anxious international community.
And Mr. Filly, who can plan his early retirement because healthcare. :| :P
I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

esseff44 wrote:
Best way to bet on the election is to buy S&P Indexes Monday about an hour before close. (The Indexes will jump in price tomorrow morning and then poop out by the end of the day. They will go up a little on Tuesday and go nuts Wednesday morning.)

If Princess Foofypants reads this -- what do you think? (She's in this business.)

SueDB

Post by SueDB »

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
esseff44 wrote:
Best way to bet on the election is to buy S&P Indexes Monday about an hour before close. (The Indexes will jump in price tomorrow morning and then poop out by the end of the day. They will go up a little on Tuesday and go nuts Wednesday morning.)

If Princess Foofypants reads this -- what do you think? (She's in this business.)
If you have confidence in Hillz...put money into the market tomorrow AM.
“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

Kriselda Gray
Location: FEMA Camp 2112 - a joint project of the U.S. and Canada

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Plutodog wrote:I could let Comey slide if they'd go after the renegade agents in NYC and anywhere else who think they know everything and can leak it to political operatives/press, etc.
Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand... - "Witch Hunt" by Rush

Thor promised to slay the Ice Giants
God promised to quell all evil
I'm not seeing any Ice Giants... :thor:

Kriselda Gray

Post by Kriselda Gray »

ZekeB wrote:In all honesty I have lost a great deal of respect for the FBI. I wonder how many others have too.
I've lost a lot of respect for the NYC office and much of the leadership, though I still have a great deal of respect for the vast majority of the agents and the work hey do. It saddens me a lot, though. I've often wished that I had known as much about crime and world politics as I do know (which, admittedly, still isn't all that much) and had been able to be on an educational and career track that would have allowed me to work in an analytical position for the FBI or CIA. (I have no desire to be an actual cop or spy, but I would have loved being able of be one of the people who helps bring all the information together to figure out what it means....)

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia »

Kriselda Gray wrote:
I've lost a lot of respect for the NYC office and much of the leadership, though I still have a great deal of respect for the vast majority of the agents and the work hey do. It saddens me a lot, though. I've often wished that I had known as much about crime and world politics as I do know (which, admittedly, still isn't all that much) and had been able to be on an educational and career track that would have allowed me to work in an analytical position for the FBI or CIA. (I have no desire to be an actual cop or spy, but I would have loved being able of be one of the people who helps bring all the information together to figure out what it means....)
Actually, the FBI is more like a bunch of CPAs and accountants with guns than it is cops with college degrees. They have always been much stronger as an investigatory agency than enforcement. They are at the top of their game when they are digging through esoteric financial records or analyzing forensic evidence or negotiating for the release of hostages. When they are involved in foot chases, gun battles or felony take-down arrests, not so much.

Kriselda Gray

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Sugar Magnolia wrote:
Kriselda Gray wrote:
Actually, the FBI is more like a bunch of CPAs and accountants with guns than it is cops with college degrees. They have always been much stronger as an investigatory agency than enforcement. They are at the top of their game when they are digging through esoteric financial records or analyzing forensic evidence or negotiating for the release of hostages. When they are involved in foot chases, gun battles or felony take-down arrests, not so much.
Those are the kind of things I'd've been most interested in doing - the more mental aspects rather than the physical :)

Return to “General Politics”