The FBI vs Hillary Rodham Clinton

Suranis

The FBI vs Hillary Rodham Clinton

Post by Suranis »

I think this deserves its own thread.

Over the past few weeks, reports of a major split between parts of the FBI have surfaced, with the anti-HRC faction concentrated around the New York office. Essentially, it has grown from FBI guys who were constantly trying to find something on Hillary, when were constantly infuriated when those guys presented their findings to the prosecutors who pretty much told them they had nothing. But they kept at it for little other reason other than personal hatred.

The FBI for the past year has focused their investigation into the book "Clinton Cash" which alleges that the Clintons have traded politcal favours for donations into the Clinton Foundation, which the book alleges is their own private slush fund. Needless to say they haven't found much. The author of the book, Peter Schweizer, works at a think tank founded and chaired by none other than Stephen Bannon, the campaign manager of Donald Trump. Schweizer is also the author of ""Makers and Takers: Why Conservatives Work Harder, Feel Happier, Have Closer Families, Take Fewer Drugs, Give More Generously, Value Honesty More, Are Less Materialistic And Envious, Whine Less...And Even Hug Their Children More Than Liberals," which shows he is totally impartial.

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2016/11 ... Foundation

Their line into the Trump campaign is through Guliani, who was a Gman and who formed close ties with the New York office during his time as mayor. This Anti-HRC faction has been a source of constant leaks about the FBI email investigation, and has links with a reporter at the WSJ.

More here: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... anboy.html

Its even getting reported internationally. Here is the Guardian on the open civil war in the FBI, and says they are actively trying to throw the election for HRC.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... nald-trump

This is, as they say, a big effing deal.
Learn to Swear in Latin. Profanity with class!
https://blogs.transparent.com/latin/lat ... -in-latin/

Suranis

Re: The FBI vs Hillary Rodham Clinton

Post by Suranis »

Also, the FBI is investigating its own Twitter account. Yes, the Twitter account that released the documents on the Mark Rich pardon investigation of Bill Clinton the other day is under investigation. It appears that the account had been dormant until it sent out a tweet calling Trump's father a "philanthropist" a few days before it did the doc dump on the Rich investigation.

https://thinkprogress.org/fbi-launches- ... .7c4j97o1h

ooookaaaayyy...
Learn to Swear in Latin. Profanity with class!
https://blogs.transparent.com/latin/lat ... -in-latin/

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Thanks, Suranis. I had a presentiment that a thread on this topic would appear before midnight. Trumplandia indeed. Well, what's going on in the FBI explains a lot. :madguy: :madguy: :madguy:
No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:
ImageImageImage

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar »

Cross-posting my reply to esseff from the DJT vs HRC thread because the Giuliani connexion is so alarming:

Sources inside the FBI say there is a coterie of Trump supporters in the FBI who are Breitbart.com devotees and consider HRC to be the spawn of Satan. So much so that the New York office was termed, and I quote, "Trumplandia."

That it is being done in coordination with the Trump campaign is evidenced by Rudy Giuliani saying two days before Comey dropped his flaming bag of dog shit on the porch of America's most vital expression of Democracy that there was a big bombshell about to drop in "two or three days" and (quoting again) that they had "a couple of things up our sleeve."

"Our."

As in: the Trump campaign, the GOP and "a large swath" (as the source put it) of the FBI. That's what the hell Rudy means in saying "our." These guys have given up all pretense at being non-partisan. They know it is almost 100% certain that there is nothing actually criminal to be found in the new emails or in Hillary's involvement with the Foundation while SoS, but they do not care. It is an obvious & naked attempt at defeating the Democratic candidate, and it is inexpressibly repellent and disheartening.
The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

Thanks for posting this Suranis. I thought about posting a link to the Guardian article in the Clinton email thread this morning. This absolutely stinks. President Clinton is going to have some major housecleaning to do at the FBI. She can start with the top asshole Comey if President Obama doesn't fire his ass first.
"“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention.”

Heather Heyer, November 2016

YellowMustard

Post by YellowMustard »

Reality Check wrote:Thanks for posting this Suranis. I thought about posting a link to the Guardian article in the Clinton email thread this morning. This absolutely stinks. President Clinton is going to have some major housecleaning to do at the FBI. She can start with the top asshole Comey if President Obama doesn't fire his ass first.
And the right will say Hillary purged the people investigating her.

This is all just so shitty.
----IANAL----

Call me old fashioned, but I always thought patriotism was something we share, not use against each other. - Mrs. Betty Bowers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xV8HHFtg7w

Karen Walker

Post by Karen Walker »

Guess I'll cross post this one from the Trump thread here too:
Karen Walker wrote:Whoa... :shock: a long'ish read but this explains so much about the ugliness coming out of the NY FBI office & its incestuous dynamic. It also provides a good idea why Trump isn't investigated as vigorously (if at all) by the FBI.
Meet Donald Trump’s Top FBI Fanboy
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... ce=twitter
Madame President is gonna need to clean house & fumigate on day one. Although I wouldn't object if Bamz & Loretta gave her a head start on November 9th.
:boxing:

Karen Walker

Post by Karen Walker »

Debunking starts (finally)...
Despite Trump's Claims, Evidence From FBI's Clinton Foundation Probe 'Not Impressive,' Sources Say

On the campaign trail today, Donald Trump touted allegations about the Clinton Foundation that reliable sources say are false and ill-informed.

https://www.google.com/amp/abcnews.go.c ... ent=safari

kate520

Post by kate520 »

The FBI's palace intrigues are public now, no turning back. Once they stumbled the first, second, third times they probably figured WTH we're screwed anyway, full speed ahead, boys! If it works, we don't worry. Don Douche will show his appreciation.
DEFEND DEMOCRACY

Karen Walker

Post by Karen Walker »

Jake Tapper tweeted earlier today (paraphrasing) he has heard on-going comments for a few weeks that there is conflict between CIA (pro-Clinton) & FBI (pro-Trump).

Looks like our allies are now more concerned about Trump being elected than our own agencies.
@MaddowBlog: More: US allies in Western Europe concerned about "what's going on in Trump's head," gathering intelligence on him. https://t.co/s5PdGEmvon
Cannot wait for Kurt's article to drop tomorrow!
:boxing:

Fortinbras

Post by Fortinbras »

It also appears that only part of the FBI is anti-Clinton, at least enough to interfere in the election.

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia »

No need to fire all the agents. Give them promotions to SAC and ship their stupid asses off to field offices in places like Hattiesburg, MS or Tyler, TX.

Disrupting their lives and breaking up their little gang would be much more effective than terminating them, and who the hell can make a scandal out of a promotion?

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito »

A couple of stories I saw this morning at TPM

First, a Trump surrogate insists Clinton is facing indictment, despite being corrected over and over. Turns out she "heard" it so it must be true.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/r ... o-its-true

Second, Kellyanne admits the indictment story is false but doesn't care because once people hear it they can't unhear it and that's good for Trump.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/k ... ry-clinton
my electric typewriter is on the fritz so I fired up Windows 95 ImageImageImage x4

RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Sugar Magnolia wrote:No need to fire all the agents. Give them promotions to SAC and ship their stupid asses off to field offices in places like Hattiesburg, MS or Tyler, TX.

Disrupting their lives and breaking up their little gang would be much more effective than terminating them, and who the hell can make a scandal out of a promotion?
Perfect solution, I love it. :thumbs:
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

tek

Post by tek »

Slim Cognito wrote:Second, Kellyanne admits the indictment story is false but doesn't care because once people hear it they can't unhear it and that's good for Trump.
Kellyanne is quite the dirtball, isn't she? :madguy:
There's no way back
from there to here

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

If they're trying to prevent Hillary being elected, it's too little, too late.

Moreover, the press is accurately reporting this as a rogue faction within the FBI that has been repeatedly rejected by real prosecutors.

Of course, the FBI can't indict anyone at all. They can gather evidence and present it to a prosecutor at the Justice Dept. The prosecutor, if convinced by the evidence, can submit it to a federal grand jury. Note: Not a common law grand jury at a Denny's. A real, federal grand jury.

So nothing is going to happen until Hillary is elected. After that, maybe President Obama will take some corrective action. If not, Hillary will get to name her own Attorney General and Director of the FBI. As I've said many times, Hillary is not so laid back as Barack. She's going to kick ass and chew bubble gum, and now she has a good place to start.

Ol' Wifehorn, bless her heart, is PISSED about this shit coming down with less than a week to go. She's seriously upset.

I told her, nope. I'm not stressing about the FBI blackguards. I'm not stressing about any polls. I'm working for my precinct and getting ready for Tuesday and everything's copacetic.

I'm enjoying the hell out of this election. It's WAY crazier than 2008, which was the craziest election in my lifetime. But in 2008, it was a lot scarier. People were talking about "the Bradley Effect" and everybody knew the country was falling off a cliff and nobody knew how far down we were going to fall. I knew if McCain somehow pulled it out, we'd be fucked as a country. Just absolutely fucked, and it might have taken generations to recover from it.

This time around, Hillary has it in the bag. I have never once, for a single minute, believed it was possible that the Apricot Asshat was going to be president of this great land of ours. He's going to lose, and he's going to lose bigly.

So I told ol' Wifehorn, "I'm having fun this election and I refuse to stress about the FBI, about polls, about anything." I'm still working, of course, because I'm a precinct chair and because you never take your foot off the gas pedal until you cross the finish line. I'll be at my polling place on Tuesday morning at 6:10 a.m. setting up a 10 foot by 10 foot canopy and a table and chairs and banners and stuff for the Democratic Party, and I'll be there at the closing bell, and maybe several other times during the day.

... and I am going to be smiling all day. I have no nervousness, no hesitation, no doubts. This year is FUN, and ... and ... and ... and WE'RE GOING TO HAVE A LADY PRESIDENT, BY GUM.

I can feel it in mah chicken bones. 8-) :P :blink:
In my defense, I was left unsupervised.

(opens a Fogbow contribution page on PayPal)

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar »

I figured this would be a BFD.

RUDY BOMBSHELL: FBI LEAKED TO TRUMP CAMPAIGN

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/rud ... 0b02c93d6b
X3

RVInit

Post by RVInit »

I likes your spirit, enthusiasm, and predictions, Foggy! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

And thanks for your work on behalf of the election and HRC!!!
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

much ado

Post by much ado »

RVInit wrote:I likes your spirit, enthusiasm, and predictions, Foggy! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

And thanks for your work on behalf of the election and HRC!!!
Me, too! When Foggy's on his perch, all's well with the world! :dance:

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar »

Ain' it da troof. Ain' it da troof. :)
X3

kate520

Post by kate520 »

Sugar Magnolia wrote:No need to fire all the agents. Give them promotions to SAC and ship their stupid asses off to field offices in places like Hattiesburg, MS or Tyler, TX.

:like:

I vote for Sugar for Queen of Fixing Things Right.
DEFEND DEMOCRACY

Tarrant

Post by Tarrant »

The fact that Giuliani is actively touting the fact that FBI people are leaking things directly to the Trump campaign should be grounds for serious investigation. This is really serious stuff - of course, since Comey seems to be part of the endeavor to take down Clinton, he won't do much, but any actual leader should be on the mic RIGHT NOW talking about how indefensible it is, and within the organization heads should be rolling.

But they won't.

Dallasite
Location: About 40,000 light years from the center of the Milky Way Galaxy.
Chemtrails Program
Human Factors and Behavioral Sciences Division

Post by Dallasite »

Tarrant wrote:The fact that Giuliani is actively touting the fact that FBI people are leaking things directly to the Trump campaign should be grounds for serious investigation.
This is what worries me the most. People will always be somewhat biased. It's human nature. I'm sure there are plenty of agents who dislike Trump as much as some dislike Clinton. But to have agents leak information for purely political reasons is so far beyond the pale it's frightening. What other corrupt activities have they been involved with?
"I drank what?!?!" - Soctates, 399 BC

NotaPerson

Post by NotaPerson »

Foggy wrote: I can feel it in mah chicken bones. 8-) :P :blink:
It must be fun being you. 8-)
Am I being detained?

Slarti the White

Post by Slarti the White »

Tarrant wrote:The fact that Giuliani is actively touting the fact that FBI people are leaking things directly to the Trump campaign should be grounds for serious investigation. This is really serious stuff - of course, since Comey seems to be part of the endeavor to take down Clinton, he won't do much, but any actual leader should be on the mic RIGHT NOW talking about how indefensible it is, and within the organization heads should be rolling.

But they won't.
They should be appointing a special prosecutor to investigate COMEY (and on down the line).
"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."
---Sun Tzu (quoting Thomas Jefferson)
nam-myoho-renge-kyo---Thomas Jefferson (quoting Slartibartfast)

Return to “General Politics”