Roy Moore - FORMER AL Supreme Court Chief Justice

Sterngard Friegen

Re: Roy Moore - FORMER AL Supreme Court Chief Justice

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:32 pm

Parker is also not as smart as Moore. Which ain't saying much.

Gregg

Post by Gregg » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:32 pm

I have houseplants smarter than Roy Moore. Jeesh.

Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:16 pm

Moore and Parker are prime examples of why AL politics has such a bad reputation, and why judges should not be elected.And as an aside I have had rocks smarter than either Moore or Parker.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Dr. Blue

Post by Dr. Blue » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:07 am

bob wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:13 pm
Newsweek: Alabama Republicans’ Pick For Roy Moore’s Old Job Is a Lot Like Roy Moore:
The Alabama GOP nominated Associate Justice Tom Parker Wednesday in the primary election for Alabama chief justice. Parker will face off against Judge Bob Vance, an unopposed Democrat who nearly won the position in 2012.
Parker is a total loon, and Bob Vance is decent (fairly low-key - his father was awesome though), so you know what that means in Alabama: Congratulations Chief Justice Parker!

Parker's only redeeming quality is that, while a loon, he's also not very bright. I don't think he's capable of successfully scheming in the ways that Roy Moore was.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:44 am

My impression is that he is a not at all very bright follower.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

bob

Post by bob » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:48 pm

AL.com: Roy Moore says he was duped by Sacha Baron Cohen:
Former Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore announced today he was duped by comic actor Sacha Baron Cohen in his upcoming Showtime series, "Who Is America?"

Moore wrote:In February 2018, I was invited to Washington D. C. to receive an award for my strong support of Israel in commemoration of her 70th anniversary as a nation," Moore said. "Because Alabama has always been at the forefront of support of Israel and because I share a strong belief in God as the Creator and Sustainer of all life, as does Israel, I eventually accepted the invitation. Expenses were paid, and I received no private remuneration for my time or participation. I did not know Sacha Cohen or that a Showtime TV series was being planned to embarrass, humiliate, and mock not only Israel, but also religious conservatives such as Sarah Palin, Joe Walsh, and Dick Cheney.

I am involved in several court cases presently to defend my honor and character against vicious false political attacks by liberals like Cohen. If Showtime airs a defamatory attack on my character, I may very well be involved in another.
Alabamians have been spoofed before numerous times by Cohen on his earlier TV comedy program "Da Ali G Show" and in movies including "Borat" and "Bruno."

For the Showtime series that debuts this Sunday, former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, former Vice President Dick Cheney and U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders were also duped.

Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:25 am

Sounds to me like another limelight junky trying for a fix got took. That oregano will get you every time. :rotflmao: Poor bunny, now they're laughing at him even more. :rotflmao:

I can't help wondering if Moore realizes just how big of an ass all his whining makes him appear, and then I remember who I'm talking about and go :no, not in the least" that would require integrity and common sense and he's got none.

ed. to complete thought

bob

Post by bob » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:21 pm

CNN: Failed Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore files defamation lawsuit over ads:
Failed Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore is suing for defamation, claiming that campaign ads that ran during the Alabama US Senate special race last year damaged his reputation.

The suit jointly filed with his wife, Kayla Moore, claims that a Democratic-aligned super PAC ran "false, misleading" TV and digital ads against him and "intentionally or recklessly failed to confirm the accuracy" of them.

Among the defendants the complaint names is Highway 31, a political action committee that the Senate Majority PAC, the major Democratic super PAC focused on Senate races, funneled money to while backing Democrat Doug Jones, who ultimately won the race.

Moore and his wife filed a lawsuit in April against three of the women who made accusations against him, calling the allegations part of a "political conspiracy."

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:25 pm

Politics ain’t nerf-ball, buttercup.

The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

mmmirele

Post by mmmirele » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:45 pm

Public figures, both him and Kayla. This isn't going very far.

JohnPCapitalist
Occupation: Investment management in the financial industry. Deep knowledge of stocks, tech and economics.

Post by JohnPCapitalist » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:28 pm

mmmirele wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:45 pm
But it might raise a whole lot of money. IIRC, Moore had some sticky fingers regarding various campaign entities back in the day. So they raise $250k to fight a doomed suit that will only cost them $20k to fight until it's dismissed sua sponte. That leaves $230k in the defense fund that I'm sure will quietly disappear. Unlikely to be returned to the donors who scrimped on Social Security and put off a new pair of cammo pants to donate.

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:44 pm

JohnPCapitalist wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:28 pm
mmmirele wrote:
But it might raise a whole lot of money. IIRC, Moore had some sticky fingers regarding various campaign entities back in the day. So they raise $250k to fight a doomed suit that will only cost them $20k to fight until it's dismissed sua sponte. That leaves $230k in the defense fund that I'm sure will quietly disappear. Unlikely to be returned to the donors who scrimped on Social Security and put off a new pair of cammo pants to donate.
Well said.

"The people must know before they can act, and there is no educator to compare with the press." - Ida B. Wells-Barnett, journalist, newspaper editor, suffragist, feminist and founder with others of NAACP.

woodworker

Post by woodworker » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:27 am

JohnPCapitalist wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:28 pm
mmmirele wrote:
I don't think the moores will raise millions or even 500k. I think their sell by date has expired and besides, it is not like they denied gay people wedding cakes or anything that may seem innocuous, he was, and probably continues to be, a guy who hit on underage WHITE girls. Can't have that now, amirite?

Pence / Haley -- 2020 "I Won't Call Her Mother" and "We Will Be The Best Team Ever, But Never Alone Together"

bob

Post by bob » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:28 pm

Meh.

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:47 pm

Opportunity missed. So many ways they could have gone with that.

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:04 pm

IMHO, James "Needle-dick" O'Keefe made what Cohen is doing totally fair game.

X3

bob

Post by bob » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:12 pm

RoadScholar wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:04 pm
IMHO, James "Needle-dick" O'Keefe made what Cohen is doing totally fair game.
They aren't comparable, really, as O'Keefe depends on his subjects not knowing that they are being filmed. A better comparison, I think, is "Stuttering" John Melendez, who asked celebrities outrageous questions at public functions.

Baron is commenting on how people react -- knowing they are filmed.* Still, this appears to be a bit too straightforward; a missed opportunity, indeed.

* Mostly; IIRC, there was lawsuit alleging the production company plied someone with tons of alcohol before the subject signed the release.

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:20 pm

They are comparable in that O'Keefe was playing a character, as is Cohen. Both are trying to reveal their subject for who they really are.

Unfortunately for O'Keefe, his targets were never the horrible people he wanted to show, so he had to do deceptive video editing to make them seem that way.

Cohen, on the other hand, has shown his targets as they really are, unguarded. Actually horrible people.

Kudos to him.

X3

TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:26 pm

The suit jointly filed with his wife, Kayla Moore, claims that a Democratic-aligned super PAC ran "false, misleading" TV and digital ads against him and "intentionally or recklessly failed to confirm the accuracy" of them.
explodingironymeter.gif

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:13 pm

TheNewSaint wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:26 pm
explodingironymeter.gif
And Moore would NEVER EVER do anything like that, or lie. :swoon: :rotflmao: Ironymeters hell, the hypocrisy meters all just exploded.

TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:20 pm

The irony is not just Moore complaining about standard Trumpublican tactics being used against him. But by a super PAC, that mysterious entity empowered by the Citizens United ruling. :-D

bob

Post by bob » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:08 pm

ABC: Alabama Supreme Court won't move lawsuit against Roy Moore:
The Alabama Supreme Court on Friday refused to transfer a defamation lawsuit against former U.S. Senate candidate Roy Moore by a woman who says Moore molested her decades ago.

The court denied Moore's request to have the case heard in Etowah County instead of Montgomery. Moore issued a statement calling the decision "ridiculous."

Corfman in January filed a lawsuit against Moore and his campaign, saying they defamed her and made false statements, calling her a liar and immoral as they denied the claims in the midst of the election.

Moore sought to have the case heard in Etowah County where he and Corfman both live.

Several Supreme Court justices recused from the case involving Moore, who is a former chief justice of the court. Five retired judges were randomly selected to hear the case along with Associate Justice Brady Mendheim, Jr., and Associate Justice Will Sellers.
SCOAL's denial.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:42 pm

Po' ole Roy, jest don't seem to have much luck in court, really sad for an alleged lawyer and twice defrocked AL Supreme Court Justice. :rotflmao:

Gregg

Post by Gregg » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:59 pm

It does kind of make you think that if Judge Anna Von Pop Tart would move she could a real judge.

Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:26 pm

Gregg wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:59 pm
It does kind of make you think that if Judge Anna Von Pop Tart would move she could a real judge.
She could always relocate to AL, I'm sue AK wouldn't mind. She's certainly not any worse at the law than Moore is.

Return to “General Politics”