The death penalty

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

The death penalty

Post by raison de arizona »

much ado wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:09 pm
AndyinPA wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:00 pm Veterinarians do not consider it a good method for euthanasia.
Any reason given?
The American Veterinary Medical Association wrote in 2020 euthanasia guidelines that nitrogen hypoxia is not an acceptable euthanasia method for most mammals because the anoxic environment "is distressing."
The American Veterinary Medical Association discourages the use of nitrogen in euthanizing animals, in part because of the difficulties of keeping oxygen low.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

The death penalty

Post by AndyinPA »

much ado wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:09 pm
AndyinPA wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:00 pm Veterinarians do not consider it a good method for euthanasia.
Any reason given?
https://apnews.com/article/alabama-nitr ... 4f453c50f3
The American Veterinary Medical Association wrote in 2020 euthanasia guidelines that nitrogen hypoxia is not an acceptable euthanasia method for most mammals because the anoxic environment “is distressing.” And experts appointed by the U.N. Human Rights Council cautioned they believe the execution method could violate the prohibition on torture.

Dr. Joel Zivot, an anesthesiologist who as one of four professionals who filed the U.N. complaint that led to the warning, said Smith is at risk for seizures and choking to death on his own vomit. He said any leak under the mask could prolong the execution.

“A leak will do two things. It will potentially endanger people around. … Air could then get under the mask as well,” Zivot said. “And so the execution could be prolonged or maybe he might never die, he just could get injured.”
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Volkonski
Verified:

The death penalty

Post by Volkonski »

Don't use a mask. Use an airtight chamber.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

The death penalty

Post by Frater I*I »

Volkonski wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:15 pm Don't use a mask. Use an airtight chamber.
A bullet to the head would be quicker and cheaper....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

The death penalty

Post by Flatpoint High »

Frater I*I wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:26 pm
Volkonski wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:15 pm Don't use a mask. Use an airtight chamber.
A bullet to the head would be quicker and cheaper....
and more humane
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

The death penalty

Post by raison de arizona »

I'm pretty sure I'm against gas chambers, in general. ;)
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Suranis

The death penalty

Post by Suranis »

I was hearing about this on the news in Ireland, and I said to my Mom that hanging was more humane than this.
Hic sunt dracones

Return to “Law and Lawsuits”