Joe Walsh - R - IL

MsDaisy

Re: Joe Walsh - R - IL

Post by MsDaisy » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:18 pm

Joe Walsh to mount primary bid against 'absolutely unfit' Trump
CHICAGO — Joe Walsh, the flame-throwing conservative radio show host and former Illinois congressman, is moving toward challenging President Donald Trump in a Republican primary, calling the president an “unfit divider in chief” and claiming the party is craving an alternative.

Walsh told POLITICO on Wednesday he is confident he could secure the resources and support to mount a challenge against the president, and that if he ran, he would announce in short order. While Walsh would not confirm he would enter the primary, two sources who spoke to him said he was privately confirming he would announce his presidential bid this weekend.

“If I’m to do it, it’s going to happen soon,” Walsh told POLITICO on Wednesday. “I’ve been really surprised by the amount of anxiousness from people across the spectrum who want this president to have a challenge, because there’s just a real concern that he’s absolutely unfit.”

Walsh has little chance of posing a genuine threat to Trump, who’s light-years ahead in fundraising and whose favorability ratings remain strong with Republicans in poll after poll.
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/08/ ... mp-1471632

I would LOVE to see someone, anyone primary Trump and win! Even another asshole that Dems could take in 2020. Trump would absolutely have a stroke! :popcorn:

Whoever wins in 2020 "The Chosen One" aka "King of the Jews" will never accept the results if he doesn't win and will likely have to be forcibly removed from the WH. It's going to be very ugly IMHO
Birfers are toast

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:26 pm

Joe Walsh is a HUGE asshole. He may be the perfect guy for this job. Phil Rucker of WAPO says Walsh's plan is to punch Trump in the face every day (figuratively). Walsh has some scandal in his background (being a deadbeat dad) but we are now in an age where this stuff gets brushed off and Trump's personal life is far more scandalous. I'm guessing Sharon Meroni has broken up with Walsh by now. :brokenheart:
I love the poorly educated!!!

I believe Anita Hill! I believe Dr. Ford!

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:49 pm

No comment, just parking it here.
JUST NOW: "2015 Joe Walsh would have gone crazy."

@WalshFreedom
on how he would have responded had
@BarackObama
looked at the sky and stated, "I am the Chosen One."

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:00 pm

He obviously won't get anywhere in a primary. Maybe he should pull an Evan McMullin and run as an independent republican. I think there are republicans who despise trump but would never vote for a democrat. If we can keep them from voting for trump, I'm good. Jill Stein did a helluva lot of damage to Hillary Clinton.
The girls prepare for our Jaws drive(way)-in movie tonight. ImageImageImage x4

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:13 pm

MsDaisy wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:18 pm
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/08/ ... mp-1471632

I would LOVE to see someone, anyone primary Trump and win! Even another asshole that Dems could take in 2020. Trump would absolutely have a stroke!

Whoever wins in 2020 "The Chosen One" aka "King of the Jews" will never accept the results if he doesn't win and will likely have to be forcibly removed from the WH. It's going to be very ugly IMHO
I assume Walsh is in need of attention or bucks again.

As for Trump leaving the WH, I'm not worried. If he refuses to leave, he can't golf.
North-land: of the family 10

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:20 pm

Off Topic
I have to mention, every time I hear this name in the news or here, all I can think of is THAT Joe Walsh of the Eagles and The James Gang.

MsDaisy

Post by MsDaisy » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:40 pm

Northland10 wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:13 pm

I assume Walsh is in need of attention or bucks again.

As for Trump leaving the WH, I'm not worried. If he refuses to leave, he can't "cheat at" golf.
FIFY
:lol:
Birfers are toast

Return to “General Politics”