Post by PaulG »

No it is not right to criticize her.

DrIrvingFinegarten

Re: Fox "News"

Post by DrIrvingFinegarten »

PaulG wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:11 am
No it is not right to criticize her.
Is it fair to call her a zealot. Can I explain to the guy why it isn't?

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Its okay to criticize her positions if you disagree with them, but treating her any different for being ''just a kid'' or comments about her mental health are out of bounds for me.

1 Timothy 4:12

(very rare Bible cite from a heathen)
Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky

PaulG

Post by PaulG »

Gregg wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:19 am
Its okay to criticize her positions if you disagree with them, but treating her any different for being ''just a kid'' or comments about her mental health are out of bounds for me.

1 Timothy 4:12

(very rare Bible cite from a heathen)
:like:

bob

Post by bob »

DrIrvingFinegarten wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:01 am
Is it OK to criticize her?
Personal criticism is a logical fallacy, i.e., ad hominem. Why can't these people challenge her ideas?
Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

DrIrvingFinegarten

Post by DrIrvingFinegarten »

bob wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:37 am
Personal criticism is a logical fallacy, i.e., ad hominem. Why can't these people challenge her ideas?

Is saying she sounds like a zealot a personal criticism or is it challenging her ideas?

bob

Post by bob »

Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:45 am
bob wrote:
Is saying she sounds like a zealot a personal criticism or is it challenging her ideas?
Personal criticism.

"You're attacking her tone because you can't refute her data," etc.
Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

How dare someone practice their speech before giving it to the UN.
The difference between the Middle Ages, and the Age of the Internet, is that in the Middle Ages no-one thought the Earth was flat.

Foggy
Occupation: Hayseed from North Cackilacki, Space Cadet, and your benevolent Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

She is exactly what the world needs right now. I'm a yoooge fan, as you can see. :blink:
We don't know what we don't know.

(Fogbow on PayPal)

Northland10

Post by Northland10 »

bob wrote:
Their claim that these young ones are nothing more than puppets for adults is also a way to misdirect away from the actual content. They also provide no evidence that the adults are behind the youths' outspokenness, which itself is bearing false witness.

Their way of performing for their base is to attack the person, not the idea. Hence, by way of example, I have felt is it not productive to debate whether Trump is racist. What is important is to demonstrate many of his actions are racist or are directed to stir up the racist feelings of his followers.

But, to get back to Greta Thunberg... you go girl.
North-land: of the family 10

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo »

I'm having a discussion with someone who thinks that it's OK to criticize people like Greta Thunberg. He thinks she and David Hogg and others are being used by adults as "human shields". Is he right?

Points, not personalities.

Obviously, if you can't refute the points, the fallback is to attack the person making them.
I've heard this bull before.

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB »

Northland10 wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:53 am
Their claim that these young ones are nothing more than puppets for adults is also a way to misdirect away from the actual content. They also provide no evidence that the adults are behind the youths' outspokenness, which itself is bearing false witness.
Trump's kids are tools of himself. Does he need any other evidence to convince himself?
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Aaron Rupar
@atrupar
·
18m
Replying to
@atrupar
"What did Obama know and when did he know it?" Giuliani is fixated on Obama-era scandal-mongering. Fox & Friends hosts keep trying to steer the conversation back to Trump but Rudy won't let them. It's a bizarre spectacle.
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Abby D. Phillip
@abbydphillip
·
23m
Rudy Giuliani is saying on Fox News that he has had the Ukraine transcript read to him.

I'd be interested in knowing what rationale could possibly exist for a person who does not work for the government getting access to the transcript before Congress.
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito »

has anyone made a gif or short video of the Wheels on the Bus Go Round and Round, showing all the people trump has thrown under?

Now that I think of it, a gif would be too short.
ImageImageImage x4

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Slim Cognito wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:14 am
has anyone made a gif or short video of the Wheels on the Bus Go Round and Round, showing all the people trump has thrown under?

Are you kidding? Star Wars has taken up 12 movies so far with countless other media versions and backstories and they had less material to work with.

(think about it, its basically the story of one family with 3 outside villains and a lot of aliens)

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito »

Gregg wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:06 pm
Slim Cognito wrote:

Are you kidding? Star Wars has taken up 12 movies so far with countless other media versions and backstories and they had less material to work with.

(think about it, its basically the story of one family with 3 outside villains and a lot of aliens)
Yahbut, I just wanted something funny to post on my Facebook page.
;)
ImageImageImage x4

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Well, if you need something, go with this, then...

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Gregg wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:06 pm
Slim Cognito wrote:

So... Trump is Jaba the hut?

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Chilidog wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:30 pm
No. Trump is that little alien that sat on Jabba's throne screaming, laughing at Jabba's jokes, and mimicing the other people talking.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Salacious_B._Crumb
The difference between the Middle Ages, and the Age of the Internet, is that in the Middle Ages no-one thought the Earth was flat.

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Suranis wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:22 pm
Chilidog wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:30 pm
No. Trump is that little alien that sat on Jabba's throne screaming, laughing at Jabba's jokes, and mimicing the other people talking.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Salacious_B._Crumb
Roger Ailes was Jabba the Hut.

Addie

Post by Addie »

Vanity Fair - Gabe Sherman
“It’s Management Bedlam”: Madness at Fox News as Trump Faces Impeachment

In public, Donald Trump’s allies are putting on a brave face, repeating talking points, mostly staying on message. But in private, there are few who believe that the allegations leveled by an intelligence agency whistle-blower that Trump abused American foreign policy to leverage Ukraine into investigating Joe Biden won’t result in considerable damage—if not the complete unraveling of his presidency. “I don’t see how they don’t impeach,” a former West Wing official told me today. “This could unwind very fast, and I mean in days,” a prominent Republican said.

Trump’s final bulwark is liable to be his first one: Fox News. Fox controls the flow of information—what facts are, whether allegations are to be believed—to huge swaths of his base. And Republican senators, who will ultimately decide whether the president remains in office, are in turn exquisitely sensitive to the opinions of Trump’s base. But even before the whistle-blower’s revelations, Fox was having something of a Trump identity crisis, and that bulwark has been wavering. In recent weeks, Trump has bashed Fox News on Twitter, taking particular issue lately with its polling, which, like other reputable polls, has shown the president under significant water. Meanwhile, Trump’s biggest booster seems to be having doubts of his own. This morning, Sean Hannity told friends the whistle-blower’s allegations are “really bad,” a person briefed on Hannity’s conversations told me. (Hannity did not respond to a request for comment). And according to four sources, Fox Corp CEO Lachlan Murdoch is already thinking about how to position the network for a post-Trump future. A person close to Lachlan told me that Fox News has been the highest rated cable network for seventeen years, and “the success has never depended on any one administration.” (A Fox Corp spokesperson declined to comment.)

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Edit: Addie beat me to it.

Dolly

Post by Dolly »

I don't have time to listen to the whole thing. I listened to a little as I was doing other stuff. Sounds like quite the spin job.
Sounds like she blames Democrats for the millions spent on the Mueller investigation.
There was no Quid Pro Quo. So I'd like you to do us a favor has nothing to do with the later discussion of Joe Biden.

Judge Jeanine: The Ultimate Revenge

Fox News
9 minutes ago ·
“Americans don’t want impeachment. We want our president to be able to focus on continuing to make America great.” — Judge Jeanine Pirro
Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

NotaPerson

Post by NotaPerson »

Fox News Host Todd Starnes Out After Suggesting Democrats Worship Pagan God Moloch

His removal comes a few days after he said on his radio program on Monday that Democrats do not believe in the Christian God and instead may worship Moloch, a pagan god often associated with child sacrifice. When asked for comment, Fox News confirmed the news that Starnes is no longer working at the network but did not elaborate on the reasons behind Starnes’ departure.
https://www.thewrap.com/exclusive-host- ... -fox-news/
Am I being detained?

Return to “General Politics”