Fox "News"

bob

Re: Fox "News"

Post by bob »

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Cf. Daily Beast:
In the end, while Trump sweats Fox’s “straight news” programming and publicly courts other alternatives, those inside Fox News actually feel the president’s repeated attacks are extremely helpful, as it allows them to rebut widespread criticism that the network often acts as “state media,” especially in light of a constantly revolving door between Fox and the White House.

“Everybody wins,” one Fox opinion-side staffer told The Daily Beast.
Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 158343001/
We don't work for you': Neil Cavuto responds to Trump's attacks on Fox News

Cavuto curtly responded, “First of all, Mr. President, we don’t work for you. I don’t work for you. My job is to cover you, not fawn over you or rip you, just report on you. Call balls and strikes on you. My job, Mr. President, our job here, is to keep the scores, not settle scores.”

"It is called being fair and balanced, Mr. President, yet it is fair to say you're not a fan when that balance includes stuff you don't like to hear or facts you don't like to have questioned," Cavuto continued.

The anchor then went onto list things that Trump has done or said that has been fact-checked, including: a top Trump trade adviser calling tariffs a "wonderful thing," Trump saying Mexico would pay for a wall on the southern border, Trump flip-flopping on gun background checks, Trump ordering former White House counsel Don McGahn to fire special counsel Robert Mueller, and Trump seeming to publicly calling into question the conclusion of the U.S. intelligence community that Russia interfered in the 2016 election.

"These aren't fake items, they're real items and you really said them," Cavuto stated.

“Fake is when it’s wrong, Mr. President.” Cavuto stated. “Not when it’s unpleasant,” and continued to refer to Trump’s infamous Access Hollywood tape where he can be heard telling host Billy Bush that because of his celebrity he is able to grope and kiss women without consent. When he sees attractive women, "I just start kissing them," Trump said in the recording. "It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait.”

"Hard as it is to fathom, Mr. President, just because you're the leader of the free world, doesn't entitle you to a free pass, just a free press. Goodnight," Cavuto finished.
Printed in full. Mea culpa for extra paras.
A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment:
The 19th Amendment was first introduced to Congress in 1878, yet it was not approved by Congress until 1919 – 41 years later.
- https://legaldictionary.net/19th-amendment/

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 1 dog, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

When will Sarah Sanders criticize Trump? Over and under?
The 19th Amendment was first introduced to Congress in 1878, yet it was not approved by Congress until 1919 – 41 years later.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:07 am
The day after she converts to Islam.

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar »

...and runs a Marathon.
The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

Tiredretiredlawyer

:rotflmao:

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:27 am
Tiredretiredlawyer wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:07 am
The day after she converts to Islam.
Or Christianity.

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Watched some of the opening hits on this morning's F&F. All about Comey and the IG report just out. Rudy G was there to cheer on the evil that is Comey. Meanwhile CNN was all about the hurricane and talking to the mayor's and how to stay safe.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Kendra wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:20 am
Watched some of the opening hits on this morning's F&F. All about Comey and the IG report just out. Rudy G was there to cheer on the evil that is Comey. Meanwhile CNN was all about the hurricane and talking to the mayor's and how to stay safe.
Do Fox News viewers in Florida even know Dorian is coming?
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Northland10

Post by Northland10 »

Volkonski wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:27 am
Kendra wrote:
Do Fox News viewers in Florida even know Dorian is coming?
Trumps going to order Dorian to go away and hit liberals, so Faux viewers are happy.
North-land: of the family 10

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

NotaPerson

Post by NotaPerson »

Kendra wrote:
Not sure what you mean by that. Is Rudy happy that Comey hasn't been indicted? I thought Rudy was was one of the many RW idiots promising that Comey would be criminally charged.

I heard Bongino began priming Hannity's viewers last night on the idea that the FISA application investigation won't be yielding any indictments either. :lol:
Am I being detained?

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito »

I've no doubt trump has been calling Barr constantly, demanding indictments for Comey on down. I wonder which would be harder to defend to trump, not charging Comey or explaining why Comey was aquitted.
ImageImageImage x4

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

NotaPerson wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:35 pm
Kendra wrote:
Not sure what you mean by that. Is Rudy happy that Comey hasn't been indicted? I thought Rudy was was one of the many RW idiots promising that Comey would be criminally charged.

I heard Bongino began priming Hannity's viewers last night on the idea that the FISA application investigation won't be yielding any indictments either. :lol:
I only caught the last minute of his segment. It seems the Fox side thinks the report puts Comey in a terrible light.

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-ne ... joSuHEYz2Y
The president seems really concerned of late that his favored cable outlet, Fox News, isn’t doing his bidding as thoroughly as he’s come to expect.

“We have to start looking for a new News Outlet,” Trump tweeted this past week. “Fox isn’t working for us anymore!”

Oh yes they are. You need look no further than an event planned this fall at the Hyatt Regency hotel in Bellevue.

In an act of stunning tone-deafness, the local branch of the Republican Party, the King County GOP, is headlining its big annual fundraiser with a leading Fox News host, Jeanine Pirro.

Tickets to the party’s Liberty Dinner in October are $150, with $300 scoring a meet and greet with Judge Jeanine along with a signed copy of her new book: “Radicals, Resistance, and Revenge: The Left’s Plot to Remake America.”

Paying a media figure to raise money for a political party like this is a terrible idea all around — for the media outlet, and, in this case even more so, for the political party, too.

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.mediamatters.org/jeanine-pi ... d-fox-news
Caught on a hot mic: Jeanine Pirro admits she was suspended by Fox News

Pirro also complains about Fox control over her schedule

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent »

Kendra wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:11 pm
https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-ne ... joSuHEYz2Y
The president seems really concerned of late that his favored cable outlet, Fox News, isn’t doing his bidding as thoroughly as he’s come to expect.

“We have to start looking for a new News Outlet,” Trump tweeted this past week. “Fox isn’t working for us anymore!”

Oh yes they are. You need look no further than an event planned this fall at the Hyatt Regency hotel in Bellevue.

In an act of stunning tone-deafness, the local branch of the Republican Party, the King County GOP, is headlining its big annual fundraiser with a leading Fox News host, Jeanine Pirro.

Tickets to the party’s Liberty Dinner in October are $150, with $300 scoring a meet and greet with Judge Jeanine along with a signed copy of her new book: “Radicals, Resistance, and Revenge: The Left’s Plot to Remake America.”

Paying a media figure to raise money for a political party like this is a terrible idea all around — for the media outlet, and, in this case even more so, for the political party, too.
I 'm sure Rharon is ready willing and able, and has at least as much credibility as Faux News.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://mobile.twitter.com/revrrlewis

If anyone wants to see how Fox and Friends covered 9/11 today :cantlook: :notlistening:

Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

They’re losing their minds

Dolly

Post by Dolly »

Fox News Won't Book Guest Again After "Disgraceful" Comments About Greta Thunberg

Autism advocate groups spoke out in statements to The Hollywood Reporter after Michael Knowles called the teen activist a "mentally ill Swedish child."

A Fox News spokesperson told The Hollywood Reporter on Monday night that the network has "no plans" to book conservative podcast host Michael Knowles as a guest again after he referred to 16-year-old climate activist Greta Thunberg as a "mentally ill Swedish child."

Knowles, who hosts The Michael Knowles Show for The Daily Wire, made the remark during a Monday night news program on Fox News. After pushback from progressive guest Chris Hahn, Knowles said that Thunberg has "many mental illnesses," including depression and obsessive compulsive disorder.

Thunberg, who sailed to New York to speak at the United Nations General Assembly about the urgency of climate change, talks openly about having Asperger syndrome, which she calls her "super power."

"The comment made by Michael Knowles who was a guest on The Story tonight was disgraceful — we apologize to Greta Thunberg and to our viewers," the network said in a statement, adding that Knowles won't be back as a guest.

Several groups that advocate for those living with Autism spoke out against Knowles' comments in statements to THR.
<snip>
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... rg-1242789
Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

Dolly

Post by Dolly »

Fox News Apologized To Greta Thunberg After A Pundit Called Her "Mentally Ill"
The comment was "disgraceful," a Fox News statement said.
Fox News apologized for the comments on Monday night and said the network had “no plans" for Knowles to appear as a guest on future shows. In addition to on-air appearances, Knowles writes opinion articles on FoxNews.com.

"The comment made by Michael Knowles who was a guest on The Story tonight was disgraceful — we apologize to Greta Thunberg and to our viewers,” a Fox News spokesperson said.
"I have Aspergers and that means sometimes I'm a bit different from the norm. And — given the right circumstances — being different is a superpower," she wrote.

She added that "many ignorant people" see the syndrome as a negative, and she acknowledged she has been limited in the past, particularly before she began her strike from school to bring attention to climate change.

"Before I started school striking I had no energy, no friends and I didn't speak to anyone. I just sat alone at home, with an eating disorder," she said. "All of that is gone now, since I have found a meaning, in a world that sometimes seems shallow and meaningless to so many people."

Despite the apology from Fox News, Knowles stood by his comments, pointing to the book Thunberg's mother wrote that included the family's experiences with Greta's diagnosis.

Later in the evening Monday, a Fox News host mocked Thunberg's activism.

Laura Ingraham played a clip of Thunberg's speech to the UN on her program, comparing it to the horror film Children of the Corn.
<snipped that tweet>

"I can't wait for Stephen King's sequel, Children of the Climate," Ingraham quipped.

A spokesperson for Fox News did not immediately respond about Ingraham's comment.
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/cl ... ntally-ill
Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

Fox "News" apologizes a lot and then keeps on doing what it has previously claimed is objectionable.

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

A comment I saw elsewhere (re: climate change):
Instead of dealing with the problem, attack the people who refuse to let you ignore it.
----

To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent »

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:29 am
Fox "News" apologizes a lot and then keeps on doing what it has previously claimed is objectionable.
They have had LOTS and LOTS of practice at it, apologizing I mean, and they don't call them "FAUX" News for nothing, as goes their news so goes their apologies.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

RVInit

Post by RVInit »

I thought their director of programming basically admitted in a court case that Fox is not primarily a news organization, they are primarily "opinion and entertainment". Why aren't there billboards all over red country with his photo and the quote from his testimony? Trump is right, Faux news is a huge part of why our political system is in such a shambles. It's time to allow the programming director's own words to be shoved in the faces of their viewers.
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

DrIrvingFinegarten

Post by DrIrvingFinegarten »

Dolly wrote:
Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:25 am
Fox News Apologized To Greta Thunberg After A Pundit Called Her "Mentally Ill"
The comment was "disgraceful," a Fox News statement said.
Fox News apologized for the comments on Monday night and said the network had “no plans" for Knowles to appear as a guest on future shows. In addition to on-air appearances, Knowles writes opinion articles on FoxNews.com.

"The comment made by Michael Knowles who was a guest on The Story tonight was disgraceful — we apologize to Greta Thunberg and to our viewers,” a Fox News spokesperson said.
"I have Aspergers and that means sometimes I'm a bit different from the norm. And — given the right circumstances — being different is a superpower," she wrote.

She added that "many ignorant people" see the syndrome as a negative, and she acknowledged she has been limited in the past, particularly before she began her strike from school to bring attention to climate change.

"Before I started school striking I had no energy, no friends and I didn't speak to anyone. I just sat alone at home, with an eating disorder," she said. "All of that is gone now, since I have found a meaning, in a world that sometimes seems shallow and meaningless to so many people."

Despite the apology from Fox News, Knowles stood by his comments, pointing to the book Thunberg's mother wrote that included the family's experiences with Greta's diagnosis.

Later in the evening Monday, a Fox News host mocked Thunberg's activism.

Laura Ingraham played a clip of Thunberg's speech to the UN on her program, comparing it to the horror film Children of the Corn.
<snipped that tweet>

"I can't wait for Stephen King's sequel, Children of the Climate," Ingraham quipped.

A spokesperson for Fox News did not immediately respond about Ingraham's comment.
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/cl ... ntally-ill

I'm having a discussion with someone who thinks that it's OK to criticize people like Greta Thunberg. He thinks she and David Hogg and others are being used by adults as "human shields". Is he right?

Is it OK to criticize her?

Return to “General Politics”