Fox "News"

Plutodog

Fox "News"

Post by Plutodog » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:16 am

Sunday, Jon Stewart did an interview with Chris Wallace on Fox News about Fox News and The Daily Show/Comedy Central that I had to import because it's excellent. But where to place it? I was tempted to start a Fox News topic under Fringe Groups but I guess that would violate the spirit of that category to some degree. But I think we need a Fox thread here somewhere -- and that video of the Wallace interview of Stewart would be an excellent way to start it. Should the local bedraggled feather duster decide it belongs elsewhere, I'll understand (or get over it eventually ;) ).Anyhow, here's the interview as deployed to Youtube in two parts, about 24 minutes total in two slices.

The only good Bundy is an Al Bundy.

Clairez

Fox "News"

Post by Clairez » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:45 am

I saw that Jon was going to be on Fox News so I made sure to watch it.Jon is not just another pretty face :xo he is also smart as hell and fearless.I still remember when he took them apart at Crossfire and he does an excellent job here of not letting his words get twisted.He is tough yet always seems to be able to maintain his sense of humor.I loves me some Jon Stewart . :xo :-bd :hug:

Highlands

Fox "News"

Post by Highlands » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:16 am

One of the most telling quotes in this interview is from Chris Wallace.

"I don't think the viewers are the least bit disappointed with us," Wallace said. "Our viewers think finally we're getting somebody to tell the other side of the story."Uh, NEWS media aren't supposed to tell us the "other side" of the story, they're supposed to tell us the story.

My favorite quote from Stewart.

The bias of the mainstream media is towards sensationalism, conflict and laziness. =D>

If you took out all of the blood vessels in your body and lined them up, you would be dead. #science

Whatever4

Fox "News"

Post by Whatever4 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:58 pm

Miss Piggy is my kinda gal. [link]Miss Piggy: Fox News Is Not News,http://mediamatters.org/blog/2012013000 ... ty+Fair%29[/link]Last month, Eric Bolling did a segment on his Fox Business show warning his audience about the dangerous liberal messages allegedly embedded in the new Muppets movie. A graphic shown during the segment asked, "Are Liberals Trying To Brainwash Your Kids Against Capitalism?":This resulted in widespread mockery of Fox. Bolling followed up with a series of embarrassing responses -- including challenging Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy to a debate.Now, the Muppets have weighed in. As the website Dangerous Minds noted, the Muppets were in London last week for the U.K. premiere of The Muppets. During a press conference, Kermit and Miss Piggy were asked for their reaction to the allegation that they were "pushing a dangerous liberal agenda and trying to brainwash children."

"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

DaveMuckey

Fox "News"

Post by DaveMuckey » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:04 pm

Miss Piggy hasn't been the same since her wardrobe malfunction.Sekrit Stuffs!

Whatever4

Fox "News"

Post by Whatever4 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:23 am

Oops... [link]Fox News Plays Footage Of Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels During Sandusky News,http://www.mediaite.com/tv/oops-fox-new ... usky-news/[/link]During a routine news update on Fox News this afternoon, Indiana Governor Mitch Daniels appeared extensively in archival footage as the news was read, despite him not really doing anything in the news lately. In fact, someone in the editing department seems to have mistaken Gov. Daniels for Jerry Sandusky, the convicted pedophile who will likely face life in prison for the 43 counts of child sexual abuse he was found guilty of last night. Oops!Video at the link...

"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

Sugar Magnolia

Fox "News"

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:32 am

And Fox continues to bring us the important news and analysis of the day.Boy, are Marco Rubio and Mitt Romney going to have egg on their face when they have to explain to their base why they favor giving tax breaks to those selfish amateur athletes that are using their anti-American superpowers to destroy our very way of life.We're apparently lacking in patriotism because the athletes are wearing pink and grey and yellow.[/break1]com/blog/2012/08/wow-just-wow/]http://ordinary-gentlemen.com/blog/2012 ... -just-wow/

realist

Fox "News"

Post by realist » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:38 pm

[link]Fox News to Karl Rove And Dick Morris, ‘Bye Bye, Boys’,http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/12/04 ... -bye-boys/[/link]

From Addicting Info

In the continuing, squirming readjustment of the Republican party since the gut punch known as Election 2012, and in a story that’s either completely stunning or pulled from the “why’d it take so long?” vaults, Fox News chief, Roger Ailes, has seen the light and given the boot to crow-eating duo Karl Rove and Dick Morris.

It’s no secret that both Rove and Morris took preposterous punditry to its height during the election – Rove with his infamous post-Ohio “it’s premature!” hissy fit and Morris’ smarmy, smiling, absolute assurances that “Romney will win in a landslide.” In the pre-election culture at Fox News it’s likely everyone would’ve looked away and neither would’ve been called on their crazy. But it’s a new day, the playbook has changed, and this one says both were wrong, both made the boss look bad, both are gone.

[...]

In other words, gentlemen, you are no longer needed.

Likely they’ll find other pulpits, other soapboxes; other carnivals at which to bark, probably sooner as opposed to later. But until then the airwaves will seem somehow clearer. Take a deep breath and enjoy. Ahhhhhh.more at the link :oops:

:-bd

ImageX 4 ImageX36

June bug

Fox "News"

Post by June bug » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:58 pm

Per the link:According to multiple Fox sources, Ailes has issued a new directive to his staff: He wants the faces associated with the election off the air — [highlight]for now[/highlight]. For Karl Rove and Dick Morris — a pair of pundits perhaps most closely aligned with Fox’s anti-Obama campaign — Ailes’s orders mean [highlight]new rules[/highlight]. Ailes’s deputy, Fox News programming chief Bill Shine, has sent out orders mandating that [highlight]producers must get permission before booking Rove or Morris[/highlight]. :yawn: Meh. So Ailes wants the most obvious losers mostly off the air until their poopies don't stink as badly. Also, plus, too, the poopy heads can be booked if you ask permission first.As coverups go, this is nowhere near as good as John Ashcroft did on the Boobies of Justice.

Foggy

Fox "News"

Post by Foggy » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:05 am

Ailes just wants the sheeple to forget where they got the idea that Romney was going to win.

I put the 'fun' in dysfunctional.

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Fox "News"

Post by Orlylicious » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:22 am

You can still get tons of Dick on his website. Today's daily video: [/break1]dickmorris.com/republicans-cave-on-taxes-dick-morris-tv-lunch-alert/]http://www.dickmorris.com/republicans-c ... nch-alert/

Photo: Merry Christmas from the titular Mama June. Santa (aka Sugar Bear) and her lovely family!
Hey! Don't miss The Fogbow's Favorite TV Show starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: From Not To Hot!"

Somerset

Fox "News"

Post by Somerset » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:27 am

Yeah, they're just pulling them from the public eye for a while. Just like St. Sarah, they'll be back :sick:

AuBricker

Fox "News"

Post by AuBricker » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:49 pm

Fox News makes another effort to sway women to the conservative cause:Dana Perino: Female Victims Of Violence Should 'Make Better Decisions'[link]http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/0 ... 51761.html[/link]

RoadScholar

Fox "News"

Post by RoadScholar » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:03 pm

Fox News makes another effort to sway women to the conservative cause:Dana Perino: Female Victims Of Violence Should 'Make Better Decisions'[link]http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/0 ... 51761.html[/link]Oh yeah. They're gonna have the GOP back on top any day now.Spiritual maggots. I really don't think they have souls.

The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

Patagoniagirl

Fox "News"

Post by Patagoniagirl » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:38 pm

Fox News makes another effort to sway women to the conservative cause:Dana Perino: Female Victims Of Violence Should 'Make Better Decisions'[link]http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/0 ... 51761.html[/link]Oh yeah. They're gonna have the GOP back on top any day now.Spiritual maggots. I really don't think they have souls.SPIRITUAL MAGGOTS!!!! This goes in my book of favorite phrases/sayings. ;;)

chancery

Fox "News"

Post by chancery » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:34 am

Fox News makes another effort to sway women to the conservative cause:Dana Perino: Female Victims Of Violence Should 'Make Better Decisions'[link]http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/0 ... 51761.html[/link]Oh yeah. They're gonna have the GOP back on top any day now.Spiritual maggots. I really don't think they have souls.Right, they'll have the GOP back on top, with the position of women in the party as per Stokley Carmichael's offensive SNCC dictum ...Edit: Added adjective to avoid certain possible misunderstandings ...

Patagoniagirl

Fox "News"

Post by Patagoniagirl » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:21 am

Actor Jim Carrey Humiliates Fox News, Calls Them A ‘Media Colostomy Bag’“Since I released my “Cold Dead Hand” video on Funny or Die this week, I have watched Fux News rant, rave, bare its fangs and viciously slander me because of my stand against large magazines and assault rifles. I would take them to task legally if I felt they were worth my time or that anyone with a brain in their head could actually fall for such irresponsible buffoonery. That would gain them far too much attention which is all they really care about.“I’ll just say this: in my opinion Fux (sic) News is a last resort for kinda-sorta-almost-journalists whose options have been severely limited by their extreme and intolerant views; a media colostomy bag that has begun to burst at the seams and should be emptied before it becomes a public health issue.“I sincerely believe that in time, good people will lose patience with the petty and poisonous behavior of these bullies and Fux (sic) News will be remembered as nothing more than a giant culture fart that no amount of Garlique could cure.“I wish them all the luck that accompanies such malevolence.”[/break1]addictinginfo.org/2013/03/30/actor-jim-carrey-humiliates-fox-news-calls-them-a-media-colostomy-bag/]http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/03/30 ... stomy-bag/

Patagoniagirl

Fox "News"

Post by Patagoniagirl » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:50 am

Jim Carrey video here:[/break1]addictinginfo.org/2013/03/25/jim-carrey-does-epic-mock-of-charlton-heston-in-cold-dead-hand-music-spoof-video/]http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/03/25 ... oof-video/

spiduh

Re: Fox "News"

Post by spiduh » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:17 pm

Fox News analyzed the candidates' tax plans!
Today, America’s Election Headquarters brought in two tax experts to weigh the proposals of each presidential candidate.

Currently, under President Obama’s administration, a family of four that is making $80,000 a year is paying about $327 a week in taxes, Leland Vittert noted.

Under a Hillary Clinton presidency, things would basically stay the same, he said.

With Bernie Sanders in the White House, however, this family would pay about $206 more in taxes per week.

People under this plan would get benefits like government-sponsored healthcare and free college tuition, “but they’ll all be on the spending side of the ledger,” said Russell Sullivan of McGuireWoods law firm.

Conversely, Donald Trump’s proposal would save taxpayers about $103 a week, said Elizabeth Prann.

Scott Hodge, president of the Tax Foundation, said that it equates to “about a $5,000 tax cut,” but wouldn’t boost economic growth as much as some other candidates' outlines.

Meanwhile, Ted Cruz’s plan would save taxpayers about $31 per week.

Hodge said the senator's proposed flat tax “doesn’t give you as much of a tax cut, but it has a much bigger impact on the economy.”
http://insider.foxnews.com/2016/04/09/t ... -tax-plans

“If they kill me, grab my phone.” –Ammon Bundy (Reuters)
"Yes, I Did Turn the Flying Monkeys Loose!" -Anna von Reitz (FB)
"I 'Self Identify' as a female" -Jon Ritzheimer (FB)

chancery

Post by chancery » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:09 am

spiduh wrote:
Meanwhile, Ted Cruz’s plan would save taxpayers about $31 per week.

Hodge said the senator's proposed flat tax “doesn’t give you as much of a tax cut, but it has a much bigger impact on the economy.”
Much bigger impact based on the myth that cutting taxes for the 1 percent unleashes a tornado of economic growth. And lets not even talk about who has been receiving the benefits of economic growth over the last four decades.

chancery

Post by chancery » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:12 am

While we're documenting the atrocities, as Duncan Black says at eschaton, we shouldn't skip this one, from March:
What we're doing is we're pointing out this fractured strife among the Republican Party. But us pointing that out is like Charlie Sheen pointing out your drug habit. We, as a show, are facing internal strife. From a micro-level to a macro-level. You can look at conservative websites like Breitbart, how much that has fallen apart since the Trump nomination. You can look at The Five. On any given day, we have tension over this nomination, over this candidate. You can look at our network as a whole, which is -- don't look at me. But you can look at this network, where we are having issues within a family of anchors over this stuff. You can look at the Party. So at every area where there is conservatism, there is strife. And I just remember the good old days where we could all unite against the hatred for Obama. When it was so easy.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/3/31 ... ith-Itself

Fox can't be bothered even to pretend any more.

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:34 pm

(REUTERS - 15 JUL 2016 AT 12:16 ET)
Former Fox News commentator sentenced to prison for faking CIA ties

A man who has appeared on Fox News as a guest “terrorism analyst” was sentenced to 33 months in prison on Friday on charges that he fraudulently claimed to have been a CIA agent for decades, U.S. prosecutors said.

Wayne Simmons, 62, of Annapolis, Maryland, was sentenced in U.S. District Court in Alexandria, Virginia, the U.S. Attorney’s Office said in a statement.

“Wayne Simmons is a fraud. Simmons has no military or intelligence background, or any skills relevant to the positions he attained through his fraud,” said Dana Boente, U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia.

U.S. District Judge T.S. Ellis III also sentenced Simmons to serve three years of supervised release, to forfeit two firearms and $176,000 in criminal proceeds and to pay restitution.

Simmons had appeared on Fox News, a unit of 21st Century Fox and the top-ranked U.S. cable television news network, as an unpaid guest analyst on terrorism since 2002.
<snip>
Instead of working for the CIA, Simmons’ jobs during that period included nightclub doorman, bookie, manager of a rent-by-the-hour hot tub business, mortgage broker and defensive back for the National Football League’s New Orleans Saints, the statement said.
<snip - more rottenness at the link>
http://www.rawstory.com/2016/07/former- ... -cia-ties/

A Fogbow search shows 3 results for Wayne Simmons in the "WND - World Net Daily" thread.
http://www.thefogbow.com/forum/search.p ... mit=Search

Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:32 pm

I put the 'fun' in dysfunctional.

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:34 pm

I'm surprised they didn't use the kid as a Pinata.

Learn to Swear in Latin. Profanity with class!
https://blogs.transparent.com/latin/lat ... -in-latin/

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:40 pm

using this old thread - cuz I don't know where else
Tucker Carlson: Trump has not kept his promises

Fox News host Tucker Carlson said this week that President Trump has not kept the promises he made on the campaign trail.

Carlson told Die Weltwoche, a weekly magazine in Switzerland, that Trump's "chief promises" were that he would build a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border, defund Planned Parenthood and repeal the Affordable Care Act.

"And he hasn't done any of those things," Carlson said. "I've come to believe that Trump's role is not as a conventional president who promises to get certain things achieved to the Congress and then does."

Carlson added that he doesn't think Trump is "capable" of fulfilling those promises

"I don't think he's capable of sustained focus," Carlson said. "I don't think he understands the system. I don't think the Congress is on his side. I don't think his own agencies support him."

The conservative television host elaborated later in the interview saying he doesn't think Trump can get things done because the legislative process is "highly complex."

"In order to do it you really have to understand how it works and you have to be very focused on getting it done, and he knows very little about the legislative process, hasn't learned anything, hasn't and surrounded himself with people that can get it done, hasn't done all the things you need to do so," Carlson said.
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4201 ... s-promises

Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

Return to “General Politics”