James O'Keefe

Sterngard Friegen

James O'Keefe

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Fri May 08, 2015 4:44 pm

"When you live in the Ocean you swim with the fish."

AuBricker

James O'Keefe

Post by AuBricker » Fri May 08, 2015 4:56 pm

Yes, that is true. But the Democrats had an insane number of seats to defend, and the sort of voter to turnout in offyear elections tend to be the more conservative ones.

We were killed in no small part by that low voter turnout. I heard someone say it was the lowest percentage of voter turnout since 1942. I've not looked up the percentages for myself, but it certainly sounds believable.

Too many voters believing the most inane ideas turn out for elections while too many better informed citizens remain indifferent.

I've several older relatives I love dearly, but their minds are -- to be frank -- suffering the ravages of age. They are always asking about some ACA theory, Birther claim, or other piece of bullshit they've come across. Their circles of elderly friends see some absurd post of FaceBook, repost it, and it makes the rounds. Elderly citizens read it and believe -- after all, "I saw it on the internet: It must be true." They call me in a huff. I tell them the story is false. (Sometimes I have to track down some of the more weird claims first.) They calm down for a while, and then the following month, we repeat the routine with some new crackpot conspiracy theory. I am fortunate in being able to help the people I care able toss out the nonsense. But I cannot always be there, and there are lot of people who fall prey for this. And they always vote.

Social media and email are ideal for this sort of thing.

Wingnut activists piss me off most by this sort of campaigning. They are like televangelists who convince old widows to mail them their social security checks as a love offering. They know they people are not thinking clearly, and they use lies and half-truths to scare them into voting GOP. O'Keefe, Cruz, and his ilk lie through their teeth, knowing that there is a gullible and easily-frightened market for lies out there.

Dolly

James O'Keefe

Post by Dolly » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:51 pm

Feds Detain At Least One Border Crosser…James O’Keefe!Conservative filmmaker James O’Keefe was detained by U.S. Customs and Border Patrol agents Monday while returning through an airport to U.S. soil. Why? Because he once filmed a video in which he crossed the U.S.-Mexico border without going through customs. And customs agents told him he will be detained every single time he enters the country from overseas henceforth. James O'Keefe @JamesOKeefeIIIUnbelievable: customs agent just told me they detain me everytime bc of the Osama crossing sting we did. And they'll continue to do so.9:06 AM - 22 Jun 2015 O’Keefe’s August video, published exclusively at the time by The Daily Caller, showed the conservative filmmaker freely crossing back and forth between the United States and Mexico dressed as Osama bin Laden, to make a point about Islamic radicals being able to pour onto domestic U.S. soil.What do you think?But that was enough to get him detained at the airport and to have an “X” marked on his passport/?app=core&module=system&controller=embed&url=http%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2FJamesOKeefeIII%2Fstatus%2F613016322469834752%2Fphoto%2F1" data-controller="core.front.core.autoSizeIframe"> http://dailycaller.com/2015/06/22/feds- ... es-okeefe/ 
Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

MN-Skeptic

James O'Keefe

Post by MN-Skeptic » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:08 am

Gee... actions have consequences. Who'da thunk?
MAGA - Morons Are Governing America

Plutodog

James O'Keefe

Post by Plutodog » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:51 am

Waaaah!  I'm not sure what the document is but it's not his passport.  It's a Border Patrol-issued document of some kind or other.  Any of our international travelers have a clue? 
The only good Bundy is an Al Bundy.

esseff44

James O'Keefe

Post by esseff44 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:07 am

Waaaah!  I'm not sure what the document is but it's not his passport.  It's a Border Patrol-issued document of some kind or other.  Any of our international travelers have a clue? ​What types of documents are accepted June 1, 2009for entry into the United States via land and sea?• U.S. citizens can present a valid: U.S. Passport; Passport Card; Enhanced Driver’s License; Trusted Traveler Program card (NEXUS, SENTRI or FAST); U.S. Military identification card when traveling on official orders; U.S. Merchant Mariner document when traveling in conjunction with official maritime business; or Form I-872 American Indian Card, or (when available) Enhanced Tribal Card.http://www.cbp.gov/travel/us-citizens/w ... groundMore information HERE:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Entry

GreatGrey

James O'Keefe

Post by GreatGrey » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:26 am

Waaaah!  I'm not sure what the document is but it's not his passport.  It's a Border Patrol-issued document of some kind or other.  Any of our international travelers have a clue? ​It's a Customs and Border Protection Form 7662At least that's what it says on it. I can't find anything about that form, never seen it before. It appears to have some airline info on it (Southwest). 
I am not "someone upthread".
Trump needs to be smashed into some kind of inedible orange pâté.

Plutodog

James O'Keefe

Post by Plutodog » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:26 am

I just glanced at the pages, essef, but I didn't see that document. 

GreatGrey

James O'Keefe

Post by GreatGrey » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:40 am

Think I"m closer, it seems to have something to do with the Automated Entry Kiosks. You enter your data, scan your passport and it prints a receipt that you just wave at the agents, and on ya go. Unless it has an X on it :)I've seen those kiosks, but they won't let crewmembers use them, so never had my hands on the form.How Does the Automated Passport Control Program Work?Instead of filling out a paper Customs declaration form, eligible passengers can proceed directly to the APC kiosks in the passport control area.  Travelers are prompted to scan their passport, take a photograph using the kiosk, and answer a series of questions verifying biographic and flight information.  Once passengers have completed the series of questions and submitted their Customs declaration form, a receipt will be issued.  Travelers then bring their passport and receipt to a CBP Officer to finalize their inspection for entry into the United States.  The kiosks allow people residing at the same address to be processed together.http://www.cbp.gov/travel/us-citizens/a ... ontrol-apc

GreatGrey

James O'Keefe

Post by GreatGrey » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:48 am

What do I do if the Global Entry kiosk issues me a receipt marked with an "X"?If the kiosk receipt has an "X" printed on it, you must report to a CBP officer at the nearest staffed CBP passport control booth. You do not have to get back in line. The CBP officer at the passport control booth will review your documents, determine the reason for the "X" and either release you from there or refer you to "secondary" for additional processing.The "X" can mean many different things: random inspection; your fingerprints may not have matched; or other issues.You must have the "X" cleared before proceeding to the exit control point or you will be directed back to passport control for processing. The kiosk receipt shows the CBP officer that you have successfully used the kiosk.http://www.cbp.gov/faqs/what-do-i-do-if ... t-marked-x Images of the receipt, aka Form 7662. The form varies by location. https://www.google.com/search?q=global+ ... rc=_Choose IMAGES after hitting the link. Now, look at O'Keefe's appearance on the form. That pic was taken by the kiosk, so he's changed his appearance from what he usually maintains. 

Plutodog

James O'Keefe

Post by Plutodog » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:50 am

Ahh, that does it.  Thanks, GG!

GreatGrey

James O'Keefe

Post by GreatGrey » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:54 am

Ahh, that does it.  Thanks, GG!​I guess I"m supposed to say something like "I live to serve", but grumpies don't say that.

Family Liberty Patriot

James O'Keefe

Post by Family Liberty Patriot » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:12 am

Now, look at O'Keefe's appearance on the form. That pic was taken by the kiosk, so he's changed his appearance from what he usually maintains. And yet, his punch-me puss is forever.
"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

John Kenneth Galbraith (1908 - 2006)

mimi

James O'Keefe

Post by mimi » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:14 am

I think O'Keefe did it himself. Global Entry Frequently Asked Questions Eligibility for Global EntryIs criminal history a disqualifier for Global Entry?Global Entry is a risk-based approach to facilitate the entry of pre-approved travelers. Applicants may not qualify for Global Entry participation if they:Provide false or incomplete information on the application;Have been convicted of any criminal offense or have pending criminal charges, including outstanding warrants;Have been found in violation of any customs, immigration or agriculture regulations or laws in any country;Are subjects of an investigation by any federal, state or local law enforcement agency;Are inadmissible to the U.S. under immigration regulation, including applicants with approved waivers of inadmissibility or parole documentation; or if theyCannot satisfy CBP of their low-risk status or meet other program requirements.http://www.cbp.gov/global-entry/faqsCBP is extremely serious about enforcement and even the smallest of violations can result in termination from the program. There is a story of an individual traveler terminated from the program after discovery of an open food container, slipped into her briefcase by her young son.http://www.mondaq.com/unitedstates/x/37 ... avelersWhy wouldn't his crossing the border and then uploading that video ban him from the program? What a doofus.    

esseff44

James O'Keefe

Post by esseff44 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:34 pm

Yeahbutt,  he has that lawyer in St. Louis that would itch to take on the Border Patrol demanding to see copies of their oafs of office.  It' all for the thrill of being uncivil because that is your RIGHT under the Constitution.

SueDB

James O'Keefe

Post by SueDB » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:34 pm

I would think that if he checked in with the Border Patrol each time he crossed in America ... but naw....It's better this way.  sow---reap
“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

Northland10

James O'Keefe

Post by Northland10 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:25 pm

His little form has a time stamp of 11:24.  The picture he took was at 11:25 and the actual phone time when he tweeted the photo was 12:09.   He did not appear to have been detained for very long.   Is it more likely that he had a quick review and was passed through to the next stop, which I assume is not instantaneous.In other words, another opportunity for O'Keefe to be a lying sack.    
North-land: of the family 10

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

mimi

James O'Keefe

Post by mimi » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:05 am

I hope it's longer next time.

Sterngard Friegen

James O'Keefe

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:44 am

O'Keefe is as big an attention whore as the Chaleria. 

SueDB

James O'Keefe

Post by SueDB » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:45 pm

I'm sure that all that attention whoring at transportation checkpoints will surely boost his cause - whatever that is....
“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

bob

Re: James O'Keefe

Post by bob » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:21 pm

WND: Undercover video exposes eye-popping ease of voter fraud:
'If I don't have a license, how do you guys know I am who I say I am?'

An explosive undercover video shows just how startlingly simple it is for anyone to commit voter fraud in Michigan – even when the voter provides no I.D. and falsely assumes the identity of a well-known columnist.

The undercover footage was released Tuesday by Project Veritas founder and pioneering investigative reporter James O’Keefe.

In the video, O’Keefe visits a polling location in Michigan and requests a ballot for Detroit Free Press columnist Brian Dickerson.

The worker tells O’Keefe: “So you have to fill out the front, and do the back. And then you can vote.”

“Do I need to get an I.D.?” he asks.

“No, vote,” she says, instructing him to simply sign an affidavit on the back “saying you are who you say you are.”
The article conspicuously fails to "report" O'Keefe, yaknow, actually voting. Dicking around clerks is not voter fraud (nor a crime). In the video, the city clerk actually explains that O'Keefe did not complete the registration.

:yankyank:
Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

kate520

Post by kate520 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:46 pm

No, of course it never occurs to them that the reason it's so easy to pretend voter fraud is that there is so little voter fraud they don't need defenses in place to prevent it. Silly. Why do you even ask?

They might need a plan to deal with sanctimonious dickheads, though.
DEFEND DEMOCRACY

esseff44

Post by esseff44 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:04 pm

Could it be that the same thing that prevents O'Keefe from completing the registration and voting also is the reason there are very few cases of ineligible voters voting?

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:35 pm

More than one billion ballots cast since 2000, only about 31 cases of actual voter fraud:

http://mediamatters.org/video/2014/08/0 ... etu/200349

Voter fraud is as likely to happen as being struck by lightning in a Sharknado on Christmas at the North Pole
I've heard this bull before.

Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:38 pm

DejaMoo wrote:More than one billion ballots cast since 2000, only about 31 cases of actual voter fraud:

http://mediamatters.org/video/2014/08/0 ... etu/200349

Voter fraud is as likely to happen as being struck by lightning in a Sharknado on Christmas at the North Pole
What with climate change and all I don't know if that is really so unlikely...
:think:
"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."
---Sun Tzu (quoting Thomas Jefferson)
nam-myoho-renge-kyo---Thomas Jefferson (quoting Slartibartfast)

Return to “General Politics”