Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Charles "Charlie" J. Kirk, Turning Point USA #TPUSA

These people suck. They are bad people.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

How Charlie Kirk Plans to Discredit Martin Luther King Jr. and the Civil Rights Act
Turning Point USA founder Charlie Kirk is preparing to launch a campaign against MLK and the landmark civil rights law he helped enact.
:snippity:
“MLK was awful,” Kirk said. “He's not a good person. He said one good thing he actually didn't believe.”

For Kirk, the shift on King wasn’t an offhand remark, but a glimpse into his broader strategy to discredit the civil rights leader and the landmark legislation most associated with King: the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

“I have a very, very radical view on this, but I can defend it, and I’ve thought about it,” Kirk said at America Fest. “We made a huge mistake when we passed the Civil Rights Act in the 1960s.”

Turning Point USA, founded in 2012 by an 18-year-old Kirk to organize conservative students on college campuses, has grown into an ideological force in right-wing politics. America Fest, which took place at a convention center in downtown Phoenix, featured speeches by right-wing heavyweights Donald Trump Jr., Tucker Carlson, and US representative Matt Gaetz of Florida. Nearly 20,000 people attended the four-day event, according to Kirk.
Kirk argues that the Civil Rights Act, which bars discrimination on the basis of race, ushered in a “permanent DEI-type bureaucracy,” referring to diversity, equity, and inclusion. He illustrated how the law has gone wrong when responding to a question from a student who said they became the subject of a Title IX investigation after posting an Instagram story mocking transgender people. Title IX, which was passed as part of the Education Amendments of 1972, bans schools that receive federal funding from discriminating on the basis of sex. King was assassinated four years prior, in 1968.

“The courts have been really weak on this,” Kirk told the America Fest crowd. “Federal courts just yield to the Civil Rights Act as if it's the actual American Constitution.” The law is ultimately a way to “re-found the county” and “a way to get rid of the First Amendment,” according to Kirk.

Kirk’s attempt to discredit civil rights law is an example of how “the fringe moves to the center at the speed of light” in right-wing politics, says public policy scholar Jonathan Rauch.
https://www.wired.com/story/charlie-kir ... ights-act/
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Justin Baragona @justinbaragona wrote: This person was the GOP's 2020 nominee for the US Senate seat in Delaware.
(She goes on a white nationalist rant.)
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

PatriotTakes 🇺🇸 @patriottakes wrote: Charlie Kirk: “I’m sorry. If I see a Black pilot, I’m going to be like, ‘Boy, I hope he’s qualified.’”
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

:shock:
Talk about saying the quiet part outloud. He's not even trying to conceal his racism.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I wonder why this seems to have been a signal that has gone out for everyone to be saying this. Alost like they are tryign to direct the conversation away from something else.
Hic sunt dracones
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

I'm sorry, but if I see a balloon-faced pilot, I'm gonna be like "Man, I hope it's qualified,"
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Suranis wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:21 pm I wonder why this seems to have been a signal that has gone out for everyone to be saying this. Alost like they are tryign to direct the conversation away from something else.
It's interesting how these phrases get started, then parroted by the lower levels.

Good to know Kirk wouldn't trust one of the Tuskegee Airmen.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

As I spent three days living in an airport last week, trying to get home during that horrific cold front, I saw one black pilot walking with fellow crew members, not of color. The above conversation had just come to my attention a day or two before, and I wondered how much trouble that gentleman had when people saw him walk through a concourse. Although he was a pretty big guy, and I doubt anybody said anything to his face.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Slim Cognito wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:32 pm As I spent three days living in an airport last week, trying to get home during that horrific cold front, I saw one black pilot walking with fellow crew members, not of color. The above conversation had just come to my attention a day or two before, and I wondered how much trouble that gentleman had when people saw him walk through a concourse. Although he was a pretty big guy, and I doubt anybody said anything to his face.
Folks like Charlie and his followers are probably cowards anyway. You might get a few whacked-out folks, but other than that, the cowards would only give stares.
101010 :towel:
raison de arizona

They were calling them the n-word, and management turned a blind eye. That is what we are lamenting.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:29 pm They were calling them the n-word, and management turned a blind eye. That is what we are lamenting.
He's never had a job, has he?
raison de arizona

"Charlie Kirk co-host" = Jack Posobiec
PatriotTakes 🇺🇸 @patriottakes wrote: Charlie Kirk co-host asks if the United States should take up manifest destiny again and start acquiring new territories:

“We sort of lost that spirit, that pioneering spirit of Manifest Destiny.”
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

When I read up what the concept of Manifest Destiny was, I learn it was the target of expanding the east coast settlements into the still largely undiscovered west of North America, taking possession of land even when it was already inhabited by Native Americans.

No where is it mentioned that this expansion is to exceed the New Continent. How this guy thinks the US could expand further is a secret to be discovered. Does he intend to enter Canada or Mexico? Whar resources does he think he has in his hands to perform such expansion? :brickwallsmall:
jcolvin2
Verified:

Post by jcolvin2 »

RTH10260 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:36 am No where is it mentioned that this expansion is to exceed the New Continent. How this guy thinks the US could expand further is a secret to be discovered. Does he intend to enter Canada or Mexico? Whar resources does he think he has in his hands to perform such expansion? :brickwallsmall:
Space Force!
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Raise Atlantis!
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”