Children's Hospital Liars (Transition)

These people suck. They are bad people.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

So I've been seeing this nonsense pop up in my twitter feed from those on the right. It started with the Boston Children's hospital lies about forcing kids to get gender reassignment surgery which was a lie and it's only gotten worse. I've seen those on the right claiming that liberals are pushing for kids to mutilate their genitals and then there was this story from a supposed whistleblower that made it's way around the right wing who didn't bother to vet the story.

I came across this thread where the claims are actually vetted.

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

I keep hearing Pubs saying Dems are "grooming' kids and convincing them to change their genders, - that it's part of the "woke" agenda - but I've never seen a single one explain WHY *anyone* would do that. What would Dems have to gain by convincing kids to change gender? The whole thing makes absolutely NO sense...
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:41 pm I keep hearing Pubs saying Dems are "grooming' kids and convincing them to change their genders, - that it's part of the "woke" agenda - but I've never seen a single one explain WHY *anyone* would do that. What would Dems have to gain by convincing kids to change gender? The whole thing makes absolutely NO sense...
Most of their nonsense makes no sense. It's just in the line of them claiming all dems are pedophiles and drag shows are grooming, etc. They have a weird obsession with projecting child molestation. Yet we keep hearing stories about pastors and stuff getting caught molesting kids.
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Jim

Post by Jim »

Dr. Ken wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:55 pm
Kriselda Gray wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:41 pm I keep hearing Pubs saying Dems are "grooming' kids and convincing them to change their genders, - that it's part of the "woke" agenda - but I've never seen a single one explain WHY *anyone* would do that. What would Dems have to gain by convincing kids to change gender? The whole thing makes absolutely NO sense...
Most of their nonsense makes no sense. It's just in the line of them claiming all dems are pedophiles and drag shows are grooming, etc. They have a weird obsession with projecting child molestation. Yet we keep hearing stories about pastors and stuff getting caught molesting kids.
Since around 80% of the people behind bars for sexual crimes against children are white males, I wonder when they're really going to protect the children and pass laws against white males being around children, entertaining children, reading to children and eliminate all books about white males from our children's libraries?
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Dr. Ken wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:55 pm
Anything that challenges their Christian creed and sexualty derived from ancient dusty books hammered into them (aka pushed down their throats since earliest childhood) makes them unhappy.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

They are labels and nothing else. To them, the left wants to destroy everything, genders, money, guns (okay, maybe that one), faith, America, ants, fun, values, characters, grass, gas, brass, etc.

Logic has no place in this conversation, only hating and trying to get others to hate. You must feed the masses with what their itching ears want to hear.
101010 :towel:
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Aren’t you just a little bit offended to find that 30% of your fellow citizens believe that you spend at least part of your time pushing the gay agenda (including grooming kids for the Trans army) and/or terrifying toddlers to
Harvest more adrenochrome for the QueenLiberal? Of course you don’t have a job either. You have no respect for life and want to kill all unborn babies.

I’m more than a *bit* offended.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

As has been said, if being gay is a choice, why would so many make a choice that's going to make life difficult and sometimes dangerous? That makes no sense either. But yeah.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

H/T to Kriselda Grey and to paraphrase
As has been said, if being gay is a choice, why would so many make a choice
..... to be straight ? :twisted:
shannon
Verified:

Post by shannon »

Yeah, I've seen the repeated claim on the right that a child can go to their school nurse on Monday, get immediately placed on hormones and puberty blockers, and have a surgery appointment by Friday. Oh, and the parents will be arrested if they try and stop any of this.

This is, of course, bullshit.

Established protocols for anyone under the age of 18 with gender dysphoria is to start puberty blockers only, and that on advice of a doctor or therapist. This is done to buy time for the kid to be able to get to adulthood and make an informed decision about their own bodies, without the side effects of undergoing a puberty with secondary sexual characteristics that do not match their own gender perception. The benefit is that it gives the kid time to make absolutely sure this is what they want, and, should they opt to transition as an adult, the effect of starting hormones would be functionally starting puberty in the gender they identify with, with the associated skeletal changes and secondary sexual characteristics.

This is established by the AMA, American Endocrine Society, Pediatric Endocrine Society, and WPATH (World Professional Association for Transgender Health)

As for surgery, again, only after 18, and that's after having been on hormones for 12-18 months and living in that gender identity for that time. The requirements usually run as a letter from a mental health provider, a letter from the provider that is doing hormone therapy, and chart notes from the surgeon that will be doing the procedure. And this is for things like facial feminization surgery, "top" surgeries (mastectomy, reduction mammoplasty (chest masculinization), breast augmentation, some of the vocal surgeries, etc.).

For things like orchiectomy or hysterectomy, there will be even more steps to insure that the patient is of sound mind, any physical or mental health aspects are being managed, and that the person is giving informed knowledgeable consent, and many times it's suggested that these procedures take place 18 or more months after the initial round of surgeries.

For bottom surgeries like phalloplasty or vaginal construction, you're looking at at least three or more years from initial diagnostics and start of hormones.

And I will note a good many transgender people never get the full bottom surgeries Unlike the cookie-cutter linear approach that was present up until the 90's, modern protocol says there's "no one way to trans"

So, basically, someone would have to search really, really hard to find someone to violate those guidelines on someone over 18, much less under 18. And the incidences of it happening in the US are very, very rare, and would NOT be done without parental approval.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Mad Geoscientist GRADUATE STUDENT in Training
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Fascinating post, Pat. Thanks!
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Agreed. And if it's not too personal, we'd love generalized updates. But if it is, that's cool, too.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Fiascoist

Post by Fiascoist »

:yeahthat: Best wishes on the commencement of new beginnings!
Annrc
Verified:

Post by Annrc »

:bighug: thank you Patgund. Your message is great. It can be so confusing to understand all that is going on with “transition” from just reading all the hype.
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

I have a dear friend out in Seattle that transitioned. From the day they came out as genderqueer to when they had bottom surgery was 3 years and a week, and the surgery got delayed three months (last minute denial by insurance). They didn't decide to start transitioning until a month after coming out, so 32 months was the minimum they were given. So it's possible to do it under three years, but not by much.
shannon
Verified:

Post by shannon »

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 11:48 pm I have a dear friend out in Seattle that transitioned. From the day they came out as genderqueer to when they had bottom surgery was 3 years and a week, and the surgery got delayed three months (last minute denial by insurance). They didn't decide to start transitioning until a month after coming out, so 32 months was the minimum they were given. So it's possible to do it under three years, but not by much.
It can be done that fast, but usually the person at that point is absolutely sure they want to do this.

(oh, and I live near Seattle)
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

As you all may recall, our own GG's nephew went to Seattle for top surgery at age 16 a few months ago, so the restriction of having to be 18yo+ doesn't mesh with reality on reassignment surgery. :shrug:
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Here's a link to a good article from a year ago wherein a leading transgender health association lowered its recommended minimum age for starting gender transition treatment, with surgeries possibly starting at age 15.

Trans kids’ treatment can start younger, new guidelines say
A leading transgender health association has lowered its recommended minimum age for starting gender transition treatment, including sex hormones and surgeries.

The World Professional Association for Transgender Health said hormones could be started at age 14, two years earlier than the group’s previous advice, and some surgeries done at age 15 or 17, a year or so earlier than previous guidance. The group acknowledged potential risks but said it is unethical and harmful to withhold early treatment.

:snippity:

Starting treatment earlier allows transgender teens to experience physical puberty changes around the same time as other teens, said Dr. Eli Coleman, chair of the group’s standards of care and director of the University of Minnesota Medical School’s human sexuality program.

But he stressed that age is just one factor to be weighed. Emotional maturity, parents’ consent, longstanding gender discomfort and a careful psychological evaluation are among the others.

“Certainly there are adolescents that do not have the emotional or cognitive maturity to make an informed decision,” he said. “That is why we recommend a careful multidisciplinary assessment.”
More good info at the link above.
shannon
Verified:

Post by shannon »

Even the WPATH guidelines state that any surgery under 18 should be done after therapy and with consultation and approval of the parents.

Which is a far cry from the right wing's claim that kids as young as 8 can get hormones and surgery right away, and the parents have no say in the matter.
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

patgund wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 1:26 pm Even the WPATH guidelines state that any surgery under 18 should be done after therapy and with consultation and approval of the parents.

Which is a far cry from the right wing's claim that kids as young as 8 can get hormones and surgery right away, and the parents have no say in the matter.
Hey Pat good to see you! :thumbsup:

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”