Is Civil War History Being REWRITTEN?!?!?!?!?!

John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Here in the SE US, the war never ended for these people, it just went from a hot war to a cold war...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I think Atlanta is the only big city in the country I haven't been to. And I have a good friend who lives there. No reason; just haven't made it there. I have been through the airport several times, though. Once, about ten years ago, I was going to the international terminal from the national terminal. I don't remember details, but I do remember a big display on the Civil War on a wall. There was a description of the war that I did not recognize at all.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

I'm sure there is a rule that there has to be a Selma Hayak snake dance before a straight film turns into a zombie flick.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

keith wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:33 pm I'm sure there is a rule that there has to be a Selma Hayak snake dance before a straight film turns into a zombie flick.
Vampires...

Now I don't believe in vampires, but I do believe my eyes, and what I have seen is vampires....

So we all agree that what we're dealing with is vampires...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

keith wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:33 pm I'm sure there is a rule that there has to be a Selma Hayak snake dance before a straight film turns into a zombie flick.
Andy is a wee bit different film maker/amateur historian.

I find his work entertaining.

The whole Checkmate Lincolnites series is good.
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

Frater I*I wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 4:55 pm Here in the SE US, the war never ended for these people, it just went from a hot war to a cold war...
Actually, the South 'won'. They defeated the Union in the Battle of Reconstruction.
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Flatpoint High wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:20 pm
Frater I*I wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 4:55 pm Here in the SE US, the war never ended for these people, it just went from a hot war to a cold war...
Actually, the South 'won'. They defeated the Union in the Battle of Reconstruction.
Yeah, totally won. It even says so on my license tag plate "LEE". Daisy Duke came over for dinner tonight. You yanks lost. HA! Put that in your pipe.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Well-played, Flatpoint!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Fiascoist

Post by Fiascoist »

My mother went to high school in upper New York state and in Florida in the 30's. The presentation of the Civil War was certainly different depending on location. It certainly opened her eyes to listening, but always using your critical thinking skills in all situations. So, this isn't a new problem. It is simply a festering, nasty old issue having the dust knocked off so it looks shiny and new again.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Throughout Columbia SC, the state capital, and the surrounding region, you can find numerous historical markers describing the event that led to the placement of each sign. They are all written from a local point of view.
optimusprime

Post by optimusprime »

Yes, the Civil War is being re-written and parts of it untold. It wasn't that General Lee surrendered because he lost a battle - he surrendered because he did not want to see his 'southern heritage' exposed and burnt to the ground.

See the difference.
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

Lee was a middling commander, his sole worry was Virginia and not the whole of the war.

He feasted on incompetent political generals, but when faced with actual military generals (Meade, Grant) he failed over and over again. And left the rest of the CSA to fend for itself.

It's maddening, the slobbering all over Lee when he typically wasn't the best commander on the field when it counted.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

The Battlefield Walker

14 Jul 2023

Old time relic hunter (started in the 1960s) passed away and left his entire Civil War collection to my friend! The collection has been hidden away from view for 50 years. We break the seal, enter, and WOW. This will be a series of vids. A first long look around today. Part 2 will be breaking the collection down, identifying what's here, and preparing it to be moved to its new home. We'll have some fun with this, and then post the conclusion with the BEST stuff in this collection. But it's ALL good! I never say things like "Amazing" and "Once In A Lifetime," but I don't mind saying it today!

Return to “Whatever Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”