Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
chancery
Verified:

Trump's Classified Docs Theft: Mar-A-Lago, FBI Subpoenas, Searches & Seizures - DOJ, Garland, GOP Madness - Spy Hard

Post by chancery »

Bobb may have effectively protected herself from a perjury prosecution through the disclaimers in her certification, but IANACrL and I dunno.

But I think (although the same disclaimer applies) that she's in peril of an obstruction charge, and also of professional discipline. It's obvious that she had no basis to make any representations about the documents, or to hold herself out as "custodian." Indeed, it should have been obvious to her that she was being asked to sign the certification precisely because she knew nothing about its subject matter.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

much ado wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 1:38 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 12:52 pm
andersweinstein wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 12:43 pm Another piece on Bobb's role. The sources, perhaps including her lawyer, spin for team Bobb, but this in particular stood out as singularly implausible:

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1579947485157466112
No she didn't. Unless tfg was being facetious.
Or unless Trump was lying to Corcoran in front of her to set her up.

Would Trump do something that devious?
He would were he clever enough, but alas...
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
tek

Post by tek »

where "what they wanted" was an attestation that there were no other documents - as opposed to actually giving them all the documents.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

tek wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:10 pm where "what they wanted" was an attestation that there were no other documents - as opposed to actually giving them all the documents.
Right. "Tell them what they want to hear."
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
much ado

Post by much ado »

Yes, I like that theory.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... xes-moved/
A Trump employee has told federal agents about moving boxes of documents at Mar-a-Lago at the specific direction of the former president, according to people familiar with the investigation, who say the witness account — combined with security-camera footage — offers key evidence of Donald Trump’s behavior as investigators sought the return of classified material.

The witness description and footage described to The Washington Post offer the most direct account to date of Trump’s actions and instructions leading up to the FBI’s Aug. 8 search of the Florida residence and private club, in which agents were looking for evidence of potential crimes including obstruction, destruction of government records or mishandling classified information.

The people familiar with the investigation said agents have gathered witness accounts indicating that, after Trump advisers received a subpoena in May for any classified documents that remained at Mar-a-Lago, Trump told people to move boxes to his residence at the property. That description of events was corroborated by the security-camera footage, which showed people moving the boxes, said the people, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss an ongoing investigation.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

And the case for conviction solidifies. :)
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

realist wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:35 am
p0rtia wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:36 pm Yeah, what Ben said. And to Realist—I’m not looking for the press, or anyone else, to inform the worshippers; their failure misleads those who are trying to base their Opinions on the best evidence available. It also skews just about every aspect of political reporting in our era.
We’ll, excuse me for misunderstanding your post. When you stated what was mind-boggling was that 98% of the press never points out that these people are the problem, I assumed, apparently wrongly, that you believed they should do so.
And apologies for misunderstanding yours. Yes, I think that the press should call out/point out/question and raise the roof about the cult/conspiracy theorists/Maga. I just don't think the press should try to convert them--or worse, blame the Dems for their inability to convert them. Conversion is off the table, IMO.
much ado

Post by much ado »

I'd like to know if there is any evidence documents were moved to other Trump properties. It could get interesting.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

much ado wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:16 pm I'd like to know if there is any evidence documents were moved to other Trump properties. It could get interesting.
Funny you should ask. Wow if true.

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

Dave from down under wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:50 pm And the case for conviction solidifies. :)
It's useful, it's step in the right direction, but far, far from enough. I'm losing patience with the well-credentialed former prosecutors who are screaming "indict now!" And "more search warrants!" Notably this witness doesn't seem to have any evidence about classified dox in other residences.

Just because you have a helpful witness whose testimony could theoretically justify an indictment -- i.e., survive a motion to dismiss -- doesn't tell you very much about whether you've done a thorough investigation or whether you're going to win at trial.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

This seems interesting.

Woah, woah, woah! Holy shit! Could this be the way the “sensitive materials” aka the classified documents got to Mar-a-Lago? Follow the receipts. I’ll post a link to the emails between Trump’s transition team and GSA below.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

I wonder if the FBI has geo tracked her phone through that drive.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

CNN now corroborates WaPo. That tells me that perhaps the witness’ lawyer wants to get out ahead of any spin trump will concoct. Just a hunch, though.

“Within Trump’s orbit, there have been months of dueling accusations and theories about who may be cooperating …. Some of [his] closest aides have continued to work with Trump even as they have seen FBI agents show up at their houses to question them and serve subpoenas.”
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

NEW: #SCOTUS refuses to hear Trump appeal over Mar-a-Lago documents. No noted dissents.
Poorly described: the court denied Trump's application to vacate a portion of the Eleventh Circuit's partial stay of Judge Cannon's order.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
much ado

Post by much ado »

Curses! Foiled again!!!
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

It was always clear that Chris Krise filed the application to placate his crazy client and give the appearance of earning his $3 million retainer.

That said,

@OrinKerr
Not remotely a surprise. Still, it’s good to not be surprised.
Robert Barnes
@scotusreporter
BREAKING: Supreme Court denies Trump request on Mar-a-Lago documents. No noted dissents
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

As predicted, and not a difficult call. Nothingburger with extra nothingcheese on top, smothered in nothingsauce, yum, yum. :shrug:

Moving forward ...

Mañana is the due date for the next brief by the DOJ, in actual fact the Opening Brief in the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals in the expedited appeal of Judge Cannon’s entire order.

I am going to go WAY out on a limb and ... not make a prediction about when it will be filed. :lol:
"Life is messy," I said.
She nodded. "Isn't it just?"
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

:lol: In all these years, I'd never looked at the calendar and didn't really know there was one until Foggy brought it up a few times recently. You can find it from the Quick Links hamburger in the upper left or at https://thefogbow.com/forum/app.php/cal. There are some really fun picks. It's very cool, thank you for having this Foggy! :thumbsup:

It is missing August 30, 1960 which of course is Orly Taitz' birfday. 8-)

Fogbow Calendar
Date Involving Event
Oct 13 J6 Committee Next hearing, 1:00 p.m. Eastern (US and Canada)
. . .
Oct 14 Trump v. United States DOJ Opening Brief, 11th Circuit
. . .
Oct 24 State of NY v. Trump Organization trial begins - NY state court - tax fraud
. . .
Oct 28 Twitter v. Musk deadline to complete sale
. . .
Oct 30 Brazil runoff presidential election
. . .
Nov 8 Federal/State Government midterm election day
. . .
Nov 10 Trump v. United States Appellee Brief (Trump), 11th Circuit
. . .
Nov 17 Trump v. United States DOJ Reply Brief, 11th Circuit
. . .
Dec 21 🌍 winter solstice
. .
Jan 23 Fogbow 14th Anniversary of Politijab Opening
. .
Feb 21 Fogbow 2nd Anniversary, Death of Formerly Fogbow
. .
Feb 22 Fogbow 2nd Anniversary, Birth of Fogbow 2.0
. .
Mar 20 🌏 vernal equinox
. . .
Jun 21 🌏 summer solstice
. . .
Jul 10 USA! USA! National Piña Colada Day
. . .
Sep 19 USA! USA! National Talk Like A Pirate Day
. .
Sep 20 Fogbow 13th Anniversary, Fogbow Opening

Can't believe it'll be 13 years, what an incredible and wonderful group of friends here. Round of drinks and CAKE for all!

And great seeing the rope tightening around that fat criminal loser's neck.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Off Topic
orlylicious wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:03 pm :lol: In all these years, I'd never looked at the calendar and didn't really know there was one until Foggy brought it up a few times recently.
It's a new thing, still a work in progress, but I'm trying to keep track of stuff that we're following - or just interesting stuff, like National Piña Colada Day or Talk Like A Pirate Day. Those should be combined, drink piña coladas and talk like a pirate, hmm. :think:

I can do other "static" pages too also, and you can make them out of html or BBCodes. BUT (there's always a "but" :roll:) only the admin can make, or edit, a page. So there won't be many. :mrgreen:
It is missing August 30, 1960 which of course is Orly Taitz' birfday. 8-)
No years. It's only UPCOMING events. It doesn't have MY birthday. 8-)
"Life is messy," I said.
She nodded. "Isn't it just?"
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

And great seeing the rope tightening around that fat criminal loser's neck.

Does anyone here read Balloon Juice? Betty Cracker over there is quite the prose stylist. She calls TFG the "bloated orange meat-sack."
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Walt Nauta is the former White House valet reportedly shown on Mar-a-Lago security footage moving boxes of documents, He also received nearly $150,000 from Trump's leadership PAC in payroll, travel expenses, and "advance consulting" between August 2021 and August 2022. 1/
much ado

Post by much ado »

The plot thickens.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”