Voter Fraud

Lani

Re: Voter Fraud

Post by Lani » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:13 pm

maydijo wrote: :snippity: And as much as I criticise Trump in my emails I'm sure they already know where I stand. (Hi NSA!)
Hi Cambridge Analytica! (It probably has more data on us than the NSA.)
Insert signature here: ____________________________________________________

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:14 pm

Oopsie.

http://thehill.com/regulation/other/340 ... 1499292453
President Trump’s voter fraud commission may have violated the law by ignoring federal requirements governing requests for information from states.

The Presidential Advisory Commission on Election Integrity asked all 50 states and the District of Columbia for extensive information last week on their voters, including full names and addresses, political party registration and the last four digits of Social Security numbers.

The request is part of work the panel is doing to promote fair and honest federal elections. It was formed after Trump made unfounded accusations about widespread voter fraud in last year’s presidential election, which he said cost him the popular vote to Democrat Hillary Clinton

The commission’s decision was both surprising and controversial, as 44 states led by Republican and Democratic governments, as well as D.C., are already resisting turning over information, according to multiple news outlets.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:19 pm

The request is part of work the panel is doing to promote fair and honest federal elections.
:rotflmao:

Addie

Post by Addie » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:25 pm

NJ.com
New Jersey just gave Trump's voter fraud inquiry a surprising answer

TRENTON -- New Jersey will become the 45th state to reject President Donald Trump's request for confidential voter data.

In a statement to the presidential advisory commission on election integrity, Robert Giles, the director of New Jersey's division of elections wrote that "no information has been released nor will any information be released that is not publicly available or does not follow the appropriate legal process for information requests." ...

Earlier on Wednesday, Lt. Gov. Kim Guadagno, the GOP nominee to replace Gov. Chris Christie, released a statement reiterating that she had recused herself as Secretary of State at the start of her run for the governorship, and as such was "not involved with handling the federal government's request for voter information."
¡Qué vergüenza!

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:40 pm

There is no legitimate reason whatsoever for them to be asking for party affiliation. In no way, shape, or form could that information help determine anything about voter "fraud", which I do not believe exists in anything even close to meaningful numbers. Of course, we can all guess why they want that piece of information.
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

vic

Post by vic » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:44 pm

RVInit wrote:There is no legitimate reason whatsoever for them to be asking for party affiliation. In no way, shape, or form could that information help determine anything about voter "fraud", which I do not believe exists in anything even close to meaningful numbers. Of course, we can all guess why they want that piece of information.
You're forgetting that if a Republican registered (and voted) in more than one jurisdiction, it was an innocent mistake. If a Democrat did it, it was VOTER FRAUD!!!

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 5 dogs, 2 cats, the neighbor's cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:41 pm

vic wrote:
RVInit wrote:There is no legitimate reason whatsoever for them to be asking for party affiliation. In no way, shape, or form could that information help determine anything about voter "fraud", which I do not believe exists in anything even close to meaningful numbers. Of course, we can all guess why they want that piece of information.
You're forgetting that if a Republican registered (and voted) in more than one jurisdiction, it was an innocent mistake. If a Democrat did it, it was VOTER FRAUD!!!
:eek2:
“I’ve been hooked since my first smell of C-4.” Linda Cox, first female Air Force Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technician, first to lead her own unit, go to war, be awarded a Bronze Star, and hold the highest enlisted rank of chief master sergeant.

Dallasite
Location: About 40,000 light years from the center of the Milky Way Galaxy.
Chemtrails Program
Human Factors and Behavioral Sciences Division

Post by Dallasite » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:28 pm

noblepa wrote:Say they find John Smith with a social security number that ends in 1234 in both Ohio and Pennsylvania.That could be a voter who moved from Ohio to Pennsylvania and neglected to tell his Ohio county board of elections of the move. That could be a voter potentially registered in two different states, like Ivanka Trump was.

However, just being registered in two different states, even if true, doesn't mean that voter fraud occurred or that the person voted twice. The most likely explanation is as I stated above; the voter moved and never told the state he/she left.

But, knowing the GOP's propensity for voter suppression and Trump's insistence that widespread voter fraud occurred in 2016, they will find these "duplicates" and, without any further research, declare that this is proof of voter fraud on a monumental scale.
What they will do is declare this as fraud and try to have John Smith completely removed from all voter roles to keep him from voting at all. The commission will try to everything they can to suppress voting, and if they are able to get party affiliation information, they will definitely target non-Republicans.
"I drank what?!?!" - Soctates, 399 BC

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:35 am

We went through that "voter fraud" crap with Chris McDaniel (remember him?) and it was an unmitigated clusterfuck. Their first lawsuit said thousands, then a hundred or so when they had to produce the evidence, then maybe 2 when the Judge backed out all the legitimate voters from the list. It was a goat circus and then it.......just went away.

Lani

Post by Lani » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:23 am

In a press release, Kris Kobach, the Kansas secretary of state and vice chair of President Donald Trump’s election integrity commission, called news that a vast majority of states have refused to cooperate with the voter fraud panel “fake news.”

“While there are news reports that 44 states have ‘refused’ to provide voter information to the Commission, these reports are patently false, more ‘fake news,'” the statement reads. “At present, only 14 states and the District of Columbia have refused the Commission’s request for publicly available voter information.”

The figure of 44 states has been confirmed by CNN, NBC and Vox, among others.
http://www.rawstory.com/2017/07/trumps- ... uests/amp/

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:30 am

Of course it's FAKE NEWS. :sarcasm:

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:34 am

Kendra wrote:Of course it's FAKE NEWS. :sarcasm:
Yeah, except the states are announcing it. Kind of hard to bury that.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:38 am

pipistrelle wrote:
Kendra wrote:Of course it's FAKE NEWS. :sarcasm:
Yeah, except the states are announcing it. Kind of hard to bury that.
IKR? Even my local news radio must be part of the FAKE NEWS!! team.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:42 am

Well of course it's FAKE NEWS, it's not what they want to hear and is not the party line. Duh!!!
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:50 am

The local radio station, KOMO, that broadcast the story about WA's position on the request for voter info is owned by: http://www.seattletimes.com/business/si ... ical-tilt/

So yeah, FAKE NEWS!!

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:57 am

Kendra wrote:The local radio station, KOMO, that broadcast the story about WA's position on the request for voter info is owned by: http://www.seattletimes.com/business/si ... ical-tilt/

So yeah, FAKE NEWS!!
I wonder when the FAKE NEWS cries will become the boy who cried wolf. I mean, I've been over FAKE NEWS for months (or always), but others are clinging.

And I get the difference between FAKE NEWS (National Enquirer) and a reporter making a mistake or doing something wrong.

Addie

Post by Addie » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:25 am

Salon: How Trump’s voter fraud lie became the latest battleground in the GOP civil war
¡Qué vergüenza!

tek

Post by tek » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:06 pm

There used to be a saying: "those who can't, teach" .. which I never subscribed to, because from kindergarten through grad school I had (some) really great teachers..

But I'm wondering if "those who can't, get elected as part of the GOP"
We are so far down the rabbit hole..

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:27 pm

The commission is nothing more than an attempt to create a fig leaf for Trump's popular vote loss. The information being sought would have nothing to do with the conclusion of the commission that there were millions of fraudulent votes, all of which were for Trump's opponent.

Most states aren't interested in a fig lead for the Orange Menace's ego.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:13 pm

On the assumption that they ever get the data, they wouldn't know what to do with it, or how to do anything with it, except of course cause havoc and abuse with it, the magnitude of ineptitude that permeates the entire administration would preclude anything real or useful coming from it.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Lani

Post by Lani » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:48 am

Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann, who grabbed national headlines last week when he boldly refused to share requests from the Trump administration for private voter file information, acknowledged on Thursday he has shared that very information with a program led by the White House’s elections point man.

The drama began last week, when Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach, the head of President Donald Trump’s newly formed Advisory Commission on Election Integrity, requested detailed voter information from all 50 states.

When asked if he would comply with the request, Hosemann, a Republican, responded: “They can go jump in the Gulf of Mexico and Mississippi is a great state to launch from,” Hosemann said in a statement on Friday. “Mississippi residents should celebrate Independence Day and our state’s right to protect the privacy of our citizens by conducting our own electoral processes.”

However, Hosemann’s office has shared birthdates, addresses and the last four digits of Mississippians’ social security numbers with a program launched in 2005 by the Kansas Secretary of State’s office, which Kobach now oversees.
https://mississippitoday.org/2017/07/06 ... ince-2009/

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:58 am

Kris Kobach, states disagree on Trump's voting fraud panel. Here's where 47 states stand.
Just three states — Florida, Nebraska and Illinois — have not publicly announced how they'd respond to the request. Here are the different ways the other 47 states and the District of Columbia have responded to the commission: <snip>
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 451763001/

a pdf file of the letter from Kris W. Kobach, the Presidential Advisory Commission on Election Integrity to The Honorable Denise Merrill, Connecticut Secretary of State
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wo ... icut-1.pdf
Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:12 am

Lani wrote:
Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann, who grabbed national headlines last week when he boldly refused to share requests from the Trump administration for private voter file information, acknowledged on Thursday he has shared that very information with a program led by the White House’s elections point man.

The drama began last week, when Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach, the head of President Donald Trump’s newly formed Advisory Commission on Election Integrity, requested detailed voter information from all 50 states.

When asked if he would comply with the request, Hosemann, a Republican, responded: “They can go jump in the Gulf of Mexico and Mississippi is a great state to launch from,” Hosemann said in a statement on Friday. “Mississippi residents should celebrate Independence Day and our state’s right to protect the privacy of our citizens by conducting our own electoral processes.”

However, Hosemann’s office has shared birthdates, addresses and the last four digits of Mississippians’ social security numbers with a program launched in 2005 by the Kansas Secretary of State’s office, which Kobach now oversees.
https://mississippitoday.org/2017/07/06 ... ince-2009/
Greg Palast was on The Thom Hartmann Program yesterday saying that many states have actually complied while saying they have not or would not.

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 5 dogs, 2 cats, the neighbor's cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:12 am

Finally!!!!!!! Good news from Arkansas!

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/a ... raud-panel
Arkansas’ GOP Governor Balks At Bogus Voter Fraud Panel’s Request
Arkansas will join the batch of other states that have refused to hand over all the voter data the President’s election fraud panel requested last week, Gov. Asa Hutchinson (R) announced Wednesday, saying he won’t share his state’s “most sensitive data.”

“I have spoken with Secretary of State Mark Martin and recommended that our state not provide all the voter information requested by the Presidential Advisory Commission on Election Integrity. The request is simply too broad and includes sensitive information of Arkansas voters. The Secretary has indicated that he will not provide Arkansas voters’ most sensitive data.

“While we remain committed to ensuring the integrity of and confidence in our electoral process, providing all of the information requested is not in the best interest of Arkansas voters. I continue to have confidence in the Secretary of State’s efforts to ensure that Arkansas’ elections are free and fair.”

Since the election integrity commission sent a letter to all 50 states requesting data — from date of birth and address to military status and the last four digits of social security numbers — 41 states have announced they won’t share the private data, a member of the panel has resigned and a privacy advocacy group has filed suit against the commission.
“I’ve been hooked since my first smell of C-4.” Linda Cox, first female Air Force Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technician, first to lead her own unit, go to war, be awarded a Bronze Star, and hold the highest enlisted rank of chief master sergeant.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:33 am

AndyinPA wrote:Greg Palast was on The Thom Hartmann Program yesterday saying that many states have actually complied while saying they have not or would not.
Some said they would provide publicly available info, while others said they would do so if it was asked for through the proper (legal) channels, and some said it can be asked for only by certain entities, with reason, etc. But I doubt many of them are coughing up birth dates and partial Socials just 'cause they were asked to.

Return to “General Politics”