Voter Fraud

kate520

Re: Voter Fraud

Post by kate520 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:00 pm

:brokenheart: :brokenheart:

Duckie gave me a check to reimburse me for some things I picked up for her shortly before she died. I told her I wouldn't cash it. She insisted I take it anyway. It's still in my wallet.
Patriotism is the last refuge of a Scoundrel.
Samuel Johnson
April 7, 1775

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:42 pm

kate520 wrote::brokenheart: :brokenheart:

Duckie gave me a check to reimburse me for some things I picked up for her shortly before she died. I told her I wouldn't cash it. She insisted I take it anyway. It's still in my wallet.
:brokenheart: :brokenheart:
"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (R-ME)

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:24 am

Whatever4 wrote:

A thread for the ages. Elliewyatt and Ducktape. :brokenheart: :cry: :cry:
And Highlands, and mimi. I miss 'em.
If dogs run free, why not we?

Addie

Post by Addie » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:48 am

The Guardian
Trump lied about 'voter fraud' ... now he wants to steal people's votes ...

At first, the voter fraud fantasy seemed like no more than a display of the touchiness and extravagant narcissism that led Trump, in the face of undeniable evidence to the contrary, to insist that his inaugural crowds were larger than Obama’s.

In fact, the lie concealed a much more ambitious and insidious political agenda. In May, with the creation of the “Presidential Advisory Committee on Voter Integrity,” Trump bootstrapped the myth of voter fraud into an institutional reality. The goal: to use the allegation of fraud to tighten voting procedures that will suppress the votes of minorities, groups that generally vote Democratic.

Vice-President Pence, who nominally chairs the 10-person committee, sought early on to assure the public that the group was convened with no preconceived views or agenda. He might as well have said: “Yes, we’ve created a dedicated, tax-payer funded committee to look into Bigfoot’s existence, but I want to emphasize that we remain open to evidence that Bigfoot may not exist.”

Alas, Bigfoot is alive and well on the committee. Recently we learned that in the run-up to the panel’s creation, a member of the Heritage Foundation, presumably Hans von Spakovsky, a well-known voter fraud alarmist, wrote an email responding to the “very disturbing” news that the commission might be “bipartisan and include democrats (sic).” Even appointing “mainstream Republican officials and/or academics,” the email warned, would run the risk of turning the committee into “an abject failure.”
¡Qué vergüenza!

Addie

Post by Addie » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:16 am

The Atlantic: A Trump Nominee's Illegal Vote Exposes the Voter-Fraud Charade

Jeffrey Gerrish’s decision to cast a ballot in Virginia isn’t so much a gotcha on him as it is on the president’s voter-fraud commission.
¡Qué vergüenza!

tek

Post by tek » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:23 pm

Addie wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:16 am
The Atlantic: A Trump Nominee's Illegal Vote Exposes the Voter-Fraud Charade

Jeffrey Gerrish’s decision to cast a ballot in Virginia isn’t so much a gotcha on him as it is on the president’s voter-fraud commission.
Yeah, but was he bused in from a neighboring state?!? I hear that every bus in the six-state New England region was tied up busing voters from Massachusetts into New Hampshire.. Funny, tho, nobody seems to have seen any unusual bus traffic on rt3/I93/I95 :confused:
Fast talkin' guys with strange red eyes
Have put things in your head
And started your mind to wonderin'

Addie

Post by Addie » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:24 pm

Daily Beast
Donald Trump’s Voter Fraud Commission Just Suffered a Court Defeat ...

At the directive of the president, Kobach has been working with Vice President Mike Pence to eliminate instances of voter fraud, of which there are statistically very few. To accomplish this, their commission has asked state election officials to share specific voter information, including voters’ felony conviction history, voter history, and partial Social Security numbers, along with a host of other details.

In July, the Trump administration told states to hold off on sending that information as the courts considered lawsuits related to privacy concerns about the request. Later that month, after a court victory, Kobach’s commission sent a second request to states to share voters’ information.

On Tuesday, Judge Sulak of Texas’s 353rd Civil District Court issued a temporary restraining order barring Texas election officials from sharing voters’ information with Kobach’s commission. His stated reason: sharing the information “may imminently violate” Texas law since there are not “appropriate precautions to safeguard the privacy and security of that information.”

The ruling is in response to a lawsuit that the League of Women Voters and the Texas State Conference of the NAACP brought against the Texas secretary of state. There have been numerous other lawsuits launched against the commission and at least 44 states have said they would not be handing over any or some of the information that Kobach has requested.
¡Qué vergüenza!

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:23 pm

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStor ... h-50470275
A decades-old letter Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach wrote denouncing apartheid in South Africa but arguing against U.S. companies pulling out has resurfaced as he runs for governor and helps lead a presidential commission on election fraud.

Questions about Kobach's past views on racial segregation in South Africa arose in 2012 when he advised then-Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney's campaign, The Wichita Eagle reports. Recently, Kansas Senate Minority Leader Anthony Hensley, a Topeka Democrat and Kobach critic, said he had heard Kobach had written a letter on the subject decades ago.

Scrutiny of Kobach has increased in recent months after President Donald Trump appointed him vice chairman of the election fraud commission and as Kobach launched a campaign for the Republican nomination for governor next year.

As Kansas' chief elections official, Kobach has successfully advocated tough voter identification laws, and critics such as Hensley contend those policies suppress turnout among minority voters. Before Kobach was elected secretary of state in 2010, he gained national attention for advocating hardline policies against illegal immigration.

Addie

Post by Addie » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:19 pm

Associated Press
More than a dozen states still refuse to release voter data

These are state-by-state responses to a request for detailed voter data from President Donald Trump’s Presidential Advisory Commission on Election Integrity, which is investigating voter fraud. The information indicates whether a state is willing to comply with, is denying or is undecided on the request for data. Some of the states that are willing to comply have fees or other requirements of the commission.

All states that have agreed to comply are withholding some details the commission sought and are releasing only information considered public under state law. The commission sent one request in late June and another in July after a court said the data collection could move ahead.
¡Qué vergüenza!

Addie

Post by Addie » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:38 pm

NBC News
Probe Launched Into Trump Voter Fraud Panel

A federal watchdog agency will investigate President Donald Trump’s Election Integrity Commission, it was announced Thursday.

The Government Accountability Office plans to probe the voter fraud panel's funding, internal operations and how it is protecting and sorting the tens of millions of sensitive voter files the commission has collected.

The announcement comes after three Democratic senators — Amy Klobuchar of Minnesota, Michael Bennet of Colorado and Cory Booker of New Jersey — sent a letter last week urging the agency to investigate the commission, saying it had ignored several requests from Congress aimed at understanding its work. The senators said the panel's creation and operations were "cause for serious concern.”

The senators wrote that they fear the way the commission is conducting its work will "prevent the public from full and transparent understanding of the commission’s conclusions and unnecessarily diminish confidence in our democratic process."

In a letter Wednesday to the lawmakers, the GAO said it had accepted the request. The agency said the investigation would begin in about five months.
¡Qué vergüenza!

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:53 pm

Five months? :shock:
If dogs run free, why not we?

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:04 pm

Georgia election server wiped after suit filed
A computer server crucial to a lawsuit against Georgia election officials was quietly wiped clean by its custodians just after the suit was filed, The Associated Press has learned.

The server's data was destroyed July 7 by technicians at the Center for Elections Systems at Kennesaw State University, which runs the state's election system. The data wipe was revealed in an email — sent last week from an assistant state attorney general to plaintiffs in the case — that was obtained by the AP. More emails obtained in a public records request confirmed the wipe.

The Kennesaw election center answers to Georgia's secretary of state, Brian Kemp, a Republican who is running for governor in 2018 and is the main defendant in the suit. A spokeswoman for the secretary of state's office said Wednesday that "we did not have anything to do with this decision," adding that the office also had no advance warning of the move.
:snippity:
Based on his review of the emails, Lamb believes that electronic polling books could have been altered in Georgia's biggest counties to add or drop voters or to scramble their data. Malicious hackers could have altered the templates of the memory cards used in voting machines to skew results.

An attacker could even have modified "ballot-building" files to corrupt the count, said Lamb, who works at Atlanta-based Bastille Networks.

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:35 pm

DejaMoo wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:04 pm
A computer server crucial to a lawsuit against Georgia election officials was quietly wiped clean by its custodians just after the suit was filed, The Associated Press has learned.

The server's data was destroyed July 7 by technicians at the Center for Elections Systems at Kennesaw State University, which runs the state's election system. The data wipe was revealed in an email — sent last week from an assistant state attorney general to plaintiffs in the case — that was obtained by the AP. More emails obtained in a public records request confirmed the wipe.

The Kennesaw election center answers to Georgia's secretary of state, Brian Kemp, a Republican who is running for governor in 2018 and is the main defendant in the suit. A spokeswoman for the secretary of state's office said Wednesday that "we did not have anything to do with this decision," adding that the office also had no advance warning of the move.
Based on his review of the emails, Lamb believes that electronic polling books could have been altered in Georgia's biggest counties to add or drop voters or to scramble their data. Malicious hackers could have altered the templates of the memory cards used in voting machines to skew results.

An attacker could even have modified "ballot-building" files to corrupt the count, said Lamb, who works at Atlanta-based Bastille Networks.
Kennesaw State is too busy worrying about hiding their cheerleaders in the locker room tunnel to keep them from taking a knee, and bowing to the interference of the Sheriff and a State legislator to be thinking about piddly shit like election data servers.

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:36 pm

That Georgia story is outrageous, MONTHS it was insecure. Already awful with the old touchscreens with no paper trail. It would be more secure to just vote online through a bank or credit card website (they have the security. Brian should be held responsible. Meanwhile...
Michael F. Bennet‏ Verified account @SenBennetCO
BIG NEWS: @USGAO accepts our request to investigate @POTUS “Voter Fraud” Commission.
12:11 PM - 26 Oct 2017 from Washington, DC

From Michael Moore: RESISTANCE CALENDAR! A one-stop site for all anti-Trump actions EVERY DAY nationwide: http://resistancecalendar.org

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:47 pm

DejaMoo wrote:
And they had no backup servers or tapes in offsite storage, just in case the server died during election??? Does this state not mandate mandatory archival procedures for electronic data?

Dan1100

Post by Dan1100 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:53 pm

RTH10260 wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:47 pm
DejaMoo wrote:
And they had no backup servers or tapes in offsite storage, just in case the server died during election??? Does this state not mandate mandatory archival procedures for electronic data?
It takes some intentional effort above and beyond just deleting everything to wipe a hard drive so that the data can't be recovered.
"Let's say you're on trial for armed robbery. You say to the judge, 'I forgot armed robbery was illegal.' "

-Steve Martin

kate520

Post by kate520 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:44 pm

Today I heard a discussion on NPR in the car that my Google fu can’t locate now. A data scientist was talking about birthdays and voter registration and how amazing it is to most people that so many registered voters have the same names and birth - didn’t catch if date or just year. :oops: According to him, if you just looked at the kind of data the commission is looking at, Mike Pence voted 8 Times in Indiana.

He and a team took voter data from Somewhere, Pennsylvania, devised a formula and ran numbers. They had thought at first it would take a couple of days at most to complete the project. It turned out to be over a year.

Out of the 750,000 votes that were flagged as duplicate votes, ie fraud based just on names and birthdays matching, their formula accounted for 720,000 of the “overvotes”. But wait, they said, what’s this oddity about American naming conventions? They got the actual voter rolls out and poured over them, for months.

Right off the bat, they compared their list of actual names of those voting more than once and their voter rolls. They were able to eliminate many based on the fact they only signed the voter book, ie showed up to vote at, one precinct.

How many women named June do you think were born in June? Or Aprils in April? Autumns in September? Persons named Carol or Jesus? What exact birth date do you think they might have in common? Yes! :winner:

When they wrote formulas to account for those, too, out of the remaining 30,000 fraudulent votes attributed to this particular data set, here’s how many fraudulent votes they actually found:
► Show Spoiler
(Starti, mea culpa, I’m sure I’ve committed a grave sin against data and/or data scientists here, somewhere. Do you know of this research?)
Patriotism is the last refuge of a Scoundrel.
Samuel Johnson
April 7, 1775

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:24 pm

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/ ... lap-244741
President Donald Trump's beleaguered voter-fraud commission was hit with a new federal lawsuit Thursday, but this time from an unusual source: one of the panel's own members.

Maine Secretary of State Matt Dunlap, one of four Democrats on the 11-member board, filed a suit claiming that he's being denied access to the commission's records and effectively frozen out of its activities.

The suit, which is at least the sixth legal case filed against the panel, comes as questions are swirling about the commission's future and whether the Trump administration might simply abandon the effort.

A commission meeting in New Hampshire led to a high-profile dispute between the board's vice chairman, Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach, and another panelist, New Hampshire Secretary of State Bill Gardner, over allegations of voting by non-residents in the Granite State's first-in-the-nation primary.

Return to “General Politics”