Voter Fraud

tek

Re: Voter Fraud

Post by tek » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:03 pm

Addie wrote:Associated Press
Democrats accused Kobach of misleading the public by using irrelevant data to rehash false claims.
I'm shocked!
We are so far down the rabbit hole..

Addie

Post by Addie » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:16 am

Talking Points Memo
Trump Voter Fraud Commission Poised To Double Down On Debunked NH Claims ...

When President Trump’s so-called “elections integrity” commission gathers in New Hampshire on Tuesday for its second meeting, it appears ready to double down on those widely-mocked allegations, judging by presentations planned for the meeting and posted by the White House on Friday evening. ...

Kobach touted the data Thursday in an op-ed for Breitbart, where he is a paid columnist, alleging that the state hosting the commission’s meeting this week was the site of “more than enough” illegal voting in 2016 “to swing the election.” ...

A fellow commission member, J. Christian Adams, also blogged about the data, arguing that it meant that “the overwhelming majority” of those out-of-state ID holders “can no longer be found in New Hampshire.”

A Washington Times article coming to similar conclusions was tweeted out by a spokesman for Vice President Mike Pence, who chairs the commission.
¡Qué vergüenza!

June bug

Post by June bug » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:23 am

Edit: Never mind - turns out NH requires you to change to theirs within 60days. However, the education and military service caveats still apply.
I haven't checked NH regulations, but Hawaii allows you to use your out of state driver's license until it expires. In my case, that meant three years after we moved here from CA, but it could have been up to almost 10 years since that's how long CA DLs are good for.

Addie

Post by Addie » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:29 am

Daily Beast
Howard Dean Threatens New Hampshire Primary Over Proposed Voter ID Restrictions

The former chair of the Democratic National Committee said on Monday that his party could level the harshest of punishments on New Hampshire if its secretary of state doesn’t back away from efforts that could restrict voter participation.

Howard Dean, who ran the DNC from 2006 to 2008, argued that the Granite State could be stripped of its “first-in-the-nation” primary status and, potentially, have its presidential delegates removed.

“A state with voter suppression ought not to be honored by the Democratic Party by having the first-in-the-nation primary, period,” Dean said in an interview with The Daily Beast. “If they choose to hold their primary [before anyone else], you can strip the state of any delegates so that no delegates are awarded and you can sanction candidates who are running there.”

Dean’s remarks ratchet up the war of words being waged over a slate of restrictive voter ID laws and efforts proposed by the Trump administration. Opponents have characterized the proposals as acts of clandestine voter suppression.
¡Qué vergüenza!

Addie

Post by Addie » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:52 pm

WaPo
Trump's voter fraud commission is hearing a proposal to make every voter pass a gun background check

A gun researcher who says the federal gun background check system doesn't work has a new idea for preventing voter fraud at polling places: Make every voter pass a federal gun background check.

John Lott, an independent researcher and Fox News commentator, is best known for his book "More Guns, Less Crime," which argues that increases in gun ownership are associated with drops in crime (most mainstream criminologists reject this view).

But Lott also occasionally branches out into other topics. Back in 2006, he wrote a paper on voter fraud, arguing that "regulations that prevent fraud are shown to actually increase the voter participation rate." He is not otherwise known for work on elections or voting. Michael McDonald, a University of Florida political scientist, noted in an email that the paper was not published in an academic journal and said that its findings were "not credible."

Lott has nonetheless been invited to speak at Tuesday's meeting of President Trump's commission on voter fraud. There, he'll argue that elections officials should run prospective voters through the federal background check system, currently used for gun purchases, before allowing them to register to vote.
¡Qué vergüenza!

Addie

Post by Addie » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:51 pm

The Hill
Schumer: Democrats eyeing ways to disband Trump's election commission

Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) said on Tuesday that Democrats are mulling how to disband President Trump's voter fraud commission, as the panel meets in New Hampshire.

"[The commission is] a nasty solution in search of a problem. The election integrity commission ought to be disbanded. We will be looking for ways to do that legislatively. The real threat of election integrity comes not from voter fraud but from foreign meddling and cyber attacks," Schumer said.

Trump created the commission by executive order in May to investigate his claims, presented without evidence, of widespread voter fraud in last year’s presidential election. But it's been beset by lawsuits and controversy, including a widely rejected request that states send in voter roll data.

Schumer pledged over the August recess that Democrats would try to link disbanding the commission to a must-pass bill.
¡Qué vergüenza!

neeneko

Post by neeneko » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:20 pm

Addie wrote: A gun researcher who says the federal gun background check system doesn't work has a new idea for preventing voter fraud at polling places: Make every voter pass a federal gun background check.
So would this mean there will be an exception for voting at a convention without needing a background check?

vic

Post by vic » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:43 pm

neeneko wrote:
Addie wrote: A gun researcher who says the federal gun background check system doesn't work has a new idea for preventing voter fraud at polling places: Make every voter pass a federal gun background check.
So would this mean there will be an exception for voting at a convention without needing a background check?
Hey, don't be quick to dismiss this. I have one tiny tiny tweak that would make it perfect. When you do the background check, you are either allowed to vote, or to own guns, but not both.

tek

Post by tek » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:08 pm

vic wrote:
neeneko wrote:
Hey, don't be quick to dismiss this. I have one tiny tiny tweak that would make it perfect. When you do the background check, you are either allowed to vote, or to own guns, but not both.
:like: :lol:
We are so far down the rabbit hole..

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:39 pm

The gubbermint doesn't know I own a gun. It's an unregistered gun. I get to vote. :blink:
♪ ♫ I'll stop the world and melt with you! ♫ ♪

Addie

Post by Addie » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:46 pm

That would fix things. :thumbs:
vic wrote:Hey, don't be quick to dismiss this. I have one tiny tiny tweak that would make it perfect. When you do the background check, you are either allowed to vote, or to own guns, but not both.
¡Qué vergüenza!

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:08 pm

Foggy wrote:The gubbermint doesn't know I own a gun. It's an unregistered gun. I get to vote. :blink:
Pink guns don't count.
"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (R-ME)

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 5 dogs, 2 cats, the neighbor's cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:16 pm

Whatever4 wrote:
Foggy wrote:The gubbermint doesn't know I own a gun. It's an unregistered gun. I get to vote. :blink:
Pink guns don't count.
What's wrong with pink guns? Foggy, you might need a civil rights lawyer if your gun is pink. :-D
“I’ve been hooked since my first smell of C-4.” Linda Cox, first female Air Force Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technician, first to lead her own unit, go to war, be awarded a Bronze Star, and hold the highest enlisted rank of chief master sergeant.

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:54 am

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote:
Whatever4 wrote:
Pink guns don't count.
What's wrong with pink guns? Foggy, you might need a civil rights lawyer if your gun is pink. :-D
From the amazing thread ON THIS VERY SITE called I accidentally bought a pink gun

http://thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 07#p112882
"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (R-ME)

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:21 am

That was a BB gun, remember? And it's now blacker than Trump's shriveled cankered heart.

And I had two cataract surgeries since then.

My rifle is a very different story. 8-)
♪ ♫ I'll stop the world and melt with you! ♫ ♪

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 5 dogs, 2 cats, the neighbor's cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:24 am

Whatever4 wrote:
Whatever4 wrote:
Pink guns don't count.
From the amazing thread ON THIS VERY SITE called I accidentally bought a pink gun

http://thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 07#p112882
Thanks, W4! What a funny thread!
An Arkansas feller specializes in designs on Glocks. http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2017 ... -20170903/
If Foggy'd a bought a pink Glock he'd be in style right now with pink legos, etc. :rotflmao:
“I’ve been hooked since my first smell of C-4.” Linda Cox, first female Air Force Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technician, first to lead her own unit, go to war, be awarded a Bronze Star, and hold the highest enlisted rank of chief master sergeant.

Tiredretiredlawyer

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:31 am

Foggy wrote:That was a BB gun, remember? And it's now blacker than Trump's shriveled cankered heart.

And I had two cataract surgeries since then.

My rifle is a very different story. 8-)
You PAINTED it!!!!!?????? How very un-avant garde!!!!! You had the very first Barbie BB-Gun worth gazillions by now!!!!!! Pressured by your kids, huh? SOME excuse! I raiseded 2 boys my own self. You gotta take a stand sometimes. :-D

BTW- loved the "shriveled cankered heart". There is more than a smidgeon of the writer in you.

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:54 am

The difference between your gun and your vote is someone is actually coming for your vote.

neeneko

Post by neeneko » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:58 am

DejaMoo wrote: The difference between your gun and your vote is someone is actually coming for your vote.
Eh, to be fair, there have been waves of trying to get guns out of the hands of minorities. Even today the strictest gun laws in the US tend to be focused on minority heavy regions.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:08 am

Perhaps Kobach could re-institute poll taxes and literacy tests, too. Or just cut to the chase and only allow white males who own real property to vote.

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:16 am

Sterngard Friegen wrote:Perhaps Kobach could re-institute poll taxes and literacy tests, too. Or just cut to the chase and only allow white males who own real property to vote.
And even better... allow each white male to vote in each district in which he owns property.

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:17 am

Sterngard Friegen wrote:Perhaps Kobach could re-institute poll taxes and literacy tests, too. Or just cut to the chase and only allow white males who own real property to vote.
There have been Republicans calling for this over the past few years. I recall one female Republican elected politician who went on record as favoring the repeal of the 19th Amendment. They've been effectively using racism and sexism to advance their agenda to consolidate power in the hands of the uber-wealthy few.

Gregg

Post by Gregg » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:39 am

Whatever4 wrote:
Pink guns don't count.

Their are pink guns, I actually saw one at a hardware store in Florida...

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore ... stols-pink

Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky

kate520

Post by kate520 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:41 am

Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.

Mohammed Ali

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:55 am

A thread for the ages. Elliewyatt and Ducktape. :brokenheart: :cry: :cry:
-- Sen. King (R-ME)

Return to “General Politics”