Voter Fraud

AndyinPA

Re: Voter Fraud

Post by AndyinPA » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:30 am

pipistrelle wrote:
AndyinPA wrote:Greg Palast was on The Thom Hartmann Program yesterday saying that many states have actually complied while saying they have not or would not.
Some said they would provide publicly available info, while others said they would do so if it was asked for through the proper (legal) channels, and some said it can be asked for only by certain entities, with reason, etc. But I doubt many of them are coughing up birth dates and partial Socials just 'cause they were asked to.
I don't want ANY of that information kept in a single data base, not mine and not anyone else's.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:39 am

AndyinPA wrote:
pipistrelle wrote:
AndyinPA wrote:Greg Palast was on The Thom Hartmann Program yesterday saying that many states have actually complied while saying they have not or would not.
Some said they would provide publicly available info, while others said they would do so if it was asked for through the proper (legal) channels, and some said it can be asked for only by certain entities, with reason, etc. But I doubt many of them are coughing up birth dates and partial Socials just 'cause they were asked to.
I don't want ANY of that information kept in a single data base, not mine and not anyone else's.
I agree. I was responding to the idea that "many states have actually complied."

AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:48 am

pipistrelle wrote:
AndyinPA wrote:
pipistrelle wrote:
I agree. I was responding to the idea that "many states have actually complied."
I understood that. :thumbs:

jonbeck

Post by jonbeck » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:24 pm

Wan't it the Republicans who screamed bloody murder about a gun database?

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 5 dogs, 2 cats, the neighbor's cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:13 pm

jonbeck wrote:Wan't it the Republicans who screamed bloody murder about a gun database?
Interesting, but, yes, I think you are correct. However, nothing surpasses or even equals the SECOND AMENDMENT. Just so we are clear.
“I’ve been hooked since my first smell of C-4.” Linda Cox, first female Air Force Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technician, first to lead her own unit, go to war, be awarded a Bronze Star, and hold the highest enlisted rank of chief master sergeant.

Addie

Post by Addie » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:01 pm

Source is unfamiliar to me.

Colorado Independent
In Colorado, ‘confusion,’ ‘hysteria,’ and voters unregistering at some local election offices ...

“There’s confusion, there’s hysteria,” says Amber McReynolds, the director of elections in Denver. In the past week her office has been flooded with calls and foot traffic. Denver has seen a 2,150 percent increase in voters cancelling their registration in recent days. There were 180 on July 6 alone.

“In over 12 years of administering elections I never expected to see a day in the office where we would have more withdrawals than new registrations— and that happened yesterday,” she told The Colorado Independent. “So, it’s real.”

In Arapahoe County, a mix of rural ranches and suburbia southeast of Denver, elections officials say they’ve seen an uptick in voters casting off their franchise.

“Which is frustrating,” says Matt Crane, who heads up the elections office there. So far this whole year, 365 voters un-registered, he says after crunching the numbers. Roughly 42 percent of those came in the past week alone. “I think we all know why that is,” he says.
Adding:
ABC7 Denver: Hundreds withdraw Colorado voter registrations in response to compliance with commission request
¡Qué vergüenza!

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:02 pm

Here you go, Donald. One of the 3,000,000 fraudulent votes you received.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/voter-fraud ... ump-twice/
Vím o prasatech hodně zajímavých věcí.

Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:25 pm

Notorial Dissent wrote:On the assumption that they ever get the data, they wouldn't know what to do with it, or how to do anything with it, except of course cause havoc and abuse with it, the magnitude of ineptitude that permeates the entire administration would preclude anything real or useful coming from it.
If they should ever get the data, I would fully expect it to end up in the hands of Cambridge Analytics or some other partisan group.
"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."
---Sun Tzu (quoting Thomas Jefferson)
nam-myoho-renge-kyo---Thomas Jefferson (quoting Slartibartfast)

Addie

Post by Addie » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:19 pm

Associated Press
State election officials gather amid uproar over voter data

INDIANAPOLIS — State election officials from across the U.S. are gathering this weekend amid an uproar over a White House commission investigating allegations of voter fraud and heightened concern about Russian attempts to interfere with last fall's election.

That's drawn an unusual spotlight to the gathering of the National Association of Secretaries of State, which kicked-off Friday in Indianapolis and will host officials from 37 states.

Security of election systems is sure to be a major point of discussion and will be the subject of a series of closed-door meetings Saturday. ...

The conference lands one week after the commission investigating President Donald Trump's allegations of election fraud requested voter information from all 50 states, drawing blowback from Republicans and Democrats alike. The request seeks dates of birth, partial Social Security numbers, addresses, voting histories, military service and other information about every voter in the country.
¡Qué vergüenza!

Addie

Post by Addie » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:32 pm

Palm Beach Post
For Florida, privacy trumps Trump in federal voter purge

You know your voter fraud fantasies are in trouble when the state of Florida won’t play along.

This week, Florida belatedly joined 44 other states in announcing it wouldn’t fully comply with the wishes of the Presidential Advisory Commission on Election Integrity. ...

It’s quite a task. Especially since recent data suggests that voter fraud occurs at a negligible rate. One recent study found 31 instances of in-person voter fraud among the nearly billion ballots cast between 2000 to 2014.

The numbers may be small, but the ego is large. And so every state has been asked to fork up not only all available public information about its voters, including party affiliation, but also information that isn’t public — such as driver license numbers, and the last four digits of residents’ Social Security numbers.

All of it to be placed in some super-duper voting database held and manipulated in the White House.
¡Qué vergüenza!

Fortinbras

Post by Fortinbras » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:45 pm

The supposed Trump-authorized investigation asks the states for their entire voting registration rolls (the names and usually the addresses and party affiliations are not considered confidential) PLUS a good deal of detail that is considered confidential, such as SSN, birthdate, and some other personal data connsidered very sensitive under the Federal Privacy Statute - to the point that federal/state agencies are not supposed to share that information.

Having all the information in one temporary, politically-charged, commission practically begs for a major data hijacking. To conjure a completely imaginary wild scenario, it could give a political party a complete and nearly up-to-date list of every registered voter in America, with enough personal data about his finances and background, to enable a computer-engineered mail campaign that would send every voter propaganda custom-tailored to appeal to his probable inclinations, with campaign promises that might be the exact opposite of what's sent to his next-door neighbor.

As it is, most states are refusing simply because the expansiveness of the requested information would cause them to violate several privacy laws, opening the state agencies up to lawsuits and even criminal prosecution; and some have refused simply because they smell a rat.

Fortinbras

Post by Fortinbras » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:49 pm

Right now, when I see the words VOTER FRAUD, I do not think of the smattering of people who voted when they weren't entitled to vote; I think of the Fraud Upon the Voters.

Such as the promise to come up with something better than Obamacare, something Wonderful, that would cover everybody, and be more affordable.
And the promise to revive factories and keep them from leaving the country.
And the promise to root out corruption in high places.

That kind of fraud.

Addie

Post by Addie » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:01 pm

Yeah. Me, too.
Fortinbras wrote:I think of the Fraud Upon the Voters.
¡Qué vergüenza!

Addie

Post by Addie » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:19 pm

Mother Jones
These Three Lawyers Are Quietly Purging Voter Rolls Across the Country

Willie Miller was born in 1948 in Noxubee County, Mississippi, an agricultural community along the state’s eastern border named after a Choctaw word that translates roughly to “stinks like fish.” As a teenager, she saw the civil rights movement transform the region, where previously no African Americans had been registered to vote. In 2000, Miller, who is black, was elected to the Noxubee County Election Commission, and she’s been reelected every four years since. Today, the county of 11,000 is more than 70 percent African American and has a poverty rate nearly three times the national average. “You got a few that’s gonna crawl out of the cotton fields and go on and do something else with their lives, and most of them are gonna leave,” Miller says. For those who stay, Miller does her best to make sure they’re able to vote.

In June 2014, Miller and her four fellow election commissioners received a letter threatening legal action if they did not purge voters from the rolls. The letter came from the American Civil Rights Union (ACRU), a Virginia-based group that has fashioned itself in recent years as a conservative counterpart to the ACLU. The ACRU requested that the commissioners reduce the number of registered voters by the midterm elections that fall because, it claimed, there were more people registered than there were voting-age citizens in the county. The commissioners wanted to fight back, but lacking the funds to hire an attorney, they decided not to respond and waited to see what would happen next.

The letter they had received was one of many that the ACRU had started sending to small, rural counties across Mississippi, Texas, Kentucky, Alabama, and Arizona the year before. These letters were part of a legal campaign spearheaded by three former Justice Department officials from the George W. Bush administration to purge voter rolls across the country. The effort began in remote areas with few resources for legal defense, but recently it’s expanded to include population centers in key swing states. Voting rights advocates worry that the campaign is targeting minorities and likely Democratic voters.

The letter to Noxubee County alleged that the county was violating a federal law that requires states to keep their rolls up to date. The commissioners maintained that they were following the law. In fall 2015, the ACRU’s attorneys began to push the commission to sign a consent decree that would commit the county to vigorous vetting of its registered voter list in order to avoid a lawsuit. Among its provisions, the draft decree would require the commission to send a non-forwardable notice to all registered voters asking them to confirm their eligibility. Every voter who did not fill it out and return it would be put on a list of inactive voters, and anyone on that list who failed to vote in two federal elections would be removed from the rolls. ...

There are already indications that the administration is turning its focus to voter purges. Last week, the Voting Section sent letters to states across the country requesting information on their laws and processes for removing names from voter rolls. Vanita Gupta, who ran the Civil Rights Division during the Obama administration, warned in a statement that these requests are likely “the beginning of an effort to force unwarranted voter purges.”
¡Qué vergüenza!

Addie

Post by Addie » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:45 pm

Kansas City Star
Mainstream Republicans may have had enough of GOP extremists

Last Monday, Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach wrote a column for the conservative website Breitbart defending his request for voter data from all 50 states. It’s part of an investigation into alleged voter fraud in 2016.

Naturally, Kobach turned the column into a partisan broadside. “The hyperventilating on the Left about this request is particularly strange,” he wrote.

Yet the most interesting opposition to Kobach’s overreach didn’t come from liberals or Democrats. It came from Republican governors and secretaries of state, who told the Kansan to take a hike.

“We do not want any federal intervention in our state’s right and responsibility to conduct elections,” said Ohio Secretary of State Jon Husted, a Republican. ...

But the GOP pushback against his request is significant. It reflects a growing desire among mainstream Republicans to reclaim their party from its most extreme elements.
¡Qué vergüenza!

Addie

Post by Addie » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:37 am

Associated Press
‘Voter Fraud’ Panel Leader Kobach A No-Show At Secretaries Of State Conference

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) —California’s chief elections official is puzzled by the absence of Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach from a gathering of elections officials from across the U.S.

Kobach is the co-chair of a White House voter fraud commission that’s investigating allegations made by the President Donald Trump without proof that there were millions of fraudulent ballots cast during last November’s election.

California Secretary of State Alex Padilla said Saturday that it’s “awkward, to put it mildly” that Kobach opted against attending the National Association of Secretaries of State conference in Indianapolis this weekend.
¡Qué vergüenza!

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:59 am

One of the comments on the story about Kobach not showing up for the meeting. :lol:
Kris K Kobach is reportedly at a conference on vote bleaching. You know... it's the application of whitening agents to take out the color from election ballots.
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 5 dogs, 2 cats, the neighbor's cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:16 pm

http://enewspaper.latimes.com/infinity/ ... 6bf740270e
Vote investigator has rocky past
Ken Blackwell is on Trump’s voter fraud panel. Blunders marred his tenure as Ohio’s elections chief.

Blackwell had served as mayor of Cincinnati and state treasurer before becoming Ohio’s top elections official, so a bid for governor in 2006 seemed a logical next step in his political career.

But in March of that year, his office caused a stir: The full Social Security numbers of 1.2 million Ohio voters were posted accidentally on the office’s website.

A month later, in a separate incident, Blackwell’s office inadvertently distributed lists with the Social Security numbers of 5.7 million voters. The numbers, by law, are supposed to stay private.
:snippity:
Blackwell, 69, has been tapped to serve on the Trump administration’s bipartisan voter fraud commission, an endeavor election officials nationwide have called a waste of time.
“I’ve been hooked since my first smell of C-4.” Linda Cox, first female Air Force Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technician, first to lead her own unit, go to war, be awarded a Bronze Star, and hold the highest enlisted rank of chief master sergeant.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:40 pm

A bit OT, but this is who we're supposed to trust with our personal data?

http://thehill.com/policy/cybersecurity ... for-months
Hackers gained access to credit cards and other information from guests at 14 Trump organization properties in 2016 and had unfettered access to the information for months, the organization reported Tuesday.

A statement released on the organization's website reported that hackers gained access to "cardholder name, payment card number, card expiration date, and potentially card security code" information for guests who stayed at Trump hotels between August 2016 and March 2017.

In some cases, hackers also gained access to guest names, email, phone numbers, addresses, and other information, although the company reported that Social Security numbers and passports were not accessed.

“The privacy and protection of our guests’ information is a matter we take very seriously,” the Trump organization said in the statement.

"We recommend that affected guests review the information in this letter for some steps they can take to protect themselves against potential misuse of their information."

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:44 pm

No offer of free protection?

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:51 pm

pipistrelle wrote:No offer of free protection?
His typical guests can afford their own protection?

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:23 pm

Kendra wrote:A bit OT, but this is who we're supposed to trust with our personal data?

Hackers gained access to credit cards and other information from guests at 14 Trump organization properties in 2016 and had unfettered access to the information for months, the organization reported Tuesday.

A statement released on the organization's website reported that hackers gained access to "cardholder name, payment card number, card expiration date, and potentially card security code" information for guests who stayed at Trump hotels between August 2016 and March 2017.

In some cases, hackers also gained access to guest names, email, phone numbers, addresses, and other information, although the company reported that Social Security numbers and passports were not accessed.

“The privacy and protection of our guests’ information is a matter we take very seriously,” the Trump organization said in the statement.

"We recommend that affected guests review the information in this letter for some steps they can take to protect themselves against potential misuse of their information."
Continuing the threadjack, one would have thought that since Teh Donald announced his candidacy way back, that his companies would have immediately reviewed and enhanced security. Fof anyone with an eye on the situation it was obvious that anything related to Trump would become a special target.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:04 am

RTH10260 wrote:
Kendra wrote:A bit OT, but this is who we're supposed to trust with our personal data?

Continuing the threadjack, one would have thought that since Teh Donald announced his candidacy way back, that his companies would have immediately reviewed and enhanced security. Fof anyone with an eye on the situation it was obvious that anything related to Trump would become a special target.
Oh, come on now. That would have cost LOTS of money and LaRump is cheap cheap cheap along with stupid stupid stupid.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Dan1100

Post by Dan1100 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:50 am

Anna Massoglia‏Verified account @annalecta 10m10 minutes ago

White House released 112 pages of voter comments to Kobach & Trump's Election Integrity Commission—they're amazing. https://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/whiteh ... 1-2017.pdf
"Let's say you're on trial for armed robbery. You say to the judge, 'I forgot armed robbery was illegal.' "

-Steve Martin

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:49 am

Dan1100 wrote:
Anna Massoglia‏Verified account @annalecta 10m10 minutes ago

White House released 112 pages of voter comments to Kobach & Trump's Election Integrity Commission—they're amazing. https://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/whiteh ... 1-2017.pdf
page 30.
You are stupid fucks. And mean. And assholes.
Stupid mean fucking assholes.
Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

Return to “General Politics”