Voter Fraud

mimi

Voter Fraud

Post by mimi » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:44 pm

The Brad Blog has been tracking cases of machines flipping the votes. This year, there are cases of Republican flipping to Democrat. That's different than previous years. [/break1]bradblog.com/]http://www.bradblog.com/He's keeping track of them all. But this is the breaking news:Daytona commissioner arrested for ballot fraudUpdated: Wednesday, 27 Oct 2010, 11:58 AM EDTPublished : Wednesday, 27 Oct 2010, 11:53 AM EDTDAYTONA BEACH, Fla. - Daytona Beach City Commissioner Derrick Henry and his campaign manager were arrested Wednesday, charged with committing absentee ballot fraud during Henrys 2010 re-election campaign.The arrest of Henry and Genesis Robinson comes a little more than two months after Volusia County Supervisor of Elections Ann McFall requested an investigation into irregularities in absentee ballot requests coming into her office.McFall brought her concerns to the Volusia County Sheriffs Office in August, prompting the Sheriffs Office and the State Attorneys Office to immediately launch a joint investigation that ultimately led to the filing of a dozen felony charges against both defendants.The investigation revealed that Henry and Robinson devised a strategy to boost Henrys re-election bid by obtaining absentee ballots for numerous people, most of whom never requested the ballots. By law, residents are only allowed to request absentee ballots for themselves, immediate family members or for someone for whom they’re acting as legal guardian.[...][/break1]myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/volusia_news/102710-daytona-commissioner-arrested-for-ballott-fraud]http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/vo ... lott-fraudWhy?

realist

Voter Fraud

Post by realist » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:50 pm

Interesting on its face, but more interesting is that all the RWNJ bloggers and "journalists," including Hannity have put up "Guess the party affiliation" posts and blogs all over the intertubes, intimating that it MUST be a democrat or the party affiliation would have been mentioned in the first paragraph, an obvious ploy of the LSM to hid the fact that the's a Democrat.

Well, in fact, in the original article, the "party affiliation is mentioned. It was edited out in the RW blogs... SURPRISE!!!

[/break1]wftv.com/news/25536806/detail.html]http://www.wftv.com/news/25536806/detail.html

Daytona Beach Commissioner Arrested On Fraud Charges

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- Daytona Beach City Commissioner Derrick Henry and his campaign manager, Genesis Robinson, were arrested Wednesday, charged with committing absentee ballot fraud during Henry’s 2010 re-election campaign, the Volusia County Sheriff's Office said. Henry is nonpartisan, which means he has no party affiliation.
ImageX 4 (have met 36 Obots at meetups) Image X 4

Litlebritdifrnt2

Voter Fraud

Post by Litlebritdifrnt2 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:57 pm

Not sure this belongs here but on the flip side the "poll observers" from the Republicans are being accused of voter intimidation in NC[/break1]talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/10/voters_complain_about_gop_poll_watchers_in_nc_coun.php]http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.c ... c_coun.php"The offending observers have reportedly stood behind the registration table (where they're not allowed) and taken pictures of the license plates of voters using curbside voting (also illegal), according to the director of the Wake County elections board. In other cases, director Cherie Poucher said, it's been a matter of voters finding normal, legal observing activities intimidating."" Poucher explained the situation as enthusiastic observers being "unclear" on election law. "I think they got a lot of misinformation at whatever training they had," she said, adding that her office was getting more complaints than usual. "When you get a lot of new people involved in the process, they don't really understand the process."

TexasFilly

Voter Fraud

Post by TexasFilly » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:59 pm

I strongly advise all of you to either take your own camera or use your cell phone camera when you vote. Anybody taking pics of you, your car, etc. should be photographed. Tends to freak them out.
I love the poorly educated!!!

I believe Anita Hill!

Litlebritdifrnt2

Voter Fraud

Post by Litlebritdifrnt2 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:56 pm

Speaking of voter fraud if the republicans are so convinced that the dems are going to get hammered on Tuesday why all the screeching about voter fraud?Perhaps they know more about what Nate speculates here:[/break1]blogs.nytimes.com/2010/10/27/for-democrats-losing-the-house-is-not-inevitable-just-very-likely/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter]http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.co ... um=twitter"Now suppose that the forecast understates Democratic support by 2 points. There are 8 seats in which we project the Republican candidate to win by a margin of between 1 and 2 points; now these would also be wiped off the board. Now the Republican gains would be reduced to just 38 seats — and the Democrats would hold the House, 218-217!Read that again: it means that if our forecasts turn out to be biased against Democrats by just 2 points overall, the party becomes about an even-money bet to hold the House."I think the right knows that many of the polls are flawed because they rely on land lines only, this ignores the huge younger generation that only has a cell phone as well as those with caller ID who will not answer a robocall. I think the "voter fraud" meme is being floated by the right as cover for them not "sweeping" the elections. In case anyone had any doubts Rush spent a great deal of time on his show today speaking of "voter fraud" and trying to convince democrats not to vote to enable Hillary to run in 2012 (Operation Reverse Chaos).

mimi

Voter Fraud

Post by mimi » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:52 pm

I strongly advise all of you to either take your own camera or use your cell phone camera when you vote. Anybody taking pics of you, your car, etc. should be photographed. Tends to freak them out.You better check if it's legal in your area. You can take your cellphone w/ camera, but can't use it in the polling place. Not in a lot of places. The conservatives are encouraging people to download a phone app. It's to report voter fraud. I don't know anything more about it.Feature RichJust in time for Election Day, American Majority Action has created the nation’s first mobile application to help identify, report and track suspected incidents of voter fraud and intimidation. This free, cutting edge system will enable voters to take action to help defend their right to vote. Whether you’re a campaign junkie, or just want a better America, Voter Fraud will help you report violations at the election booth and serve to uphold the democratic process.Take a look at the full list of features below and be sure to download the app for your mobile phone. By the way, did we mention it was FREE?Read MoreUser ReviewsWe think this app will be a game changer in November and beyond. Finally we have a way keep our elections honest and fair. All reports will be immediately sent to the proper election officials for action. If you still have doubts, take a look at what real users are saying:[/break1]org/voterfraudapp/]http://americanmajorityaction.org/voterfraudapp/*edited cuz I think I had the app name wrong.

hitch

Voter Fraud

Post by hitch » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:35 pm

OT regarding my county's registrar staff.We went down today to drop off our VBM ballots. My partner had spoiled one of his ballots and requested a new one, the staff member took his ballot from him, asked him which sections he wanted to change and then proceeded to put correction tape over the completed arrows and returned the spoiled ballot to him for updating.I was shocked at 1) how she was violating his privacy in voting, 2) that she thought she what she was doing was right and couldn't understand when I told her that it was improper. She refused to give him a fresh ballot. As my partner stood there dumbfounded, I marched to another window and informed the manager who expressed shock and horror at what her staff member was doing. She immediately went and got my partner a new ballot and then pulled her staff member aside and gave her a dressing down. She returned and told me that she would be having a meeting shortly with all her staff to inform them they couldn't do this.I can't figure out just why the clerk thought this was appropriate and couldn't see that if such changes were allowed to happen on the ballot it essentially destroyed the integrity of the ballot. Whose to say that at the end of the day at my precinct I just don't go through the ballots and remark them? We both left visibly upset wondering about how many others she had done this to and the fact that their ballot will most likely not count.Not a good day for my county.

kate520

Voter Fraud

Post by kate520 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:38 pm

The really sad thing, hitch, is that you will become some officious ass in the clerk's retelling, who almost cost the clerk her job.
Patriotism is the last refuge of a Scoundrel.
Samuel Johnson
April 7, 1775

elliewyatt

Voter Fraud

Post by elliewyatt » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:42 pm

I strongly advise all of you to either take your own camera or use your cell phone camera when you vote. Anybody taking pics of you, your car, etc. should be photographed. Tends to freak them out.You better check if it's legal in your area. You can take your cellphone w/ camera, but can't use it in the polling place. Not in a lot of places. You cannot photograph or video in a polling place.

Better is to take a notebook and pencil and the phone numbers of your local Dem Party Office and County Elections Office.

First report any concerns to the person in charge of the polling place, take notes and then step outside and call the Dem Party Office who have trained people on duty to receive these reports of concerns and usually have a trained person on scene ASAP. Then call the County Elections office. Give your phone number and follow up your reports. When you get home, call to report to elections integrity orgs. Also report to DOJ:

Due to the protections of four federal voting rights laws, cases of qualified voters being improperly denied their right to vote or register to vote are now rare. However, in every major election, some voters are still improperly turned away from the polling place, or encounter conditions that voting difficult or confusing. Some of these incidents are accidental, others are intentional, but all should be reported.

What Should be Reported?

Any action or condition you feel prevented or was intended to prevent you from voting. Just few examples include; polls opening late or closing early, "running out" of ballots or having your identity or voter registration status improperly challenged.

Any action or condition you feel made it difficult for you to vote, including but not limited to; lack of handicapped accessibility and accommodation, lack of assistance for people with limited English ability, confusing ballots, lack of privacy while voting, generally unhelpful or unknowledgeable poll workers or officials.

How to Report Voting Problems

If you experience any problem or confusion while voting report the situation to one of the poll workers or election officials immediately. Do not wait until you have finished voting. If the election officials at the polling place are unable or unwilling to help you, the problem should be reported directly to the Civil Rights Division of the U.S. Department of Justice. There are no special forms to use or procedures to follow--just call the Civil Rights Division toll-free at (800) 253-3931.

I always carry these phone numbers when I go to vote. I have told the story of running into two problems at my polling place-- one was a worker not understanding ID requirements and the other was elder people being disenfranchised by not having their needs accommodated.

BOTH issues were well addressed and solved by bringing them to the attention of the person in charge of the polling place. Had they not been, my next step would be to call the local Dem party, as they have people on duty that are specifically trained and knowledgeable about how to solve such issues, and will dispatch someone.

While it IS our job to keep an eye out and help to see that voting is free and unencumbered, it is not our job to be cops with cameras intimidating people at the voting places or confronting anyone. Do not speak to anyone inside the polling place but official elections workers.

Take a notepad and local phone numbers.

mimi

Voter Fraud

Post by mimi » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:13 pm

Voters Complain About GOP Poll Watchers In N.C. CountyRachel Slajda | October 27, 2010, 11:49AMIn Wake County, N.C., elections officials have received a couple dozen complaints about intimidating Republican poll watchers at early voting locations.The offending observers have reportedly stood behind the registration table (where they're not allowed) and taken pictures of the license plates of voters using curbside voting (also illegal), according to the director of the Wake County elections board. In other cases, director Cherie Poucher said, it's been a matter of voters finding normal, legal observing activities intimidating.The observers who've caused problems are all Republicans, Poucher said; the Democratic Party hasn't submitted a list of registered poll watchers yet, but is expected to do so today.The North Carolina GOP has had other problems this year training poll watchers. According to local reports, a Republican board of elections official in Pamlico County created a training video for poll watchers. The video was so rife with errors that the state board of elections asked the state Republican Party not to allow the use of the video in any training programs.remainder:[/break1]talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/10/voters_complain_about_gop_poll_watchers_in_nc_coun.php]http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.c ... c_coun.phpMN County Attorney Says Conservative Voter Buttons Are BannedThe buttons that Minnesota conservative groups want their supporters to wear to tell poll watchers to ask them for their I.D. won't be allowing in polling stations, Hennepin County Attorney Mike Freeman tells TPMMuckraker."You can't wear campaign buttons in a polling place, state law says you can't. And election judges can't even wear, you know, 'Stamp Out Election Fraud.' So that's going to be interesting in the next few days," Freeman said.[/break1]talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/10/mn_county_attorney_bans_conservative_voter_buttons.php]http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.c ... uttons.phpAnd the Dems screwed up absentee ballots in IL. I don't have that link handy. I think the birthdates were wrong on a bunch.

elliewyatt

Voter Fraud

Post by elliewyatt » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:25 pm

CBS, CNN capture video of Ohio attorney subpoena served on Karl Rove

COLUMBUS, Ohio (CGE) - A federal subpoena, issued by Ohio attorney Cliff Arnebeck and sanctioned by the Office of Ohio Secretary of State, was served last Sunday in Washington to Karl Rove on his way to an appearance on the CBS news program Face the Nation.

In an article written by Bob Fitrakis and Harvey Wasserman and published at OpEdNews.com, the federal subpoena orders Rove to testify in deposition about his role in the alleged theft of the 2004 election, and to discuss his orchestration of tens of millions of corporate/billionaire dollars in this year's General Elections on November 2.

Contacted Wednesday to comment, Arnebeck, a Columbus attorney with a long history of involvement in election related cases, notably as plaintiff attorney in the on-going King-Lincoln-Bronzeville federal lawsuit that Fitrakis and Wasserman have used to try to question Rove on an election they say the Republican campaign expert stole for George W. Bush in 2004, said of his role in the 2010 election cycle, "Rove has asked for all this money on behalf of the Republican candidates’ campaigns. Under Citizens United that still constitutes a gift to those campaigns and is still subject to limits and prohibitions of campaign finance laws. Camouflaging the gifts by running them through nice sounding non-profit corporations is nothing but the latest form of money-laundering.”

In a hearing conducted shortly before the presidential election in 2008 that garnered little attention from national or local media, Arnebeck deposed Michael Connell, Rove's former chief computer guru, whose long history working for the Bush family, and subsequently in Ohio as a contractor with Republican Secretary of State J. Kenneth Blackwell during the 2004 election, is well documented.

[/break1]examiner.com/government-in-columbus/cbs-cnn-capture-video-of-ohio-attorney-subpoena-served-on-karl-rove]http://www.examiner.com/government-in-c ... -karl-roveThe Ohio SoS above, Jennifer Brunner, replaced the infamous Kenneth Blackwell. Wiki:

Blackwell gained national prominence for his dual roles as Chief Elections Official of Ohio and honorary co-chair of the "Committee to re-elect George W. Bush" during the 2004 election. Allegations of conflict of interest and voter disenfranchisement led to the filing of at least sixteen related lawsuits naming Blackwell. Regarding voter disenfranchisement, a federal appellate court ruled, in agreement with Blackwell, that provisional ballots cast in the wrong polling location should not be counted in the election, but the court overturned his directive to poll workers that they refuse to issue provisional ballots unless satisfied as to the voter's residence. Blackwell was also named in a 2006 lawsuit related to his office's public disclosure of the Social Security numbers of Ohio residents.

Sequoia32

Voter Fraud

Post by Sequoia32 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:36 pm

OT regarding my county's registrar staff.

We went down today to drop off our VBM ballots. My partner had spoiled one of his ballots and requested a new one, the staff member took his ballot from him, asked him which sections he wanted to change and then proceeded to put correction tape over the completed arrows and returned the spoiled ballot to him for updating.

I was shocked at 1) how she was violating his privacy in voting, 2) that she thought she what she was doing was right and couldn't understand when I told her that it was improper. She refused to give him a fresh ballot. As my partner stood there dumbfounded, I marched to another window and informed the manager who expressed shock and horror at what her staff member was doing. She immediately went and got my partner a new ballot and then pulled her staff member aside and gave her a dressing down. She returned and told me that she would be having a meeting shortly with all her staff to inform them they couldn't do this.

I can't figure out just why the clerk thought this was appropriate and couldn't see that if such changes were allowed to happen on the ballot it essentially destroyed the integrity of the ballot. Whose to say that at the end of the day at my precinct I just don't go through the ballots and remark them? We both left visibly upset wondering about how many others she had done this to and the fact that their ballot will most likely not count.

Not a good day for my county.!!!

I wonder if this clerk checked the party of the ballot before deciding to apply correction tape or give a fresh ballot?

I think this needs to be reported further.
So far every case of Ebola in this country got it by helping people. So relax, Republicans, you're in the clear. - Tina Dupuy

shrek

Voter Fraud

Post by shrek » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:36 pm

[link]One Of Kris Kobach's Zombie Voters Actually Still Alive, Thanks,http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.c ... p?ref=mblt[/link]

Kris Kobach, a Republican candidate for Secretary of State in Kansas, has been all over the voter fraud issue, and has asserted that dead voters are still casting ballots. At a press conference, he said one of those so-called zombie voters was Alfred K. Brewer, who -- according to Kobach -- died in 1996 but still voted in the primary this year.

But instead of pushing up daisies, the Wichita Eagle found Brewer in his front yard, raking up leaves.

"I don't think this is heaven, not when I'm raking leaves," Brewer, a Republican, told the newspaper. "I'm just as surprised as you are."

A spokesman for Kobach's Democratic opponent Chris Biggs said in a statement that this was "exactly the kind of mistake a qualified candidate for Secretary of State would never make."Who would have thought the guy who helped write AZ Immigration law would be a lying idiot? :roll:

Addie

Voter Fraud

Post by Addie » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:40 pm

[/break1]talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/10/elderly_black_voters_allegedly_intimidated_at_thei.php]Talking Points MemoTwo middle-aged white Republican activists in Texas allegedly harassed and intimidated at least seven elderly African-American voters at their homes in eastern Texas, according to a complaint filed with the Justice Department on Thursday.Gerry Hebert, executive director of the Campaign Legal Center, submitted a report to DOJ alleging that two unidentified women visited elderly African-American voters at their homes in Bowie County and questioned them about their mail-in ballot applications, Mother Jones first reported. ...A GOP candidate for Bowie County Clerk, Natalie Nichols, also allegedly threatened a Bowie County elections official due to her concerns over mail-in ballot fraud.Lacey Golden, the elections official, said in a statement that Nichols came into the office on Oct. 15 and asked if Golden had verified the signatures on the envelopes of mail-in ballots and grew aggressive.
¡Qué vergüenza!

Litlebritdifrnt2

Voter Fraud

Post by Litlebritdifrnt2 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:07 pm

ABL (Angry Black Lady) is guest posting over at BJ right now and I am really enjoying her posts. This one however made me mad as hell. [/break1]balloon-juice.com/2010/10/28/texas-is-messing-with-itself/]http://www.balloon-juice.com/2010/10/28 ... th-itself/"A bunch of Tea Party asshats (who are so not racist and so not violent; and just because there are a few eleventy-three asshats doesn’t mean they are all asshats; and why on earth does everybody keep picking on them?) have taken voter fraud to that ‘notha level:Misleading fliers are showing up on the windshields of vehicles at a predominately African-American polling place in Houston that claim to come from a non-existent group called the “Black Democratic Trust of Texas.”The fliers were placed on the windshields of vehicles at and near the Sunnyside Early Voting location and tell voters not to voter straight Democrat, according to Texas Democrats and local news reports.“Republicans are trying to trick us!” the flier reads. “When you vote straight ticket Democrat, it is actually voting for Republicans and your vote doesn’t count. We are urging everyone to VOTE for BILL WHITE. A VOTE for BILL WHITE is a VOTE for the ENTIRE DEMOCRATIC ticket. We have fought too hard to let Republicans use voting machines to deny us our basic rights. We must guard the change and NOT VOTE STRAIGHT TICKET DEMOCRAT!”"This has been reported all over the country, Tea Party and Republican groups printing flyers aimed directly at minority voters telling them not to vote, directly after there have been ratfucking operations telling Latinos not to vote. I keep asking this question, if the Republicans are so convinced that they are going to have a resounding victory on Tuesday then why the hell are they doing this? OTHER THAN THE FACT THAT THEY DON'T THINK THEY ARE GOING TO HAVE A RESOUNDING VICTORY ON TUESDAY AND THEY WILL DO ANYTHING TO SUPRESS THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY VOTE! Methinks that the Republican party doth protest too much.

Sterngard Friegen

Voter Fraud

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:20 pm

Massive voting fraud occurred in Sharon Meroni's imagination. But that's the subject of another thread.

Highlands

Voter Fraud

Post by Highlands » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:07 pm

[link]S.F. election worker arrested over missing ballots,http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... 1G6ETJ.DTL[/link]San Francisco police have arrested an election worker but have not recovered 75 ballots he allegedly stole from a polling station, police said Wednesday.Karl Bradfield Nicholas, 50, of San Francisco left his post at 4:15 p.m. on election day at the station on Knott Court with the ballots and a memory card that recorded the votes cast, said Lt. Lyn Tomioka, a San Francisco police spokeswoman.He was arrested at his home in the Ingleside at 1:12 a.m. Wednesday, but police were unable to find the missing items. Nicholas, formerly of Kentfield and San Rafael, is a computer repairman and registered Republican. He represents himself in lawsuits and has a website in which he rails against the court system.Seems like this was pretty easy for him to do. :?
If you took out all of the blood vessels in your body and lined them up, you would be dead. #science

bob

Voter Fraud

Post by bob » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:41 pm

[link]S.F. election worker arrested over missing ballots,http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... 1G6ETJ.DTL[/link][/break1]fresnobee.com/2010/11/04/2146982/missing-sf-ballots-found-floating.html"]Missing SF ballots found floating in pondJohn Arntz, San Francisco's director of elections, said Thursday the ballots were found floating in a pond at the Palace of Fine Arts in the city's Marina neighborhood.
Imagex4 Imagex2 Imagex2 Imagex2

Dallasite
Location: About 40,000 light years from the center of the Milky Way Galaxy.
Chemtrails Program
Human Factors and Behavioral Sciences Division

Voter Fraud

Post by Dallasite » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:59 pm

I just had to post that at GretaWire![link]ELECTION FRAUD!!!!!!!!!!!!,http://gretawire.forums.foxnews.com/top ... on-fraud-1[/link]
"I drank what?!?!" - Soctates, 399 BC

Plutodog

Voter Fraud

Post by Plutodog » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:44 pm

Which they've virtually ignored since...and then we get Daniel Cabrera asking us to walk with him again... :roll:
The only good Bundy is an Al Bundy.

Foggy

Voter Fraud

Post by Foggy » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:06 am

..and then we get Daniel Cabrera asking us to walk with him again... :roll:Consider yourselves lucky. I'm on Cabrera's mass-emailing list now. Y'know how his rants always start out like this?

What follows is all over the entire NET in many blogs and sites, it is sent to a great umber of radio talk-shows, all tv and cable networks in addition to 'Washington DC KINGDOM'...meaning, WHITE HOUSE,CONGRESS,SENATE, MANY POLITICIANS (corrupted and others that look not so corrupted),...virtually everyone out there.Well, he's lying about sending it to the government. Here's the list:

HARDBALL@msnbc.com,

[/break1]org]MRC@mediaresearch.org,

[/break1]com]Nancy@nancyskinnerlive.com,

[/break1]com]NEBLIGHAHN@gmail.com,

[/break1]com]newsmanager@foxnews.com,

[/break1]newsmax.com]newsmax@reply.newsmax.com,

[/break1]com]ontherecord@foxnews.com,

[/break1]com]OPINION@americanparchment.com,

[/break1]com]oreilly@foxnews.com,|RACHEL@msnbc.com,

[/break1]com]REDEYE@foxnews.com,

[/break1]com]SANDY@salemradiochicago.com,

[/break1]com]SCOOP@huffingtonpost.com,

[/break1]livedesk@foxnews.com]show.livedesk@foxnews.com,

[/break1]com]special@foxnews.com,

[/break1]com]studiob@foxnews.com,

[/break1]com]WEBMEDIA@nytimes.com,

[/break1]com]writemalkin@gmail.com

I'm in elite company getting those emails, yesno?
If dogs run free, why not we?

Return to “General Politics”