Breaking News: National Intelligence Whistle Blower

Whatever4

Breaking News: National Intelligence Whistle Blower

Post by Whatever4 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:20 pm

Seems something serious is breaking...

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1172 ... 03136.html
(SUMMARY2) In view of the foregoing history-making cover-up in the US intel community, the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence has taken the extraordinary step of publicly indicating it believes Trump or his team committed the acts in question intelligence.house.gov/

(SUMMARY3) The House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence must now pursue emergency legal process—via both a subpoena and, I imagine, a suit for immediate legal relief when that subpoena is inevitably ignored—to *protect* U.S. national security from the Trump administration

(SUMMARY4) Because this has never happened before, and the Inspector General for the intelligence community has confirmed to Congress that the whistleblower's paperwork was properly filed—and that Congress is entitled to it—only an extraordinary coverup explains what is happening

(SUMMARY5) Media has created a timeline of dates listed in the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence's demand for documents and now seems to believe the whistleblower could be—or be connected to—an outgoing Trump administration official who has urgent news for Congress

(SUMMARY6) This revelation comes at the end of two straight weeks of Trump endangering national security in spectacular fashion, with the release of classified intelligence on Twitter, needlessly angering murderous in-theater Taliban soldiers by insulting their leaders, and more

(SUMMARY7) It can hardly be doubted that the president is a clear and present danger to national security—as that's been proven to Americans near-daily by the president's unhinged, contemptuous-of-US-intelligence behavior for two years—but there are fears that it's getting worse

(SUMMARY8) The research for my book PROOF OF CONSPIRACY suggests the President of the United States is not loyal to the United States—and that he and his family have put their interests above the safety and security of US families; the intel the House is asking for may prove this

(SUMMARY9) Revelations that Trump is only considering those inside his circle of trust—who know about his international collusion, particularly in the Middle East and with Russia—to replace NSA John Bolton only increase fears that Trump is lying to America about what he has done

(SUMMARY10) Americans must stay atop this story, as Congress is being kept in the dark about a national security issue the intel community's Inspector General terms "urgent" and that Trump's administration is illegally—and in a way never before seen in US history—withholding /end
"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

Foggy

Re: Breaking News: National Intelligence Whistle Blower

Post by Foggy » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:09 am

:shock:
They say that on his deathbed, Voltaire, asked to renounce the devil, said, "This is no time to be making new enemies."

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:20 am

House Intelligence Chairman Adam Schiff is alleging that the nation's top intelligence official is illegally withholding a whistleblower complaint, possibly to protect Trump or senior White House officials.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:24 am

HMMM: SCHIFF has issued a cryptic subpoena, claiming an intel community whistleblower's complaint has been withheld from Congress -- and could, perhaps, involve the president.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:34 am

Another piece of the puzzle to impeachment?

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:01 am

This looks like the tip of a potentially Titanic iceberg.
@RepAdamSchiff
doesn’t call something of “urgent concern” unless there’s a 10-alarm fire on board. WATCH THIS SPACE!!!
I believe Schiff was a student of Professor Tribe, and that Tribe said he was one of the best students he ever had.

tek

Post by tek » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:34 pm

This is bizarre :confused:
There's no way back
from there to here

tek

Post by tek » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:39 pm

There's no way back
from there to here

PaulG

Post by PaulG » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:36 pm

Is there the slightest possibility that Schiff doesn't know what is in the complaint? Does he have to get the official notification?

Lani

Post by Lani » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:15 pm

Spy shitstorm underway this week.

Michelle Zilio
@MichelleZilio
11h
BREAKING: RCMP official charged with breaching official secrets law oversaw Russian money-laundering probe https://theglobeandmail.com/canada/arti ... w-oversaw/ (via @globeandmail) #cdnpoli #RCMP #CameronOrtis

Michelle Zilio@MichelleZilio
Replying to
@MichelleZilio and @globeandmail
#CameronOrtis oversaw a money-laundering probe into allegations that millions in defrauded Russian tax dollars, exposed by Russian tax lawyer Sergei Magnitsky, were funneled through Canada, a source with knowledge of the matter told The Globe and Mail. #cdnpoli #RCMP

Exfiltrated Russian asset's location in WDC is exposed.

Trump tries to get McCabe indicted.

From an article a year ago:
Trump’s Top Targets in the Russia Probe Are Experts in Organized Crime
Some of President Trump’s favorite targets in the Russia probe have spent their careers in the Justice Department and the FBI investigating organized crime and money laundering, particularly as they pertain to Russia.
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/ar ... me/569056/
Insert signature here: ____________________________________________________

MsDaisy

Post by MsDaisy » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:50 pm

CBS had a transcript from Adam Schiff’s interview on Face the nation this morning, the first bit talks about Iran but the second talks about the whistleblower…

:snippity:
MARGARET BRENNAN: I want to ask you about some work you're doing here at home, which was you issued a subpoena on Friday for the acting director of intelligence alleging he's withholding a whistleblower disclosure possibly to protect President Trump. That's a pretty significant allegation here. We're putting up a quote on the screen from you. Have you gotten a response to this letter?

REP. SCHIFF: We've gotten a response and the director has said essentially that he is answering to a higher authority and refusing to turn over the whistleblower complaint. This is deeply troubling. No director—

MARGARET BRENNAN: Just ignoring the subpoena?

REP. SCHIFF: Well, at this point, yes. Ignoring the subpoena, ignoring our request. No DNI- no director of national intelligence has ever refused to turn over a whistleblower complaint. And here, Margaret, the significance is the inspector general found this complaint to be urgent, found it to be credible, that is they did some preliminary investigation, found the whistleblower to be credible, that suggests corroboration. And that it involved serious or flagrant wrongdoing. And according to the director of national intelligence, the reason he's not acting to provide it even though the statute mandates that he do so, is because he is being instructed not to. This involved a higher authority, someone above the DNI. Well there are only a few people--

MARGARET BRENNAN: Yeah.
More…

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/transcript ... r-15-2019/
Birfers are toast

Sunrise

Post by Sunrise » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:08 pm

Methinks the higher authority must be The Chosen One. :torches:
"I am no longer accepting the things I cannot change. I am changing the things I cannot accept."
Angela Davis

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:22 pm

But is he covering for himself, or for someone he'd bother to care enough to protect? Everyone else gets tossed under the bus but his kids...

Can this person find his/her way to speak directly to Congress?

fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III

Post by fierceredpanda » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:36 am

Kendra wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:22 pm
But is he covering for himself, or for someone he'd bother to care enough to protect? Everyone else gets tossed under the bus but his kids...

Not easily. Whisteblowing in the domain of national security is, by definition, a violation of the NDA that literally everyone who handles classified intelligence information signs. SCOTUS has upheld those restrictions. Congress isn't within the need-to-know of whatever information this is, so the whistleblower would be coming forward at the peril of losing their job at minimum, and being subject to federal prosecution by the Barr DOJ at maximum. Would you risk it? I sure wouldn't.

President Obama's Presidential Policy Directive 19 (PPD-19) was an attempt to provide some sort of protection for intelligence whistleblowers, but at the end of the day, the process is still entirely internal to the intelligence community. They cannot bring a retaliation lawsuit in court, and Congress can't really provide the kind of immunity they would need to feel safe from prosecution. To my understanding, going to the IG is as far as they can safely go within the scope of PPD-19 and subsequent laws. If the DNI or someone above them overrules the IG and tells Congress to pound sand, Congress can issue a subpoena, which will be ignored, and that's the end of it unless courts intervene.

This is why it matters when courts continue to slow-walk the blanket refusal by the Trump Administration to comply with Congressional subpoenas. If Hilary Clinton had known that such a strategy would be successful, she could have avoided the Benghazi hearings altogether, and she would be President right now.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:39 am

fierceredpanda wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:36 am
Kendra wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:22 pm

This is why it matters when courts continue to slow-walk the blanket refusal by the Trump Administration to comply with Congressional subpoenas. If Hilary Clinton had known that such a strategy would be successful, she could have avoided the Benghazi hearings altogether, and she would be President right now.
Or McConnell packs the courts with sycophants.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:05 pm

Rank speculation: The whistleblower is the translator who interpreted for Trump during his meeting(s) with Putin.

That translator knows a traitor when s/he hears one.

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:11 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:05 pm
Rank speculation: The whistleblower is the translator who interpreted for Trump during his meeting(s) with Putin.

Interesting.
I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett

HST's Ghost

Post by HST's Ghost » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:35 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:

fwiw, that was my first reaction/hope when I read this...
Either give me more wine or leave me alone. - Rumi

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:49 pm

HST's Ghost wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:35 pm
Sterngard Friegen wrote:

fwiw, that was my first reaction/hope when I read this...
That's been all over Twitter as well. But wasn't that a while ago? Now urgent?

fierceredpanda

Post by fierceredpanda » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:53 pm

The translator would be attached to the Department of State, not a part of the Intelligence Community. State has its own IG. Since the DNI IG is investigating, we can infer that it's something else.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:02 pm

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:08 am

fierceredpanda wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:53 pm
The translator would be attached to the Department of State, not a part of the Intelligence Community. State has its own IG. Since the DNI IG is investigating, we can infer that it's something else.
Speculative question. How could the WH and dotus be forced to show they still had those notes taken by the translator and they have not been destroyoed. Would a destruction by a president be an impeachable activity?

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:24 am

pipistrelle wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:02 pm
Hidden Content
Hidden Content
Learn to Swear in Latin. Profanity with class!
https://blogs.transparent.com/latin/lat ... -in-latin/

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:21 am

fierceredpanda wrote:
That was my first thought as well. But with this Administration, who the fuck knows who they brought along to translate? Certainly the Intel Agencies have a lot of Russian translators. Then again, the meetings with Putin were relatively distant in time. I always say Trump commits 20 crimes a day. It could be anything.

I do hope Schiff is ready to go to court within minutes of the "acting" ignoring his subpoena. I know Schiff hired Daniel Goldman, former AUSA at SDNY. I would frame the filing as a request for injunctive relief and keep my fingers crossed it doesn't land in the court of a Trump Judge.
Edit: It would be nice if the press was all over the Senate Intel Committee on this, but the press seems to ignore them. It would be helpful if Mark Warner would speak up too. Also.
I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett

fierceredpanda

Post by fierceredpanda » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:47 am

RTH10260 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:08 am
fierceredpanda wrote:
Speculative question. How could the WH and dotus be forced to show they still had those notes taken by the translator and they have not been destroyoed. Would a destruction by a president be an impeachable activity?
The definition of "impeachable" is whatever a majority of the House of Representatives thinks it is.

Return to “Impeachment”