Thread to bash Democrats who don't support torturers, murderers, rapists, and kidnappers but have otherwise offended me

listeme

Re: Thread to bash Democrats who don't support torturers, murderers, rapists, and kidnappers but have otherwise offended

Post by listeme »

Foggy wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:23 pm
I know, I know ... and so never mind.

Estiveo is a Democrat who doesn't support torturers, murderers, rapists, or kidnappers, but he otherwise offended RC.

So he's exactly what this thread is about, n'est ce pas? Threatening to piss on his grave was the very spirit of Democratic unity, I reckon. Isn't piss fertilizer? Isn't it gonna make the flowers grow?

That's nice. :sick:
I took this thread as I think RC intended it, which was to bash Democratic POLITICIANS.

I could care less about where urine ends up, myself, but I've been spending a lot time around animals. Don't get me started on where shit ends up. (Hint: everywhere.)
We're used to being told it's our fault that men don't listen to us.

Foggy

Re: Thread to bash Democrats who don't support torturers, murderers, rapists, and kidnappers but have otherwise offended

Post by Foggy »

Yabbut fertilizer. Piss is chock full of nitrogen, potassium and phosphorus, which are the nutrients plants need to thrive - and the main ingredients in common mineral fertilizers.

... and it's practically sterile when it leaves the body.

In my defense, I was left unsupervised.

(opens a Fogbow contribution page on PayPal)

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB »

Foggy wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:21 pm
Yabbut fertilizer. Piss is chock full of nitrogen, potassium and phosphorus, which are the nutrients plants need to thrive - and the main ingredients in common mineral fertilizers.

... and it's practically sterile when it leaves the body.
And leaves brown spots when my neighbor's dog dares trespass upon my lawn.
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

I think mebbe you gotta spray it for best effect. It is highly acidic, IIRC.

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

listeme wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:39 pm
I took this thread as I think RC intended it, which was to bash Democratic POLITICIANS.

:snippity:
Yes, one of the purposes of this thread was to confine Democratic politician bashing to one thread if anyone would like to ignore it. The thread title also puts that bashing in the proper perspective IMO. Your opinion may vary.
"“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention.”

Heather Heyer, November 2016

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, I get it.

We shouldn't attack Democratic politicians, but it's OK to attack fellow members of the forum. Politicians must be protected from people saying anything negative about them, if they're not politically correct. We mustn't criticize them. But members of the forum who aren't sufficiently politically correct should have their graves pissed on.

When did that go into effect? Did I miss a memo? :confused:

rikker

Post by rikker »

According to Republicans torture doesn't exist. It is "enhanced interrogation", in much the same way as Republicans define murder as "enhanced trying to get away from the cops while unarmed."

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

Here's a problem I have with Kamala Harris running for president: Daniel Larsen.

From Wikipedia:
On August 24, 2012, the Los Angeles Times published an editorial calling on Harris to release Daniel Larsen from prison. Larsen, who was sentenced to 28 years to life under California's three strikes laws for possession of a concealed weapon in 1999, was declared "actually innocent" by a federal judge in 2009 and ordered released. Evidence in favor of Larsen included that of a former chief of police and the actual owner of the knife. Larsen's original lawyer, who failed to call a single witness, has since been disbarred.

Larsen remained in prison because Harris's office objected to his release on the grounds that he missed the deadline to file his writ of habeas corpus. The California Innocence Project, which had taken up Larsen's case, said this amounted to a paperwork technicality. The Times editorial stated that if Harris was not willing to release Larsen, Governor Jerry Brown should pardon him. In March 2013, Larsen was released on bond with the case on appeal by order of Attorney General Harris "on technical grounds". In September 2013, the Ninth Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals upheld the ruling, and on January 27, 2014, the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office dismissed the charge.
So a man who was declared "actually innocent" and ordered released in 2009 was not released from prison for FOUR YEARS because Harris kept him in prison because of a technicality involving the timing of him filing paperwork.

And I know we're not supposed to criticize Democratic politicians no matter what they do or say under the new forum administration, but I'm going to go ahead and call fucking bitch on this one anyway. :madguy: Call me misguided but I think keeping an innocent man in prison for four years is maybe even a little more serious than refusing to vote for Gavin Newsom. Maybe it's just me, but that's how I feel.

.. and anyone who doesn't like it can piss on my grave too. :thumbs:

P.K.
Location: Second star to the right, and straight on till morning.

Post by P.K. »

Estiveo wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:33 pm
Actually, Estiveo is not a Democrat. Estiveo is a Decline to State and has been known to vote for Republicans in the past.
We're called "No Party Preference" nowadays. I preferred Decline to State - it sounds almost mysterious. No Party Preference sounds wishy washy.
IANALBIPOOTV - I am not a lawyer, but I've played one on TV. In fact, IANA (fill in the blank) but chances are I've played one on TV.

Mikedunford

Post by Mikedunford »

Reality Check wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:44 pm
listeme wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:39 pm

:snippity:
Yes, one of the purposes of this thread was to confine Democratic politician bashing to one thread if anyone would like to ignore it. The thread title also puts that bashing in the proper perspective IMO. Your opinion may vary.
My opinion does vary, particularly as to the 'proper perspective,' and I'll get to that at some point in the near future.

Right now, I'd just like to note that the last time I embarrassed myself by letting my own ego get so completely out of control that I started telling other people what is or isn't generally appropriate behavior at the Fogbow, I got publicly slapped down by a moderator and wound up making a public apology to the board. YMMV.

I'll provide a full explanation later of why I think it's not only appropriate but important - especially under the current circumstances - to continue to disagree with and/or criticize Democrats just as we would have before this maladministration. As to the purpose of this thread, here's my view:

Unless and until otherwise directed by either the board owner or a moderator, I will continue to express my honest opinions of people, places, and/or things in any thread where the discussion seems on-topic for that thread. I don't think it's on me to censor myself to any particular thread or threads for your personal convenience; it's on you to do what you have to do to ignore the things that you don't want to listen to.
"I don't give a fuck whether we're peers or not."
--Lord Thomas Henry Bingham to Boris Johnson, on being asked whether he would miss being in "the best club in London" if the Law Lords moved from Parliament to a Supreme Court.

Dave at Sea

Post by Dave at Sea »

maydijo wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:17 pm
Or we could look at macro solutions. Compulsory voting means major parties have to be fairly central if they want a snowball's chance at actually gaining government, while also allowing for fringe parties which can attract the freaks and weirdos. Added bonus - the government can't enact laws like photo ID to disenfranchise voters, because then *they* are breaking the law! (And if you really don't want to vote, it's not that hard to get out of, just tell the AEC you were sick and couldn't get out of bed; but study after study has shown that when voting is compulsory, 95% of people actually cast a legitimate vote.) Preferences mean you can vote for your ideal, dream candidate knowing that you aren't wasting your vote because it'll eventually trickle down to the mainstream candidate who is most tolerable to you. This can also lead to changes in the major parties; if Labor knows that 15% of its voters gave first preference to Greens they're more likely to implement some Green policies as a way of winning over those voters. Those are just two examples from Australian elections, I'm sure other countries also have very good, viable solutions that would keep a nightmare like Trump from happening while still allowing voters to support candidates they actually like, rather than holding their noses and voting, or abstaining altogether. It really doesn't have to be as grim as "if you're not voting for the Democrats you're voting for the Republicans." But again, as with so many other issues (health care, gun control), Americans are convinced theirs is the only right way to do something and no other country can possibly have anything to bring to the table.

I'd start with overhauling the Primary season. It is so cost-prohibitive that many good candidates simply can't run because they don't have the financial backing. It's insane that we allow candidates from the same party to tear each other to shreds as a way of choosing the best candidate. By the time any candidate gets through that, they are so compromised and bruised and voters are already exhausted from the entire process and the ugliness it entails - you could start off with Mother Teresa and by the end of the Primary season she'd look bad. (I purposefully chose a person who has some controversy around her already as a way of illustrating that the bad would come to the forefront, and all of the good would be lost in the negativity.) There's nothing in the Constitution calling for the Primary system so it is something that is feasible to change.
I like our system - it's not perfect - some opportunity for dodgy dealing in preferences and the ability to get into the senate with 17 votes after a high court case.. etc

I agree with you that the US primaries are dirty and nasty - that happens mostly behind closed doors here.

busterbunker

Post by busterbunker »

Okay - here's one thing that kinda flipped me out. Before the whole #metoo thing, I always thought Al Franken was gay and Kevin Spacey was straight.

I'm not offended. I got no problem if you're gay or straight. Just gotta take my gaydar down the shop and get it fixed.

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious »

Friends, I am begging you. With 15 days to go we need to focus and keep our heads down and get people out to vote. Please, please don't fight, argue, worry, bedwet :P, talk about 2020 or other GOP fueled distractions, this is about healthcare, raising the minimum wage and restoring some civility to our great country. If it's not about the midterms and getting voters out, it's not getting us to goal. There will be two years to argue policy and candidates for 2020... I'm seeing a lot of distraction and in answer to my question yesterday about canvassing and phonebanking only Foggy replied.

15 Days.JPG

What are you doing to help us win back Congress? And super importantly, Governors and State legislators (remember the 2020 Census will be controlled by the state's governing party). Please post in the midterm topic http://thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=11284, we need ideas and work to get this done. Heading out to do more canvassing, hope others are too, we need to take back America! Thanks for considering it. :bighug:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hey! Don't miss The Fogbow's Favorite TV Show™ starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: From Not To Hot!"

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

:yeah:

Mikedunford

Post by Mikedunford »

Pardon my cynicism, but I suspect that after the midterms there will be another very compelling and important reason that it will be a Bad Thing for any members of this forum to mildly criticize Democratic politicians.
--Lord Thomas Henry Bingham to Boris Johnson, on being asked whether he would miss being in "the best club in London" if the Law Lords moved from Parliament to a Supreme Court.

stoppingby

Post by stoppingby »

Mikedunford wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:17 pm
Pardon my cynicism, but I suspect that after the midterms there will be another very compelling and important reason that it will be a Bad Thing for any members of this forum to mildly criticize Democratic politicians.

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I'd respond to this thread, but I'm too argumentative. :mrgreen:
Learn to Swear in Latin. Profanity with class!
https://blogs.transparent.com/latin/lat ... -in-latin/

maydijo

Post by maydijo »

busterbunker wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:17 am
Okay - here's one thing that kinda flipped me out. Before the whole #metoo thing, I always thought Al Franken was gay and Kevin Spacey was straight.

I'm not offended. I got no problem if you're gay or straight. Just gotta take my gaydar down the shop and get it fixed.
ABBC3_OFFTOPIC
I thought Al Franken was gay too, but the Kevin Spacey thing wasn't a surprise, I had a gay friend who frequented LA nightclubs 20 years ago and he told me then there were rumours that he liked them young. I just assumed young still meant legally able to consent.

realist

Post by realist »

Mikedunford wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:17 pm
ImageX 4 ImageX36

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

Let me make my position perfectly clear:

If you didn't vote for Hillary Clinton in 2016 because you didn't like her for whatever petty reason, you voted for Jill Stein, or you stayed home without a good reason and you are not willing to admit you were wrong you are complicit. I want nothing to do with you. You are a pox on this country. You are either lazy or too stupid to understand what was at stake. If this offends you I don't really care.

In this election you have a chance to redeem yourself.

If, with all you know about Trump now, you would choose not to vote for any Democrat against Trump in 2020 I also consider you a person who doesn't give a crap about your country.

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar »

I’m with RC on this.

Politics is not life.

It is a weird area, where gaming theory is closer to a guide-book than morality or integrity.

In the major race, if you didn’t vote for X you helped elect Z. That’s the nature of the game. If you didn’t vote for Clinton you helped elect Trump. Full stop.

Primaries are a different matter... Back a strong candidate. Vote for a long shot to make a point. Stay home in disgust. Fine. But the big game is totally different. Structurally.

Ignore that at your country’s peril.
The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

Mikedunford

Post by Mikedunford »

1: I'm not aware of anyone here who has argued against that general point.

2: I don't think that has very much - if anything - to do with either the title of this thread or the various incidents that led up to the establishment of this thread.

3: The thread went more than 36 hours without a post before being resuscitated by one of the people who was, just Sunday, suggesting that we shouldn't be talking about this stuff until after the midterms.

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

Reality Check wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:56 pm
If you didn't vote for Hillary Clinton in 2016 because you didn't like her for whatever petty reason, you voted for Jill Stein, or you stayed home without a good reason and you are not willing to admit you were wrong you are complicit. I want nothing to do with you. You are a pox on this country. You are either lazy or too stupid to understand what was at stake. If this offends you I don't really care.

Fine. Who here on Fogbow fits that description? Who are you attacking? I don't know of anyone who fits that, but if there is, give us the name.
If, with all you know about Trump now, you would choose not to vote for any Democrat against Trump in 2020 I also consider you a person who doesn't give a crap about your country.
But Estiveo didn't say he wouldn't vote for "any Democrat". He said he wouldn't vote for Gavin Newsom. The rest of us disagree, but here's the thing - we have a rule here that we don't attack fellow members of the forum. Is that news to you?

So consider anything you want to consider about Estiveo's decision, but don't attack him here for it. If you feel the need to piss on his grave, go find some other website to tell people about it.

Reports are that there are a lot of other websites around.

Jeazess H. Kreist. Is fucking Gavin Newsom a lock for the Democratic nomination in 2020? Is this really worth breaking the only real rule here because it's so fucking important that Estiveo votes for Newsom in two years, and you're 100% certain that Trump will win by one vote if he doesn't? This whole discussion - like the whole thread - is just silly.

... and don't think I don't notice that when I did very strongly bash a Democrat in the thread - Kamala Harris - you didn't have any response at all. Instead you're making it look like it's all about justifying your need to piss on Estiveo's grave. :doh:

makeitstop.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo »

And in the massively unlikely event Gavin Newsom got the 2020 nomination and was running against Trump, I STILL would not vote for president. That's not gonna change, no matter how many times RC gets pissy about it, so I really don't see why it keeps coming up because with that one exception I really wiil vote for anyone the democrats run against Trump.

Unless it's Bernie.
Image Image Image Image Image

Return to “General Politics”