Journalists Assaulted

Addie

Journalists Assaulted

Post by Addie » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:51 pm

USA Today
Radio, TV station journalists attacked in Detroit while on assignment

DETROIT — Journalists from a Detroit radio and TV station were attacked Thursday while on assignment on the city's west side, according to news reports.

Reporter Mike Campbell of WWJ-AM, reporter Nia Harden of WXYZ-TV and photojournalist Mike Krotche of WXYZ-TV are safe, according to the media outlets. But their company vehicles, which displayed the logos of their stations, were damaged.

At about 6 a.m. ET, Campbell was in the middle of a live report on a hit-and-run crash that killed a pedestrian when a suspect came up to the station's car and struck the windshield and driver’s-side window with a metal baton, WWJ reported.

"My truck just got hit by a bat, and I'm sorry, guys, I've gotta go," Campbell said while reporting live.

The suspect previously had interrupted Harden while she was reporting live, she said in a Facebook Live video.

The man then approached Harden and Krotche again, according to the WXYZ report. He smashed the windshield and damaged the side mirror of their live-news truck.

¡Sterngard! come home.

Kendra

Re: Journalists Assaulted

Post by Kendra » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:05 pm

I fear this isn't going to be the first time.

Return to “General Politics”