Voter Fraud

kate520

Re: Voter Fraud

Post by kate520 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:00 pm

:brokenheart: :brokenheart:

Duckie gave me a check to reimburse me for some things I picked up for her shortly before she died. I told her I wouldn't cash it. She insisted I take it anyway. It's still in my wallet.
Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.

Mohammed Ali

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:42 pm

kate520 wrote::brokenheart: :brokenheart:

Duckie gave me a check to reimburse me for some things I picked up for her shortly before she died. I told her I wouldn't cash it. She insisted I take it anyway. It's still in my wallet.
:brokenheart: :brokenheart:
"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (R-ME)

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:24 am

Whatever4 wrote:

A thread for the ages. Elliewyatt and Ducktape. :brokenheart: :cry: :cry:
And Highlands, and mimi. I miss 'em.
♪ ♫ Human kindness is overflowin',
And I think it's goin'
To rain today. ♫ ♪

Addie

Post by Addie » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:48 am

The Guardian
Trump lied about 'voter fraud' ... now he wants to steal people's votes ...

At first, the voter fraud fantasy seemed like no more than a display of the touchiness and extravagant narcissism that led Trump, in the face of undeniable evidence to the contrary, to insist that his inaugural crowds were larger than Obama’s.

In fact, the lie concealed a much more ambitious and insidious political agenda. In May, with the creation of the “Presidential Advisory Committee on Voter Integrity,” Trump bootstrapped the myth of voter fraud into an institutional reality. The goal: to use the allegation of fraud to tighten voting procedures that will suppress the votes of minorities, groups that generally vote Democratic.

Vice-President Pence, who nominally chairs the 10-person committee, sought early on to assure the public that the group was convened with no preconceived views or agenda. He might as well have said: “Yes, we’ve created a dedicated, tax-payer funded committee to look into Bigfoot’s existence, but I want to emphasize that we remain open to evidence that Bigfoot may not exist.”

Alas, Bigfoot is alive and well on the committee. Recently we learned that in the run-up to the panel’s creation, a member of the Heritage Foundation, presumably Hans von Spakovsky, a well-known voter fraud alarmist, wrote an email responding to the “very disturbing” news that the commission might be “bipartisan and include democrats (sic).” Even appointing “mainstream Republican officials and/or academics,” the email warned, would run the risk of turning the committee into “an abject failure.”
¡Qué vergüenza!

Return to “General Politics”