Fox "News"

Slim Cognito

Re: Fox "News"

Post by Slim Cognito » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:48 am

Not sure if this is true, but a twitterer has been posting that, when she visits doctor's offices, auto repair shops, etc, and if nobody else is in the waiting area, she requests their remote to change the channel and, using parental controls, blocks Fox news. If nothing else, it's a great story.
ImageImageImage x4

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:53 am

My sister asks them to change it no matter who the hell is in the waiting room. She has her damn fine moments.
No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:
ImageImageImage

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:57 am

Slim Cognito wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:48 am
Not sure if this is true, but a twitterer has been posting that, when she visits doctor's offices, auto repair shops, etc, and if nobody else is in the waiting area, she requests their remote to change the channel and, using parental controls, blocks Fox news. If nothing else, it's a great story.
:like:

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:18 pm

I've never understood why these places insist on broadcasting FoxNews (or really any cable news) in their waiting areas. Why do they want to get customers agitated -- which contributes to the stress of waiting -- ? Shouldn't they put on something more soothing?
To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:28 pm

neonzx wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:18 pm
I've never understood why these places insist on broadcasting FoxNews (or really any cable news) in their waiting areas. Why do they want to get customers agitated -- which contributes to the stress of waiting -- ? Shouldn't they put on something more soothing?
Visited an Urgent Care Clinic once and they were running DVDs of I Love Lucy. I complimented their choice and the receptionist told us it was to keep people from fighting about the news.

Also, my (new) dentist used to play Fox. I'd arrived for crown preparation. Shepard Smith's show was on so it wasn't too bad, until he announced they were standing by for a statement from trump. I was never so glad to be called for a tooth drilling. Each return since, it's been on WGN. Thanks to whomever made that happen.
ImageImageImage x4

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:37 pm

Donald Trump ends 2018 with a Fox News interview — his 41st since inauguration

New York (CNN Business)President Trump is ringing in the new year with his friends at Fox News — literally.

He is wrapping up 2018 by chatting with one of his most loyal supporters on Fox, Pete Hegseth. The phone interview is airing on the cable network's New Year's Eve countdown show.

With some notable exceptions, Fox has been Trump's shelter from the storms that are saturating his presidency. And Trump has generously promoted the network and its right-wing personalities with dozens of tweets and endorsements.

Traditional lines have been crossed or erased altogether. Trump seems to get his daily briefings from "Fox & Friends" and get directions from Sean Hannity and Jeanine Pirro.

During the partial government shutdown, Pirro, a Saturday night host, spoke directly to Trump through her opening monologue.
"I am pleading with you," she said, to keep up the fight for border wall funding.

<YUGE SNIP>
https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/31/media/do ... index.html
Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:01 am

:lol:

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:11 am

neonzx wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:18 pm
I've never understood why these places insist on broadcasting FoxNews (or really any cable news) in their waiting areas.
Because that's what the management and/or owners want their employees and customers to watch.

Back in the days when AM Politalk radio reigned supreme, a lot of companies would broadcast Limbaugh's show on their premises, but they'd otherwise never permit their workers to listen to entertainment while on the clock.

The people in power use tools to enforce their power. Same old, same old.
Why do they want to get customers agitated -- which contributes to the stress of waiting -- ? Shouldn't they put on something more soothing?
The people in charge aren't the ones who have to deal with the consequences of their decisions.

The car dealership I use for service has a wall of tvs with the sound turned up real loud (natch). I try to find a chair as far away from that wall as possible, put in my earplugs, and read a book while I wait. I don't even want to sit near people who can't wait an hour without being fed by the Glass Teat.
I've heard this bull before.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:27 pm

Ed Krassenstein

@EdKrassen
22m22 minutes ago
More
● CNN: Trump investigated for working on behalf of Russia
● MSNBC: Was FBI looking into if Trump committed Treason?
● ABC: Did Trump fire Comey to protect Russia?
● FOX NEWS: 5 things you should never pour down the drain
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:39 pm

Axios

Verified account

@axios
8h8 hours ago
More
Rep. Rashida Tlaib's profanity about impeaching President Trump received five times more coverage on cable news than Rep. Steve King's questioning of why white supremacy is considered offensive.

Adrianinflorida

Post by Adrianinflorida » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:21 pm

Volkonski wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:39 pm
Axios

Verified account

@axios
8h8 hours ago
More
Rep. Rashida Tlaib's profanity about impeaching President Trump received five times more coverage on cable news than Rep. Steve King's questioning of why white supremacy is considered offensive.
Or Donald Trump calling China "Mother Fuckers" in one of his rallies

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:27 pm

Volkonski wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:39 pm
Axios

Verified account

@axios
8h8 hours ago
More
It wasn't just Fox, but they they were the most guilty mostly ignoring the Steve King controversy.
To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:33 pm

FoxNews:
McConnell says there's 'no place in the Republican Party' for racism amid Rep. Steve King controversy
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., slammed Republican Iowa Rep. Steve King on Monday over recent remarks King made about the terms “white nationalist” and “white supremacist,” arguing that if the representative “doesn't understand why 'white supremacy' is offensive, he should find another line of work.”

There is no place in the Republican Party, the Congress or the country for an ideology of racial supremacy of any kind,” McConnell said. “I have no tolerance for such positions and those who espouse these views are not supporters of American ideals and freedoms. Rep. King's statements are unwelcome and unworthy of his elected position.
Sure Jan. :smoking:

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:47 pm

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:30 am

:o

Trump Turns On Fox News: ‘Even Less Understanding... Than Fake News CNN & NBC’

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tr ... 7e5b8c23f7
President Donald Trump lashed out at his favorite network on Sunday, accusing two Fox News journalists of having “less understanding” of his proposed border wall than the “fake news” at his usual media targets, CNN and NBC.

Trump specifically called out the network’s chief White House correspondent John Roberts and Washington correspondent Gillian Turner:

Donald J. Trump

Verified account

@realDonaldTrump
Follow Follow @realDonaldTrump
More
Never thought I’d say this but I think @johnrobertsFox and @GillianHTurner @FoxNews have even less understanding of the Wall negotiations than the folks at FAKE NEWS CNN & NBC! Look to final results! Don’t know how my poll numbers are so good, especially up 19% with Hispanics?

7:08 PM - 27 Jan 2019

Bill_G

Post by Bill_G » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:25 am

I have divined the tea leaves, and I know what the President meant. He did not misspeak when he said "sea to shiny sea". It was a call to arms for Fox viewers. He is going to install cable TV, air conditioning, and La-Z-Boys loungers for a thousand miles. At night, the glow of the televisions will stretch into the distance from sea to shiny sea, and Fox viewers will do their Patriotic duty manning those TV sets while guarding our border. The best people are on it. It will be a big beautiful shining wall of freedom. Believe me.

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:00 am

Volkonski wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:30 am
:o

Trump Turns On Fox News: ‘Even Less Understanding... Than Fake News CNN & NBC’

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tr ... 7e5b8c23f7
President Donald Trump lashed out at his favorite network on Sunday, accusing two Fox News journalists of having “less understanding” of his proposed border wall than the “fake news” at his usual media targets, CNN and NBC.

Trump specifically called out the network’s chief White House correspondent John Roberts and Washington correspondent Gillian Turner:

Donald J. Trump

Verified account

@realDonaldTrump
Follow Follow @realDonaldTrump
More
Never thought I’d say this but I think @johnrobertsFox and @GillianHTurner @FoxNews have even less understanding of the Wall negotiations than the folks at FAKE NEWS CNN & NBC! Look to final results! Don’t know how my poll numbers are so good, especially up 19% with Hispanics?

7:08 PM - 27 Jan 2019
I believe that is the corrected tweet. trump originally tagged Ms Turner with an incorrect twitter handle and that poor woman was forced to delete her account. When I get on twitter, I'll see I can find a screenshot.
ImageImageImage x4

Tarrant

Post by Tarrant » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:00 am

At work they used to always have Fox News on in the entry area and in all the cafeterias. It drove me crazy. Eventually they switched to a ridiculous policy of rotating every day between Fox, MSNBC, and CNN, and finally to the current rule of “No news channels”. Usually it’s the travel channel or the like.

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:26 pm

Bill_G wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:25 am
I have divined the tea leaves, and I know what the President meant. He did not misspeak when he said "sea to shiny sea". It was a call to arms for Fox viewers. He is going to install cable TV, air conditioning, and La-Z-Boys loungers for a thousand miles. At night, the glow of the televisions will stretch into the distance from sea to shiny sea, and Fox viewers will do their Patriotic duty manning those TV sets while guarding our border. The best people are on it. It will be a big beautiful shining wall of freedom. Believe me.
And your tourist train can speed by! Inspired!
“A black woman can invent something for the benefit of humankind.” -Bessie Blount-Griffin, physical therapist, inventor of devices for disabled WWII veterans, and forensic scientist.

rikker

Post by rikker » Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:41 pm

I firmly believe that Trump only caved to the govt shutdown to quash the Roger Stone story. When I posted that on the Fox message boards, they deleted it.

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:26 pm

rikker wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:41 pm
I firmly believe that Trump only caved to the govt shutdown to quash the Roger Stone story. When I posted that on the Fox message boards, they deleted it.
I have considered that possibility.
North-land: of the family 10

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:45 pm

Inbox: @FoxNews hires Trey Gowdy as a contributor
:sick:

kate520

Post by kate520 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:27 pm

Gowdy . A contributor. What did he contribute in his time in office? Even he conceded
‘Not as much as I thought I would’. Basically, nothing.

It’s sooo hard to boycott these days. I don’t buy/eat/drink/recreate in any meaningful-to-advertisers categories these days. I did enjoy participating in the Nixon one. ‘DONT BUY BOOKS BY CROOKS. BOYCOTT THE MEMOIRES.’

‘ Oh well, ima boycott Fox over this anyway. :blink:

They’ll call his segments ‘Benghazi’s Finest Hour’. He’ll rehash all four years of their investigations and still not find her emails. :evil:

Worthless. Dead air.
DEFEND DEMOCRACY

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:22 am

Steve Morris

@stevemorris__
Feb 5
More
Fox, apoplectic over its own polling showing wide public support for @AOC and @ewarren's wealth tax proposals, literally blames the fact that schools teach kids to be fair:

"The idea of fairness has been promoted in our schools for a long time."

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:04 pm

Fox's Kilmeade: Why doesn't Trump investigate personal finances of Schiff and Waters?

"Fox & Friends" host Brian Kilmeade asked early Thursday why President Trump doesn't open an investigation into the personal finances of Democratic Reps. Adam Schiff (Calif.) and Rep. Maxine Waters (Calif.), questioning how they got "rich."

"Why not investigate Adam Schiff? Why not investigate Maxine Watters? How did they become rich?" Kilmeade asked judicial analyst Andrew Napolitano.

"Because the Democrats control the Congress and they're not going to investigate their own," Napolitano replied.

"Doesn't the president have an attorney? Why doesn't the president run a private investigation onto Adam Schiff?" Kilmeade asked after some crosstalk.

"Because the president, if he's going to use the power of the government to do anything, has to do it through the [Department of Justice]," Napolitano noted. <snip>
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4288 ... schiff-and
Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

Return to “General Politics”