People freaking out for no apparent reason

Kendra

People freaking out for no apparent reason

Post by Kendra »

Is this for real or April Fools? Warning, NSFW language.

http://rare.us/rare-news/caught-on-vide ... -whatever/
Complete stranger goes off the rails after seeing a couple kiss in public — “I’m from California. Go back to whatever”
Edit - did I get the topic title changed?

RTH10260

Re: Restaurant freak out in Santa Monica

Post by RTH10260 »

I nearly posted that video under "The stupid - It burns" the other day, then decided against.

But I was wondering about the mindset of going off at other people like that. :doh:

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

RTH10260 wrote:I nearly posted that video under "The stupid - It burns" the other day, then decided against.

But I was wondering about the mindset of going off at other people like that. :doh:
That would have been the right thread. I cannot get over such a reaction like that, and so publicly. If I found something truly offensive I would quietly pay for my food, leave and never come back. I'm surprised the restaurant staff didn't kick her out the moment she started off.

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 »

Kendra wrote:Is this for real or April Fools? Warning, NSFW language.

http://rare.us/rare-news/caught-on-vide ... -whatever/
Complete stranger goes off the rails after seeing a couple kiss in public — “I’m from California. Go back to whatever”
From the comments:
*Imagine walking into an establishment and simultaneously having to suffer being stalked by a stranger, sexually harassed by another, defrauded by the vendor, and verbally attacked by imposing illegal immigrants, yet all the while having the wherewithal to maintain a firm grip on those chilli-fries.

*That might sound like a wildly improbable evening to you, but it keeps happening to her every day!

"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)
Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent »

Unreal, or maybe surreal, but then again so are some people.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 »

She's been identified on various social media, and seems quite nutty. Talks about her husband Justin Bieber, etc.

"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)
Notorial Dissent

Ah, what we call the midnight bus crowd around here. Makes perfect, and scary sense, now.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
boots

Post by boots »

Good Lord what a fruitloop. From her comments she sounds like a Trump supporter.

Lunaluz
Occupation: Bean Counter for Boeing Commercial. You break it I find a way to fix it.

Post by Lunaluz »

Holy crap... someone needs some meds and therapy. Just wow.

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia »

I think I saw her in the Waffle House here about 3:00 am. She was sitting with William, who was in his crossing guard vest and carrying his toilet seat. He's looking for a "womangirlsingle" to marry. Maybe she's met her match.

Sunrise

Post by Sunrise »

Sugar Magnolia wrote:I think I saw her in the Waffle House here about 3:00 am. She was sitting with William, who was in his crossing guard vest and carrying his toilet seat. He's looking for a "womangirlsingle" to marry. Maybe she's met her match.
Obvious question; What were YOU doing in the Waffle House at 3:00 AM? :lol: :fingerwag:

M A C A Making America Care Again :daydream:
DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo »

Sugar Magnolia wrote:I think I saw her in the Waffle House here about 3:00 am. She was sitting with William, who was in his crossing guard vest and carrying his toilet seat. He's looking for a "womangirlsingle" to marry. Maybe she's met her match.
"Someday, you'll find someone special. . . someone who won't press charges."

I've heard this bull before.
Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia »

Sunrise wrote:
Obvious question; What were YOU doing in the Waffle House at 3:00 AM? :lol: :fingerwag:
Many moons ago, I was on the midnight shift and they fed us for 1/2 price on duty. Most recently, because our power went out and it was too hot to do anything else. And the insomnia makes me a relatively regular 3:00 am visitor.

BTW, William is a real person, he really wears a crossing guard vest, he really carries a toilet seat around with him (the Waffle House and the Whataburger both make him put it in a plastic garbage bag though, which they provide) and he is really looking for a "womangirlsingle" to marry. He's also best friends with our dead governor and a member of the CIA. Oh yeah, he's sending 2 billion dollars to South Dakota to feed the children too.

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Techno Luddite wrote:Good Lord what a fruitloop. From her comments she sounds like a Trump supporter.
Are we sure she didn't have MAGA on her shirt somewhere?

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar »

DejaMoo wrote:
"Someday, you'll find someone special. . . someone who won't press charges."
Gomez Addams?

The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3
Notorial Dissent

Like I said, midnight bus people. It is really rough on them now that all the Perkins and most of the Dennys around here have all closed. I'm not sure if we even have any real late night places/dives like we used to. The good ones I liked are all gone. The only place I can think of right off hand that is open late any more wouldn't let them in the door, and the regular clientele scare them off.

Sunrise

Post by Sunrise »

Sugar Magnolia wrote:
Sunrise wrote:
Many moons ago, I was on the midnight shift and they fed us for 1/2 price on duty. Most recently, because our power went out and it was too hot to do anything else. And the insomnia makes me a relatively regular 3:00 am visitor.

BTW, William is a real person, he really wears a crossing guard vest, he really carries a toilet seat around with him (the Waffle House and the Whataburger both make him put it in a plastic garbage bag though, which they provide) and he is really looking for a "womangirlsingle" to marry. He's also best friends with our dead governor and a member of the CIA. Oh yeah, he's sending 2 billion dollars to South Dakota to feed the children too.
:oops: Whew! Thanx for 'splaining.

M A C A Making America Care Again :daydream:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Supposedly this is the gal that went off in the restaurant, it does look like her anyway.

NOTE: what can be seen cannot be unseen. I need brain bleach...

PatGund

Post by PatGund »

Someone has......issues. National Geographic level of issues.

kate520

Post by kate520 »

Right, save the public displays for Twitter. Restaurant PDAs are only seen by a handful, sheesh. :roll:

DEFEND DEMOCRACY
magdalen77

Post by magdalen77 »

Sugar Magnolia wrote:
Sunrise wrote:

I was in a Waffle House in Chattanooga at about 4 AM many years ago. They still allowed smoking. I ended up there because I was due to start a training course on Monday morning and I decided to drive down Friday night after work, figuring I'd check in early, get some sleep and have most of Saturday and Sunday to kick around the city. When I got to my motel (an Extended Stay motel) much to my shock the office was closed. So I went to get breakfast and read while I waited for it to open. Waffle Houses are not that busy at 4 AM on a cool January weekend morning. I think I was me and basically the two or three people that were on shift there. As it turned out there was a bell at the motel that I didn't notice that would have summoned the desk clerk from where she was, in the back doing the laundry.

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 »

Can we change to people freaking out for no apparent reason?

http://rare.us/rare-news/caught-on-vide ... 08f37c7cce

An Uber passenger threatened to accuse her driver of rape but she didn’t see his camera rolling
There’s nothing worse than being in an Uber with a belligerent passenger and one New York City rider might have just set the record for the most awful person to ever climb into the back of a cab. It’s unclear why she became so irate but she clearly didn’t see the driver’s phone running.

The woman begins screaming, “call the cops” and saying “I’m going to tell them you hit me.” The driver did his best to remain level-headed and tried to get the woman to get out of the car. When she refused, he shrugged off the avalanche of abuse she was hurling at him.

Soon, she begins threatening to call the police and say that the driver hit her and even raped her. It seems that the entire affair began because she wanted a cord to charge her phone and the driver didn’t have one. She said, “it’s my first time that Uber don’t have a charger.” Finally he managed to get her out of the car and didn’t hesitate to voice his opinion of her.

If the driver reports her, it’s likely that this will be her last ride. A quick glance at the Uber Community Guidelines shows that she broke just about all of the rules, including “damaging drivers’ property” and “use of inappropriate or abusive language.”

-- Sen. King (I-ME)
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

You mean change the thread title? As the OP I'm game if I can do that.

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

Kendra wrote:You mean change the thread title? As the OP I'm game if I can do that.
Yes, you just edit the title on the OP and all new replies will have that title.

"“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention.”

Heather Heyer, November 2016
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Reality Check wrote:
Kendra wrote:You mean change the thread title? As the OP I'm game if I can do that.
Yes, you just edit the title on the OP and all new replies will have that title.
I will attempt when I'm home. Not going to try on the phone.

Return to “Current Events”