Eichmann's Hand Written Pardon Request Released

Gnarly Goat

Eichmann's Hand Written Pardon Request Released

Post by Gnarly Goat » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:52 pm

Pardon Plea by Adolf Eichmann, Nazi War Criminal, Is Made Public

JERUSALEM — After he was convicted and sentenced to death in Israel for his role in the annihilation of millions of Jews by Nazi Germany, Adolf Eichmann pleaded for his own life.

“There is a need to draw a line between the leaders responsible and the people like me forced to serve as mere instruments in the hands of the leaders,” pleaded Mr. Eichmann, the Nazi war criminal who oversaw the lethal logistics of the Holocaust, in 1962 in a handwritten letter that was made public for the first time on Wednesday.

Mr. Eichmann asked the Israeli president, Yitzhak Ben-Zvi, for a pardon, arguing, “I was not a responsible leader, and as such do not feel myself guilty.”

The letter, dated May 29, 1962, and other original documents from the Eichmann case, were presented on Wednesday by Israel’s current president, Reuven Rivlin, during an event to commemorate International Holocaust Remembrance Day. The documents had been discovered by researchers only in the last few weeks, when they were digitizing files from the president’s archive.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/28/world ... caust.html

"Don't waste time mourning. Organize." - Joe Hill

Flatpointhigh
Occupation: Voice Actor, Podcaster, I hold a Ph.D in Procrastination.

Re: Eichmann's Hand Written Pardon Request Released

Post by Flatpointhigh » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:01 pm

Another ""I was just following orders" excuse. Hope he's rotting in well... wherever these monsters are - even hell is too good

"It is wrong to say God made rich and poor; He only made male and female, and He gave them the Earth as their inheritance."- Thomas Paine, Forward to Agrarian Justice
Cancer broke me

Return to “Current Events”