Hijack This Thread

Phoenix520
Verified:

Re: Hijack This Thread

Post by Phoenix520 »

Oh, I’ve seen that brand! Just never read the fine print.

Congrats!
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Post by Shizzle Popped »

Lord Evie Chili of Kroger
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

roadscholar wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:59 pm
Kate520 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:52 pm How is it I’ve never heard of skyr before, rs ? Is there an Icelandic community in your neck of the woods?
:snippity:
I have one of these (in varying flavors) for breakfast, every workday. One of the reasons I've lost 20 lbs. in a year.

skyr.png
I love this stuff! First encountered it in Iceland and have been buying it ever since. :thumbsup:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Lady Lucy Parker Purrer Patty Melt of Cotton Blossom Farms.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Lord Maisie Breakfast Sandwich of Drizly
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
pjhimself

Post by pjhimself »

Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Lord HoboKitty Pizza of the Gas Station...

Doesn't sound very regal to me... :?
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Lady Figaro Cheese Stick of Publix.

:towel:
jcolvin2
Verified:

Post by jcolvin2 »

Lord Zeus Grape of the Harvest Vine.

(Harvest Vine is a tapas restaurant from which I ordered tonight's take out dinner.)
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

“Convicted Post Office workers have names cleared”:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56859357

Hopefully given the customary delay in acknowledging these wrongful prosecutions and their life-changing and irreversible consequences, all those with culpability within the Post Office, Crown Prosecution Service, auditors, etc, will have moved onto pastures new by now. :mad:
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

sugar magnolia wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:48 pm Lady Lucy Parker Purrer Patty Melt of Cotton Blossom Farms.
Of course you are! (bowing)
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Frater I*I wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:29 pm Lord HoboKitty Pizza of the Gas Station...

Doesn't sound very regal to me... :?
Say it in French!
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Follow-up from meetup.

https://www.treehugger.com/cicada-brood-x-5179581
What Are Brood X Cicadas and What to Expect When They Emerge

The lifespan of a cicada is concurrent with its periodicity — so, 17-year cicadas live 17 years, and so forth. They drop from cracks and holes in trees to the ground immediately upon hatching six to 10 weeks after their eggs are laid, then they burrow underground and find a patch of tree root to live on for the next 17 years. Cicadas are not exactly dormant during their juvenile phase (in which they're called nymphs). Rather, they spend nearly two decades just feeding on xylem and waiting for their next emergence, which they may be able to determine by monitoring the trees' blossoming cycles underground.3

When the ground 8 inches below the surface reaches 64 degrees Fahrenheit — usually late April or early May — the cicada nymphs will tunnel to the surface and climb up a nearby tree to evade ground predators. They shed their exoskeletons (exuviae) during the last growth cycle, and once their wings inflate with fluid, they take flight — singing their piercing calls to attract mates all the while.

Brood X [Brood 10] cicadas emerge every 17 years (1987, 2004, 2021) and live only up to six weeks above ground. Females lay about 500 eggs each before they retire,4 and then the cycle repeats.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

https://www.treehugger.com/cicada-facts-5120497
15 Baffling Cicada Facts

Cicadas are a superfamily of winged insects that live mostly underground and emerge at intervals of one, 13, or 17 years. There are over 3,000 species living around the world, but the most well-studied are those belonging to the genus Magicicada, which includes seven species of periodical cicadas common in eastern North America.

The long-lived arthropods are stout, green or brown in color, with red eyes and transparent wings. They're known for their deafening songs and the golden skins they cast on trees. That some species are at risk of extinction due to climate change makes cicada education and conservation increasingly important.

Here are 15 facts about these sporadic anomalies of the bug world.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I'm not looking forward to this year. My granddaughter really freaked out a few years ago when there was a minor season here. I hope we're away out West when they come out this year.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

AndyinPA wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:35 am I'm not looking forward to this year. My granddaughter really freaked out a few years ago when there was a minor season here. I hope we're away out West when they come out this year.
It may help to explain that they don't have biting mouth parts or stingers, so while perhaps bothersome, they are not really dangerous.
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:17 am
:snippity:
Last year a plague...

This year locusts...

Next year it rains down sulfur... :smoking:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Yeah? When do we get frogs? I want to see FROGGIES! :boxing:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

sugar magnolia wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:48 pm Lady Lucy Parker Purrer Patty Melt of Cotton Blossom Farms.
Your Highness.
Purrfect for you.😊
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

I was in high school in Arlington VA during a hatch year. (((shudder)))

Some boys thought it was funny to capture some in their lunch bags, sneak up on a girl at her locker or walking down a hall between classes, and slip a few down her dress. (I’m so old we weren’t allowed to wear pants to school, even in winter.)

My one true phobia is large flying insects, even before this. I bet you can imagine...
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Are there such things as all you can eat burger restaurants?
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
jez
Verified: ✅ Medicated

Post by jez »

Lady Lola Baked Lays of Amazon, at your service.

Speaking of funny stuffs. Received a package today, wasn't expecting anything. Return address is some generic fulfillment center on behalf of a big electronics company. So, no clues there. Package was address to me, my name and address.

It was a set of inexpensive bluetooth earbuds. I asked my SO, I asked my dad, roommate, boss.... nobody is fessing up to sending them to me. Have no clue where they came from. Even checked Amazon orders. Nada.

It's a mystery wrapped in a :pickle:
“What is better ? to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort ?”

~Paarthurnax
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

jez wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:18 pm Lady Lola Baked Lays of Amazon, at your service.

Speaking of funny stuffs. Received a package today, wasn't expecting anything. Return address is some generic fulfillment center on behalf of a big electronics company. So, no clues there. Package was address to me, my name and address.

It was a set of inexpensive bluetooth earbuds. I asked my SO, I asked my dad, roommate, boss.... nobody is fessing up to sending them to me. Have no clue where they came from. Even checked Amazon orders. Nada.

It's a mystery wrapped in a :pickle:
Check out brushing scams -

Got a package you didn't order? It could be a scam
Most people who buy things online just have to worry about their deliveries being delayed or never arriving. But some people are dealing with a different problem altogether: getting weird stuff like hair clippers, face creams and sunglasses they never even ordered at all.

The Federal Trade Commission and cyber experts have been warning consumers about these deliveries, which can be part of something known as "brushing" scams.

Here's how these scams work: Third-party sellers on Amazon, eBay and other online marketplaces pay people to write fake, positive reviews about their products, or do it themselves. To be able to post the reviews, these so-called "brushers" need to trick the site into making it appear that a legitimate transaction took place. So they'll use a fake account to place gift orders and address them to a random person whose name and address they find online. Then, instead of actually mailing the item for which they want to post a review, the brushers will send a cheap, often lightweight item that costs less to ship.

Sending an item (even the wrong one) creates a tracking number, and when the package is delivered, it enables brushers to write a verified review. If you're on the receiving end, you usually aren't charged for the purchase and your real account isn't hacked — but you are left in the dark as to who is repeatedly sending the mystery packages. In many cases, there's no return address. You don't need to worry that anything bad has happened to you or will happen to you if you get a package that might be part of a brushing scam, experts say. But we all need to be concerned about the scams affecting reviews we rely on when buying products.
More at the link.
Mrich

Post by Mrich »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:27 pm Check out brushing scams -

Got a package you didn't order? It could be a scam
Most people who buy things online just have to worry about their deliveries being delayed or never arriving. But some people are dealing with a different problem altogether: getting weird stuff like hair clippers, face creams and sunglasses they never even ordered at all.

The Federal Trade Commission and cyber experts have been warning consumers about these deliveries, which can be part of something known as "brushing" scams.

Here's how these scams work: Third-party sellers on Amazon, eBay and other online marketplaces pay people to write fake, positive reviews about their products, or do it themselves. To be able to post the reviews, these so-called "brushers" need to trick the site into making it appear that a legitimate transaction took place. So they'll use a fake account to place gift orders and address them to a random person whose name and address they find online. Then, instead of actually mailing the item for which they want to post a review, the brushers will send a cheap, often lightweight item that costs less to ship.

Sending an item (even the wrong one) creates a tracking number, and when the package is delivered, it enables brushers to write a verified review. If you're on the receiving end, you usually aren't charged for the purchase and your real account isn't hacked — but you are left in the dark as to who is repeatedly sending the mystery packages. In many cases, there's no return address. You don't need to worry that anything bad has happened to you or will happen to you if you get a package that might be part of a brushing scam, experts say. But we all need to be concerned about the scams affecting reviews we rely on when buying products.
More at the link.
Thanks for this - a friend of mine posted on facebook that she had gotten a puzzle that she didn't order. I posted the link.
Mrich

Post by Mrich »

For fans of "Jeopardy!":

Levar Burton! July 26, 2021 - July 30, 2021 according to Jeopardy's web site:
https://www.jeopardy.com/jbuzz/news-eve ... t-schedule

Return to “General Stuff”