Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, Again! Mama June Shannon Indicted for Crack -- It's Complicated.

Flatpointhigh
Occupation: Voice Actor, Podcaster, I hold a Ph.D in Procrastination.

There Goes Honey Boo Boo - Mama June Shannon

Post by Flatpointhigh » Wed May 20, 2015 1:29 pm

or the Gulla/GeeGhee of Georgia and SC.

My Name is...
Daffy Duck.. woo hoo!
Cancer broke me

ducktape

Post by ducktape » Wed May 20, 2015 2:28 pm

or the Gulla/GeeGhee of Georgia and SC.

I assume that when Fortinbras suggested descendents of the Jukes and the Kalikaks, he was referring to famously-dysfunctional families with supposedly-inherited criminal histories, as opposed to promoting new dysfunctional families and their sordid behavior, like "Mama June" and her crew..

That has NOTHING to do with the Gullah and Geechee (which is how they are spelled). Those terms refer to the African-American descendents of the low country (aka "rice country," or tidewater) slaves of the Georgia and South Caroline coasts, who maintain the many of the old customs and speak a patois of English and African (and in the case of Gullah, also with some French). The dividing line of the two is Savannah, more or less, with Gullah being the patois spoken to the north and Geechee (getting its name from the Ogeechee River) to the south.

The Gullah and Geechee languages are generally used by older people and are secondary to younger people these days. Many white kids of my generation and older who were raised in the Savannah area grew up in the day where we played with the maids' kids until we turned six and went off to segregated schools. Depending on which patois the maids spoke, that was the kids' language. I can't speak Gullah but I can still understand it fairly well. My mom used to call my next-younger brother "our little Geechee" because he would resort to it whenever he started crying about something.

There is nothing dysfunctional or of "reality show" voyeuristic interest among the Gullah and the Geechee. They are normal people who happen to be African-American and who maintain some old culture and language of their ancestors. It would be patently offensive for any TV channel to think of making "Honey BooBoo" style series about them.

The New Georgia Encyclopedia: Geechee and Gullah Culture

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Wed May 20, 2015 2:53 pm

If anyone needs me, I'll be over here throwing up
Learn to Swear in Latin. Profanity with class!
https://blogs.transparent.com/latin/lat ... -in-latin/

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Wed May 20, 2015 2:57 pm

Orlylicious, lemon drops are shots? I don't do shots (for amateurs). I do, however, drink martinis. But my husband has limited me to two lemon drop martinis because some crazy stuff starts to happen if I have a third! =))
I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Wed May 20, 2015 2:58 pm

That has NOTHING to do with the Gullah and Geechee (which is how they are spelled). Those terms refer to the African-American descendents of the low country (aka "rice country," or tidewater) slaves of the Georgia and South Caroline coasts, who maintain the many of the old customs and speak a patois of English and African (and in the case of Gullah, also with some French). The dividing line of the two is Savannah, more or less, with Gullah being the patois spoken to the north and Geechee (getting its name from the Ogeechee River) to the south.

The New Georgia Encyclopedia: Geechee and Gullah Culture

Thanks for this cultural tidbit!

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Wed May 20, 2015 3:21 pm

t would be patently offensive for any TV channel to think of making a "Honey BooBoo" style series about them.

Isn't that redundant?

Fortinbras

Post by Fortinbras » Wed May 20, 2015 10:53 pm

The Honey Boo-Boo series was patently offensive without any ethnic concerns, and it pains me to think that the Honey Boo-Boo replaced the Jersey Shore series, which, in comparison, shines like the Hour of Excellence.

Kriselda Gray
Location: FEMA Camp 2112 - a joint project of the U.S. and Canada

Post by Kriselda Gray » Thu May 21, 2015 1:13 am

I'm not sure how you're meaning "replaced" here... The shows were on two different networks, so the cancellation of one and beginning of the other were unrelated. Or did you mean it like "replaced in the public eye" as favorite trashy shows, or something like that?
Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand... - "Witch Hunt" by Rush

SCMP = SovCits/Militias/Patriots.

Thor promised to slay the Ice Giants
God promised to quell all evil
-----
I'm not seeing any Ice Giants...

Fortinbras

Post by Fortinbras » Thu May 21, 2015 1:46 am

Yes, replaced in the public eye, in popularity and in public commentary.

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious » Thu May 21, 2015 5:04 am

It was so much fun! She's hilarious. She didn't know who Orly was ("Who?") and it wasn't really the place or occasion to explain it. :lol:

TMZ:

Mama June shook what her mama gave her at a strip club Saturday night, handling the pole like a pro. June was all over the business of one stripper, then ferociously grinded another one who was hanging on to the pole for dear life. It all went down at Crazy Horse Gentleman's Club in Pompano Beach, Florida. As TMZ reported, June pocketed a cool $5,500 for her appearance. But June got more than she bargained for, because the crowd made it rain in a big way. Redemption.

With video! http://www.tmz.com/2015/05/17/mama-june ... ppearance/

Lemon Drop :P

Glass type: Shot Glass

Non-alcoholic alternative: Sangrita

Ingredients

1 Part Absolut Vodka

1 Part Lemon Juice

1 Part Triple Sec

How to mix: Fill a shaker with ice cubes. Add all ingredients. Shake and strain into a chilled shot glass.

Filly, we had more than 3 ;)
Don't miss Fogbow's favorite show starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: From Not To Hot: "The Road To Intervention"

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Fri May 22, 2015 12:04 am

:dontwanttolook:

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Fri May 22, 2015 7:23 am

The death of civilisation in 2 pictures.
Learn to Swear in Latin. Profanity with class!
https://blogs.transparent.com/latin/lat ... -in-latin/

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:32 am

I know everybody's been crossing their fingers that this would happen and it seems to have worked out! Realty Steve http://realitysteve.com/ is hilarious, he spoils The Bachelor and The Bachelorette every year (there's a funny spoof of these shows called UNreal that's running on TV now, he's recapping that too).Good luck to Mama June and Sugar Bear at Boot Camp!Mama June and Sugar Bear's new reality show revealedJune 23, 2015 12:32 PM MSTMama June of "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" has been telling fans for a while now that a new show would be coming. She didn't tell them what or where it would be, but spoilers are now out. On Tuesday, Reality Steve shared that they will be joining the cast of "Celebrity Marriage Boot Camp." He is known for spoiling "The Bachelor" every season. Steve shared that Sean and Catherine Lowe will be on the show along with Mama June and Sugar Bear. The other people on the show will be Benzino and Althea from "Love and Hip Hop Atlanta," someone from "The Bad Girls Club" and Sundy Carter from "Basketball Wives." More than likely Sean and Catherine will be the happy couple on the show similar to the time that Trista and Ryan Sutter were on the series.TMZ recently shared that the home that Mama June and Sugar Bear lived in on the show is now up for sale. These two had split, but have been spotted together more than once along with the girls. They are obviously no longer living in the home that they were during the show and Mama June has bought a new house of her own.Fans are hoping that the couple from "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" has found a way to work things out and that they are going strong once again. This season of "Celebrity Marriage Boot Camp" should be airing this fall. This is a show that you will not want to miss for sure.http://www.examiner.com/article/mama-ju ... w-revealed
Don't miss Fogbow's favorite show starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: From Not To Hot: "The Road To Intervention"

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:42 pm

No way! Marriage Bootcamp may not be successful if Mama June is right and Sugar Bear is gay! But June said she's bisexual and so is Pumpkin so maybe it'll all work out.‘Honey Boo Boo’ Gay Scandal! Mama June Allegedly Accuses Ex Sugar Bear Of Sexting Men, Hiring Male ProstitutesPosted on Jun 24, 2015 @ 8:53AMCan this family withstand another scandal? Nearly a year after Mama June Shannon was caught canoodling with her child molester ex-boyfriend, leading to the cancelation of Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, the outspoken matriarch is allegedly making some shocking new accusations on camera. While recently filming the upcoming season of WE tv’s Marriage Boot Camp, the 35-year-old grandmother claimed her ex-husband Mike “Sugar Bear” Thompson is secretly gay, Life & Style reports.“Mama June says she’s found naked selfies from guys on his phone and messages from male prostitutes saying Sugar Bear owes them money for their services,” a network insider tells the magazine. However, the shy Thompson, 43, isn’t fessing up to anything.“He denies it every time June confronts him,” the source says, adding that the ongoing fighting “will be a nightmare” on set.Shannon broke off her ten-year relationship with Thompson after she says he cheated with women he sought out online.http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/h ... xting-men/

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:53 pm

Is more effective before eating than those high-priced guaranteed to work quack diet pills. 
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:31 pm

You're right! I lost 50 lbs in the last 6 months (30%)... My 600 Lb Life is even more motivating!

esseff44

Post by esseff44 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:06 pm

I know john waters has said he's not a fan of Honey Boo Boo, but they were appealing to the same audience and to the fascination with disgusting things that some people say and do.  Kids dare each other to eat wriggly earth worms.  Why do they do that?  Kids have farting contests and giggle themselves silly.  They play with snot and buggers. http://www.chicagoreader.com/Bleader/ar ... -stinkSome people just don't grow out of that thrill of seeing the reaction of others to their disgusting behavior. Some people figure out a way to make money from it.  For some, it is a fetish. When it comes down to it, humans are just animals with a veneer of civilization.  Scratch the veneer and you get Mama June and Papa Bear and a whole lot worse. Peep shows and freak shows.  They all make money for the same reason.

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:34 pm

She's lost 60 lbs! Way to go June!Mama JuneDisappearing ActIn 'Baywatch' Swimsuit7/10/2015 1:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFFEXCLUSIVEMama June is vanishing before our very eyes, and with the lbs. falling off her bod ... she hit the beach to celebrate -- 'Baywatch' style! Suck it, Pam.June brought the 'Honey Boo Boo' clan down to Panama City, FL this week, and slipped into a red one-piece. She's reportedly shed 60 pounds ... and we gotta hand it to her -- it shows.She's said she wants to lose 100 lbs., and even hired a trainer back in March. Check out the pics ... you'll see June did gain in one department -- Sugar Bear's back! We're told they're living under the same roof again, and trying to work things out.http://www.tmz.com/2015/07/10/mama-june ... tch-photo/

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:36 pm

What was that?  Natural birth control as prescribed by some religions? 
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

MRich

Post by MRich » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:21 am

I never watched this show, but of course I've seen pictures... I'm always glad to see someone succeed in losing weight.

Orlylicious

Re: There Goes Honey Boo Boo - Mama June Shannon

Post by Orlylicious » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:06 pm

:flag: America will not be dennied! :P More will be revealed by People Magazine Tuesday...

Meanwhile, TLC is running a Here Comes Honey Boo Boo marathon on November 9th! Guess everything's AOK now?

Get ready for Here Comes Honey Boo Boo Again as Mama June announced yesterday that the controversial reality show family will be back on TV next month with a brand new series!

Actually, the new show may not be what fans are used to at all. Mama June wasn’t able to share a lot of info about the new project, explaining that People magazine will be making the official announcement on Tuesday, but she does say “it will not be [a] Here Comes Honey Boo Boo kind of thing.” She adds, “it will be reality TV and it will be real and unscripted like we have always ever been that’s only kind of TV we believe in and we want you all to see the true side of all of us.”

Here’s her full announcement:
Ok for everyone it was asked if we are going to be back on TV the answer is yes and it will be very soon it will not be was TLC network but it will be announced as we were told with People on Tuesday I will be able to get out more details soon but we are excited as it will air starting in December but it will not be here comes honey boo boo kind of thing but it will be reality TV and it will be real and unscripted like we have always ever been that’s only kind of TV we believe in and we want you all to see the true side of all of us hope everyone had a great Halloween and don’t forget to turn your clock back ‪#‎realitytv‬ ‪#‎awesometime‬ ‪#‎awesomefans‬ and we want to say thanks to our fans that have stuck by us and continue to support us through the thick and thin we love you all and we appreciate each and every one of yall.
http://starcasm.net/archives/333273

We told Orly to represent her but crickets. She lost out again.

Orlylicious

Re: Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, Again! Mama June Shannon

Post by Orlylicious » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:22 pm

I know everybody's been eagerly waiting, it's finally time! Boot Camp! :cheer1: You can live tweet with Mama June during the show tomorrow night :P

Mama June is tweeting from the Big Apple and tomorrow night Season Four of "Marriage Boot Camp: Reality Stars" premieres (Friday, Dec. 4, at 9 p.m.) on the illustrious "WE tv".
In Touch Weekly ‏@intouchweekly 1h1 hour ago
.@MamaJune_BooBoo opens up about #SugarBear's affair & how it impacted her daughters — http://bit.ly/1XKsTeJ

Mama June ‏@MamaJune_BooBoo 33m33 minutes ago Times Square, Manhattan
Who's ready 4 tomorrow 2 watch marriage boot camp @ 9/8cst on @WEtv I will be live tweeting through the show 2 answer all your ?s #mbcrs4

Mama June ‏@MamaJune_BooBoo 41m41 minutes ago Manhattan, NY
Hey just to let y'all know me and sugar bear be on extra tomorrow so make sure you watch and…
https://twitter.com/MamaJune_BooBoo?ref ... wgr^author
Mama June Opens Up About 'Marriage Boot Camp Reality Stars' Season 4 In New Instagram Post

Season four of WE tv's "Marriage Boot Camp: Reality Stars" is set to premiere this week. The five famous couples joining the cast are in for a new reality, because they must reveal the worst parts of their relationships in hopes of repairing them. One of the stars of season four is now speaking out on what her experience in the "Marriage Boot Camp: Reality Stars" house was truly like.

On Wednesday, "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" star Mama June took to her Instagram account to reveal her thoughts on filming season four of "Marriage Boot Camp: Reality Stars." She first teased that season four will be the best yet. "I have to say this will be the best season yet and I got to spend 15 days and a house with complete strangers at first and learned to live with someone I did not know and at the end we were all friends and helping each other with each others problems," June captioned the post.

Earlier this year, producers of "Marriage Boot Camp: Reality Stars" were slammed by season three star Aubrey O'Day for faking certain aspects of the show, including allegedly faking her lie detector test results. However, June later stated in her Instagram post that this show is all real. "This show is real is raw uncut unscripted the only thing [is] you know you're going to get up in the morning and you're going to film Elizabeth and Jim call the shots every day and is the most emotional experience that I have ever went through in my entire life,"June explained.

In recent interviews, June has said that viewers will get to see the real side of her boyfriend Sugar Bear that viewers did not see on "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo,"including his infidelity issues. June also wrote about this on her Instagram post and said the truth will also be revealed about the rest of the couples as well. "During these 10 weeks of the show airing ... you will see the true side and the real truth [unfold] through all the couples including us the ups and downs of the house," June wrote.

Season four of "Marriage Boot Camp: Reality Stars" premieres Friday, Dec. 4, at 9 p.m. on WE tv.
http://www.fashionnstyle.com/articles/7 ... m-post.htm

Mama June's current Twitter pic:

If Orly and Yosi weren't so happily married they could audition, Orly certainly considers herself a celebrity, right?

Somerset

Post by Somerset » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:00 am

Ugh. Kinda reminds me of China Wine (aka,
Sun Ho).

mmmirele

Post by mmmirele » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:34 am

Somerset wrote:Ugh. Kinda reminds me of China Wine (aka,
Sun Ho).
off-topic:
Sun Ho is now the Reverend Sun Ho. She got ordained in late October, just after her husband, Kong Hee, and several other people involved with City Harvest in Singapore were convicted of siphoning money from the church to jumpstart Sun's music career here in the States. Google News has the deets, of course.

Somerset

Post by Somerset » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:38 am

mmmirele wrote:
Somerset wrote:Ugh. Kinda reminds me of China Wine (aka,
Sun Ho).
off-topic:
Sun Ho is now the Reverend Sun Ho. She got ordained in late October, just after her husband, Kong Hee, and several other people involved with City Harvest in Singapore were convicted of siphoning money from the church to jumpstart Sun's music career here in the States. Google News has the deets, of course.
Yeah, it's kind of a big news item here.

Return to “Current Events”