Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, Again! The Titular Mama June Shannon Indicted for Crack -- It's Complicated.

Ragged Edgar

There Goes Honey Boo Boo - Mama June Shannon

Post by Ragged Edgar » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:51 am

Somehow everything these people do is disgusting whereas it's not disgusting for anybody else. Why is that? Am I a bigot or do I just dislike naff and bad taste?

Disgusting for many, actually, or at least I hope. Someone once said that all that one needs to be famous is a video camera, an Internet connection, and a complete lack of self respect. The sideshow goes on.

I don't like seeing publicity where none is deserved. And publicity from being at your worst really galls me. Ditto for the Kardashians et al.

Hear, Hear!

Does seeing people at their worst make people feel better about themselves? Or do they use it as license to be at their own worst? Do people just like to look at freaks?

Flatpointhigh
Occupation: Voice Actor, Podcaster, I hold a Ph.D in Procrastination.

Post by Flatpointhigh » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:18 pm

I n show biusiness, there is a saying: "There is no such thing a "bad publicity" This proves the point

My Name is...
Daffy Duck.. woo hoo!
Cancer broke me

esseff44

Post by esseff44 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:31 pm

I think of Honey and her family as being a satire on the Kardashians. They are the john waters version.

But john thinks they are a waste of time.

http://thegroveguy.blogspot.com/2014/11 ... o-boo.html

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:33 pm

Nah. I can watch some of Waters' stuff. I can't stand HBB in any shape or form.

Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

esseff44

Post by esseff44 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:39 pm

His point is that they are not real and are totally scripted. Some people like to watch scary stuff and some people like to watch disgusting stuff even though they know it's not real. Same for glamor. It's not real. It's all escape.

Sequoia32

Post by Sequoia32 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:40 pm

Honey Boo Boo's 'Sketti'

Ingredients

1 Pound spaghetti

3/4 Cup ketchup

3/4 Cup butter or margarine (Mama June uses margarine from a tub)

Preparation

Step 1:

Boil spaghetti according to packaging directions, or about 20 mins. until it is soft.

Step 2:

Mix butter and ketchup in a bowl and microwave until mixture is melted together. Pour over pasta and serve hot.

Just Google for more disgusting recipes from Mama June.

So far every case of Ebola in this country got it by helping people. So relax, Republicans, you're in the clear. - Tina Dupuy

Ragged Edgar

Post by Ragged Edgar » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:41 pm

Honey Boo Boo's 'Sketti'

Ingredients

1 Pound spaghetti

3/4 Cup ketchup

3/4 Cup butter or margarine (Mama June uses margarine from a tub)

Preparation

Step 1:

Boil spaghetti according to packaging directions, or about 20 mins. until it is soft.

Step 2:

Mix butter and ketchup in a bowl and microwave until mixture is melted together. Pour over pasta and serve hot.

Just Google for more disgusting recipes from Mama June.

Someone should call CPS just for that.

esseff44

Post by esseff44 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:52 pm

Not a lot different than this staple of many children's diets. At least Mama June just doesn't open a can and warm it up.

http://web.archive.org/web/201307262303 ... ettios.asp

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:06 pm

Boil the pasta for 20 minutes, eh? ok.

Oh wait! When your teeth have all rotted al dente is not an option.

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:03 pm

Yeah, 20 minutes is pretty damn excessive. That's "turned to mush" territory.

Learn to Swear in Latin. Profanity with class!
https://blogs.transparent.com/latin/lat ... -in-latin/

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:43 pm

In that article Essef, John said, "She's our generation's Shirley Temple." :lol: Of course all these shows are scripted, if they shot your life for a week how much could they use? They're entertainment, so they need to be entertaining.

Well, I worked for Divine, it's not a high bar so Orly and Mama June fit right in. :P I thought this story was interesting because it's contemporaneous both with the Jenner interview and Supreme Court hearing. Did you watch the clip? It was Pumpkin's big announcement, June was just there for support... but then Pumpkin outed her mother (On Inside Edition! Go big or go home!).

The thing is, she just rolled with it, said yes and laughed and they moved on. That's astonishing to me, this redneck family with gay Uncle Poodle and now the girls. Seeing such huge extremes of people willing to be honest and tell their stories is making a difference in hearts and minds... BRIDEGROOM was a huge step in that direction. Mama June and her family are willing to go there publicly; maybe things have changed even more then than has been polled. Still hard to believe.

The Here Comes Honey Boo Boo commitment ceremony between Mama June and Sugar Bear clocked that TLC series’ biggest audience ever– 3.2 million viewers – and finished No. 2 in its 9 PM time slot among all TV programs, broadcast or cable, with women 18-34. (Deadline: http://deadline.com/2013/09/here-comes- ... ot-585985/). Ka-ching!

Here's June making mashed potatoes and.... SKETTI!

Photo: Merry Christmas from the titular Mama June. Santa (aka Sugar Bear) and her lovely family!
Hey! Don't miss The Fogbow's Favorite TV Show starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: From Not To Hot!"

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:55 pm

Only 3.2 million viewers. That strikes me as a little low for a successful TV show.

Mind you its 16 times what FOX news gets so...

Flatpointhigh

Post by Flatpointhigh » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:08 pm

reality shows aren't "scripted" in the normal sense, but there is a story arc that is developed as the show progresses.

My Name is...
Daffy Duck.. woo hoo!
Cancer broke me

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:09 pm

Interesting, where did you get your network ratings data? They always posted strong numbers (and there are tons of international sales on the show too, I saw it in Denmark and that was hilarious).

Not only beating Fox News, but the Republican National Convention :lol:

'Honey Boo Boo' Ratings Top the Republican National Convention August 30, 2012

The TLC series hits another high in its fourth episode, nearing 3 million viewers and topping cable news and broadcast network coverage of the RNC among adults 18-49. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... ion-367022

The finale episode - featuring the emotional commitment ceremony between matriarch June and her longtime partner Sugar Bear- ranked #1 in the 9pm hour among all ad-supported cable with W25-54/18-49/18-34 and P18-49/18-34 delivery, and #2 on all of television in the 9pm hour with W18-34 delivery, beating NBC’s America’s Got Talent. Additionally, it posted TLC’s highest HH, P2+ and W25-54/18-49/18-34 ratings and delivery of 2013 to-date, and the network’s highest P2+ delivery since Breaking Amish: The Shunning Truth Part 1 in November 2012 (11/11/12). In addition, the network scored its best Wednesday Prime P2+ delivery since December 2010 and also nabbed its best HH, P2+, W25-54/18-49/18-34 and P18-49 rating and delivery in the time period in over a decade (since 12/25/02, Trading Spaces: Home for the Holiday). Source: Nielsen, L+SD, finale = 9/11/13;. L+SD Rtg/(000s).

HERE COMES HONEY BOO BOO also saw continued success on the digital front this season, nabbing nine consecutive weeks on SocialGuide’s top 10 cable charts and garnering over 1M total Twitter mentions. It also generated six Twitter US Trending Topics: #HoneyBooBoo, #HereComesHoneyBooBoo, #WatchNSniff, Honey Boo Boo, Sugar Bear, #ShugieLovesJune.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/0 ... 54/202476/

Summer finales: HBO's The Newsroom drew a modest 1.7 million viewers for Sunday's second-season finale, opposite Showtime's penultimate Dexter (2.4 million) and the third-to-last episode of AMC's Breaking Bad (6.4 million, another series high). Other finales: ABC's Mistresses (3.9 million viewers Monday) and Rookie Blue (4.7 million Thursday); Fox's Masterchef (6.3 million Wednesday) and So You Think You Can Dance (4.4 million Tuesday); NBC's Camp (3.2 million Wednesday); TNT's Rizzoli & Isles (5.7 million Tuesday); USA's Burn Notice (5 million for Thursday's series finale) and Royal Pains (3.7 million Wednesday); and TLC's Here Comes Honey Boo Boo (a series-high 3.2 million Wednesday).

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2 ... s/2825727/

Even before the big Pumpkin/June announcement, they were considered gay friendly (and believe me they have a following)

Out praised the show for Alana Thompson's attitude toward her gay paternal uncle Lee "Poodle" Thompson; Thompson stated, "Ain't nothing wrong with bein' a little gay." Out noted the show's "clear message of equality" and said that Alana's acceptance of her gay relative "confounded" the stereotype of the "redneck" working-class, Southern white female. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Here_Comes_Honey_Boo_Boo

IDK about #WatchNSniff but you know, kids.

Photo: Merry Christmas from the titular Mama June. Santa (aka Sugar Bear) and her lovely family!
Hey! Don't miss The Fogbow's Favorite TV Show starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: From Not To Hot!"

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:20 pm

Interesting, where did you get your network ratings data?

Yeah you're right, I was thinking of the "demo" rumbers. It out does all of FOXes numbers by a million or so though

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/3 ... 98220.html

Tarrant

Post by Tarrant » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:19 am

Only 3.2 million viewers. That strikes me as a little low for a successful TV show.

Mind you its 16 times what FOX news gets so...

Anything over a million is pretty good for a cable channel. Many millions are generally only for network TV, or the biggest cable shows around.

Lani

Post by Lani » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:16 am

June has the resources to feed the family nutritious food. For far too many, ketchup on noodles is all they can afford. On a good day. With compassionate interventions to encourage a wiser choice than ketchup, people can find healthier alternatives. (Unless they are homeless. Then they cook up some noddles on a camp fire and dump ketchup packets from McD's and other places on to the noodles.)

When I was working with low income seniors, I found this USDA site that lets peeps enter the type of cooking equipment they have, the cost per portion, and the meal type. I tested several recipes and found quite a few that are very tasty, especially with additional seasoning. http://www.whatscooking.fns.usda.gov/se ... m-snap-162

If people in extreme poverty can pull together a healthier meal, there's no excuse for what June is foisting on her family.

Insert signature here: ____________________________________________________

mmmirele

Post by mmmirele » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:33 am

My brother is making his incredible spaghetti for dinner tonight. And then he'll send me home with some. "Sketti" is just colored mush noodles by comparison.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:42 am

Lotta wheat in that spaghetti.

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:42 am

Naw, Stern. After 20 minutes of boiling there's very little wheat left.

Flatpointhigh

Post by Flatpointhigh » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:18 pm

June has the resources to feed the family nutritious food. For far too many, ketchup on noodles is all they can afford. On a good day. With compassionate interventions to encourage a wiser choice than ketchup, people can find healthier alternatives. (Unless they are homeless. Then they cook up some noddles on a camp fire and dump ketchup packets from McD's and other places on to the noodles.)

When I was working with low income seniors, I found this USDA site that lets peeps enter the type of cooking equipment they have, the cost per portion, and the meal type. I tested several recipes and found quite a few that are very tasty, especially with additional seasoning. http://www.whatscooking.fns.usda.gov/se ... m-snap-162

If people in extreme poverty can pull together a healthier meal, there's no excuse for what June is foisting on her family.

Thanks for that link!!!

My Name is...
Daffy Duck.. woo hoo!
Cancer broke me

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Wed May 06, 2015 10:47 pm

We're gonna have Boots On The Ground! May 16 Pompano Beach! :P And $5,500... Isn't that more than Orly's taken in over 6 years?

Mama June becomes the latest reality star to get the VIP personal appearance treatment at Crazy Horse, joining other small screen celebrities such as Teen Mom‘s Farrah Abraham, Mob Wives‘ Drita D’Avanzo and Keeping Up With The Kardashians club lubber Scott Disick. According to TMZ, Mama June will be getting a first class flight, swanky hotel diggs, and $5,500. That’s a lot of cheese puffs!

Despite what the exclusive Starcasm Photoshopped poster above might suggest, Mama June will reportedly not be performing on stage during her appearance, merely hanging and partying it up with fans and attendees. Then again, she may use the opportunity to show off her recent weight loss courtesy of her personal trainer Natasha Fett. According to reports she has already shed 45 pounds!

http://starcasm.net/archives/314230

@starcasm @MamaJune_BooBoo May 16 is the official date to meet Mama June live in person! We can't wait! Gonna be EPIC! #crazyfl#meetmamajune

— Crazy Horse Florida (@CrazyHorseFL) May 3, 2015

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Fri May 08, 2015 8:45 pm

<sarcasm> a trainer named Fett. Fett(german) = fat, lard.. </sarcasm>

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Sat May 16, 2015 6:43 pm

It's tonight! Just talked with the press rep, it's on! VIP Meet & Greet and reporter session at 11pm at Crazy Horse Pompano. I'll ask if she's heard of Orly. Anything else? Happy to ask some FB member questions. What shot should I buy her? Lemondrop?

See, being press is glamorous! :lol:

Fortinbras

Post by Fortinbras » Sat May 16, 2015 9:03 pm

I am completely confused as to why Mama June gets a TV show. I was also completely confused as to why Honey Booboo got a TV show.

It would seem to me that it would have been more authentic to find a descendant of the Jukes or of the Kallikaks for a TV series.

Return to “Current Events”