Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Princess foofypants not well

June bug

Re: Princess foofypants not well

Post by June bug »

Hugs and love to you and Mia, Bob. May your love and your strength help you both get through this. I'm so glad to hear things are a bit better, at least.

Keeping you both in my prayers.
Dr. Caligari

Post by Dr. Caligari »

So glad to hear she is improving. Know that you both are loved, and that we are all sending prayers and good wishes.
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Law
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I thought Mia was a fantastic woman when I met her. I hope things keep going better for you and her.
Hic sunt dracones
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

We're all so grateful for your updates, Realist. Thank you! :bighug:
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
realist

Post by realist »

And I have great neighbors.

Wow!! They just brought over bolognese with penne pasta, fresh greens salad, focaccia bread and a piece of cake. Yummy!!
Image X 4
Image X 32
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

Yay for good neighbors!
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

realist wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:26 pm And I have great neighbors.

Wow!! They just brought over bolognese with penne pasta, fresh greens salad, focaccia bread and a piece of cake. Yummy!!
That's awesome, will be right over! :P And grateful to hear the better news, we've been so worried. Thinking of you both tons. Here are funny pup videos to make you smile xx

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
sterngard friegen

Post by sterngard friegen »

:boxing:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:bunny:
Keep on keeping on!!!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
realist

Post by realist »

Evening update on the princess.

She is still doing "okay." Still slowly moving in the right direction. She is still sedated and intubated so I couldn't talk to her. 😢 They are continuing to decrease the help from the ventilator and she's doing okay. Her heart rate is still normal. She is still on 2 supporting meds for her blood pressure (down from 3) and her BP IS 110/50, so much better than when she arrived at Georgetown. Her lactic acid (infection test) has gone down from 4.7 this morning to 3.0. 👍 She has been on dialysis now for a little over 24 hours and it's continuing to do its job, cleaning up and pulling off fluid. They pulled another liter off so that's 5 liters counting the paracentesis. She is still not producing much urine but the dialysis is aiding in that respect as well, so still not overly concerned at this time. When she's briefly awake she is oriented and coherent. Bottom line, while still very, very sick, she is still slowly moving in the right direction.
Image X 4
Image X 32
realist

Post by realist »

I wish there were an easily available “like” button. If there were, I would definitely “like” all the continued supporting posts for the princess. I know she would as well.

Sorry I can’t respond to each one, but know they are all appreciated, not only by me but the princess as well.

:bighug: :lovestruck:
Image X 4
Image X 32
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Oriented and coherent are good. :bighug:
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Glad to hear the good progress. :thumbsup:
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Lani

Post by Lani »

Great to hear that things are moving in the right direction :thumbsup:
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Sunrise

Post by Sunrise »

:grouphug:
Dr. Caligari

Post by Dr. Caligari »

So glad to hear she is moving in the right direction.
Still praying for both of you. :bighug:
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

I like the positive progress reports, but there's no like button. :blackeye:

Ol' Wifehorn and I have been very worried, but it looks like Mia is going in the right direction now.

Hugs to the princess. :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:
Some things are simply too fast, or too relentless to avoid. Like the North Carolina rain.

Or the future.
realist

Post by realist »

Finally was able to speak with her nurse. Today's report is not as encouraging. Still little to no urine output but still on dialysis which is doing all that work for her. Her lactic acid is still at 3.0 so no improvement with the infection overnight. Her blood pressure is still good but still supported by drugs, but less support than yesterday. Her heart rate is still normal. She's still sedated but is pretty much "out of it" when they wake her and seems agitated but will eventually settle down.

Her major problem, which changed direction during the night is her breathing. Yesterday they were able to slowly decrease the amount of ventilation. During the night, that began to change as her O2 saturation began to go down into the 80s (87, 88) so had to increase the amount of ventilation. She is now on FULL ventilator support and her O2 sat is still only 91%. Her lung x-ray is worse. Her lungs are more "junky," which of course would account for the decrease in her ability to breathe.

The doctors will be in to round shortly and will then decide on what action to take for the immediate future. They are then supposed to call me. I will update you again when they do.

Bottom line at this time is she is not doing well. And that's a quote from her nurse. :crying:
Image X 4
Image X 32
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

:brofist:
Hic sunt dracones
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

realist wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:39 am Finally was able to speak with her nurse. Today's report is not as encouraging. Still little to no urine output but still on dialysis which is doing all that work for her. Her lactic acid is still at 3.0 so no improvement with the infection overnight. Her blood pressure is still good but still supported by drugs, but less support than yesterday. Her heart rate is still normal. She's still sedated but is pretty much "out of it" when they wake her and seems agitated but will eventually settle down.

Her major problem, which changed direction during the night is her breathing. Yesterday they were able to slowly decrease the amount of ventilation. During the night, that began to change as her O2 saturation began to go down into the 80s (87, 88) so had to increase the amount of ventilation. She is now on FULL ventilator support and her O2 sat is still only 91%. Her lung x-ray is worse. Her lungs are more "junky," which of course would account for the decrease in her ability to breathe.

The doctors will be in to round shortly and will then decide on what action to take for the immediate future. They are then supposed to call me. I will update you again when they do.

Bottom line at this time is she is not doing well. And that's a quote from her nurse. :crying:
So sorry to hear this. :( :grouphug:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

:pray: :brokenheart: :bighug:
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Dr. Caligari

Post by Dr. Caligari »

Oh, noes! :eek:

I'm praying she takes another turn for the better. :bighug:
jemcanada2

Post by jemcanada2 »

:brokenheart: :brokenheart:

So sorry! Hoping and praying for another turn for the better.
Fiascoist

Post by Fiascoist »

:brokenheart: Keeping you both in my thoughts.
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

:yeahthat:
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.

Return to “General Stuff”