Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Princess foofypants not well

Lani

Re: Princess foofypants not well

Post by Lani »

Sending love from FEMA Camp 5-0 :bighug:
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
NewMexGirl

Post by NewMexGirl »

Oh, how awful for you both. Many positive thoughts headed in your direction. :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:
Sunrise

Post by Sunrise »

Sending a ton of good wishes for the best possible results. :bighug: :bighug:
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

Yes, sending much love and positive energy to you both! :bighug:
insomnia

Post by insomnia »

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug:
slq

Post by slq »

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug: My thoughts are with both of you.
"Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try."
--Yoda
realist

Post by realist »

LM K wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:43 pm Hugs and kisses to you both!

Realist, will you be allowed to be with Princess during her stay in the ICU? I know most hospitals allow one person in the ICU.
Only brieflY, couple times a day, due to COVID protocols. If not for that, yes, I could.
Image X 4
Image X 32
realist

Post by realist »

I just got home a little bit ago. The princess is doing maybe slightly better and is resting/sleeping comfortably.

I will see her again in the morning and will update.

She says thanks and :bighug: to you all. As do I. :thumbsup:
Image X 4
Image X 32
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

IMG_0016.jpeg
IMG_0016.jpeg (144.41 KiB) Viewed 2436 times
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

Positive energy on the way. :bighug:
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Get well, Princess! :lovestruck:
Some things are simply too fast, or too relentless to avoid. Like the North Carolina rain.

Or the future.
realist

Post by realist »

I just spoke with Mia's nurse. She had an "uneventful" night, slept. There are no real signs of improvement, so about the same. The only “positive” is they have been able to decrease her oxygen but there remains, obviously, some very concerning issues.

Also, protocols have changed since yesterday, due to COVID cases increasing again and she is not allowed any visitors unless it is an end-of-life event until and unless restrictions change. I am going to head to the hospital to take her her glasses and phone and teddy bear. I can't even go inside. I call her nurse when I arrive and she will meet me in front of the main building. This is going to be torture for both of us. 😢
Image X 4
Image X 32
filly

Post by filly »

This is beyond my capacity for words. :grouphug:
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

In sickness and in health.

Much love Realist.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

When we had our first big Fogbow Meetup, in our nation's capital in October 2010 (OK, our first Meetup was in Phoenix in May 2010, but we were still Politijab, Fogbow didn't open until September), the Princess was in a lot of pain from something or other, I forgets the exact cause. I think it was a knee.

But that lady never complained, and she kept a smile on her face throughout the weekend, and if you didn't know she was hurting you would never have been able to guess it. We did a lot of walking, too also.

She didn't complain when she fell in the - I want to say Ikea (?) - store and got eleventy stitches over her eye, either. She's tougher than an Army boot, but gorgeous and 6 feet tall.

But it sucks that realist can't visit in her room. Are you guys vaccinated? If not, is she going to be vaccinated while she's in the hospital?
Some things are simply too fast, or too relentless to avoid. Like the North Carolina rain.

Or the future.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Much love to you both. :bighug: :bighug:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

Mrs. RC and I send her hugs and best wishes for a speedy recovery. :bighug:
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

Its difficult to find words. My heart breaks for you both Real, and I'm pulling for that sweet, tough gal.
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

I'm so sorry to hear this, and am sending positive thoughts!
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I'm sorry you can't be together for a while. Take care, and good luck to both of you.

:bighug:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

:bighug:
realist

Post by realist »

Foggy wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:05 am When we had our first big Fogbow Meetup, in our nation's capital in October 2010 (OK, our first Meetup was in Phoenix in May 2010, but we were still Politijab, Fogbow didn't open until September), the Princess was in a lot of pain from something or other, I forgets the exact cause. I think it was a knee.

But that lady never complained, and she kept a smile on her face throughout the weekend, and if you didn't know she was hurting you would never have been able to guess it. We did a lot of walking, too also.

She didn't complain when she fell in the - I want to say Ikea (?) - store and got eleventy stitches over her eye, either. She's tougher than an Army boot, but gorgeous and 6 feet tall.

But it sucks that realist can't visit in her room. Are you guys vaccinated? If not, is she going to be vaccinated while she's in the hospital?
We were both vaccinated on April 2. Makes no difference to the hospital re visits.

You’re right, she’s tough and a fighter. She’s going to need all the toughness and fight she can muster on this one. Thanks
Image X 4
Image X 32
realist

Post by realist »

I just go back from taking Mia her phone and glasses and Teddy Bear. She's glad have Bear. 😊 As soon as I got home I got to FaceTime with her. It was so good to see her but she looks so very sick. The call didn't last long, as she doesn't have a lot of energy. 😢 she's still having trouble breathing. They are putting her on dialysis, but not what we normally think of. It will run for 24 hours. She does have slight kidney function so the goal is to use the dialysis to kick start the kidneys back to proper (or at least close to) normal. They also are planning to drain the fluid from her abdomen if they feel she can get through it okay. Her MELD score has gone up to 39! With 40 being the highest. 😔 She's too sick though to have a transplant, even if they had a liver for her. 😟The doctors are supposed to contact me later today or in the morning. If I learn anything else, I'll let you know.

Bottom line, she is not doing well and looks really bad. Her nurse told me the doctors are still optimistic they can turn her around. I hope that's true. I can't imagine life without her.
Image X 4
Image X 32
Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 »

Virtual hugs. Beaming healing thoughts. Praying to every deity I can think of, maybe one will stick.

:boxing: :boxing: :boxing:
Optimism is a good characteristic, but if carried to an excess, it becomes foolishness.
—Theodore Roosevelt
Gene Kooper

Post by Gene Kooper »

So sorry to hear that Princess foofypants is not doing well. Please give Mia my best and let her know that you are both in Mrs. Gneiss and my prayers. I too am coming to understand that NASH is not a good thing.

Return to “General Stuff”