Julian Assange loses extradition appeal at Supreme Court

Slim Cognito

Re: Julian Assange loses extradition appeal at Supreme Court

Post by Slim Cognito »

Now that Barr is AG, my guess is we’re pretty much there. Not to stray too far off topic but - now that Barr has authorized cherry picking and declassifying info about the Russia investigation, I fear he’ll actually frame people trump has scapegoated and send them to prison to appease trump.
ImageImageImage x4

RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Slim Cognito wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 7:32 am
Now that Barr is AG, my guess is we’re pretty much there. Not to stray too far off topic but - now that Barr has authorized cherry picking and declassifying info about the Russia investigation, I fear he’ll actually frame people trump has scapegoated and send them to prison to appease trump.
:yeah: And he will likely out anyone that has given testimony about Trump and Trump Jr. The report makes it quite clear that Trump Jr broke the law. Of course, he broke one of those laws that you can break as long as you can say you didn't know it was against the law. But I digress. Lots of hurt to come.
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut »

US Delivers Formal Extradition Request for Julian Assange to the UK

From the Washington Post:
The Justice Department has delivered to officials in the United Kingdom a formal extradition request for Julian Assange, making further U.S. charges against the WikiLeaks founder unlikely.

A U.S. official who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss a sensitive matter said the request was sent Thursday. The United States’ treaty with Britain required that the request be sent within 60 days of Assange’s April 11 arrest at the Ecuadoran Embassy in London.

The same treaty bars the United States from prosecuting Assange for any alleged crimes beyond those outlined in the extradition request, unless those acts occur after his extradition. In an 18-count indictment filed last month, prosecutors charged Assange with violating the Espionage Act and conspiring to hack into a government computer.

The Justice Department did not pursue Assange for the 2017 exposure of Central Intelligence Agency hacking tools known as “Vault 7,” according to government officials, out of concern that doing so would do more damage to national security. Joshua Adam Schulte, a former CIA employee, is accused in New York federal court of leaking that information to WikiLeaks.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/pu ... c40fadb148
"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson

Northland10

Post by Northland10 »

Wait.. I thought the Q's were saying Assange was coming back with Trump?
North-land: of the family 10

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent »

So espionage and hacking, how pedestrian, so Assange.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Northland10 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:54 pm
Wait.. I thought the Q's were saying Assange was coming back with Trump?
This is all a cover story. Assange is being brought in to testify against Hillary and the deep state. :rotflmao:

Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Notorial Dissent wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:01 pm
So espionage and hacking, how pedestrian, so Assange.
It has been suggested that the US is keen to avoid Assange's side spinning this as a press or journalistic freedom issue, mainly for keeping the UK courts and opinion on-side but also to cut out those defenses in US courts.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Sweden drops Julian Assange rape investigation
Prosecutor says country will not proceed with investigation into WikiLeaks founder

Ben Quinn
Tue 19 Nov 2019 13.23 GMTFirst published on Tue 19 Nov 2019 13.15 GMT

Swedish authorities have discontinued an investigation into a rape allegation against the WikiLeaks founder, Julian Assange, after a review of the evidence.

The deputy chief prosecutor, Eva-Marie Persson, said the complainant’s evidence was deemed credible and reliable, but that after nearly a decade, witnesses’ memories had faded.

“After conducting a comprehensive assessment of what has emerged during the course of the preliminary investigation I then make the assessment that the evidence is not strong enough to form the basis for filing an indictment,” Persson said. An appeal against the decision could be made to the office of Sweden’s attorney general, she added.

Assange, who is battling extradition to the US, which accuses him of publishing secret documents related to his WikiLeaks work, has been facing potential charges in Sweden since 2010. The 48-year-old has denied all allegations against him.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2019/ ... estigation

Return to “Current Events”