Bad Behavior and Deadly Behavior

Volkonski

Re: Bad Behavior and Deadly Behavior

Post by Volkonski »

My brother went to Norwich University. It is a private military academy.
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Addie

Post by Addie »

Bay City News Service
San Francisco: Man seriously injured in mob attack

SAN FRANCISCO -- A man was left with life-threatening injuries after a large group of people attacked him early today in San Francisco's South of Market area, according to police.

The attack occurred around 2:40 a.m. at Harrison and Harriet streets, according to police.

Witnesses told police that a group of 15 to 30 male and female suspects were seen kicking and punching the victim, a man in his early to mid 20s, and using glass bottles as weapons.

The victim was knocked unconscious and the suspects fled the scene on foot.

The victim was taken to the hospital with life-threatening injuries and police today described him as suffering from "deteriorating brain function."
"The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for." - Barbara Kingsolver

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent »

In close proximity, ANY amount of C4 is more than I want to be near. I will hope at least that this was out in the country some where and not in town.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

mimi

Post by mimi »

Notorial Dissent wrote:In close proximity, ANY amount of C4 is more than I want to be near. I will hope at least that this was out in the country some where and not in town.
Nope. This is his home:

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/11605 ... 7695_zpid/

Also, the complaint is here. PDF:
http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/Pa ... plaint.pdf

He had all kinds of stuff just laying around. Out in the open.

What was John Panchalk planning to do with all this stuff?

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia »

mimi wrote:He had all kinds of stuff just laying around. Out in the open.

He may not have been planning to "do" anything with it. He wouldn't be the first, nor the last, military/militia guy that just thinks having the stuff is cool. If 1 lb is cool, 100 lbs is even cooler. An ex-boyfriend, ex-military had all sorts of weird military ordnance lying around like that, and that was over 30 years ago. He wasn't an obvious nutjob, or RWNJ or anything like that, and he was very high up in a state level law enforcement agency. He never planned to do anything with his either. He just collected the stuff.

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar »

You know, I can see that. I've heard of guys who work with radioactive compounds exhibiting that behavior.
The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

mimi

Post by mimi »

Well that's just scary.

I'd bet his neighbors are none too happy.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent »

I doubt they know, but I'm betting they wouldn't be happy if they knew. I know I wouldn't.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Kriselda Gray
Location: FEMA Camp 2112 - a joint project of the U.S. and Canada

Post by Kriselda Gray »

mimi wrote:
Notorial Dissent wrote:In close proximity, ANY amount of C4 is more than I want to be near. I will hope at least that this was out in the country some where and not in town.
Nope. This is his home:

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/11605 ... 7695_zpid/

Also, the complaint is here. PDF:
http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/Pa ... plaint.pdf

He had all kinds of stuff just laying around. Out in the open.

Yeah, OP isn't rural at all, though i remember when that area was still mostly undeveloped. The community college was out there, but nothing else for miles. Now it's smack-dab in the middle of suburbia. He's really not all that far from me. He's in one of the higher-income parts of the county, not at all where you think someone would be hiding any amount of C4. It's a little freaky, you konw?
Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand... - "Witch Hunt" by Rush

Thor promised to slay the Ice Giants
God promised to quell all evil
I'm not seeing any Ice Giants... :thor:

SueDB

Post by SueDB »

And it looks to me like:
:eek2: :yikes: He's long term storing explosives and detonators (blasting caps etc) in the same vicinity. Explosives are explosives because they are very volatile compounds. They are stored chemical energy just waiting for an opportunity to be not very volatile compounds.

Scary folks in suburbia... :shock:
:cussing: (AssHole! - best Kevin Kline/Fish-Wanda)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlylQ8XYqx8
“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

Addie

Post by Addie »

Newsweek
Gang Leader Orders Baby’s Murder, Highlighting Georgia Gang Problem

The baby was in the bathtub, dead. When police arrived at the two-story home on To Lani Farm Road just outside the ring road that encircles Atlanta, they found four people with gunshot wounds in the upstairs master bathroom—two women lay injured on the floor and another woman was in the bathtub with KenDarious Edwards Jr., her 9-month-old son. KenDarious had been shot and killed.

His young mother was led out of the house covered in blood, saying over and over, “My baby is dead, my baby,” according to the DeKalb County police report from the May 2014 attack. She later told CBS the gunmen kicked in the bathroom door and shot her son in the chest, arm and stomach. Because he had yet to live a full year, KenDarious’s age is written on the report as “0.” ...

The murder of that infant raises disturbing questions about both prison security and how incarcerated gang leaders communicate with one another across the country. Not only did Jackson order the murder from inside a Georgia state prison with a smuggled cellphone, James says, but during the time of the shooting he was in touch with Sex Money Murder’s top two commanders, both of whom were locked up in the federal SuperMax prison in Colorado. And he says that Jackson ordered KenDarious’s murder in a “inner-gang retaliation” because the baby boy’s uncle had killed a fellow gang member without permission. “Typically, in gang culture you cannot kill another member of the gang unless there’s authorization from higher above,” James says.

The murder of that 9-month-old boy also illustrates how local gangs in the Atlanta area have been overrun by national gangs like the Gangster Disciples from Chicago, or Sex Money Murder, which began in the New York City jail system in 1993 as a subset of the Bloods, according to court papers. “When I was growing up here most of what we called gangs were neighborhood gangs,” says Lt. Corey Swain, head of the gang unit in the DeKalb County Police Department. “But now we have the national gangs that everyone has read about and seen movies about—[they’ve] actually moved into the Atlanta area.”
"The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for." - Barbara Kingsolver

gshevlin

Post by gshevlin »

It looks like Litteral is about to get his day in court after pleading guilty http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/l ... 67757.html

mimi

Post by mimi »

Explosives found in Kingman, Arizona, linked to Panaca, Nevada, bombings
Sally Ho, Associated Press 3:20 p.m. MDT July 15, 2016
LAS VEGAS - Arizona police announced Friday the discovery of improvised bombs and several pounds of explosives in the home and car of a man who traveled to a quiet Nevada town and set off bombs that killed him and showered the community with shrapnel and debris.

The material was found in Kingman, Arizona, by officers searching the 40-foot motorhome, storage shed and car of the 59-year-old suspect, Glenn Franklin Jones, said Kingman Deputy Police Chief Rusty Cooper.

He died Wednesday night in Panaca, about a four-hour drive from Kingman, after detonating a bomb in the rental car outside a house also destroyed by explosives just after a woman and two girls inside fled for their lives.
Authorities have not disclosed a motive but Panaca residents identified the occupants of the house destroyed by the blasts as Joshua and Tiffany Cluff, who previously worked with Jones at the Grover C. Dils Medical Center in the neighboring town of Caliente.

Hospital administrator Jason Bleak said Friday that the Cluffs and Jones were nurses but that they voluntarily quit their jobs at various times over the past two years. Joshua Cluff was previously Jones' supervisor.
http://www.thespectrum.com/story/news/2 ... /87148928/

The Cluffs have three daughters.

A neighbor of the man who killed himself by detonating two bombs in the small Nevada town of Panaca says the suspect crafted bombs while in the Army and was depressed following a series of personal tragedies.

Dennis Sanders said he knew Glenn Jones through church and tried to help him overcome depression after his wife's death and his mother's suicide.

Sanders said Friday that Jones told him he had bought the gun his mother used to kill herself.

Sanders also said Jones built bombs during his Army stint and did demolition work.

But Sanders says he was surprised to hear that Jones set off the blasts that showered shrapnel and debris across Panaca, which is near the Utah border.

that's from a live-blog:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/late ... s-40610388

Posted July 15, 2016 - 7:09amUpdated July 15, 2016 - 8:07pm
Lincoln County bomber lost nursing license months before attack

By HENRY BREAN, DAVE HAWKINS and BLAKE APGAR
LAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL
Four months before he blew himself up in front of a house in the Lincoln County town of Panaca, Glenn Franklin Jones was stripped of his Nevada nursing license for mishandling narcotics.

At a March 24 hearing in Reno, the State Board of Nursing found Jones guilty of withdrawing morphine from the medication dispensers of two patients at Grover C. Dils Medical Center in Caliente without documenting what happened to the controlled substance.

Jones did not attend the disciplinary hearing.

State records show he had been certified as a licensed practical nurse in Nevada since 1993. The board barred him from reapplying for his license for five years.

Jones stopped working at the medical center in August, shortly after the last undocumented morphine withdrawal cited by the nursing board.
http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/natio ... ths-attack

They say he left on good terms. :?

He apparently wanted to destroy the house, but not hurt the women.

The blasts hurled car parts, building materials and bomb fragments across the town with some debris landing up to a mile away.

Jones also seemed to have a fascination with military memorabilia, said another former neighbor who knew Jones and the family living in the house.

"I guess he was bent on destruction, but not killing," said Richard Katschke. "They got about a half a block, and the house blew up."

Jones, 59, used to live in Panaca, where Katschke and former neighbor Dennis Sanders said he helped build the house owned by his former co-workers, Joshua and Tiffany Cluff. The house was still standing but left uninhabitable by the twin blasts.
bunch more:
https://lasvegassun.com/news/2016/jul/1 ... al-nevada/

Not that it's related (and I doubt it is), but Josh Cluff has Lavoy Finicum logo as his facebook profile, and is 'friends' with a lot of Finicums. He belongs to "The William Tell Project" that Moe and the others belong to. He 'likes' the "We the People Are Lavoy Finicum
Non-Governmental Organization (NGO)" page.

It's the correct facebook profile.
RN at CYC
Worked at Grover C. Dils Medical Center
Studied at Mohave Community College North Mohave
Went to Fredonia High School Fredonia, AZ
Lives in Panaca, Nevada
Married to Tiffany Cluff

https://www.facebook.com/joshua.cluff.7

From Fredonia, Arizona

https://www.facebook.com/joshua.cluff.7

mimi

Post by mimi »

That story reminded me of a guy in the neighborhood I grew up in. On the street where I lived.

A few doors down, a guy was making pipe bombs in the basement and an explosion happened. The house still stood, so I don't know how big an explosion, but he was disabled from it. He lost his left hand and injured a foot.

I don't remember the explosion at all, so I must have been busy or something. :? I just remember people talking about it.

So, in looking back at the newspaper archives just now it says the judge gave him probation due to his disability. Also, he was prohibited from having weapons.

Then, in 1990, another story appears because a fire broke out due to a natural gas explosion in the home of his aunt. He apparently lived with his aunt for awhile, which was not in the neighborhood I grew up in. They found 3 handguns, 5 semi-automatic rifles and shotguns, 14,588 rounds of ammo, 8 pipes used to make bombs, powder, and more.

So the guy just stored all his 'toys' at his aunt's place.

The article said they turned over 21 of the weapons from the earlier 1982 seizure to his son a month before the second incident. We always thought the son was weird, too.

It was a weird family. IIRC, when I was a kid, the guy was referred to as 'crap-apple' because he was just a nasty guy. Not to his face. Nobody talked to him because he was so nasty. But nobody thought he was a bomb-maker.

mimi

Post by mimi »

The FBI moved in this week to arrest a man with a history of attacking minority groups and online after he threatened to burn down the largest mosque in Boston.

The FBI arrested a Massachusetts man who made social media comments “deriding” Jews, people of color, the LGBT community and liberals this week after he allegedly threatened to burn down the largest mosque in Boston.

Patrick Keogan, 44, of Wilmington, Mass., was arrested after a three-year investigation that included secretly placing a court-authorized GPS tracking device on his vehicle while threats were being posted on Facebook, court documents disclosed.

The FBI agent said in a court filing that it believes the suspect’s Facebook posts exceeded First Amendment protections because they were intended as threats.

During the federal investigation, FBI agents learned Keogan, who has a felony record, was illegally purchasing ammunition and posted Facebook pictures holding rifles and ammunition, both of which he is not allowed to possess under law. He now faces federal charges of “willful threat to injure or intimidate another and destroy a building by means of fire” and being a felon in possession of ammunition.
more:

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/201 ... qo.twitter

I wasn't aware of the racist cartoonist A. Wyatt Mann, which these guys seem to like to tack on to their names. Now I see some with that added, but their facebooks are scrubbed.

The Affidavit is here. It's more informative than the post:
https://cbsboston.files.wordpress.com/2 ... idavit.pdf

There doesn't seem to be any problem for felons to buy guns, gun parts, ammo.

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo »

Armed anarchists rally at Brock Turner's home: 'Try this again, we'll shoot you'
About a dozen armed protesters have shown up to the house of convicted sex offender Brock Turner with signs calling for the castration and killing of rapists, and some say they plan to frequently return to make him “uncomfortable in his own home”.
:snippity:

Turner, a 21-year-old former swimmer at the elite northern California university, was caught assaulting a woman by a dumpster outside a fraternity party in January 2015. After a jury convicted him of multiple felonies, Judge Aaron Persky decided in June not to send him to prison, instead sentencing him to six months in a county jail.

The Hardins said they and other anarchists will continue to show up at the Turner house – typically unannounced.

“We don’t want to give them warning so they can leave and have a nice dinner,” said Daniel, a 26-year-old forklift driver. “We want him to feel uncomfortable in his own home.”

Molly said that it was important to direct the protests at Turner’s parents as well, given that they have both continued to argue that their son did not commit sexual assault. His father infamously referred to the incident as “20 minutes of action”.
I don't know how I feel about this. Well, actually, I do: what Turner did was wrong, and he deserved a tougher sentence than he got. But I have no time for vigilantes and idiots making threats by brandishing guns. Though it is a nice mental fantasy to imagine these types harassing, say, George Zimmerman, that type of action doesn't make things better. Turning the US into an armed insurgent state is not making it better.
I've heard this bull before.

Mockingbird

Post by Mockingbird »

There's a whole lot of difference between neighborhood activists doing something like making up a strictly factual flyer informing others that a convicted sex offender lives nearby, and advising people to notify LEOs if the offender approaches their children -- as compared to brandishing guns and harassing an individual.

The first tactic draws a line in the sand : We know you're here, we're watching you, and we'll immediately call the police at the first sign of threat you present.

The second sort of action is rife with hazard and irresponsible -- if not overtly illegal.

tencats

Post by tencats »

Crazy ROAD RAGE! :boxing: :madguy:
A viral video making the rounds on Twitter and Facebook surely has earned a spot in the annals of the wildest road rage incidents known to the District of Columbia. The footage starts with a woman smashing the driver's side window and side view mirror of a Greyhound bus on a busy road in Northeast, and that's just the beginning.

"You're a crazy driver, you need to get off the road," the bus driver told the woman, according to the police report. The police narrative continues: the Audi driver pulled out a baseball bat out of her trunk and proceeded to crack the bus windshield; then she went back to her trunk, grabbed a car jack, and starting hitting the driver's side of the bus.

That's where the footage starts.
http://dcist.com/2018/08/the_road_rage_ ... _all_r.php

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 »

"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

Addie

Post by Addie »

WaPo
A woman’s daring escape from a Border Patrol agent helped reveal a ‘serial killer,’ police say ...

That information led officers to Juan David Ortiz, a supervisory Border Patrol agent. He had been hiding in a hotel parking lot after fleeing from officers and was arrested at 2:30 a.m., according to an affidavit provided to The Washington Post by county prosecutors.

Ortiz, 35, confessed to the two September murders, according to the document.

But he had other confessions to make.

He had killed two more women early Saturday morning in the five hours between the assault on the escaped woman and his capture. ...

The victims in the Ortiz case were killed or left for dead in rural parts of Webb County, which borders the Rio Grande. Laredo is about 150 miles southwest of San Antonio. The first two were U.S. citizens, but Alaniz said authorities have not released details on the last two. The Post is withholding the name of the woman who escaped.

The Texas Rangers and the Webb County Sheriff’s Office are investigating the murders, authorities said. In a statement, Customs and Border Protection said it was cooperating with investigators.

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 »

Man rear ended car, then pointed gun at driver after learning he didn’t speak English, police say
AUSTIN (KXAN) — A fender bender ended with one of the drivers behind bars, according to Austin police.

In an arrest warrant, officers say that Austin resident Brent Lee Stover, 63, rear ended the victim’s car during traffic at the 1500 block of I-35 southbound on Dec. 7.

The victim told police he was sitting in traffic when it happened, and he got out of the vehicle to assess the damage. The man says he was trying to communicate with Stover, but that Stover became “enraged” because the man only spoke Spanish.

According to the warrant, Stover began yelling things like “f*****g Latinos!” and “speak English!” while pointing a pistol at the victim and his mother, who had come out of the vehicle to try to intervene.

The victim says the gun had a laser pointer and that Stover pointed it at his chest.

Police spoke to Stover and determined that his story — that he’d thought the victim was going to hit him, that he didn’t remember when he pointed the gun at the two people — was “inconsistent.”

Stover is charged with second-degree felony assault with a deadly weapon. His bail is set at $25,000 and he is now unable to possess a firearm.
https://www.kron4.com/news/national/man ... olice-say/
"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (I-ME)

Return to “Current Events”